DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Karen Vinton, a spokeswoman for Amerit, said last month that Wint, a welder by trade, is not and has never been employed by Amerit. She said police have assured company representatives that “no employee of Amerit is a person of interest in this case.” She also said that her company is cooperating with police and that “to our knowledge, our truck was not used in any criminal activity.” She said her firm does not do business with Savopoulos’s American Iron Works.

I find this odd. This statement from Amerit came out soon after the capture. I am pretty sure aiding and abetting
a murderer is a criminal activity along with holding $10K of stolen cash for money laundering purposes. The fact the names of the others arrested haven't been published is also strange. In my mind they should all still be in jail.
Does anyone think that this was a box truck with a fake logo put on it to look legit but was used for nefarious transports?

No I do not, otherwise why would they give that statement. The picture was obviously their truck it was not something that someone slapped on fake logos. :moo:

Karen Vinton, a spokeswoman for Amerit, said last month that Wint, a welder by trade, is not and has never been employed by Amerit. She said police have assured company representatives that “no employee of Amerit is a person of interest in this case.” She also said that her company is cooperating with police and that “to our knowledge, our truck was not used in any criminal activity.” She said her firm does not do business with Savopoulos’s American Iron Works.

I find this odd. This statement from Amerit came out soon after the capture. I am pretty sure aiding and abetting
a murderer is a criminal activity along with holding $10K of stolen cash for money laundering purposes. The fact the names of the others arrested haven't been published is also strange. In my mind they should all still be in jail.
Does anyone think that this was a box truck with a fake logo put on it to look legit but was used for nefarious transports?

It is a very carefully worded PA by Amerit. The charges you reference have not been made. The rest is LE a tactical position. Not a fake Logo.

It is a very carefully worded PA by Amerit. The charges you reference have not been made. The rest is LE a tactical position. Not a fake Logo.

So then if it is an authentic Amerit truck, one of their employees was in the convoy and was initially arrested. How could LE be so assured at that point that this individual was not involved?

Because it was central to their case. My question is, if LE does NOT believe someone is involved in a crime after executing a SW, do they return the stuff to the owner or do they hold onto it until after the trial? I imagine the Chevy Cruze and the Amerit truck will remain evidence until after the trial. I'm trying to see if we can infer that by holding on to JW's property, LE still thinks he could be involved. If they do not believe his car was used during the commission of a crime, when will they give it back?

Wow that would really stink if you were innocent and lost your car and phone and laptop. I've been tough on JW but if it turns out he's innocent I will feel for the guy!!

Peace from the Guadalupe River
New Braunfels, Texas

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 210
Thank you for the welcome! It's a great community. I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of DW. As for JW I am not wholeheartedly convinced that he is involved as well and in fact I hope and pray he is not. But I can imagine a scenario where is convinced to participate in a scheme to extort money where his role would only be to make the delivery. I'm not convinced however that he even participated at this level. However I don't believe in any case that he would have agreed to anything that would lead to some harm being unleashed on the family. His social media and clean background reflects a young man who would not knowingly participate in something so heinous.

bbm

Are you saying you believe -
one or more persons stopped in Amerit truck while holding ~$10,000 cash and/or money orders or combo compels conclusions -
1. Amerit truck was used in criminal activity, so co. rep's stmt was not truthful?
2. the above (if factual) is sufficient for arresting them for aiding and abetting a murderer? Or wd more be necessary for arrests? If so, what?

(Sorry, I am pretty dense at times, so trying to understand the thought process)

Re 'fake logo'
If someone applied bogus logo to a non-Amerit truck, seems like co rep's stmt w'h/bn worded diff'ly - more like,
'After our fleet manager examined the truck LE stopped in DC on (date), he determined it was not part of our Amerit fleet.'

So then if it is an authentic Amerit truck, one of their employees was in the convoy and was initially arrested. How could LE be so assured at that point that this individual was not involved?
LE have not made such a statement. LE likely collected complete biometrics on everyone in the party. They want to know the extent of involvement or not of each of these people. They have their phone numbers, addresses, places of work and more. They can monitor them in real time. They can go back and interview them repeatedly to see how their stories hold up. Also police have an advantage that suspects do not have. They can use deception to get a suspect to reveal information. The process is to get the bad guys to tell them more.

What I thought was interesting was on the first night when they were arrested ( the six of them or 5 of them lol) only two people were photographed and filmed and put on the mainstream Media news . Why were the others never publicized and on the mainstream media at that point in time? After the fact, we know that they were not arrested but at that time when it was breaking news why were they not caught on film.

I guess this is a rhetorical question because obviously LE must have *purposely* let the other two be photographed/filmed by placing them outside for a length of time.

But whyyyyyy ?

:moo:

Thank you At The Lake.....That's what I've been wondering....why no photos of the rest of the group?

Wow that would really stink if you were innocent and lost your car and phone and laptop. I've been tough on JW but if it turns out he's innocent I will feel for the guy!!

He can replace his laptop/cell/car. But he will never get back his good name. Google his name now and you get all kinds of nefarious and horrid accusations popping up. That is what is really sad, if it turns out he was not involved.

He can replace his laptop/cell/car. But he will never get back his good name. Google his name now and you get all kinds of nefarious and horrid accusations popping up. That is what is really sad, if it turns out he was not involved.

I doubt JW has a lot of cash lying around for a new car, laptop and iphone! JMO

I doubt JW has a lot of cash lying around for a new car, laptop and iphone! JMO

Oh, true. I'm just saying that it will be a whole lot harder to get work again and replace those things if his good name is never restored. JMO

I was googling DW alias SW and the charging docs came up. So I skimmed through them and on page 3 of 15 and page 13 of 15 where they change name to DDDW it states DDW, whose true name is DDDW, "in perpetrating kidnapping and attempting to perpetrate kidnapping" ...???

Has MSM used these phrases? How did I miss this?

If you missed it, I missed it, too.

"in perpetrating kidnapping and attempting to perpetrate kidnapping"

I don't recall ever seeing those terms used by MSM. Maybe because the murder charge is the big thing? Personally, I think it's tied together, the kidnapping and murder together. It's made even worse that he kept them hostage and tortured them for so many hours before he killed them. :/ I don't know why those charge descriptions haven't been mentioned.

MOD ALERT

Folks,

The article posted re: DW's cousin getting fired in 2005, was not meant to open up discussion for anything other than that. We Mods, have asked you several times not to bring any other family members here. It is against TOS. We've had to clean up several pages re: family members and OT discussions. Please stop
:tyou:

On the CNN report last night, it was reported that the killer took pride in what he did to this family. I don't want to even speculate why that was reported. What we know is bad enough...

On the CNN report last night, it was reported that the killer took pride in what he did to this family. I don't want to even speculate why that was reported. What we know is bad enough...

I missed the CNN show....is it online any place?

The CNN special revealed that additional DNA (besides the pizza) for DW was found.
We didn't hear of any unknown DNA being discovered. Does that mean DW did it alone,
or, are the LE's keeping quiet? Frustrated!

Agree. This is what we preach to kids all day long.......what you post follows you FOREVER. For all intents and purposes, he is a kid. Frankly, lots of youth today are arrogant. Having said that, there are grown adults who have lost their jobs over social media. JW's social medial pales in comparison to some of that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member