DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NG confirmed it...:

The Savopoulos' housekeeper, Nelitza Gutierrez, told FOX 5's Paul Wagner that this employee told her that he dropped off the cash on Thursday morning. Sources say he picked up the cash earlier that morning from the American Iron Works company owned by Savopoulos.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29129466/savopoulos-assistant

But, denies it here:

Gutierrez said that she knew nothing about the money that was dropped off May 14 and that she had never seen the assistant or anyone else drop off cash to the Savopoulos home in the 20 years she had worked there.

On May 15, the day after the killings, the personal assistant called the veteran American Iron Works employee’s cellphone “and was crying,” according to the police documents. The assistant “stated that he had dropped off a package” at the Savopoulos house on May 14, on his way to Chantilly, the documents say.

BBM
Do you have a link to the docs? TIA

A locked house would keep a housecleaning crew from arriving but a house cleaning crew wasn't expected. After all, Vera WAS the housekeeper and she was right there.

SS did have an opportunity in the call with his sister yet he did not give a hint that anything was wrong. I can think of only one reason DW would have allowed TWO calls to NG and that is if she is a co-conspirator.

JMO

I would assume a housekeeper of 20 years would have a key. VF's husband would not.

DW had no way of knowing in advance whether the security system was armed or not when he first approached the house. The police chief made a point of saying that there was no sign of forced entry....when, in reality, there was signs of forced entry at the far, back corner of the house. I think it was chosen because it was at the farthest point from the kitchen. Even if Vera heard it, she would be no match for Wint.

As information has trickled out, NG has altered her statements.

JMO

I'm not convinced the footprint is related to the crime. I'm assuming the print didn't show up until LE dusted for prints. But any damage to doors or windows that would have shown entry made would have been obvious with the naked eye. There's no way to know when the print was made. Could be one of PS' snow boots, for all we know. The print looks quite small to me.

Yes, I've often wondered why she never contacted the husband...he is the only one who acted when he couldn't contact his wife...I feel bad for him, knowning he was turned away and just waiting for a call from his wife.
I find NG truly annoying...blah blah blahing on the news. Big mouth and low brain power on that one. I feel bad that SS chose to call her, when there were probably others who would've picked up the phone and heard Philip screaming.
My guess is that AS was hurt/attacked by Wint, so couldn't get on the phone to anyone...and that the housekeeper was also in bad shape...I still feel SS's saying "Amy's sick and at the hospital" to the housekeeper's husband on Thursday, was his 'hope' while in reality Amy may already have been dead or badly hurt. He may have been hanging on by a thread mentally at that point.
That poor family.

What if NG was a safe call for DW to allow SS to make? Maybe DW knew VF wouldn't call/do anything. I thought early on that SS might have thought NG was involved and was trying to convey the message "This is more than you thought it would be. This is out of hand - they're hurting Philip". Asking for mercy. Interesting that he didn't call his son by his nickname.

What if NG was a safe call for DW to allow SS to make? Maybe DW knew VF wouldn't call/do anything. I thought early on that SS might have thought NG was involved and was trying to convey the message "This is more than you thought it would be. This is out of hand - they're hurting Philip". Asking for mercy. Interesting that he didn't call his son my his nickname.

I think you might be right. Or maybe this was a way of lacing a clue for LE.

What if NG was a safe call for DW to allow SS to make? Maybe DW knew VF wouldn't call/do anything. I thought early on that SS might have thought NG was involved and was trying to convey the message "This is more than you thought it would be. This is out of hand - they're hurting Philip". Asking for mercy. Interesting that he didn't call his son by his nickname.

About using the nickname, I think in a lot of homes it is the female head of household who manages the domestic staff, and so has a more personal relationship. My husband has always been cordial and as professional as a person could be with our helpers. I mean professional and cordial considering he's dealing with the kindly lady we trust with a key to our home, who washes his underpants, and dusts the closets where the skeletons are kept. It is an intensely personal relationship, yes, but not particularly friendly or informal.

That is not so far fetched. SS's mind must have been whirling. He might have had reason to suspect that DW and Co had inside info, based on what the peeps were saying to him. Although, if NG was giving info, wouldn't DW and Co just call her themselves if they wanted to relay info? Why appease SS's wish to call her or force him to call her?

They lived under the radar and are a private family. That isn't going to suddenly change.

I agree. That's why I am wondering why it is of note that the family didn't come forward in the media to support NG's claims as the OP pointed out. They have been quiet about everything. Why would they go public just to say "we just want to say that NG's claim that the alarm was always off is true." (Etc.) Unless I missed something and they have indeed been talking to the media about other things as well.

A locked house would keep a housecleaning crew from arriving but a house cleaning crew wasn't expected. After all, Vera WAS the housekeeper and she was right there.

SS did have an opportunity in the call with his sister yet he did not give a hint that anything was wrong. I can think of only one reason DW would have allowed TWO calls to NG and that is if she is a co-conspirator.

JMO

You COMPLETELY missed my point. You can reread my post if you want to try and understand if. Anyway, NG would have a key. And, if she was a co-conspirator, why wouldn't DW + Co just call her themselves from SS's phone if they wanted to tell her something. Also, SS TOLD them she was supposed to come the next AM so that he could have an excuse to call her. Even if another housekeeper was there. He CONVINCED DW that it would be safer for DW if he could call NG and tell her not to come. He would have hoped she would think "this call doesn't make sense. I'm not even supposed to come tomorrow. Something is fishy here. Something is wrong with both Amy and Philip. I'm calling the police." Get it?

Did NG have key to S home? IDK.
Wondering whether S home might have electronic/digital-only access (terminology?), integrated w alarm system.

Can a W/S wizard post pix from Google St View or other sources, showing digital keypads (term?) on or next to doors?
All doors? Some doors? Or lack of keypads?

Earlier on, some ppl commented about home alarm systems allowing/forcing diff household residents, housekeepers, nannies, tradespeople, et al to key in personalized codes for access - to ID them & timing of entries & exits.
Totally ignorant about this, but cd it operate along same lines as employer-based access systems, w codes or badges.
IDNrecall any definitive conclusions reached about whether S' home alarm system offered this feature. Or it is so basic that virtually any alarm system in use these days has it?

/s/ Lost in 19th Century Technology (LOL)

I'm not convinced the footprint is related to the crime. I'm assuming the print didn't show up until LE dusted for prints. But any damage to doors or windows that would have shown entry made would have been obvious with the naked eye. There's no way to know when the print was made. Could be one of PS' snow boots, for all we know. The print looks quite small to me.

From the search warrant dated June 5th:

Page Two

5. The scene of the investigation is a three story, brick residential home with a basement. On the side of the residence is a set of French style exterior doors. The doors have a single broken window pane located next to a door latch and alarm sensor. The door is broken near the lock and a shoe or boot print is visible on the exterior, suggesting forced entry. The visible shoe or boot print is not consistent with the current issued DCFEMS firefighting boots. Preliminary interviews of firefighters reveal that firefighters did not enter this door. A "not to scale image of the shoe or boot tread print is shown in Attachment B. It is requested to search for and seize any shoe or boot with similar tread pattern.

http://wtop.com/dc/2015/06/court-docs-show-forced-entry-stolen-phones-in-quadruple-d-c-homicide/

Perhaps Wint kicked the door to test the alarm system. It didn't go off when he kicked the door, so he broke the window pane next to the door latch.

No, wait! Nellie focused on Vera in the 20/20 interview.... tsk, tsk, tsk! My Bad!

Gutierrez told ABC News’ “20/20” in an interview that she believes the suspects broke in the day before the fire, based on bizarre messages she received from Savvas and Amy Savopoulos.

“When I got that message on Thursday, I was thinking, and I started calling them,” Gutierrez said. “I focused on Vera, I don’t know why… I call her and I say, ‘Hi, Vera, What’s going on?’ No answer.”

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dc-mansion...233&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I'm a little confused. Why would NG call Vera on Thursday after SS phoned her and told her Vera was spending then night because AS was sick and needed her t stay with her. SS iirc correctly also asked NG to call Vera's husband because her phone was dead and she didn't have her phone charger with her. Why call Vera when she knows Vera 's phone is dead and there is no way to recharge it. She wouldn't be able to communicate with Vera through a text or call. When a phone is dead it's dead unless recharged. If I am missing something I hope someone will explain it to me.

The only statements I have seen from the family:

1. Following the capture of Wint, the surviving members of the family issued a statement:

“We are thankful to law enforcement who have worked so diligently to bring about an arrest in this case. While it does not abate our pain, we hope that it begins to restore a sense of calm and security to our neighborhood and to our city. We are blessed to live in a community comprised of close circles of friends who have supported us and grieve with us.

We are grateful, as well, to the men and women of the fire department for their professionalism and caring.

Our family, and Vera’s family, have suffered unimaginable loss, and we ask for the time and space to grieve privately.”

http://en.protothema.gr/mansion-murders-savopoulos-family-history-rooted-in-asia-minor-photos/

Working backwards here.

I agree. In terms of her positioning herself as an insider.

I never really suspected NG before....but she could be the insider to a host of burglaries! I'm sure she has many high profile homes that her company services. hmmm?

I'm a little confused. Why would NG call Vera on Thursday after SS phoned her and told her Vera was spending then night because AS was sick and needed her t stay with her. SS iirc correctly also asked NG to call Vera's husband because her phone was dead and she didn't have her phone charger with her. Why call Vera when she knows Vera 's phone is dead and there is no way to recharge it. She wouldn't be able to communicate with Vera through a text or call. When a phone is dead it's dead unless recharged. If I am missing something I hope someone will explain it to me.

What's up Buttercup? Love that name BTW!

[video]https://youtu.be/iol0B-clFFM[/video]

Going on the theory that Nellie was just listening the voicemails and reading her texts, and suddenly bells and whistles began to go off in her head. Something was up. These were strange messages. :fireworks: Vera never spent the night - EVER.

Divine intervention? Lucky? Not her time? What if Vera had chosen to work with Nellie at the dojo? Did Vera have a landline? Did Vera have a key?

I believe Nellie believed by the time she called Vera she thought Vera would be home and have her phone on charge.

That is not so far fetched. SS's mind must have been whirling. He might have had reason to suspect that DW and Co had inside info, based on what the peeps were saying to him. Although, if NG was giving info, wouldn't DW and Co just call her themselves if they wanted to relay info? Why appease SS's wish to call her or force him to call her?

If she was at the home the call would be great cover. Or if DW was afraid SS would scream for help, this would be a safe test to see if he could be trusted to call the bank manager in the morning.

I never really suspected NG before....but she could be the insider to a host of burglaries! I'm sure she has many high profile homes that her company services. hmmm?

It might now be, "she HAD many high profile homes." :hanging:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member