DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know he didn't leave other evidence behind....in fact it's been reported that they found other DNA for DW in other areas of the house. We also don't know who saw what.....coming, going or otherwise because there's been only a minuscule amount of information released. The DVR and recordings from security were taken so there's that. I'm can make a mean ceviche and I'm pretty good at mosaic art. [emoji14] it didn't take a rocket scientist or some great skill they've mastered to pull this off. It took one knife by one coward to one kids throat. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
bbm

bbm ^ plus a few bits of dumb luck to pull it off without falling apart in mid-crime, imo.

To successfully extort & leave w $40,000 (+/-) and never be under suspicion, arrested, tried, or convicted, and esp to have committed the homicides if they were planned, well, that wd/h/required more effort & greater sense of delayed gratification than I believe DW was capable of or interested in.
JM2cts, could be all wrong.

No, wait! Nellie focused on Vera in the 20/20 interview.... tsk, tsk, tsk! My Bad!

Gutierrez told ABC News’ “20/20” in an interview that she believes the suspects broke in the day before the fire, based on bizarre messages she received from Savvas and Amy Savopoulos.

“When I got that message on Thursday, I was thinking, and I started calling them,” Gutierrez said. “I focused on Vera, I don’t know why… I call her and I say, ‘Hi, Vera, What’s going on?’ No answer.”

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dc-mansion...233&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

nobody's doing this crime for $10,000. that's just ridiculous. we haven't heard what's
believed to be missing from the home, DW or DW & Co left with (much more) then $40,000 JMO

A locked house would keep a housecleaning crew from arriving but a house cleaning crew wasn't expected. After all, Vera WAS the housekeeper and she was right there.

SS did have an opportunity in the call with his sister yet he did not give a hint that anything was wrong. I can think of only one reason DW would have allowed TWO calls to NG and that is if she is a co-conspirator.

JMO

She might not have done what SS asked and called Vera's husband, but she sure was efficient in setting up that fundraising website! I'm very suspicious of her!

True. That's what DW did from AS's phone in the AM. Can you think of any reason why he would have tried to make DW believe that he needed to get on the phone with NG? Or how he might have done that?

I'm not sure if we are talking possibilities here, or if I am inadvertently in the position of having to disprove the theory that NG was an inside informant. In that case, I'll stop my involvement in the convo, because I don't know enough or feel strongly enough to argue one way or the other. So, I, myself, IMO, would veer on the safe side of not speculating her involvement.

LE have said from the beginning of this case that they believe more than one person is involved. There is simply no way Wint could have known the family's schedule and had information about their security system without being told about it by an insider.

It is NG's numerous contradictory statements made to the media that have brought attention to herself. NG has positioned herself as very much an insider.

JMO

She might not have done what SS asked and called Vera's husband, but she sure was efficient in setting up that fundraising website! I'm very suspicious of her!

So am I. She was a little too quick, imo. She claimed the fund-raising was for Vera's burial back in South America so my guess is the cops are following it very closely.

JMO

LE have said from the beginning of this case that they believe more than one person is involved. There is simply no way Wint could have known the family's schedule and had information about their security system without being told about it by an insider.

It is NG's numerous contradictory statements made to the media that have brought attention to herself. NG has positioned herself as very much an insider.

JMO

I agree. In terms of her positioning herself as an insider.

bbm

bbm ^ plus a few bits of dumb luck to pull it off without falling apart in mid-crime, imo.

To successfully extort & leave w $40,000 (+/-) and never be under suspicion, arrested, tried, or convicted, and esp to have committed the homicides if they were planned, well, that wd/h/required more effort & greater sense of delayed gratification than I believe DW was capable of or interested in.
JM2cts, could be all wrong.

I agree. Also, this is totally just out of interest and curiosity, is the form you type in "short-hand?" Or your own thing? I like trying to figure it out what you are saying and it seems there is a method to the madness. I love language and am just curious!

Regarding the security system: I don't doubt that DW forced the information from his victims. No prior knowledge was necessary, especially if it wasn't armed to begin with as mentioned by the HK. As much as that information can be trusted since conflicting reports were provided.

I'm not saying he wasn't a criminal before this latest arrest but I personally don't view him as "hardened criminal". He hadn't spent a decade in jail, murdered anyone at that point etc

It's a "mind set" and a way of life for criminals. You don't have to be incarcerated for years to have the mind set of a criminal. It's a slow, insidious process. Some psychopaths are just made that way. We don't even know his criminal history in his own country. He "is" a hardened criminal by all definitions. When you victimize others, assault others, stab others, sell dope to whomever, threaten your girlfriend, you ARE. a hardened criminal. Call a spade for Gods sake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Regarding the security system: I don't doubt that DW forced the information from his victims. No prior knowledge was necessary, especially if it wasn't armed to begin with as mentioned by the HK. As much as that information can be trusted since conflicting reports were provided.

DW had no way of knowing in advance whether the security system was armed or not when he first approached the house. The police chief made a point of saying that there was no sign of forced entry....when, in reality, there was signs of forced entry at the far, back corner of the house. I think it was chosen because it was at the farthest point from the kitchen. Even if Vera heard it, she would be no match for Wint.

As information has trickled out, NG has altered her statements.

JMO

I agree. Also, this is totally just out of interest and curiosity, is the form you type in "short-hand?" Or your own thing? I like trying to figure it out what you are saying and it seems there is a method to the madness. I love language and am just curious!

Thx for your response.
Form of my abbrev's? Some from previous employment & emailing drafts w'in dept, like in pre-text era (when dinosaurs roamed the earth); some just me.
Why my abbrev's? when it comes to a keyboard, I'm world's slowest & most inaccurate, so hopefully fewer mistakes.
If posts are so obscure, I'll try to spell out more. Thx again.

And NG did NOT contact Vera's husband which is why he came to the house.

JMO
Yes, I've often wondered why she never contacted the husband...he is the only one who acted when he couldn't contact his wife...I feel bad for him, knowning he was turned away and just waiting for a call from his wife.
I find NG truly annoying...blah blah blahing on the news. Big mouth and low brain power on that one. I feel bad that SS chose to call her, when there were probably others who would've picked up the phone and heard Philip screaming.
My guess is that AS was hurt/attacked by Wint, so couldn't get on the phone to anyone...and that the housekeeper was also in bad shape...I still feel SS's saying "Amy's sick and at the hospital" to the housekeeper's husband on Thursday, was his 'hope' while in reality Amy may already have been dead or badly hurt. He may have been hanging on by a thread mentally at that point.
That poor family.

Thx for your response.
Form of my abbrev's? Some from previous employment & emailing drafts w'in dept, like in pre-text era (when dinosaurs roamed the earth); some just me.
Why my abbrev's? when it comes to a keyboard, I'm world's slowest & most inaccurate, so hopefully fewer mistakes.
If posts are so obscure, I'll try to spell out more. Thx again.

LOL, I got your shorthand, yay! It makes me smile reading your posts. I used to waitress and we had to use similar *back in the days when we handwrote orders and receipts* I got so used to doing it, it carried over into my business life and I'd forget that not everyone knew what some abbreviations were. Butbutbut, they're so useful when we're typing!

::blowkiss:

Yes, I've often wondered why she never contacted the husband...he is the only one who acted when he couldn't contact his wife...I feel bad for him, knowning he was turned away and just waiting for a call from his wife.
I find NG truly annoying...blah blah blahing on the news. Big mouth and low brain power on that one. I feel bad that SS chose to call her, when there were probably others who would've picked up the phone and heard Philip screaming.
My guess is that AS was hurt/attacked by Wint, so couldn't get on the phone to anyone...and that the housekeeper was also in bad shape...I still feel SS's saying "Amy's sick and at the hospital" to the housekeeper's husband on Thursday, was his 'hope' while in reality Amy may already have been dead or badly hurt. He may have been hanging on by a thread mentally at that point.
That poor family.

I agree. NG's attempts to portray herself as a possible "victim" are offensive and disrespectful to the family. I've noticed not a single comment has been made by any member of the S family, friends, associates that backs up anything that NG has claimed whether it be about the dogs, security system, ransom or anything at all. Nuthin.

JMO

I agree. NG's attempts to portray herself as a possible "victim" are offensive and disrespectful to the family. I've noticed not a single comment has been made by any member of the S family, friends, associates that backs up anything that NG has claimed whether it be about the dogs, security system, ransom or anything at all. Nuthin.

JMO

Again, no contrary opinion here. But I AM wondering, has the family said anything at all in regard to the crimes or anything that backs up or contradicts ANYONE'S statements?

I am emotionally struck by the stoic silence of the family. But maybe being on the West Coast I have missed their take on the facts being bandied about in the media. If you can, I would love to see links I have missed where they haven given information or a point of view on anything. Thx!!

LOL, I got your shorthand, yay! It makes me smile reading your posts. I used to waitress and we had to use similar *back in the days when we handwrote orders and receipts* I got so used to doing it, it carried over into my business life and I'd forget that not everyone knew what some abbreviations were. Butbutbut, they're so useful when we're typing!

::blowkiss:

No judgment! Just interest! I have been a waitress (was for awhile, actually) and a secretary/note taker--though I never learned "short-hand". Typing on a phone is rough. I was interested in your form of writing because it is so consistent, which makes it seem like a language you are fluent in! I was curious if it was from something specific! For all I know, you are 70 years old and using short-hand, or you are 16, and I need to get onboard with the way the kids are speaking!!! :)

I will add: a love a riddle. Your posts make me smile, too. It's better to be obtuse than uninteresting!

No judgment! Just interest! I have been a waitress (was for awhile, actually) and a secretary/note taker--though I never learned "short-hand". Typing on a phone is rough. I was interested in your form of writing because it is so consistent, which makes it seem like a language you are fluent in! I was curious if it was from something specific! For all I know, you are 70 years old and using short-hand, or you are 16, and I need to get onboard with the way the kids are speaking!!! :)
I'll add: I love a riddle. Your posts make me smile, too. It's better to be obtuse than uninteresting!
bbm

re bbm: Shy of the 70 yr mark and waaaaaaay past 16 yr mark (TG for that & also TG for Urban Dict).

A wonderful feature of W/Sleuths: random demographics of posters are pretty much meaningless and ignored, but we get the benefit of many posters w varied background, experience, info, and opn's.

I'm not confident about it, I just lean that way :) I could be totally wrong! I think it just bugs me to think that more than one evil nasty person would go along with this. I look forward to phone dumps of DW and partner/s. I do believe at least one person knew about the burglary beforehand, but I honestly don't think the rest of it was planned. Again, I could be totally wrong. I forget that our non-criminal brains don't automatically go to those places. I keep thinking like ME, and thinking with self-preservation of not wanting to get caught, I'd go daytime robbery less chance of encountering anyone. I forgot that he said he wasn't afraid of police and if not afraid of LE, he'd certainly not be afraid of women and children. Assuming the man of the house would be busy at one of his many businesses. I keep going for the most simple idea.

Honestly, I can't imagine that there's not some video somewhere that shows someone else involved! It's possible that he had *someone* with him and even if he was alone with booty, he'd still need a ride from there. I don't think he had in mind to steal art or cars, I think cash, maybe jewelry if found, but definitely cash. Easy to carry, if he was searched for any reason, he'd have to explain jewelry?

More unanswered questions for me, not all may mean anything, but I am curious.

Why take a bus to Brooklyn?
Why risk paying $1,000 to an Uber driver? Even if he wasn't identified immediately via DNA like he was, that driver had an interesting story to tell unless he was involved in some way, too. I don't know why that would be, but *new thought as I'm typing" that driver would have been identified by LE by now I think. If he still had any of the cash, he may have had to give it to LE?
He could tell where he picked up DW, where he dropped him off, how the arrangements were made, payment up front, half up front? Was he at all leery of DW - was he acting funny or cool as a cucumber?
Wasn't he suspicious that someone would pay him that much cash?
Was he worried that DW would bail without paying him the minute they stopped anywhere?
I haven't seen anything in the media regarding Uber making any statement - does anyone here recall any info about this?

LE is impressively (and frustratingly) tight-lipped with this. Understandable.

I do hope a GOOD INFORMATIVE book will be written when this is over.

I'm sure it was UberX not Uber. It would be more like Lyft and airBnB-- just a random not a professional.

Again, no contrary opinion here. But I AM wondering, has the family said anything at all in regard to the crimes or anything that backs up or contradicts ANYONE'S statements?

I am emotionally struck by the stoic silence of the family. But maybe being on the West Coast I have missed their take on the facts being bandied about in the media. If you can, I would love to see links I have missed where they haven given information or a point of view on anything. Thx!!

They lived under the radar and are a private family. That isn't going to suddenly change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz