DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the dojo opening was Thursday rather than Friday. So possibly SS did plan to bring $40k in prize money for winners of various competition to VA on Thursday.

Does this new info suggest Vera and NG worked at the dojo Monday and Tuesday?

Does the fact that Amy uses first name "Bill" suggest NG knew him?

She says "Savvas built a martial arts studio in Chantilly, Virginia and of course Bill is doing the construction, so we are like down to the wire."

The fact that she say "so of course" makes it seem as if this Bill has a reputation for being late with his work. Might he have done work on the S house? Might NG know him from that?

Must be a mistake. The dojo opening was Friday. NG was supposed to work there on Friday, too.

Must be a mistake. The dojo opening was Friday. NG was supposed to work there on Friday, too.

According to the NBC news report that Bootsctr transcribed, Amy asked NG to work either Monday/Tuesday or Tuesday/Wednesday and the dojo opening was Thursday.

Here is her transcription again:

I transcribed the video for anyone who might not be able to watch it via the link. If I made any mistakes, please tell me.

Reporter Meagan Fitzgerald: "Much of the focus over the last several weeks has been here at the Savopoulos' mansion on Woodland Drive, but a source close to the family says in the days leading up to their death the family's focus was in Chantilly, Virginia on a karate studio which Savvas Savopoulos was getting ready to open.

Time was running out during the week of May 11th. We know now that in more than one way Savvas Savopoulos was rushing to get this karate studio ready for the grand opening on May 14th. The urgency apparent in his wife, Amy's voice message to their longtime housekeeper, Nellie Gutierrez, which we are now hearing for the very first time:

Voicemail from Amy to Nellie: "Hey Nelly. It's Amy. I am calling to see if I could get your, you and your crew I think is the best bet, maybe two days, Monday/Tuesday or Tuesday/Wednesday, if you could. Savvas built a martial arts studio in Chantilly, Virginia and of course Bill is doing the construction, so we are like down to the wire."

Reporter MF: So Nelly agreed to help clean the new karate studio because it appeared to be important to Amy. She also suggested that their other housekeeper work at the studio with Nellie.

Amy's voicemail again: "And if you need to take Vera you can take Vera too, so just let me know... So next week is sort of a crazy week anyway."

Reporter: The crazy turn of events started on Wednesday when Vera didn't want to stay late to clean the studio, so she decided to work at the Savopoulos' house instead. It was a decision that would end up costing her, her life.

A source close to the family says Savvas was at the studio when he received a call wife from his wife luring him back home. Investigators believe Amy, their son, Philip, and housekeeper, Vera Figueroa, were already held hostage inside. Savvas arrives home and hours later at 9:35 Wednesday night investigators believe the suspect, Daron Wint, forced him to make a call:

Savvas' voicemail to Nellie: "Hey Nelly! It's Savvas. Amy is in bed sick tonight and she was sick this afternoon and Vera offered to stay and help her out because you know we're going through some stuff with Philip so she is going stay the night here. Okay. Thank you (pause). Oh, and would you send me a text when you get the message just so I can make sure. Thanks Nelly. Goodnight."

Reporter: Goodnight. Those words the last Nelly would ever hear again from Savvas, a man she had known for more than two decades, and on Thursday, just before 10:00, a final text message sent from Amy's phone saying:

text: I am making sure you do not come today. (If you would come from or Monday that would be great.)

Reporter: The same day the karate studio is set to open, hours before the mansion goes up in flames and the horrifying discovery of four victims murdered inside. The timing of it all still puzzling for those close to the family adding to the mystery of why their lives were taken. ~~ Meagan Fitzgerald

New Recording Released in Mansion Murders

A grand jury has been convened in the mansion murders case after the deaths of Amy, Philip and Savvas Savopoulos and their housekeeper Veralicia Figueroa. More charges could be coming. We're also hearing a new audio recording from the family for the first time. Meagan Fitzgerald has the story, only on News4.

By Meagan Fitzgerald

Jun 26, 2015

http://www.nbcwashington.com/video/#...ders/310181741

Last edited by Bootsctr; Today at 02:35 PM. Reason: not able to watch

BBM

Do you have a link? TIA
Do we know if NG ever texted him to say she received SS' VM? Even if it was the next morning?
BTW, my opinion, and opinion only, is that NG, not LE, released the VM. Attention to her was flagging - time to dole out a little more candy to MSM.

We know she texted Amy back in the AM. It hasn't been said whether she texted SS. But she might have thought that a text to Amy would be enough. I am guessing that, unless involved, she wouldn't have suspected SS to be at home during the day, and especially on the day before the opening.

But who was the source that dojo was opening Friday? JW? NG? I forget where we got that from.

That's what I think!

I am curious about this theory, but I don't think I have figured out how the call would give her an alibi. Would it prove to LE that she wasn't there at the house at the time and to prove to both LE and SS that she was unaware. (Although if LE knew it was a forced communication in a hostage situation, maybe they don't take what SS is saying as fact, but instead instructed by DW? I'm interested.

But when your client of 20 years asks to you call the husband of one of your contractors, or to text them back, i'd think you would want to do that. I makes me suspicious of NG in the same way i'm suspicious of JW lying to the police and photographing two stacks of money in his own red bag. Very unprofessional.

But who was the source that dojo was opening Friday? JW? NG? I forget where we got that from.

I think it has been in articles that people were flying in Fri AM, and also in the docs? (In the docs that the dojo was scheduled to open Fri, in regard to why JW stated he was going to Chantilly Thurs to help prepare for the next day.)

Unless this was a revenge crime, I don't think a bloody home invasion was ever the plan. I think it was supposed to be a daytime burglary, with no one home. Unlike most Thursdays, NG was scheduled to be at the dojo. VF was supposed to leave by 3 pm. PS was supposed to be at school and I assume AS would have been attending field day at St. Alban's, a once-a-year event, so that she and PS wouldn't have been home until later than usual school dismissal time.

What's interesting, and I think there is validity to your account, is that that would require the perps to have general knowledge of the family's and family employees' regular comings and goings (even though it would appear that they didn't know about the specifics of real-time logistical changes--PS staying home, the chg in the housekeepers' schedules, etc. But, heck, I sometimes don't know everything that's going on in my family in real-time!) just an observation. IMO, etc.
Do you think there was some level of revenge in this crime. Or merely an ill-planned robbery of a targeted family gone awry? (I was guessing that it was combo.)

I think the source of the Thursday opening is NG. If she believed that to be true, she may also have thought that $40,000 was already in the S home safe on Wednesday night.

JMO

According to the NBC news report that Bootsctr transcribed, Amy asked NG to work either Monday/Tuesday or Tuesday/Wednesday and the dojo opening was Thursday.

Here is her transcription again:

I transcribed the video for anyone who might not be able to watch it via the link. If I made any mistakes, please tell me.

Reporter Meagan Fitzgerald: "Much of the focus over the last several weeks has been here at the Savopoulos' mansion on Woodland Drive, but a source close to the family says in the days leading up to their death the family's focus was in Chantilly, Virginia on a karate studio which Savvas Savopoulos was getting ready to open.

Time was running out during the week of May 11th. We know now in more than one way Savvas Savopoulos was rushing to get this karate studio ready for the grand opening on May 14th. The urgency apparent in his wife, Amy's voice message to their longtime housekeeper, Nellie Gutierrez, which we are now hearing for the very first time:

Voicemail from Amy to Nellie: "Hey Nelly. It's Amy. I am calling to see if I could get your, you and your crew I think is the best bet, maybe two days, Monday/Tuesday or Tuesday/Wednesday, because Savvas built a martial arts studio in Chantilly, Virginia and of course Bill is doing the construction, so we are like down to the wire."

Reporter MF: So Nelly agreed to help clean the new karate studio because it appeared to be important to Amy. She also suggested that their other housekeeper work at the studio with Nellie.

Amy's voicemail again: "And if you need to take Vera you can take Vera too, so just let me know... So next week is sort of a crazy week anyway."

Reporter: The crazy turn of events started on Wednesday. Vera didn't want to stay late to clean the studio, so she decided to work at the Savopoulos' house instead. It was a decision that would end up costing her, her life.

A source close to the family says Savvas was at the studio when he received a call wife from his wife luring him back home. Investigators believe Amy, their son, Philip, and housekeeper, Vera Figueroa, were already held hostage inside. Savvas arrives home and hours later at 9:35 Wednesday night investigators believe the suspect, Daron Wint, forced him to make a call:

Savvas' voicemail to Nellie: "Hey Nelly! It's Savvas. Amy is in bed sick tonight and she was sick this afternoon and Vera offered to stay and help her out because you know we're going through some stuff with Philip so she is going stay the night here. Okay. Thank you (pause). Oh, and would you send me a text when you get the message just so I can make sure. Thanks Nelly. Goodnight."

Reporter: Goodnight. Those words the last Nelly would ever hear again from Savvas, a man she had known for more than two decades, and on Thursday morning , just before 10:00, a final text message sent from Amy's phone saying:

text: I am making sure you do not come today. (If you would come from or Monday that would be great.)

Reporter: The same day the karate studio is set to open, hours before the mansion goes up in flames and the horrifying discovery of four victims murdered inside. The timing of it all still puzzling for those close to the family adding to the mystery of why their lives were taken. ~~ Meagan Fitzgerald

New Recording Released in Mansion Murders

A grand jury has been convened in the mansion murders case after the deaths of Amy, Philip and Savvas Savopoulos and their housekeeper Veralicia Figueroa. More charges could be coming. We're also hearing a new audio recording from the family for the first time. Meagan Fitzgerald has the story, only on News4.

By Meagan Fitzgerald

Jun 26, 2015

http://www.nbcwashington.com/video/#...ders/310181741

Last edited by Bootsctr; Today at 02:35 PM. Reason: not able to watch

I listened again. Reporter clearly says 14th. Maybe she got it wrong? So were there are a bunch of people standing around waiting for Savvas to come to the karate studio for the Grand Opening on Thursday? If it was only for employees, why weren't JW and NG there? Or maybe I misunderstood, it was for the AIW employees. This is really weird and I am confused.

But when your client of 20 years asks to you call the husband of one of your contractors, or to text them back, i'd think you would want to do that. I makes me suspicious of NG in the same way i'm suspicious of JW lying to the police and photographing two stacks of money in his own red bag. Very unprofessional.

It raises huge red flags for me as well. I think indictments will come after next week's court hearing for Wint.

In her zeal to get media attention, I have to wonder if NG is even aware the "text me back" is on that message.

JMO

I would like to know more about Bill the contractor who "of course" let things get down to the wire.

I think it has been in articles that people were flying in Fri AM, and also in the docs? (In the docs that the dojo was scheduled to open Fri, in regard to why JW stated he was going to Chantilly Thurs to help prepare for the next day.)

I can't find it in the search warrants. Help.

I listened again. Reporter clearly says 14th. Maybe she got it wrong? So were there are a bunch of people standing around waiting for Savvas to come to the karate studio for the Grand Opening on Thursday? If it was only for employees, why weren't JW and NG there? Or maybe I misunderstood, it was for the AIW employees. This is really weird and I am confused.

The reporter also says investigators believe Wint FORCED SS to make the call to NG.

It's NG spin and directing more attention her way.

JMO

The source on the Friday opening is apparently JW, according to this news article that mentions the "employee."

The Savopoulos' housekeeper, Nelitza Gutierrez, told FOX 5's Paul Wagner that this employee told her that he dropped off the cash on Thursday morning. Sources say he picked up the cash earlier that morning from the American Iron Works company owned by Savopoulos.

According to a police source and Gutierrez, the employee says Savopoulos was going to use the cash at an auction for the martial arts center he planned to open the next day in Chantilly, Virginia.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29129466/savopoulos-assistant

Well... This is not good. What a cluster :cursing: #%@#@#(#! enterobang!

I just did a quick google search and picked the first link. This says that the dojo was supposed to open on the weekend http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/a-little-piece-of-our-hearts-are-gone/2015/05/30/705e5e24-0545-11e5-bc72-f3e16bf50bb6_story.html

Also, I just read something from someone in the martial arts community who said students and teachers of kenjutsu made the pilgrimage on Fri to celebrate the opening of SS's studio, only to find that the SS had been slain the day before. I don't feel like going through the hoops of getting the link approved.

I don't think DW necessarily had "inside information" on the schedules of the household. I wonder that SS told DW that NG was going to be coming in Thursday morning either hoping that DW would leave as soon as possible knowing people were expected at the house, or that it was one more chance to make contact with someone outside. :/

In regard to comments remarking on SS calm demeanor, that would be part of training of martial arts - I don't know much about MA, except that I understood the philosophy to be to remain calm, try and defuse potentially violent encounters and use your physical training only as a last resort.

I know young men think (before getting into it) that it's all about the neato fighting styles, but there's so much more to it. Unfortunately, there can be no reasoning with someone like DW because people like that are base, animalistic creatures; they have no fear of hurting others and he had stated before that he didn't fear LE. Maybe he said he wasn't afraid of LE because he thought he was smarter than police or not afraid of going to prison. I don't know. Psychopath.

To me, the fact that DW chose to carry knives rather than guns is an excellent indicator of just how much he enjoyed physically dominating and hurting people. The intimate, personal aspect of stabbing someone rather than shooting from a distance. Psychopath.

Just thinking.

Also, do we know that NG didn't contact VF's husband? That's not a challenge, I honestly don't know.
I also wonder that LE doesn't worry about anyone involved in this, however peripherally, releasing voicemails and text messages.

I can't find it in the warrants either. I attached a link above to a Wa Post article saying the dojo was to open on the weekend. I guess weekend could include an event on fri night. Or even an event Thurs.

I don't think DW necessarily had "inside information" on the schedules of the household. I wonder that SS told DW that NG was going to be coming in Thursday morning either hoping that DW would leave as soon as possible knowing people were expected at the house, or that it was one more chance to make contact with someone outside. :/

In regard to comments remarking on SS calm demeanor, that would be part of training of martial arts - I don't know much about MA, except that I understood the philosophy to be to remain calm, try and defuse potentially violent encounters and use your physical training only as a last resort.

I know young men think (before getting into it) that it's all about the neato fighting styles, but there's so much more to it. Unfortunately, there can be no reasoning with someone like DW because people like that are base, animalistic creatures; they have no fear of hurting others and he had stated before that he didn't fear LE. Maybe he said he wasn't afraid of LE because he thought he was smarter than police or not afraid of going to prison. I don't know. Psychopath.

To me, the fact that DW chose to carry knives rather than guns is an excellent indicator of just how much he enjoyed physically dominating and hurting people. The intimate, personal aspect of stabbing someone rather than shooting from a distance. Psychopath.

Just thinking.

I sadly agree. The worst of the worst person to try to be reasoning with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz