DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, assuming it's like any other residential alarm, you have one main "panel".....not many. But I don't live in a 10,000 sq ft house. You could have "panic buttons" that you could carry in your pocket and I have those at my store but if someone broke in my house and I'm upstairs......no way to get to the panel. This is my panel by the front door downstairs. .
218f694850109a7991d07748c4b79e00.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I believe it has been mentioned that SS had a very sophisticated alarm system benefiting a multimillion dollar home. Thanks for following taking the time to snap a photo tho

That article confirms how incompetent Hanover is. Relying on law from another state, either not reading or not understanding a critical email from the prosecutor, blabbing in open court about maybe pleading his client out, defensively trying to convince the reporter he's competent.

He's a simple young guy, the bag to him was like a woman's purse. He carried personal things that were important to him and it was only natural to him to hang on to his bag. The idea of leaving his bag and recovering it later may have never entered his thought process.

He may have left DW's cut in an Arby's bag for all we know. I can't really believe any part of JW's story since he lied.

Mine is the same! So, if this red lined bag was JW's man purse, holding Manila envelopes, (guessing... a water bottle, keys, gadgets, etc.) he cleared out all that to carry money instead of bringing his bank bag? (I think there is also an overriding assumption that he brought a bank bag with him in prep to carry the money.) Maybe he was that uber-professional and buttoned up, but that doesn't necessarily align with some of his other behaviors, texting pics of the money to peers, lying to LE, etc.

The sad thing about this article is that it says DW's family saught him out as an immigration lawyer because DW may be subject to deportation. They don't seem to understand that DW's likely fate is a life term without parole or death. Hanover sees his chance to make the big time. Instead of referring them to a criminal lawyer he is giving them pro bono representation in an area of law in which he has no experience.
no mention of this being a pro bono case for mr Hanover.
Wonder where he did his undergrad? Flicker went to west point.
The article used up a ridiculous amount of space explaining how and why Hanover was hired.

He did have one other murder case as well as child molestation.

Mine is the same! So, if this red lined bag was JW's man purse, holding Manila envelopes, (guessing) a water bottle, keys, gadgets, etc.) he cleared out all that to carry money instead of bringing his bank bag? (I think there is also an overriding assumption that he brought a bank bag with him in prep to carry the money.) Maybe he was that uber-professional and buttoned up, but that doesn't necessarily align with some of his other behaviors, texting pics of the money to peers, lying to LE, etc.

That backpack was his get out of town bag including passport, checkbook and Mosler registration. If it had a ton of notebooks, highlighters, sewing kit, folders, files, and other office supplies wouldn't that have shown up in the return from the SW.

That article confirms how incompetentHanover is. Relying on law from another state, either not reading or not understanding a critical email from the prosecutor, blabbing in open court about maybe pleading his client out, defensively trying to convince the reporter he's competent.
he reminds me somewhat of Irving kanerak who represented Charles Manson. kanerak was a hi priced lawyer and was denigrated by all but actually was a shrewd man. He never revealed who paid Charlie's bill either.

Hanover's other murder trial is upcoming in September 2015.

"Hanover took on his first murder case last August when 34-year-old Michael Gayle of Southeast Washington fired his public defenders and hired Hanover. Gayle was arrested last summer and accused of fatally stabbing his wife Eboni Domally. Prosecutors say the attack happened in front of Domally’s 9-year-old son.

The Gayle trial is scheduled to begin in September."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...c22c70-169c-11e5-9518-f9e0a8959f32_story.html

I don't think LE had already spoken to the accountant. I think it's the photo JW sent that caused the backpedaling. JW was the first witness.
Agree 100%. IMO LE didn't know anything about money transactions until they interviewed JW. They would have immediately confirmed the details with AIW during the interview and the confusing story that JW told them. They were probably making phone calls in real time by then. JW was just bumble mouthing under pressure of the interview and pi..ing off the investigators.

BTW, it is safe to assume that LE has revisited and interviewed anyone involved in this case as they uncover every little bit of evidence. People on this site mention NG's press coverage. LE probably has visited her numerous times to learn more about the family than we can imagine. That's the way they roll.

The sad thing about this article is that it says DW's family saught him out as an immigration lawyer because DW may be subject to deportation. They don't seem to understand that DW's likely fate is a life term without parole or death. Hanover sees his chance to make the big time. Instead of referring them to a criminal lawyer he is giving them pro bono representation in an area of law in which he has no experience.

All the previous crimes committed by DW (including cutting one guy twice with a knife) resulted in a very little time.
So maybe that's why relatives might think DW will be out in a month or two in quadruple murder.

Rkf shared this right before #14 thread closed:
That's the photo I was looking for!

I was just looking over the SW for the BMW and saw a couple of interesting things.

#1 After the list of items they're going to look for, it says "evidence of violation of DC Code 22-2103" which is murder in the 2nd degree - a different charge than DW's.
http://dccode.org/simple/sections/22-2103.html

#2 The black Herschel backpack had the following in it: Mac external hard drive, Go Pro camera, passport, checkbook, Macbook Air laptop and the Mosler registration. Sounds like a "bail out" bag.

#3 They removed a section of the passenger seat and a section of the trunk lining on the passenger side near the bumper. What do you think they were looking for?

#4 They removed 2 SD cards from the camera kit in the trunk, but don't have the camera kit listed on the evidence log.

#5 They removed receipts from Arby's and Jimmy John's. That could be interesting because they should have date and time stamps and also give an indication if more than one person was eating.

ETA: #6 Probable cause to believe that on the BMW... there is now being concealed certain property, namely LARGE DENOMINATIONS OF US CURRENCY. Does that mean LE thought JW didn't drop off all or any of the $40,000?

https://www.scribd.com/doc/267776483...arrant-for-BMW

What do we think LE might be looking for in regards to #3? I was think JW could've hidden DW in trunk or floor of his BMW. He may have been able to pull his own car into garage and let DW out Wednesday morning. DW could've hidden amongst the clutter and kicked in the door or surprised someone coming into garage.

Mine is the same! So, if this red lined bag was JW's man purse, holding Manila envelopes, (guessing... a water bottle, keys, gadgets, etc.) he cleared out all that to carry money instead of bringing his bank bag? (I think there is also an overriding assumption that he brought a bank bag with him in prep to carry the money.) Maybe he was that uber-professional and buttoned up, but that doesn't necessarily align with some of his other behaviors, texting pics of the money to peers, lying to LE, etc.

No need to clear his stuff out of the bag. According to the SW the contents of the bag were limited. The AIW employee placed the money in his bag. I don't see an overriding assumption that he had a "bank bag." He was SS's personal assistant driver, not his accountant.

He's a simple young guy, the bag to him was like a woman's purse. He carried personal things that were important to him and it was only natural to him to hang on to his bag. The idea of leaving his bag and recovering it later may have never entered his thought process.

If his purse looked like my purse, he would never take a picture of its interior! Did he dump his laptop, hard drive, passport, checkbook, go pro camera and the Mosler registration out, put half the money in it, take a picture, then move all money to a Manila envelope to leave in the car and finally put all that stuff back in his bag, where LE found it when they executed the SW on his car?

Hanover's other murder trial is upcoming in September 2015.

"Hanover took on his first murder case last August when 34-year-old Michael Gayle of Southeast Washington fired his public defenders and hired Hanover. Gayle was arrested last summer and accused of fatally stabbing his wife Eboni Domally. Prosecutors say the attack happened in front of Domally’s 9-year-old son.

The Gayle trial is scheduled to begin in September."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...c22c70-169c-11e5-9518-f9e0a8959f32_story.html

Maybe Gayle referred DW?

If his purse looked like my purse, he would never take a picture of its interior! Did he dump his laptop, hard drive, passport, checkbook, go pro camera and the Mosler registration out, put half the money in it, take a picture, then move all money to a Manila envelope to leave in the car and finally put all that stuff back in his bag, where LE found it when they executed the SW on his car?

And again why didn't he put all of the money in the red lined bag? Let's say accountant does hand him the money and he feels like running into cvs or Safeway to get a manilla envelope? He could temporarily have it in an interior zip pocket in the backpack, shop, go back to the car and transfer it to manilla envelope at SS home. But he'd be putting all $40k in there - not half. And four stacks would make a better photo if you know JW's social media photo M.O.

Hanover took on his first murder case last August when 34-year-old Michael Gayle of Southeast Washington fired his public defenders and hired Hanover. Gayle was arrested last summer and accused of fatally stabbing his wife Eboni Domally. Prosecutors say the attack happened in front of Domally’s 9-year-old son.....During the hearing, Gayle, charged with second-degree murder, also rejected the plea deal......But the prosecutor then announced something that she said she alerted Hanover to in an e-mail in May: that Gayle’s DNA was found on the knife used in the attack as well as on a doorknob. Gayle and Hanover appeared stunned. Hanover then asked Leibovitz for more time to discuss the new DNA information with his client and to consider the plea deal.

After the hearing, Hanover referred to the DNA disclosure as a “hand grenade.” He said the prosecutor had not sent such an e-mail. “That is not what she told me,” he said.

SMH SMH SMH they should have stayed with the public defender :moo:. What a cluster and so sad that their family is thinking that this is worth their hard earned monies. Hellooooooooooooooo, he's not in imminent danger of being deported!!!! SMH SMH

In the words of Casey... "What a waste, what a huge waste"

I don't think LE had already spoken to the accountant. I think it's the photo JW sent that caused the backpedaling. JW was the first witness.

I think as soon as word reached AIW of the fire, the accountant called LE and told them all about the morning transaction. When JW showed up at the scene, they were ready for him. JMO

Agree 100%. IMO LE didn't know anything about money transactions until they interviewed JW. They would have immediately confirmed the details with AIW during the interview and the confusing story that JW told them. They were probably making phone calls in real time by then. JW was just bumble mouthing under pressure of the interview and pi..ing off the investigators.

BTW, it is safe to assume that LE has revisited and interviewed anyone involved in this case as they uncover every little bit of evidence. People on this site mention NG's press coverage. LE probably has visited her numerous times to learn more about the family than we can imagine. That's the way they roll.

Totally agree. LE has left no stone unturned. There is a reason why they have only released the minimal amount of info that they have.

But I do question whether someone as professional and buttoned up as to carry manilla envelopes and bank bags to prep for special deliveries would become so bumbling in one of the most important conversations a person can have. I don't think my 10-year-old son would be so bumbling. He would explain as it happened. Who wouldn't, unless they were mentally impaired? IMO, JW didn't think through that people might actually question his story. IMO, he thought he'd be seen as the hero for delivering the money.

But more than anything, since JW admitted that he lied to LE, why would anyone NOT believe him that he had lied and instead make the excuse FOR HIM that he was just bumbling? I am starting think if it is released that JW confessed to being involved on any level in this crime, that some people would think he just did it because he felt pressured by the media, or he was tired of hiding out, or set up like DW, or something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1