DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rkf shared this right before #14 thread closed:
That's the photo I was looking for!

I was just looking over the SW for the BMW and saw a couple of interesting things.

#1 After the list of items they're going to look for, it says "evidence of violation of DC Code 22-2103" which is murder in the 2nd degree - a different charge than DW's.
http://dccode.org/simple/sections/22-2103.html

#2 The black Herschel backpack had the following in it: Mac external hard drive, Go Pro camera, passport, checkbook, Macbook Air laptop and the Mosler registration. Sounds like a "bail out" bag.

#3 They removed a section of the passenger seat and a section of the trunk lining on the passenger side near the bumper. What do you think they were looking for?

#4 They removed 2 SD cards from the camera kit in the trunk, but don't have the camera kit listed on the evidence log.

#5 They removed receipts from Arby's and Jimmy John's. That could be interesting because they should have date and time stamps and also give an indication if more than one person was eating.

ETA: #6 Probable cause to believe that on the BMW... there is now being concealed certain property, namely LARGE DENOMINATIONS OF US CURRENCY. Does that mean LE thought JW didn't drop off all or any of the $40,000?

https://www.scribd.com/doc/267776483...arrant-for-BMW

What do we think LE might be looking for in regards to #3? I was think JW could've hidden DW in trunk or floor of his BMW. He may have been able to pull his own car into garage and let DW out Wednesday morning. DW could've hidden amongst the clutter and kicked in the door or surprised someone coming into garage.

I don't think DW had been arrested with his cash yet. The search warrant was executed prior to LE knowing what happened to the 40K or wint. Everything was fair game for a S/W on the BMW. They had every reason to suspect JW at the time and still might have questions. IMO

Yes, he lied to DCMPD but this is not a crime unless he lied about his name and address. Lying to a Federal Agent is a federal offense with severe consequences.

Lying to police isn't a crime? Really?

As badly as I want DW to be convicted, and I VERY much want him to be convicted (and am very confident he will be), its for some reason unsettling to me that he has such an attention-seeking, incompetent attorney. Maybe because this guy is going to get a lot of undeserved attention off a terrible tragedy. PDS lawyers are not media *advertiser censored*.

I predict one of two possible outcomes: (1) DW eventually wises up and replaces Hanover, or (2) he pleads guilty because his lawyer doesn't know how to try the case.

Well he could have said wint and family don't like pizza. ;)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...c22c70-169c-11e5-9518-f9e0a8959f32_story.html

The e-mail that arrived in the inbox of Fairfax attorney Sean Hanover said simply: “We need help with the D.C. mansion murders.”

According to the article, DW's family found him in an Internet search? [emoji53] they would have been wise to stick with a public defender. I don't know why some people think private pay is better than a public defender. Wonder what he's charging? Even if it's pro bono, there will be considerable costs that Hanover will have to pay for.......unless he's rich, he's passing those costs off to someone. PS: I probably wouldn't look for a plumber on line....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not a crime JW has been charged with. Apparently LE was able to verify his account through other witnesses and evidence, IMO

I meant the part about him not knowing who Greta van Sustren is etc. He may be playing all of us and we are underestimating him . (he is not who I would hire if I were charged in a quadruple homicide )

I'll bring up something that bugs me. It's that DW seems to have pulled off this crime with only a knife as a weapon. I don't get the boldness of entering someones home in broad daylight and holding them for 18 hours only armed with a knife.

At anytime someone could have blown a hole in him as big as a golf ball. What would he have done if LE arrived?

Just bugs me thinking about it.

I meant the part about him not knowing who Greta van Sustren is etc. He may be playing all of us and we are underestimating him . (he is not who I would hire if I were charged in a quadruple homicide )

Nah, we aren't underestimating him.

Aside from being fictional, the character Columbo was also quite experienced. The bumbling was schtick. This guy isn't bumbling. he just has no experience. And is foolish enough not to recognize it.

Not a crime JW has been charged with. Apparently LE was able to verify his account through other witnesses and evidence, IMO

Which account? I'm still waiting for the other shoes to drop. JMO

I'll bring up something that bugs me. It's that DW seems to have pulled off this crime with only a knife as a weapon. I don't get the boldness of entering someones home in broad daylight and holding them for 18 hours only armed with a knife.

At anytime someone could have blown a hole in him as big as a golf ball. What would he have done if LE arrived?

Just bugs me thinking about it.

In Petit family murders, two perps didn't have any guns either.

Additional docket entry on DW today.

06/22/2015 Order Granting Motion Entered on the Docket Order Granting Motion Entered on the Docket signed in chambers by Judge Winston 6-22-15 ordering that the Motion For Admission Pro Hac Vice is granted; and further ordering that Abby R. Archer, Esq. is admitted pro hac vice as co-counsel for the defendant. Order docketed and copies forwarded from chambers 6-22-15. VDJ

In his case, as the SW states, he was being "interviewed." IMO he was not under oath and there is nothing to indicate that he had yet been given his Miranda rights. He admitted he lied about the accountant placing the money in a manila envelope. He admitted he lied about the Mosler being locked. He also corrected mistakes in his responses. Although confusing and irritating to the interviewer, these basic facts were not significant but did cast his suspicion on his truthfulness. In a stretch he could be charged with obstructing justice.

Additional docket entry on DW today.

06/22/2015 Order Granting Motion Entered on the Docket Order Granting Motion Entered on the Docket signed in chambers by Judge Winston 6-22-15 ordering that the Motion For Admission Pro Hac Vice is granted; and further ordering that Abby R. Archer, Esq. is admitted pro hac vice as co-counsel for the defendant. Order docketed and copies forwarded from chambers 6-22-15. VDJ

In case anyone is wondering, admission pro hac vice is granted to a lawyer not licensed in a particular jurisdiction and it grants them the right to appear before the court in a particular case without having to be a member of that jurisdiction's bar.

This woman was a law clerk up until May of last year. Goodness gracious. JMO. IMO. I wonder why they didn't try to find a lawyer with a bit more experience than Hanover and his associates?

This woman was a law clerk up until May of last year. Goodness gracious. JMO. IMO. I wonder why they didn't try to find a lawyer with a bit more experience than Hanover and his associates?

May not be able to afford it and any attorney who defends DW will be persona non grata in this town!!! Social Suicide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1