DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd bet it's an intercom/door bell. I doubt the contractor would have lied in the interview he gave.

He wouldn't have had to lie. He said if one existed, he hadn't seen it. (Although I do agree that it seems that if we can see it in a pic, that he might have noticed it at some point, even if he never entered from the outside of the garage.)

Just got back to my office... Postponed because DWW and his attorney had a "disagreement". He's no longer representing him. What a waste of my time grr

Thanks for going - bummer :(

He wouldn't have had to lie. He said if one existed, he hadn't seen it. (Although I do agree that it seems that if we can see it in a pic, that he might have noticed it at some point, even if he never entered from the outside of the garage.)

Peoples' memories about things like that aren't very good. I can't remember what side of the door my neighbor's doorbell is on and whether she has a door knocker and I was just over there.

Is it possible he had a Homelink device installed in his car? It seems highly unlikely SS would have provided the info to JW.

I do not have the device installed in my vehicle. I have two relatives who have the device in their vehicle. They do not use a portable remote. It is installed in their vehicle. You can also turn the home security system on and off, appliances and lights.

Since he was SS driver, did he pick him up everyday in his vehicle? Or, did he leave his vehicle at SS home or AIW. Just wondering what duties he performed for SS.

What did he buy at the stores?

I realize we discussed these details before on one of the MANY earlier threads:)

Praying we will learn new details after the hearing today! My guess is the Prosecutors will release as little as possible.

Even five new details are better than none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's another way JW could have gotten into and out of the garage. If he had access to one of the cars in the driveway, it may have had a remote control, either integrated or on the visor/console.

What a weird and inconvenient system, since there was also no (visible) "people" door. I've never seen one where there wasn't one or the other. What if you walk out of a different door and decide you want to go someplace in your car? You have to have an opener on your person or circle back into one door and come out the door that connects the garage to the house? Not saying it isn't true, but it just seems very weird, even for a family that is security conscious.

Agreeing - those walk-arounds seem inconvenient.

OTOH, home was built ~ 1920's. Pretty sure there hv/bn some reno's, but dld they include adding ped./ppl door?

IIRC, enlarging garage was part of work listed in the spring 2013 building permit. I wonder if that part of the job was completed and if it included a ped. door from exterior into garage, but we just can't see it in pix.

Just got back to my office... Postponed because DWW and his attorney had a "disagreement". He's no longer representing him. What a waste of my time grr

Thanks Nikki80 for going! If we lived in DC, some of us would have went with you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for going Nikki!

Peoples' memories about things like that aren't very good. I can't remember what side of the door my neighbor's doorbell is on and whether she has a door knocker and I was just over there.

Good point. He might have just not noticed it or forgot he saw it if he never used it.

JW could have left the garage door open, someone from inside the house opened and shut the garage door or he never entered the garage at all. Any other possibilities we've missed?

Here are all the permutations that I can think of:

1) No money was left in the garage or in the Mosler. Police knew or learned after questioning that the door hadn't been activated and that's why the detail is significant (seems unlikely since the SW sought the garage door openers).

2) The garage doors were open the whole time and/or were activated just prior to JW's arrival and after his departure. Part of the reason for the 10-minute phone call was so that someone could open the door.

3) JW had synced the garage door opener with the BMW, which is apparently a BMW feature (in at least some models). A scary-freaky feature IMHO!

4) JW had a garage door opener, either with or without permission of the S family (if he was involved, could even have been by earlier or the night before to get one).

5) There is a keypad and JW knew the code

6) There is an intercom/doorbell/whatever else seems to be in the picture that allowed JW to somehow access the garage.

7) JW went in through the interior door because he had access to the house during the ordeal.

Yes, I can't see how JW would close the garage door without an opener/code. Most garage doors have safety devices that make it hard to run out without the door popping back up.

We live not far from Woodland Drive...when there were break ins to garages in our alley, the perps took garage door openers from the cars...apparently, the burglars would take the garage door openers and go around the area, trying them on diff. garages...it unnerved us to think that the 'security' system was not so secure..(ie: The remote controls actually worked on other garages as well, with similar security systems).
Now, I am no expert in these systems (we have the keypad outside and the clicker remote control to open the garage door as well) ... but apparently they are not as 'safe' or 'exclusive' (meaning protecting Only Your Garage! With Your Own Special Code!) as we thought they were.
I would assume that someone with a Mosler would have a rock solid security system, but its quite possible he did not.
One other thing: Does anyone think that the family was 'warned' in 2010 about Wint carrying the machete? That the family may have upped its security for a bit, maybe even left the country because of this concern? That AS actually *would* recognize Wint?
If this has been hashed out on the boards, my apologies ahead of time...Thank you.

JW could have left the garage door open, someone from inside the house opened and shut the garage door or he never entered the garage at all. Any other possibilities we've missed?

The only significant thing to consider is that JW stated that he closed the garage door. (Curious why it was not in the doc whether he had to open the garage door, or that it was already open for him to enter. Was there something particularly meaningful to LE about his statement that he closed it? Hmm.)

Thanks for taking your time to attend the hearing. Trials are somewhat like filming a movie, lots of retakes before the final cut.

Maybe it was the "Wait 'til you hear who else was there!" comment. :)

Agree -- I hate it when I have to wonder whose side my attorney is on. :)

It's been reported in lots of links here. There's a good post in the threads with timeline of news reports that you can check for that.

I haven't seen any reports to the contrary. Have you? Eitherway, my point was that I don't think this was a burglary planned for when people weren't home as some have speculated. JMO.

I'm thinking Hanover might not know DC criminal law as even if DW admitted to signing up for a burglary thinking that the house was empty, burglary is a sufficient underlying felony in DC to qualify under felony murder. I'm not sure what DW could admit to participating in that wouldn't qualify as it's hard to get around qualifying when you're dealing with a home invasion.

Maybe it was that his lawyer thought he committed murder and that pissed DW off. I'm assuming that it breaks laws and professional codes of conduct for the lawyer to share anything he learned from DW. But I wish he could.

It's been reported in lots of links here. There's a good post in the threads with timeline of news reports that you can check for that.

I haven't seen any reports to the contrary. Have you? Eitherway, my point was that I don't think this was a burglary planned for when people weren't home as some have speculated. JMO.

The only thing I saw about AS not being home was speculation because the Porsche was seen driving erratically Wednesday morning. I don't think LE has said she was there or not. There hasn't been confirmation that she was elsewhere that morning. I'm not convinced she was the one driving the Porsche that morning. JMO

I was thinking along those lines, too. Wint might refuse to implicate a family member even though it could help him. Not that there's any help for him, but ...

LOL, I wonder if his family who hired Sean, has been reading all the comments from people and seeing the critiques from TV lawyers regarding Sean's complete lack of experience in something this big. Or was it just that they were appalled to see DW's lawyer stating publicly that his client was at the scene of the murders. Can't back out of that one.

I still can't get over hiring him out of the bazillions of lawyers available for this case. He may be a fine lawyer, but just not ready for this case.

Maybe because he was going to discount his rates as was reported?

I am SO aggravated that we're not going to learn any more details about the case today!!!

I was thinking along those lines, too. Wint might refuse to implicate a family member even though it could help him. Not that there's any help for him, but ...

Also, he might refuse to implicate other gang members. Is it possible that there is someone in the world who is scarier than DW and could intimidate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1