DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I saw about AS not being home was speculation because the Porsche was seen driving erratically Wednesday morning. I don't think LE has said she was there or not. There hasn't been confirmation that she was elsewhere that morning. I'm not convinced she was the one driving the Porsche that morning. JMO

Was that Weds AM or Thurs AM that the Porsche was seen driving erratically. I can't recall, but for some reason I was thinking that it was seen being driven erratically at like 10:30 AM Thurs?

The only thing I saw about AS not being home was speculation because the Porsche was seen driving erratically Wednesday morning. I don't think LE has said she was there or not. There hasn't been confirmation that she was elsewhere that morning. I'm not convinced she was the one driving the Porsche that morning. JMO

Yeah, I actually don't think it's even unlikely that AS had stepped out and that the people who invaded the house weren't expecting to find a housekeeper who wasn't really supposed to be there (since SS sort of wanted her at the Dojo but she opted out because she didn't want to stay past her usual 3:30 end time) and a son who also wasn't supposed to be there (since AS had posted on FB that he was going back to school and apparently the plan had changed). Under that scenario, AS would have wanted to get back before VF was scheduled to leave, and could have walked in to find her little boy and HK held hostage -- or could have been lured back by a forced phone call from VF or PS to get her back to the house to open the safe and/or locate valuables once the perps realized they already had an abduction/hostage situation going on.

The only significant thing to consider is that JW stated that he closed the garage door. (Curious why it was not in the doc whether he had to open the garage door, or that it was already open for him to enter. Was there something particularly meaningful to LE about his statement that he closed it? Hmm.)

Like, maybe if he left his BMW a couple blocks away and drove away in the Porsche, which had a garage door opener in it?

We live not far from Woodland Drive...when there were break ins to garages in our alley, the perps took garage door openers from the cars...apparently, the burglars would take the garage door openers and go around the area, trying them on diff. garages...it unnerved us to think that the 'security' system was not so secure..(ie: The remote controls actually worked on other garages as well, with similar security systems).
Now, I am no expert in these systems (we have the keypad outside and the clicker remote control to open the garage door as well) ... but apparently they are not as 'safe' or 'exclusive' (meaning protecting Only Your Garage! With Your Own Special Code!) as we thought they were.
I would assume that someone with a Mosler would have a rock solid security system, but its quite possible he did not.
One other thing: Does anyone think that the family was 'warned' in 2010 about Wint carrying the machete? That the family may have upped its security for a bit, maybe even left the country because of this concern? That AS actually *would* recognize Wint?
If this has been hashed out on the boards, my apologies ahead of time...Thank you.

My husband has several hundreds of employers. If any one of them ever threatened him with a machete, I would insist on knowing what he looked like, drove etc..

If SS shared the info with her and his picture, she would not have forgot his face. Close your eyes and picture his face. I think he has a very distinct face.

No doubt AIW provided the names of every single disgruntled employee. I have been working for 40 years. No one has ever shown up with a Machete. It would live on in company gossip for years!!!

"Remember that crazy dude Wint who showed up with the machete?"

No one forgets crazy work events like a machete wielding employee!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My husband has several hundreds of employers. If any one of them ever threatened him with a machete, I would insist on knowing what he looked like, drove etc..

If SS shared the info with her and his picture, she would not have forgot his face. Close your eyes and picture his face. I think he has a very distinct face.

No doubt AIW provided the names of every single disgruntled employee. I have been working for 40 years. No one has ever shown up with a Machete. It would live on in company gossip for years!!!

"Remember that crazy dude Wint who showed up with the machete?"

No one forgets crazy work events like a machete wielding employee!!

Good point! We still gossip about that time the crazy pathologist walked off with a PCR thermocycler, which is far less dramatic than a machete.

I think that this is one of those details about which there is ambiguity, and has taken on a certainty in the remembering and retelling. The contractor, Bill Davies, said there was no *manual* way to open the doors. The thing he confirmed was that you couldn't just grab a handle and pull up the doors -- that they had to be activated electronically.He didn't *remember* a keypad. He didn't say that there wasn't one.
http://www.nate-thayer.com/owner-do...ized-from-jordan-wallace-in-d-c-murder-probe/

Skigirl
Thank you for finding source & quoting exact language.
Very important distinction - contractor 'did not remember' vs there 'was not.'

This still leaves open a poss that there is exterior keypad to open & close g-door. IDK.
From pic just posted (sorry, forgot who), appears to be something on left side of left g-door frame. IDK.
Or as someone else (sorry, forgot who) just said re pix - could be intercom or doorbell. IDK.

So many unknowns. That is not JM2cts, darnnit.

I was thinking along those lines, too. Wint might refuse to implicate a family member even though it could help him. Not that there's any help for him, but ...

LOL, I wonder if his family who hired Sean, has been reading all the comments from people and seeing the critiques from TV lawyers regarding Sean's complete lack of experience in something this big. Or was it just that they were appalled to see DW's lawyer stating publicly that his client was at the scene of the murders. Can't back out of that one.

I still can't get over hiring him out of the bazillions of lawyers available for this case. He may be a fine lawyer, but just not ready for this case.

Maybe because he was going to discount his rates as was reported?

I think there is a good chance a family member or friend follows this thread.

He wouldn't have had to lie. He said if one existed, he hadn't seen it. (Although I do agree that it seems that if we can see it in a pic, that he might have noticed it at some point, even if he never entered from the outside of the garage.)

Um, yeah, since he was the contractor, you'd think he'd know. I think what many think is a keypad is actually an intercom/door bell.

Good point! We still gossip about that time the crazy pathologist walked off with a PCR thermocycler, which is far less dramatic than a machete.

Remember DW wasn't at work with a machete. He was at a gas station, so I doubt employees ever knew. I have no clue what goes on at the gas station near my work.

Also, he might refuse to implicate other gang members. Is it possible that there is someone in the world who is scarier than DW and could intimidate him?

Asymptote for scariness for me is reached by the time of the first murder involving a baseball bat, sword, and fire, but maybe if you're in a gang, quiet life in prison is more pleasant than life on the run after ratting out fellow gang members. Or maybe he his now-former attorney was giving him some tough love about his chances at beating the charges and DW killed (this time, metaphorically) the messenger.

Um, yeah, since he was the contractor, you'd think he'd know. I think what many think is a keypad is actually an intercom/door bell.

I mean, I feel like we're sort of going after nits in the absence of new information today, but why in the quote didn't he mention an intercom doorbell, either?

A doorbell/intercom on the garage? Is that more usual than a keypad that would give access? I have only seen/heard of the latter so can't really speak to the likeliness of the garage doorbell situation.

Maybe it was that his lawyer thought he committed murder and that pissed DW off. I'm assuming that it breaks laws and professional codes of conduct for the lawyer to share anything he learned from DW. But I wish he could.

Can he write a book at some point? Is there a time frame when he can discuss?

Asymptote for scariness for me is reached by the time of the first murder involving a baseball bat, sword, and fire, but maybe if you're in a gang, quiet life in prison is more pleasant than life on the run after ratting out fellow gang members. Or maybe he his now-former attorney was giving him some tough love about his chances at beating the charges and DW killed (this time, metaphorically) the messenger.

Also, according to the movies, rats in prisons are sometimes punished by other prisoners.

Was that Weds AM or Thurs AM that the Porsche was seen driving erratically. I can't recall, but for some reason I was thinking that it was seen being driven erratically at like 10:30 AM Thurs?

1. Neighbors said they saw a Porsche that could have been the family's speeding down the street the day before the fire.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sekeeper-family-s-million-dollar-mansion.html
2. Authorities linked what may have been two different men to Amy Savopoulos' blue Porsche 911 the day of the killings. One, "with short, well-groomed hair," was spotted driving erratically away from the crime scene. Another, wearing a dark hoodie, was videotaped carrying a bucket near where the Porsche was set on fire later that day.
Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...ct-remains-at-large-114135.html#ixzz3elVLk7nv
3. From the SW for the Chevy Cruz: SW Chevrolet W3.png

Can he write a book at some point? Is there a time frame when he can discuss?

I think he can be disbarred by talking about the case. Maybe after the trial is done he could write a book? I think there are some people in this thread who know the legal system well. Maybe the will weigh in.

A doorbell/intercom on the garage? Is that more usual than a keypad that would give access? I have only seen/heard of the latter so can't really speak to the likeliness of the garage doorbell situation.

They didn't have a side door so they would need a doorbell or intercom there to let people in who arrived at the garage when the door to the garage was closed. They were still in the process of having the garage expanded and i would bet that the keypad/side door issue might have been something they hoped the remodeling would address. I think they left the garage door open all the time because they didn't have another way for folks to get in. Basically, this design was not the most secure or efficient.

I am SO aggravated that we're not going to learn any more details about the case today!!!

I took the day off to follow with my full attention, my boss was ok with it, since I've got him hooked...

Nikki has not posted if DW attended the hearing. Is it possible DW did not attend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member