DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he can be disbarred by talking about the case. Maybe after the trial is done he could write a book? I think there are some people in this thread who know the legal system well. Maybe the will weigh in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He could write a book, make the money and then go back to selling jewelry or designing websites. Not sure how married he is to the legal profession.

My husband has several hundreds of employers. If any one of them ever threatened him with a machete, I would insist on knowing what he looked like, drove etc..

If SS shared the info with her and his picture, she would not have forgot his face. Close your eyes and picture his face. I think he has a very distinct face.

No doubt AIW provided the names of every single disgruntled employee. I have been working for 40 years. No one has ever shown up with a Machete. It would live on in company gossip for years!!!

"Remember that crazy dude Wint who showed up with the machete?"

No one forgets crazy work events like a machete wielding employee!!

I wonder how much the company even knew about it at the time. He was across a busy 4 lane road behind a dumpster behind the Shell station. He pled down to having an open container of alcohol (beer). Unless he told LE he was there to stalk AIW across the street, it's possible no one even knew he posed any more of a threat than any other former employee until the murders. JMO

Remember DW wasn't at work with a machete. He was at a gas station, so I doubt employees ever knew. I have no clue what goes on at the gas station near my work.

Aw, h3ll yes, AIW employees would know, LOL! Anybody could have seen that arrest, it probably made at least a little blurb in the paper or on the news. That would be juicy gossip and some would warn fellow workers to keep an eye out for that crazy person who had been fired.

I've worked at places where everybody knew who the problem employees were and some kept tabs after they were "let go". You don't fire crazy peeps because they may come back in anger. They were either downsized/laid off, or their hours were continued to be cut until they had to find another job just to exist. Just out of curiosity, some curious people like myself, will research a bit to see whatever became of so-and-so. One of ours we saw on the news twice: tried to run over former boss, another time they were found naked at the shore with a dead cat that had broken picture frame around it's neck. 5150 both times, no drugs, no alcohol.

Just like we do, employees could have searched, still search, online court cases. Free in DC, costs money where I live, but oh, so worth it. Forewarned is forearmed.

The internet is a valuable tool for all kinds of things.

1. Neighbors said they saw a Porsche that could have been the family's speeding down the street the day before the fire.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sekeeper-family-s-million-dollar-mansion.html
2. Authorities linked what may have been two different men to Amy Savopoulos' blue Porsche 911 the day of the killings. One, "with short, well-groomed hair," was spotted driving erratically away from the crime scene. Another, wearing a dark hoodie, was videotaped carrying a bucket near where the Porsche was set on fire later that day.
Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...ct-remains-at-large-114135.html#ixzz3elVLk7nv

Thx! Do we have a time for the guy with short, well-groomed hair driving erratically away from the crime scene? I am assuming that it was prior to, or at 10:30, since that was that time the Porsche was seen in the vicinity and was missing after.

Interesting that the timing of that sighting coincides with what one would expect to be JW's departure time from the scene after delivering the cash, based on his 10:26 AM text that the package was delivered. (Unless he decided stay and hang around the house--but that has a worse implication.)

Is there any non-incriminating scenario in which JW could have taken the Porsche to Chantilly, knowing that he says he returned to the scene just after the fire, and was obviously sans Porsche?

My husband has several hundreds of employers. If any one of them ever threatened him with a machete, I would insist on knowing what he looked like, drove etc..

If SS shared the info with her and his picture, she would not have forgot his face. Close your eyes and picture his face. I think he has a very distinct face.

No doubt AIW provided the names of every single disgruntled employee. I have been working for 40 years. No one has ever shown up with a Machete. It would live on in company gossip for years!!!

"Remember that crazy dude Wint who showed up with the machete?"

No one forgets crazy work events like a machete wielding employee!!

Wint didn't show up at the office with a machete, he was at a gas station. Cops may not have even been aware he had been fired years earlier from the nearby company. Wint had a habit of not telling the truth about his name so my guess is that he withheld that tidbit from them as well.

JMO

Suspect in DC mansion slayings fires his defense attorneys

"We have done a lot of investigation since we first got on this case," Hanover said. "We believe he was set up." :boohoo:

Hanover said Wint had expressed sorrow over the victims' deaths. One of the Savopouloses' daughters, 19-year-old Abigail, was in the courtroom on Thursday, watching stoically as Wint conferred with his attorneys and the judge. The daughter, who like her sister was away at boarding school at the time of the slayings, did not speak to reporters.

Wint "was heartbroken like everybody else," Hanover said. "I can assure you that he never intended or wanted anybody, them or anybody else, to be harmed."

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29459935/dc-mansion-slayings

Aw, h3ll yes, AIW employees would know, LOL! Anybody could have seen that arrest, it probably made at least a little blurb in the paper or on the news. That would be juicy gossip and some would warn fellow workers to keep an eye out for that crazy person who had been fired.

I've worked at places where everybody knew who the problem employees were and some kept tabs after they were "let go". You don't fire crazy peeps because they may come back in anger. They were either downsized/laid off, or their hours were continued to be cut until they had to find another job just to exist. Just out of curiosity, some curious people like myself, will research a bit to see whatever became of so-and-so. One of ours we saw on the news twice: tried to run over former boss, another time they were found naked at the shore with a dead cat that had broken picture frame around it's neck. 5150 both times, no drugs, no alcohol.

Just like we do, employees could have searched, still search, online court cases. Free in DC, costs money where I live, but oh, so worth it. Forewarned is forearmed.

The internet is a valuable tool for all kinds of things.

I can almost guarantee you JW's arrest behind the gas station didn't make the news. First of all, I haven't found anything contemporaneous, although someone else may have better luck. Secondly, there is nothing special about this arrest. Unless an AIW employee was AT the gas station, I don't think police cars would garner much attention. It's a fairly industrial part of town, and police activity is not rare like it would be in the leafy suburbs or the S neighborhood. PG County police must make dozens if not hundreds of similar arrests a day.

Also, according to the movies, rats in prisons are sometimes punished by other prisoners.

I think Wint may be taking the path of Nikko Jenkins and is going to insist on representing himself. He won't be anywhere near other prisoners in order to protect them from him. As for family members who may have helped Wint, Nikko's mother and sister are already sitting in prison without his help or cooperation.

The similarities between Wint and Jenkins are astounding. Both animals were walking free and slaughtered four people because of a screw up in bureaucracy.

JMO

Thx! Do we have a time for the guy with short, well-groomed hair driving erratically away from the crime scene? I am assuming that it was prior to, or at 10:30, since that was that time the Porsche was seen and was missing after.

Interesting that the timing of that sighting coincides with what one would expect to be JW's departure time from the scene after delivering the cash, based on his 10:26 AM text that the package was delivered. (Unless he decided stay and hang around the house--but that is a worse implication.)

Is there any non-incriminating scenario in which JW could have taken the Porsche to Chantilly, knowing that he says he returned to the scene just after the fire without the Porsche?

The well-groomed guy was driving the Porsche around 1:30 on New York Avenue (between house and New Carrollton/Hyattsville) after the fire. I didn't see where JW said he returned without the Porsche on Thursday - I didn't even know he mentioned it. Would love to know what cars people were driving Wednesday and Thursday. I wonder when JW parked his BMW near the S home. Was it Wednesday and/or Thursday? Did he drive it to Chantilly or did he swap cars in the morning? Did the accountant see what car JW was driving Thursday morning? I would assume so. I can't access the SWs right now - does LE say what car he was driving? When they said IT's car, did they mean the car JW owns or the one he happened to be driving? If he drove SS (and possibly NG) to the dojo on Wednesday, I doubt he took the BMW, but maybe. If he only took SS, could be he was driving the Porsche Wednesday morning. If there were 3 in the car, I think that is highly unlikely.

Wint didn't show up at the office with a machete, he was at a gas station. Cops may not have even been aware he had been fired years earlier from the nearby company. Wint had a habit of not telling the truth about his name so my guess is that he withheld that tidbit from them as well.

JMO

DW's real name was used in the charging docs for that arrest. I don't believe it has been established that DW was fired, although his brother/cousin was fired.

I can almost guarantee you JW's arrest behind the gas station didn't make the news. First of all, I haven't found anything contemporaneous, although someone else may have better luck. Secondly, there is nothing special about this arrest. Unless an AIW employee was AT the gas station, I don't think police cars would garner much attention. It's a fairly industrial part of town, and police activity is not rare like it would be in the leafy suburbs or the S neighborhood. PG County police must make dozens if not hundreds of similar arrests a day.

I must have been MIA when the machete/threat story was found to be untrue. The articles a week after the murders mentioned DW was right outside of AIW headquarters. If he was arrested at a gas station that far from AIW, why are they saying DW was threatening SS? Was is just sensationalized reporting?

I do not check the board every day and sometimes not for days. You all may have already dug up the true facts of the incident.

The well-groomed guy was driving the Porsche around 1:30 on New York Avenue (between house and New Carrollton/Hyattsville) after the fire. I didn't see where JW said he returned without the Porsche on Thursday - I didn't even know he mentioned it. Would love to know what cars people were driving Wednesday and Thursday. I wonder when JW parked his BMW near the S home. Was it Wednesday and/or Thursday? Did he drive it to Chantilly or did he swap cars in the morning? Did the accountant see what car JW was driving Thursday morning? I would assume so. I can't access the SWs right now - does LE say what car he was driving? When they said IT's car, did they mean the car JW owns or the one he happened to be driving? If he drove SS (and possibly NG) to the dojo on Wednesday, I doubt he took the BMW, but maybe. If he only took SS, could be he was driving the Porsche Wednesday morning. If there were 3 in the car, I think that is highly unlikely.

Sorry. I meant that JW said he drove straight back to the fire upon learning about it, not that he said he didn't drive back in the Porsche. And I assumed that driving away from the crime scene meant on the street of the house. And I don't know why I am recalling 10:30 as the last sighting of the Porsche in the neighborhood. I could be wrong. You know what happens when you *advertiser censored* U ME.

DW's real name was used in the charging docs for that arrest. I don't believe it has been established that DW was fired, although his brother/cousin was fired.

It doesn't matter if he was fired or not from AIW. His arrest with the machete came years later at a gas station. There was no way LE would link him to AIW unless Wint provided the information to them. Since the offense was pled down to something minor, I seriously doubt the prosecutor was aware of his link to AIW.

JMO

I must have been MIA when the machete/threat story was found to be untrue. The articles a week after the murders mentioned DW was right outside of AIW headquarters. If he was arrested at a gas station that far from AIW, why are they saying DW was threatening SS? Was is just sensationalized reporting?

I do not check the board every day and sometimes not for days. You all may have already dug up the true facts of the incident.

Yes, sensationalized reporting. DW was arrested next to AIW like the S home is next door to the Vice President's residence.

Yikes! Another reason to not live or visit DC. That's terrifying to me, that every day there are dozens or hundreds of arrests of someone with a violent history who are found in public with a machete, a knife and open container and it doesn't make the news, even the little news? It does in <city deleted for privacy> major metropolis where I live. It's not front page for sure, but it makes the news. :) It's filler stuff sometimes, but it makes the news even if it's in the online version. It would definitely make the the local news station. People having sex in cars makes the news, but not a dangerous creep with a machete, a knife and possibly under the influence.

Scary everywhere :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member