DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN just reported on events at the DC court appearance today. Hanover was shown talking with reporters and the pressure caused his stuttering to come to the forefront. (I can't help but think of Steve Martin every time I see Hanover in the press.) The most interesting thing revealed by CNN's report was remarks by both Jake Tapper and Wolf Blitzer about the long delay with the US Atty's investigation and that no one else has been arrested. Tapper said that LE is investigating Wint's brother and his cousin. This is the first time I have heard this stated by MSM and they are getting it directly from LE sources.

Thank you.

Personally doubt Atty stmts in these 2 articles show or suggest he breached atty-client privilege or confidentiality, could be wrong.
I believe atty is permitted to state client fired him, but no reasons may be revealed.
Didn't atty affirm firing tdy in open court?
To highlight atty stmts, I've added red re what Atty said Wint said; blue re what Atty interps/believes/thinks.
Some ppl here interpreted underscored quote as atty stating Wint admitted he was there at S home/crime scene, but on re-reading it, I'm not sure if that is the case, but I could be wrong.

Article of June 16-17
"The new lawyer for a suspect in a D.C. quadruple homicide said his client believes he was set up...."Sean Hanover said he was hired by Daron Wint's mother, brother, and sister on Saturday, June 13. He said he met with Wint for the first time Monday, and then represented him in court Tuesday."
"In an interview Tuesday night, Hanover told ABC7 since he had just been hired, he

couldn't yet give an overly detailed explanation related to Wint's defense."
"{Wint} believes that once people begin to understand who else was out there and what was going on, they're going to see him in a very different light," Hanover said. "I think it's fair to say that he feels at this time that he was definitely set up...."
"We don't know what other DNA evidence exists," Hanover said. "We've only learned thus far about the pizza. Let's see what else is there."
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...ngs-due-in-court-has-new-attorney-114804.html

Article of July 2:
"Defense attorney Sean Hanover said he and Wint "had a difference of opinion" that led Wint to dismiss him and a colleague ... He did not detail what the disagreement was about.
Hanover also said he believes there are multiple people who were involved in the slayings who are still at large, and he said he thinks Wint was "set up," although he did not elaborate....
"We have done a lot of investigation since we first got on this case," Hanover said. "We believe he was set up."
Hanover said Wint had expressed sorrow over the victims' deaths....
Wint "was heartbroken like everybody else," Hanover said. "I can assure you that he never intended or wanted anybody, them or anybody else, to be harmed."
http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29459935/dc-mansion-slayings July 2

Maybe others interp differently and think atty did breach atty-client priv or confid?
Maybe other articles quote him making other stmts?

facundo said:
W3 was just a citizen who saw the Porsche on New York Avenue. That is about 5-6 miles away from the crime scene and maybe 4-5 miles from where the car was abandoned in Hyattsville, MD.

I guess you were making a joke. Did they say where on NY Ave the witness saw the Porsche on Thursday Afternoon?

I wasn't joking. I only explained who W3 was. W3 is the pseudonym used in the Search Warrant for a person who responded to the police bulletin asking for witnesses who might have seen the Porsche. W3's occupation is not stated in the SW.

SW Chevrolet W3.png

= BondGirl ]
He could write a book, make the money and then go back to selling jewelry or designing websites. Not sure how married he is to the legal profession.

More than disbarred, he could be sued.
He could play a banjo and go back to work on SNL as the "Wild and Crazy Guy."

He sure seems to be chatty. Would it be DW and/or his family who would sue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't see anything for DW to sue for. DW fired Hanover. IMO Hanover will send a hefty bill to the persons that hired him for the time he and his associates spent on DW's defense. They will not pay the bill and then he can sue them.

CNN just reported on events at the DC court appearance today. Hanover was shown talking with reporters and the pressure caused his stuttering to come to the forefront. (I can't help but think of Steve Martin every time I see Hanover in the press.) The most interesting thing revealed by CNN's report was remarks by both Jake Tapper and Wolf Blitzer about the long delay with the US Atty's investigation and that no one else has been arrested. Tapper said that LE is investigating Wint's brother and his cousin. This is the first time I have heard this stated by MSM and they are getting it directly from LE sources.
bbm

Less than 2 months since deaths = "long delay"???
If US Atty. investigated and 10 ppl were arrested the day after Wint was,
then would reporters claim - "Rush to Judgment!!! Arrestees are Being Railroaded!!!"

JM2cts (and sarc) and could be wrong.

Please link this up when the link is available. TIA

440 ft - walking between AIW and Shell Gas.

Near enough for my liking.

View attachment 77485

How much attn did the machete & BB gun incident get at the time? Maybe not public attn, maybe did not hit MSM.

Is it poss AIW security chief would have heard about close-by arrest at the time - maybe would have made connection to DDW as ex-employee? Or not. Could arrest have made rounds within AIW and a diff employee made connection? Or not. IDK.

Anyone know how many AIW employees are there? Office-only? Production/fabrication/manu. (terminology?) employees too?

IME, just ltd exp, LE and corp security gen'ly tend to be on good terms re sharing info. Esp long-time, established businesses.
Entirely poss - machete & BB gun arrest caught attn of AIW security, on quasi-official grapevine. Or other employees, as water cooler gossip. Or not.

Well done al66pine! :D Thank you for this - so much easier to see when laid out like you did. Whee!

Personally doubt Atty stmts in these 2 articles show or suggest he breached atty-client privilege or confidentiality, could be wrong.
I believe atty is permitted to state client fired him, but no reasons may be revealed.
Didn't atty affirm firing tdy in open court?
To highlight atty stmts, I've added red re what Atty said Wint said; blue re what Atty interps/believes/thinks.
Some ppl here interpreted underscored quote as atty stating Wint admitted he was there at S home/crime scene, but on re-reading it, I'm not sure if that is the case, but I could be wrong.

Article of June 16-17
"The new lawyer for a suspect in a D.C. quadruple homicide said his client believes he was set up...."Sean Hanover said he was hired by Daron Wint's mother, brother, and sister on Saturday, June 13. He said he met with Wint for the first time Monday, and then represented him in court Tuesday."
"In an interview Tuesday night, Hanover told ABC7 since he had just been hired, he

couldn't yet give an overly detailed explanation related to Wint's defense."
"{Wint} believes that once people begin to understand who else was out there and what was going on, they're going to see him in a very different light," Hanover said. "I think it's fair to say that he feels at this time that he was definitely set up...."
"We don't know what other DNA evidence exists," Hanover said. "We've only learned thus far about the pizza. Let's see what else is there."
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...ngs-due-in-court-has-new-attorney-114804.html

Article of July 2:
"Defense attorney Sean Hanover said he and Wint "had a difference of opinion" that led Wint to dismiss him and a colleague ... He did not detail what the disagreement was about.
Hanover also said he believes there are multiple people who were involved in the slayings who are still at large, and he said he thinks Wint was "set up," although he did not elaborate....
"We have done a lot of investigation since we first got on this case," Hanover said. "We believe he was set up."
Hanover said Wint had expressed sorrow over the victims' deaths....
Wint "was heartbroken like everybody else," Hanover said. "I can assure you that he never intended or wanted anybody, them or anybody else, to be harmed."
http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29459935/dc-mansion-slayings July 2

Maybe others interp differently and think atty did breach atty-client priv or confid?
Maybe other articles quote him making other stmts?

I don't see anything for DW to sue for. DW fired Hanover. IMO Hanover will send a hefty bill to the persons that hired him for the time he and his associates spent on DW's defense. They will not pay the bill and then he can sue them.

I agree, there is nothing for DW to sue for. Hanover never declared his client was guilty of murder and never said his client was in the house. He said he believed his client had been set up and that others were involved. A defense attorney can say whatever they want that relates to innocence. The public defender said she didn't believe it was Wint in the video tied to the car. I agree with her.

Hanover probably asked for a retainer up front, he'll deduct the costs of what he's done so far and if any of the money is left, he'll return it.

JMO

Amazing. Even after this attorney is fired he continues to do damage. LOL

LE has Wint's DNA in the home, in several places. They have tape of him driving the torched getaway car. They have testimony from a driver saying he had enough to pay for thousand dollar cab ride to NYC. He was found with a car full of hundreds from the ransom money. And he told his family he was going to turn himself in.

His attorney looks foolish saying that Wint never meant for anyone to be hurt, after 4 people were brutally tortured for 18 hours, while Wint was in that home. JMO

Amazing. Even after this attorney is fired he continues to do damage. LOL

LE has Wint's DNA in the home, in several places. They have tape of him driving the torched getaway car. They have testimony from a driver saying he had enough to pay for thousand dollar cab ride to NYC. He was found with a car full of hundreds from the ransom money. And he told his family he was going to turn himself in.

His attorney looks foolish saying that Wint never meant for anyone to be hurt, after 4 people were brutally tortured for 18 hours, while Wint was in that home. JMO

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/02/dc-mansion-murder-suspect-fires-defense-attorney/

When asked how many others may be involved in the murders, all Hanover would say was “more than one and less than 100.”

*sigh*

How much attn did the machete & BB gun incident get at the time? Maybe not public attn, maybe did not hit MSM.

Is it poss AIW security chief would have heard about close-by arrest at the time - maybe would have made connection to DDW as ex-employee? Or not. Could arrest have made rounds within AIW and a diff employee made connection? Or not. IDK.

Anyone know how many AIW employees are there? Office-only? Production/fabrication/manu. (terminology?) employees too?

IME, just ltd exp, LE and corp security gen'ly tend to be on good terms re sharing info. Esp long-time, established businesses.
Entirely poss - machete & BB gun arrest caught attn of AIW security, on quasi-official grapevine. Or other employees, as water cooler gossip. Or not.

I worked at an S&P 500 company with something approaching 40xs the revenue of AIW, plus sensitive medical blah blah blah, high tech blah blah, and we had no "security chief". I know because I directed the CEO's office and was Controller for the CEO's budget including the budget for all of the C-level people and the private aviation budget. I would definitely have known if we had had in-house security because that is exactly the sort of corporate cost that no one with a 'real' P&L statement would have accepted and so it would have rolled up to the CEO. At headquarters we had basic rent-a-cops that drove around the parking lot and an elderly woman at the reception desk -- that was it. I doubt a company the size of AIW, which wasn't really that big, had a sophisticated internal security staff. I wouldn't be surprised if the Savopoulos family themselves had private security, however.

I thought right after the crime it was mentioned Amy was seen erratically driving home on Wednesday afternoon. VF's husband reported days later he saw the car parked in the street on Thursday morning. The car or a car with a similar description was spotted around 1:30 afternoon driving erratically toward Maryland.

I have not been following the case as closely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it wasn't reported that Amy was seen driving the car on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1