DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done al66pine! :D Thank you for this - so much easier to see when laid out like you did. Whee!

You're welcome.
On reading Hanover's stmts when he was first hired, I thought about Charlie Brown TV specials --
when adults talk, the audio is waah-waah-waah. Nothing meaningful.

This stmt still puzzles me a bit.
"{Wint} believes that once people begin to understand who else was out there and what was going on, they're going to see him in a very different light," Hanover said. "I think it's fair to say that he feels at this time that he was definitely set up...."
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/06...ey-114804.html June 16-17.

"Out there"??? At S home at time of crime? Where is there?
"What was going on"??? Was DDW himself restrained by some bad guys, who prevented him from going to choir practice?
"See him in a different light?" A heavenly halo around his head? A new-age peaceful co-existence aura?
Snark over.

DDDW knows how to play the court system. It's a game to him.

Look at his cases that stretched on for YEARS and YEARs and were dismissed.
And look at the ones that are still active after YEARS and YEARS.

This one won't be dismissed.

You're welcome.
On reading Hanover's stmts when he was first hired, I thought about Charlie Brown TV specials --
when adults talk, the audio is waah-waah-waah. Nothing meaningful.

This stmt still puzzles me a bit.
"{Wint} believes that once people begin to understand who else was out there and what was going on, they're going to see him in a very different light," Hanover said. "I think it's fair to say that he feels at this time that he was definitely set up...."
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/06...ey-114804.html June 16-17.

"Out there"??? At S home at time of crime? Where is there?
"What was going on"??? Was DDW himself restrained by some bad guys, who prevented him from going to choir practice?
"See him in a different light?" A heavenly halo around his head? A new-age peaceful co-existence aura?
Snark over.

In my opinion, that little old statement by Hanover can get his ex-client the death penalty. He pretty much admitted, by using the words 'who else'--- that his client was 'there' at the scene of the crime when it was going down. Sure, others may have been there, BUT SO WHAT. If Wint was there taking part, even if he did not plan on any killing, he is still good for FELONY MURDER charges.

That was reckless of Hanover to talk in that way. JMO

Here is the link to today's CNN Situation Room report with Wolf Blitzer:

Reference to Wint's brother and a cousin is stated at 01:05 of the video.[video]http://edition.cnn.com/videos/justice/2015/07/02/mansion-murders-suspect-in-court-foreman-dnt-lead.cnn/video/playlists/intl-from-the-us/[/video]

I worked at an S&P 500 company with something approaching 40xs the revenue of AIW, plus sensitive medical blah blah blah, high tech blah blah, and we had no "security chief". I know because I directed the CEO's office and was Controller for the CEO's budget including the budget for all of the C-level people and the private aviation budget. I would definitely have known if we had had in-house security because that is exactly the sort of corporate cost that no one with a 'real' P&L statement would have accepted and so it would have rolled up to the CEO. At headquarters we had basic rent-a-cops that drove around the parking lot and an elderly woman at the reception desk -- that was it. I doubt a company the size of AIW, which wasn't really that big, had a sophisticated internal security staff. I wouldn't be surprised if the Savopoulos family themselves had private security, however.

Skigirl
Thank you for providing experience from perspective of another co.

In raising Q about corp sec and relationship w local LE, I did throw in some IDKs - but admittedly ref'ed to and azz-umed AIW has a corp security chief. As I said, it was IME, and just ltd exp.

Good to get another opinion, which may be closer to the reality of AIW.

You can only discuss what's in the video. You can't bring anymore here other than that. You can't name names, or sleuth the family including the brother and cousin.

No one other than DW has been arrested. So for now, the family and friends are off limits.

JW lied so he can be sleuthed, but not his family or friends.

I understand it's frustrating for everyone, but until LE releases more on the witnesses or arrests someone else, we have to abide by Websleuths TOS.

Thank you for understanding!

:tyou:

How much attn did the machete & BB gun incident get at the time? Maybe not public attn, maybe did not hit MSM.

Is it poss AIW security chief would have heard about close-by arrest at the time - maybe would have made connection to DDW as ex-employee? Or not. Could arrest have made rounds within AIW and a diff employee made connection? Or not. IDK.

Anyone know how many AIW employees are there? Office-only? Production/fabrication/manu. (terminology?) employees too?

IME, just ltd exp, LE and corp security gen'ly tend to be on good terms re sharing info. Esp long-time, established businesses.
Entirely poss - machete & BB gun arrest caught attn of AIW security, on quasi-official grapevine. Or other employees, as water cooler gossip. Or not.

I doubt AIW had a security chief. This was not a major corporation like Apple.

In my opinion, that little old statement by Hanover can get his ex-client the death penalty. He pretty much admitted, by using the words 'who else'--- that his client was 'there' at the scene of the crime when it was going down. Sure, others may have been there, BUT SO WHAT. If Wint was there taking part, even if he did not plan on any killing, he is still good for FELONY MURDER charges.

Yes, that's how I took it too as that it is basically a confession. I wonder if the DA could get that statement admitted into evidence as Hanover was just voluntarily speaking as a private citizen out in public. I don't know what crime DW could admit to related to a home invasion that wouldn't qualify under felony murder. I can only see voluntarily admitting to this as part of a plea deal rather than going on record with this without a plea deal as then you're just handing the DA a confession. Also Hanover has blocked a potential defense of saying that DW was invited over there and didn't know what was going on (no felony murder because he didn't conspire to commit the underlying felony as he was just there to party until he went inside and found out what was going on) by admitting he was part of the criminal conspiracy by saying he was small player in the criminal conspiracy. I think DW would have to have some really juicy criminal info and sing as otherwise his own former lawyer cooked his goose just with his statements alone.

I worked at an S&P 500 company with something approaching 40xs the revenue of AIW, plus sensitive medical blah blah blah, high tech blah blah, and we had no "security chief". I know because I directed the CEO's office and was Controller for the CEO's budget including the budget for all of the C-level people and the private aviation budget. I would definitely have known if we had had in-house security because that is exactly the sort of corporate cost that no one with a 'real' P&L statement would have accepted and so it would have rolled up to the CEO. At headquarters we had basic rent-a-cops that drove around the parking lot and an elderly woman at the reception desk -- that was it. I doubt a company the size of AIW, which wasn't really that big, had a sophisticated internal security staff. I wouldn't be surprised if the Savopoulos family themselves had private security, however.
DC is probably unique in the number of corporate security people on payrolls. I had a friend who worked with FLE in a capacity that involved them occasionally in a phase of construction of FLE facilities. They told me they were surprised to learn that the construction workers had to obtain a basic, public trust, level of background security clearance. If AIW built for fedgov contacts, as I believe I've read, he'd have had a security person on staff for that. And then there's physical security and safety at the job sites. There would be 100% touch check of IDs just to enter the construction zone of a fedgov building. I guess AIW could have contracted it out though, since that work is far afield from I-beams and welding.
ETA:
But none of these security roles require a high level thinker.

I think it isn't the size of the company that matters, it is the security of the facility that matters and whether areas need restricted access. It has been noted that one of Wint's relatives made a threat to burn the place down after being fired and the company obtained a protection order so it does sound to me that AIW did have some type of security system in place to make sure he didn't carry through with his threat.

But the incident of Wint with the machete would NOT have triggered an alert to AIW unless he directly threatened to use it at AIW. The most LE could prove was that he had an open container of alcohol.

JMO

Yes, that's how I took it too as that it is basically a confession. I wonder if the DA could get that statement admitted into evidence as Hanover was just voluntarily speaking as a private citizen out in public. I don't know what crime DW could admit to related to a home invasion that wouldn't qualify under felony murder. I can only see voluntarily admitting to this as part of a plea deal rather than going on record with this without a plea deal as then you're just handing the DA a confession. Also Hanover has blocked a potential defense of saying that DW was invited over there and didn't know what was going on (no felony murder because he didn't conspire to commit the underlying felony as he was just there to party until he went inside and found out what was going on) by admitting he was part of the criminal conspiracy by saying he was small player in the criminal conspiracy. I think DW would have to have some really juicy criminal info and sing as otherwise his own former lawyer cooked his goose just with his statements alone.

My take on it is that Hanover is hinting that he does know facts that LE do not know but they are protected as attorney/client privileged. The DA can't use it but Hanover is confirming to the public but also to LE that more than one person was involved. It should put to rest the speculation that no other arrests means DW acted alone.

JMO

DDDW knows how to play the court system. It's a game to him.

Look at his cases that stretched on for YEARS and YEARs and were dismissed.
And look at the ones that are still active after YEARS and YEARS.

This one won't be dismissed.

Very frustrating. Can he continue to hire and fire attorneys indefinitely? At what point does the judge say "NO MORE!"?

No death penalty in DC.

My take on it is that Hanover is hinting that he does know facts that LE do not know but they are protected as attorney/client privileged. The DA can't use it but Hanover is confirming to the public but also to LE that more than one person was involved. It should put to rest the speculation that no other arrests means DW acted alone.

JMO

I also heard Hanover claiming that DW is not a violent man. Therefore, the speculation that DW is a violent man should be put to rest.

No death penalty in DC.

Plus, Wint can't do a thing about Hanover expressing his opinion which I believe LE finds helpful rather than "reckless." Maybe he should have winked when he said it.

JMO

JMO

I'm talking about purely his statement made on the news when Hanover no longer represented DW. That post-firing press conference was damning for DW irrespective of any other statements made that wouldn't be admissible. Just play the jury DW's own ex-lawyer's press conference saying that DW was there and was a cog in a criminal conspiracy as evidence to convict him of felony murder. I think Hanover had a strategy, but it seems like he doesn't understand felony murder to know his hints also serve as a confession. Ficker was a nutty whackjob, but he at least had the sense not to voluntarily admit that DW had any of the elements necessary to establish felony murder.

Has LE tied that boot print to DW? Has anyone found the charge where DW received stolen property? I haven't been able to find it in DC or MD. I've heard it mentioned, but would like to see it for myself.

In the former charge in DC, Wint told the arresting officer that his name was Steffon Wint. That name doesn't appear in DC court records either. Maybe we're looking in the wrong court for this entry.

I was really surprised to find this, while looking for something else:
Our Facilities Security Officer can answer any specific questions you may have.
Do you think that refers only to sites where they are working or to the headquarters itself?
http://www.zoominfo.com/s/#!search/profile/company?companyId=12751248&targetid=profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz