DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 77507
Marina Marraco ‏@MarinaMarraco 5h5 hours ago @fox5newsdc
Former attorney says he didn't know "firing" was official until Judge called them up to bench-- despite having had convo with #Wint this am.

Does that mean Hanover expected the prelim to take place?

It likely means the Judge verbally informed him his request to withdraw was granted. I don't know if the public defender has to now re-request she be re-appointed or if it is automatic.

JMO

IMO It means that he and his client were not communicating. He had an earlier convo with DW and was unaware that he was being officially dismissed until everyone was called to the bench.

See Docket up post at 10:09 p.m. for court reporter notes.

I was really surprised to find this, while looking for something else:
Our Facilities Security Officer can answer any specific questions you may have.
Do you think that refers only to sites where they are working or to the headquarters itself?
http://www.zoominfo.com/s/#!search/profile/company?companyId=12751248&targetid=profile

From same link:
"AIW has continuously operated since 1948. Our staff of over 200 persons ... Our bonding capacity is in excess of one hundred million dollars and is provided by F&D/Zurich...."
"AIW has a division we call "Special Projects". We operate from a cleared facility and have cleared personnel. Our Facilities Security Officer can answer any specific questions you may have."
"AIW's erection crews are from Iron Workers Local #5 and are the most experienced men and women in the union."

Does this ^ mean 200 AIW employees in home office/HQ plus union crews at work sites/projects?

Cleared facility? Cleared personnel? Stems from Executive Order 12829
http://www.dss.mil/isp/fac_clear/fac_clear_check.html
http://www.dss.mil/isp/fac_clear/per_sec_clear_proc_faqs.html
^ suggests cleared facilities do not just hire ppl off street corners. What else? Anything relating to case?

Where do welders fit into AIW's pix? Does any of this explain why DDW's past AIW employment is relevant,
other than his (presumed) personal ill-will re leaving AIW? Or others' past emp, if any?

Is there a union angle in here somewhere? Not saying any there's any connection, just walking in the weeds & looking for something that has not been discussed here before.

IMO It means that he and his client were not communicating. He had an earlier convo with DW and was unaware that he was being officially dismissed until everyone was called to the bench.

Hanover's involvement has been odd from the beginning because he said Wint's family retained him but never said Wint agreed to it. It is similar to that previous outspoken attorney who let us know Wint doesn't like pizza and met with him but Wint didn't retain him. I have to wonder if Wint has a rock solid alibi that covers the time the video of man in hoodie with bucket was taken.

JMO

But that's not a defense against felony murder! Crazy!

I wonder if it may be that LE is about to change their theory. That they may now think DW did act alone. So Hanover was going to argue "hey...early on they said he must have had accomplices to carry this out"..

But that's not a defense against felony murder! Crazy!

Actually, it is a defense if only Wint is charged with murder. LE has said all along that they believe others were also involved. The prosecutor needs to make some more arrests.

If the defense has evidence in the unknown print from the water bottle and possibly has an alibi that covers the Porsche burning, the prosecutor has a heavier burden to prove DW held the ball bat and the knife and started the fire.

JMO

Actually, it is a defense if only Wint is charged with murder. LE has said all along that they believe others were also involved. The prosecutor needs to make some more arrests.

If the defense has evidence in the unknown print from the water bottle and possibly has an alibi that covers the Porsche burning, the prosecutor has a heavier burden to prove DW held the ball bat and the knife and started the fire.

JMO

He doesn't have to hold the bat or start the fire. He just has to be there, participating in any criminal activity leading up to/during the crime. If you drive the getaway car for an armed robbery and your partner ends up shooting and killing the cashier, you are equally guilty of felony murder.

Within a day or so or deaths, LE said they believe more than just one person was involved, including a presser at which Chief of Police confirmed that thought. Did a S/Wrrt include a stmt to that effect?

What was the most recent date in which officials repeated 'more than one' or 'DDW had help' theory? Who? Thx in adv.

He doesn't have to hold the bat or start the fire. He just has to be there, participating in any criminal activity leading up to/during the crime. If you drive the getaway car for an armed robbery and your partner ends up shooting and killing the cashier, you are equally guilty of felony murder.

Wint is only charged with murder not with any other crime and nobody else has been charged. Your example of a bank robber does require the actual robbers to also be arrested. Otherwise driving a car isn't proof of anything at all.

What is the evidence Wint was in that house at the time of the murders? Maybe he was caught on camera far away.

JMO

Within a day or so or deaths, LE said they believe more than just one person was involved, including a presser at which Chief of Police confirmed that thought. Did a S/Wrrt include a stmt to that effect?

What was the most recent date in which officials repeated 'more than one' or 'DDW had help' theory? Who? Thx in adv.

It doesn't matter. The Chief can't lie about something like that because the public has a right to know that they suspect others were involved. <modsnip>

JMO

This is now the only reference I find to DW using Steffon Wint as an alias. It's from the Charging Docs. Grrrr. It's driving me nuts, because I've seen the Case Summary before.

DW Steffon per chargingdoc.jpg

ETA: when I searched MPD case search - most of the results concerned Multiple Personality Disorder. A defense I was sure Hanover was going with. We would be surprised to have heard that the "others who were out there" were only in his head telling him what to do. Still, no new light for DW because I'd expect any defense to have to be outrageous.

I've wondered if they thought that at the time because it was so egregious that they couldn't wrap their minds around a single killer. We "believe" is just as noncommittal as some of our theories. It's a safe word to use when you're pretty sure, but not sure enough or have evidence to support a declarative.

This is now the only reference I find to DW using Steffon Wint as an alias. It's from the Charging Docs. Grrrr. It's driving me nuts, because I've seen the Case Summary before.

View attachment 77509

It would not surprise me if the prosecutor is blocking public access to any data base containing current criminal cases affecting Wint because it might reveal other suspects currently under investigation for this crime. They have yet to tell us the names of DW's brother and cousin they are investigating or the two women with Wint when arrested.

JMO

I've wondered if they thought that at the time because it was so egregious that they couldn't wrap their minds around a single killer. We "believe" is just as noncommittal as some of our theories. It's a safe word to use when you're pretty sure, but not sure enough or have evidence to support a declarative.

The Chief is responsible for public safety and if she believed that Wint acted alone, she'd say so. Kinda hard to believe it if they found an unknown print on a water bottle.

JMO

This is strange. Wonder if someone other than DW was using the alias Steffon Wint. When they realized it, the case disappeared from view like another possible arrest warrant...

Brings to mind "The Importance of Being Earnest". Also, I've read three books so far in my life where a bad guy character was named Victor Maitland - different authors, different stories. None of those were Beverly Hills Cop, lol, so that now makes four with that name.

Steffon could be the generic "arrested name to give" to see if they could get away with it. :D

DOH! I completely forgot that Steffon is a brother's name. Possibly one with little or no arrest record so booking wouldn't see 39 crimes. Poor Steffon, getting his name involved and mucking up his life potentially. Identity theft.

I was really surprised to find this, while looking for something else:
Our Facilities Security Officer can answer any specific questions you may have.
Do you think that refers only to sites where they are working or to the headquarters itself?
http://www.zoominfo.com/s/#!search/profile/company?companyId=12751248&targetid=profile
FSO is an almost clerical position at fedgov shops. The FSO, at a minimum, is the person who facilitates filing for background investigations for workers who require a government clearance and assuring compliance with fedgov security requirements (locks, solid rather than partition walls, IDs, etc., at cleared facilities). An FSO can have more responsibility, but often this is all they do at fedgov contractor offices.

Lots of companies that do fedgov contracting have a special division, like "special projects". It often is a secured space within a regular office space with special access controls. This would be where fedgov building blueprints, for example, other such sensitive materials had to be kept. The FSO would be accountable for access to this space. Cleared contract workers can do other projects in addition to and between fedgov contracts, so long as fedgov timekeeping requirements are met.

Curiouser and curiouser. No search results at all right now for Daron - no matter how I filter or not filter. The other's show up, but not our guy. Maybe it's me. Yesterday I noticed that I got different results at different points during the day. Are records updated continually throughout the day?

Anywho. Very odd. No results for Daron Darron D

update: 7:11: Some results now show, but not the record of him receiving stolen goods and using Steffon as an alias. I know it was there a couple of days ago. I wish I'd screenshot so many things because some disappear and some change.

An example of articles changing more than just an 'update': The original article shown here via GoogleCache and hard to read because of colors/contrast (tip: highlight and drag to select the text and it'll show up better against the background.) mentions an arrest including a charge for stolen property.

The same article at a later date omits the word 'stolen' when referring the arrest and has been rewritten. I hate when people do that. Change the article significantly without any reference to deleted material. It always reminds me of 1985 "We've always been at war with Eastasia" (or Oceania, take yer pick)

This is the rewrite: [video=cnn;us/2015/06/23/new-details-in-d-c-mansion-killings-brown-dnt-lead.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/23/politics/daron-wint-dc-mansion-murder-cnn-documentary/index.html

I wonder Wint also has committed crimes in NoVA. MPD database searches also search there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcee