DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see where you are getting that the Chief lied. She's bee scrupulous. If they've changed their theory -- and there's no reason to think they have -- thats not lying. Plus the public doesn't have a right to know.

Yes. If after more investigation LE believes DW acted alone then that's what will be presented in court. If investigation reveals others helped then there will be others charged.
Yesterday marked seven weeks since the murders and there has been no one else arrested.

Try Vinelink for incarceration info. I'm curious if computer systems are glitching one another regarding daron/steffon. Search both in vinelink and check details.

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/initSearchForm.do?siteId=9900

or vinelink.com and start from the beginning.
Vinelink shows Steffon's (DW) current incarceration and aliases he has used but does not show historical data.

WINT, STEFFON (Alias) 11/27/1980 34 In Custody Central Detention Facility DC Department of Corrections
Offender Name: DARON D WINT Offender ID: 349755 Date of Birth: 11/27/1980 Age: 34
Race: African American Gender: Male Custody Status: In Custody
Location of Offender: Central Detention Facility

I agree with you that it creates expectations in us. I was hoping that we would learn more today as some evidence would have been presented if Hanover remained as his lawyer :( at least that was in one of the news reports. I was looking forward to tweets tweets tweets of all kinds of evidence.

Yes, DW seems to be a master at dragging out would should be some simple cases, so I can imagine what can come up to drag this out.

The difference is, he is locked up for this case. So let him drag it on for years, and who cares, as long as he remains locked up.

Yes. If after more investigation LE believes DW acted alone then that's what will be presented in court. If investigation reveals others helped then there will be others charged.
Yesterday marked seven weeks since the murders and there has been no one else arrested.

I am surprised that nobody else has been arrested. Maybe LE was mistaken in their belief DW had accomplices? If not, I hope the arrests are coming soon.

The difference is, he is locked up for this case. So let him drag it on for years, and who cares, as long as he remains locked up.

yes, as long as he is locked up, he is not a risk to the public of course but I imagine it will be even more difficult for the victims' families and friends the longer he drags on this case.

Vinelink shows Steffon's (DW) current incarceration and aliases he has used but does not show historical data.

WINT, STEFFON (Alias) 11/27/1980 34 In Custody Central Detention Facility DC Department of Corrections
Offender Name: DARON D WINT Offender ID: 349755 Date of Birth: 11/27/1980 Age: 34

Just looked at that. Could only find DC.

Did find a 4th Degree burglary and malicious property damage for Darin Dylon Wint same DOB and physical description as DDDW, 2010. So I don't think the S house was his first rodeo...and 2 peace orders from the same week.

Case Number: 2E00402649Tracking No:091002130811
Case Type: CRIMINAL
District Code: 05Location Code:01
Document Type: WARRANTIssued Date:02/23/2010
Case Status: CLOSEDCase Disposition:JURY TRIAL PRAYED

And this this probably really old news about the machete/be gun but the words "domestic violence" and "hate crime" appear on this LE statement of probable cause ..tweeted by Marina Marraco in May...

https://mobile.twitter.com/marinamarraco/status/601571025340518400

Marina Marraco
Marina Marraco – ‏@MarinaMarraco

Court records show Darin Wint was arrested in 2010 for carrying a machete & bb gun outside Savopolous' business, AIW
Embedded image
7:11 PM - 21 May 2015

I care because I think others are out there.

Yes and using the name Steffon in the search, incarceration info returns for Daron. The system defaults to Daron. Vinelink will only show incarceration facility, one can be notified of moves made to a prisoner to different facilities by email notification. Seems to me two real people could easily be confused in this default system

He doesn't need to prove DW held the bat, only that he was a part of the underlying felony, the break-in.

Wint is charged only with murder. This case is far from the slam dunk some think it to be.

It must be proved beyond a reasonable doubt that he killed all four. I'm pretty sure the jury expects evidence he is the one who swung the bat, held the knife, etc.

JMO

I don't see where you are getting that the Chief lied. She's bee scrupulous. If they've changed their theory -- and there's no reason to think they have -- thats not lying. Plus the public doesn't have a right to know.

I never said in my post that the Chief lied. And I totally disagree that the public doesn't have a right to know if LE believes Wint did not act alone. Other suspects are still at large. She wouldn't have said it to begin with if the public didn't have a right to know.

JMO

I don't care which individual swung the bat or held the knife. I want every single one of them charged with Felony Murder. If I have any proof any one was inside the home during the home invasion that person is a murderer.

He doesn't have to hold the bat or start the fire. He just has to be there, participating in any criminal activity leading up to/during the crime. If you drive the getaway car for an armed robbery and your partner ends up shooting and killing the cashier, you are equally guilty of felony murder.

That's not quite correct. You have to be participating in a qualifying felony (usually violent/dangerous), like if you were engaged in misdemeanor petty theft that wouldn't qualify as there is no underlying felony nor in most jurisdictions would a felony like check fraud qualify. With the home invasion I don't know a safe crime that DW could admit though that wouldn't qualify under felony murder.

Wint is charged only with murder. This case is far from the slam dunk some think it to be.

It must be proved beyond a reasonable doubt that he killed all four. I'm pretty sure the jury expects evidence he is the one who swung the bat, held the knife, etc.

JMO

It's felony first degree murder, so they don't have to prove anything of the sort. I don't know why they jury would expect evidence that he directly swung the bat. That's not necessary for felony murder.

All have screws loose to say the least. IMO.

It might be that there are cultural issues because Wint is from a foreign country. This crime happened during a time of civil unrest with all law enforcement painted with the same brush no matter their race. A chip on his shoulder could be why Wint is refusing to engage a Caucasian attorney. Too many factors still unknown...

JMO

It's felony first degree murder, so they don't have to prove anything of the sort. I don't know why they jury would expect evidence that he directly swung the bat. That's not necessary for felony murder.

It is my opinion that they do have to prove it beyond just placing him in the house. I'll agree to disagree and move on.

JMO

JMO

For Felony Murder you only have to prove that someone was part of an underlying qualifying felony that resulted is someone getting killed. This is why getaway drivers for bank robberies can be tried for murder even though they weren't in the bank when one of the robbers killed a bank customer.

For Felony Murder you only have to prove that someone was part of an underlying qualifying felony that resulted is someone getting killed. This is why getaway drivers for bank robberies can be tried for murder even though they weren't in the bank when one of the robbers killed a bank customer.

Not all bank robberies involve murder so I'm not sure of your point. How is just a getaway driver charged if they don't have other perps in custody?

I'm pretty sure a getaway driver is only charged with being part of the crimes actually committed. So far, Wint and only Wint has been charged.

JMO

Here's DC's Felony First Degree Murder (31 Stat. 1321; D.C. Code § 22-240):

"Whoever, being of sound memory and discretion, kills another purposely, either of
deliberate and premeditated malice or by means of poison, or in perpetrating or attempting to
perpetrate an offense punishable by imprisonment in the penitentiary, or without purpose to do
so kills another in perpetrating or in attempting to perpetrate any arson, as defined in section 820
or 821, first degree sexual abuse, first degree child sexual abuse, first degree cruelty to children,
mayhem, robbery, or kidnaping, or in perpetrating or attempting to perpetrate any housebreaking
while armed with or using a dangerous weapon, or in perpetrating or attempting to perpetrate a
felony involving a controlled substance, is guilty of murder in the first degree."

http://openlims.org/public/L12-113.pdf

Wint's charging docs say he struck and stabbed SS with an unknown object. I think they have evidence of such. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1