DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There already is more than DNA on the pizza. There was his DNA in other areas of the crime scene. There was blood from the murder scene found on his shoes. And he had many hundred dollar bills on him when he was arrested, which were consistent with the denomination of the ransom money. And he took a very expensive cab ride from DC to NYC on the night of the murders. And when he saw himself on the news, he told his gf and his family that he was turning himself in. And apparently he told his ex-attorney that he was there but he was not the only one there.

Just to keep things as kosher as possible, he took a bus from DC to NYC after hearing he was wanted for the crime, a few days after the murders. Took the Uber/whatever ride back from NYC to DC. That is all. :)

It might be that there are cultural issues because Wint is from a foreign country. This crime happened during a time of civil unrest with all law enforcement painted with the same brush no matter their race. A chip on his shoulder could be why Wint is refusing to engage a Caucasian attorney. Too many factors still unknown...

JMO

A caucasian lawyer has represented him several times.

Just looked at that. Could only find DC.

Did find a 4th Degree burglary and malicious property damage for Darin Dylon Wint same DOB and physical description as DDDW, 2010. So I don't think the S house was his first rodeo...and 2 peace orders from the same week.

Case Number: 2E00402649Tracking No:091002130811
Case Type: CRIMINAL
District Code: 05Location Code:01
Document Type: WARRANTIssued Date:02/23/2010
Case Status: CLOSEDCase Disposition:JURY TRIAL PRAYED
Same perp. All three of those cases arose out of a fight he had with his girlfriend. He beat her up then she got a peace order against him. He came back and broke into her apartment and stole her TV. He served one-month in jail and two years probation.

Here's DC's Felony First Degree Murder (31 Stat. 1321; D.C. Code § 22-240):

"Whoever, being of sound memory and discretion, kills another purposely, either of
deliberate and premeditated malice or by means of poison, or in perpetrating or attempting to
perpetrate an offense punishable by imprisonment in the penitentiary, or without purpose to do
so kills another in perpetrating or in attempting to perpetrate any arson, as defined in section 820
or 821, first degree sexual abuse, first degree child sexual abuse, first degree cruelty to children,
mayhem, robbery, or kidnaping, or in perpetrating or attempting to perpetrate any housebreaking
while armed with or using a dangerous weapon, or in perpetrating or attempting to perpetrate a
felony involving a controlled substance, is guilty of murder in the first degree."

http://openlims.org/public/L12-113.pdf

I don't know of course, but from some of what we have read and heard it seems the above , at least in large part,could possibly sum up this whole, terrible and extremely horrifying murderous event?

There already is more than DNA on the pizza. There was his DNA in other areas of the crime scene. There was blood from the murder scene found on his shoes. And he had many hundred dollar bills on him when he was arrested, which were consistent with the denomination of the ransom money. And he took a very expensive cab ride from DC to NYC on the night of the murders. And when he saw himself on the news, he told his gf and his family that he was turning himself in. And apparently he told his ex-attorney that he was there but he was not the only one there.

Agree with all that you stated except he apparently took a bus from DC to NY. The cab ride was his return trip from NY to DC on 21/05.

Yes and using the name Steffon in the search, incarceration info returns for Daron. The system defaults to Daron. Vinelink will only show incarceration facility, one can be notified of moves made to a prisoner to different facilities by email notification. Seems to me two real people could easily be confused in this default system

This is what gets me: it seems as though there are many points of entry that can be fudged, deliberately misleading, or simply incorrect input.

The criminal can and does lie about Name, Residence, Height, Weight and Birth Date.

The booking officer seems to accept the information as the truth and is input as stated, or

the booking officer is dyslexic, a bad speller, naive or has fat fingers when inputting information.

Who does fact checking or verification of any kind? Is it laziness to not look up to see the height and weight don't match what the criminal is stating?

Who doesn't notice that your eyes say the defendant is 5' 3" in real life, but on paper he's 6' 1"?

The name issue can be deliberately and completely false, or just a little bit by fudging misspelling his/her own name.

Again, the booking officer can be: see above.

I've seen Wints booked using each others birthdates and names, but the physical descriptions don't match, so who can't determine a difference in height of 4 and 5"?

I've seen some use a name combination of three different relatives.

ETA: with technology available today (for a long time actually) why can't a fingerprint scan immediately tell LE who they've got in custody regardless of what the criminal says as long as they've been processed before.

That is your opinion, not fact.

It's clearly stated it is my opinion.

I don't know of a single "culture" where torturing and murdering four people, including a 10 year-old child, is acceptable. What possible cultural issues would make DW less culpable, if the evidence shows he is guilty of felony murder? Do we know the "race" of his public defenders? He did engage a caucasian attorney. The court would not have allowed Hanover to replace the public defenders if Wint hadn't agreed to it.

This is what gets me: it seems as though there are many points of entry that can be fudged, deliberately misleading, or simply incorrect input.

The criminal can and does lie about Name, Residence, Height, Weight and Birth Date.

The booking officer seems to accept the information as the truth and is input as stated, or

the booking officer is dyslexic, a bad speller, naive or has fat fingers when inputting information.

Who does fact checking or verification of any kind? Is it laziness to not look up to see the height and weight don't match what the criminal is stating?

Who doesn't notice that the documents say the defendant is 5' 3" in real life, but on paper he's 6' 1"?

The name issue can be deliberately and completely false, fudging a little bit by misspelling his/her own name.

Again, the booking officer can be: see above.

I've seen Wints booked using each others birthdates and names, but the physical descriptions don't match, so who can't determine a difference in height of 4 and 5"?

I've seen some use a name combination of three different relatives.

ETA: with technology available today (for a long time actually) why can't a fingerprint scan immediately tell LE who they've got in custody regardless of what the criminal says as long as they've been processed before.

Agree! I've also seen them give different addresses for different crimes even though they were booked on the same day in the same jurisdiction!

I don't know of a single "culture" where torturing and murdering four people, including a 10 year-old child, is acceptable. What possible cultural issues would make DW less culpable, if the evidence shows he is guilty of felony murder? Do we know the "race" of his public defenders? He did engage a caucasian attorney. The court would not have allowed Hanover to replace the public defenders if Wint hadn't agreed to it.

Last time I looked, Ficker qualifies as caucasion. He's also had several public defenders over the years - you pays yer money, you takes yer chances.

No money = Public Defender = No Choice of anything.

Wow. My comment about culture had nothing whatsoever to do with culpability and I think you know that. It had to do with Wint's trust of others of a different nationality and ethnicity to treat Wint fairly. You seem to conveniently ignore the fact that the court allowed Wint to fire Hanover. Since you seem to intentionally miss my point in order to misrepresent it, it's best I should not respond further and will scroll and roll.

Have a nice holiday.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mansion-murder-suspects-lawyer-fired-wint-intended-harm/story?id=32194209

This is really irresponsible reporting. DW was outside AIW as much as he was outside 5 Star Auto, Progressive Water Solutions, People's Supply and Public Storage, amongst others. I wish they would report the news instead of spinning it and give us credit for being smart enough to draw our own connections/conclusions.

Perhaps someone from from AIW called LE about a suspicious person, but didn't want to get involved, like so many people...as a child I remember the seeing news reports about the Kitty Genovese Murder...
And maybe someone can explain why the terms domestic violence and hate crime would be used in the police report. They are crimes against people, not against things. Right?

OT- we got a new rescue dog today! Gotta go!

Wow! A lot has happened in 2 days! Going to take me a bit to catch up! [emoji433]. I'll read while looking at this.........on a mini vacation!

7cd41d2d283025bc42f0f54d2b7aa245.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It might be that there are cultural issues because Wint is from a foreign country. This crime happened during a time of civil unrest with all law enforcement painted with the same brush no matter their race. A chip on his shoulder could be why Wint is refusing to engage a Caucasian attorney. Too many factors still unknown...
JMO

DW, various lawyers in the case as well as others not permitted to be discussed have way more than cultural issues. All you have to do is look at all the cases against DW to know it has nothing to do with culture and everything to do with how he is as a person in this world. Nobody halfway normal has all this stuff in their criminal/domestic/civil/traffic violation history. The previous Caucasian attorneys have done quite well by him, IMO. Don't know why he'd have a problem now.

I'll share my opinion with you. I think someone was recognized, however we do not know all the players at this time. A person or persons unknown to us/me.

There are others that post here that believe DW worked alone, or a strong possibility that DW worked alone. In no way do I believe they are incorrect with their thinking. That theory is just as valid as mine, that DW had partners. We do not know, however there is good debate for both beliefs.

I'm thinking when more facts come out, there will be new players involved.

Ditto. What you said. I need more players or more of a connection between people before I can figure out who that person or persons are.

Wow. My comment about culture had nothing whatsoever to do with culpability and I think you know that. It had to do with Wint's trust of others of a different nationality and ethnicity to treat Wint fairly. You seem to conveniently ignore the fact that the court allowed Wint to fire Hanover. Since you seem to intentionally miss my point in order to misrepresent it, it's best I should not respond further and will scroll and roll.

Have a nice holiday.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mansion-murder-suspects-lawyer-fired-wint-intended-harm/story?id=32194209

Originally Posted by MyBelle View Post

JMO

I honestly am not trying to misunderstand what you're saying. I read your post as saying DW's conviction might not be as "slam dunk" as we think because of cultural issues and civil unrest related to LE abuses and that DW was refusing to keep Hanover as his attorney because he's white. I'm not ignoring the fact that DW fired him, but I'm also not ignoring the fact that he hired him. I really don't know what color skin his public defenders have, but I do know that at least one of his previous private attorneys, who he used more than once in traffic cases, appears to be caucasian. DW fired his public defenders and now they've been reassigned to him. I just don't see what the race of his attorneys has to do with reasonable doubt in felony murder. I think I must have read your posts as responding to a different conversation than the one I thought.

Do we even know if DW's PDS lawyers aren't white?

Absurd. He fired his lawyer because he learned -- either by actually talking to the guy or because someone has been reading the press and reported to him or because someone in the jail clued him in -- that his lawyer was completely out of his league AND that PDS has the best public defenders in the country. Firing his lawyer was completely unsurprising. hiring him in the first place was the surprise.

Please stop the bickering. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Roll and scroll or use your ignore button. Thanks!

I think he can be disbarred by talking about the case. Maybe after the trial is done he could write a book? I think there are some people in this thread who know the legal system well. Maybe the will weigh in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without a clients permission.....which I don't see happening, he can never write a book or discuss privileged information......with anyone.

OTPTarheel said:
And this this probably really old news about the machete/be gun but the words "domestic violence" and "hate crime" appear on this LE statement of probable cause ..tweeted by Marina Marraco in May...
Court records show Darin Wint was arrested in 2010 for carrying a machete & bb gun outside Savopolous' business, AIW
This is really irresponsible reporting. DW was outside AIW as much as he was outside 5 Star Auto, Progressive Water Solutions, People's Supply and Public Storage, amongst others. I wish they would report the news instead of spinning it and give us credit for being smart enough to draw our own connections/conclusions.

I agree. IMO Although it's questionable why he was in that isolated industrial area, AIW employees would not necessarily see him. It is more plausible that employees at the Shell gas station phoned him in as a suspicious person. Here is a Google street view of where he was arrested, next to the dumpster at the Shell station on Route 295. Rotate this view around 180 degrees and you will see how far away the AIW facilities are.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.928...4!1siYKIbQL-pqzFVrEq5BdFsg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1