DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family as well as the law enforcement and fire fighters who were initially on the scene. I hope and trust that the fire fighters have good counselling support after what they witnessed as they wouldn't expect to find those four bodies at the horrible scene. I hope for the same support for all involved as likely they had never seen first hand such horror.

I do not know whether anyone else was involved other than D.W. and I am patiently waiting for more news/arrests as I am sure the citizens of D.C. definitely want to know. I join with all of you in the sorrow for the family and I'll admit I am still stunned at the horror that happened in that house. JMO

I agree. IMO Although it's questionable why he was in that isolated industrial area, AIW employees would not necessarily see him. It is more plausible that employees at the Shell gas station phoned him in as a suspicious person. Here is a Google street view of where he was arrested, next to the dumpster at the Shell station on Route 295. Rotate this view around 180 degrees and you will see how far away the AIW facilities are.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.928...4!1siYKIbQL-pqzFVrEq5BdFsg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

The Shell station is pretty close, but 5 Star Auto is even closer. If the dumpster is in the same place as it was then, he would have been practically in the 5 Star Auto parking lot.

I also heard Hanover claiming that DW is not a violent man. Therefore, the speculation that DW is a violent man should be put to rest.

Fortunately, the prison system within has one for people who murder children.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do we even know if DW's PDS lawyers aren't white?

Absurd. He fired his lawyer because he learned -- either by actually talking to the guy or because someone has been reading the press and reported to him or because someone in the jail clued him in -- that his lawyer was completely out of his league AND that PDS has the best public defenders in the country. Firing his lawyer was completely unsurprising. hiring him in the first place was the surprise.
Actually when you request a public defender you get the atty the DC Public Defender Service assigns to the case. You don't pick and choose. Arthur Ago was assigned to Wint's case and he happens to be Asian American. Washington DC is an equal employment opportunity employer.

From HastingsChi: Post 779*, re-spaced & reformatted a bit, w bbm rbm.
Hoping I've spaced correctly and if not, someone will correct.

“
D.C. Code section 22-2401—murder in the first degree”.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA,
That this act may becited as the "Felony Murder Amendment Act of 1997...."

"Whoever, being of sound memory and discretion,
---kills another purposely, either of
deliberate and premeditated malice or by means of poison, or in perpetrating or attempting to perpetrate an offense punishable by imprisonment in the penitentiary, or
---without purpose to do so kills another in perpetrating or in attempting to perpetrate:
[felonies & attempted felonies which raise unintended killing to 1st degree murder; poss.'s for DW & chums, imo]
- any arson, as defined in section 820 or 821,
- first degree sexual abuse,
- first degree child sexual abuse,
- first degree cruelty to children,
- mayhem,
-
robbery, or
-
kidnaping, or
- in perpetrating or attempting to perpetrate any
housebreaking while armed with or using a dangerous weapon, or
- in perpetrating or attempting to perpetrate a felony involving a
controlled substance,

is guilty of murder in the first degree." bbm rbm

Anyone think DDW was using controlled substance?
I wonder if future charges against DDW will include any underlying felony not included in for MrS' death.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
* HastingsChi post, setting forth the DC statute:
Here's DC's Felony First Degree Murder (31 Stat. 1321; D.C. Code § 22-240):
"Whoever, being of sound memory and discretion, kills another purposely, either of
deliberate and premeditated malice or by means of poison, or in perpetrating or attempting to
perpetrate an offense punishable by imprisonment in the penitentiary, or without purpose to do
so kills another in perpetrating or in attempting to perpetrate any arson, as defined in section 820
or 821, first degree sexual abuse, first degree child sexual abuse, first degree cruelty to children,
mayhem, robbery, or kidnaping, or in perpetrating or attempting to perpetrate any housebreaking
while armed with or using a dangerous weapon, or in perpetrating or attempting to perpetrate a
felony involving a controlled substance, is guilty of murder in the first degree."
http://openlims.org/public/L12-113.pdf

Apparently he is a non-violent man who hates pizza.

And charming enough you wouldn't mind him having tea with your grandmother. Absurd. I also find his "tongue-in-cheek" comments like DW not liking pizza, incredibly insensitive and disrespectful in light of the facts as we know them.

I could sort of understand not much info on his high school football, but you'd think there'd be something. And the internet was much more active post 2005 so you'd think for sure there'd be something about JW racing.

Is Go Kart racing a big deal on the net? Why would there be a lot of info about local Go Kart races?

The fact that we don't have a lot of info about JW makes him seem more innocent, not less innocent, imo.

Compare what info we have on the Wint's to what little we have on JW.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family as well as the law enforcement and fire fighters who were initially on the scene. I hope and trust that the fire fighters have good counselling support after what they witnessed as they wouldn't expect to find those four bodies at the horrible scene. I hope for the same support for all involved as likely they had never seen first hand such horror.

I do not know whether anyone else was involved other than D.W. and I am patiently waiting for more news/arrests as I am sure the citizens of D.C. definitely want to know. I join with all of you in the sorrow for the family and I'll admit I am still stunned at the horror that happened in that house. JMO

Thank you! I am watching Greta's special tonight regarding the Manson murders and the gruesomeness of that crime scene and reflected my thoughts to the Savopoulos' murder scene. It had to be one of the worst the firemen and law enforcement has seen. I don't know how Chief Lanier remained as composed as she appeared to be. I'm sure all the men and women who arrived upon that scene will forever be haunted by the evil that took place in a home once filled with love and laughter. I pray that the first responders can find peace and the family will be able to find solace with one another.

This is what gets me: it seems as though there are many points of entry that can be fudged, deliberately misleading, or simply incorrect input.

The criminal can and does lie about Name, Residence, Height, Weight and Birth Date.

The booking officer seems to accept the information as the truth and is input as stated, or

the booking officer is dyslexic, a bad speller, naive or has fat fingers when inputting information.

Who does fact checking or verification of any kind? Is it laziness to not look up to see the height and weight don't match what the criminal is stating?

Who doesn't notice that your eyes say the defendant is 5' 3" in real life, but on paper he's 6' 1"?

The name issue can be deliberately and completely false, or just a little bit by fudging misspelling his/her own name.

Again, the booking officer can be: see above.

I've seen Wints booked using each others birthdates and names, but the physical descriptions don't match, so who can't determine a difference in height of 4 and 5"?

I've seen some use a name combination of three different relatives.

ETA: with technology available today (for a long time actually) why can't a fingerprint scan immediately tell LE who they've got in custody regardless of what the criminal says as long as they've been processed before.

This is what gets me: it seems as though there are many points of entry that can be fudged, deliberately misleading, or simply incorrect input.

The criminal can and does lie about Name, Residence, Height, Weight and Birth Date.

The booking officer seems to accept the information as the truth and is input as stated, or

the booking officer is dyslexic, a bad speller, naive or has fat fingers when inputting information.

Who does fact checking or verification of any kind? Is it laziness to not look up to see the height and weight don't match what the criminal is stating?

Who doesn't notice that your eyes say the defendant is 5' 3" in real life, but on paper he's 6' 1"?

The name issue can be deliberately and completely false, or just a little bit by fudging misspelling his/her own name.

Again, the booking officer can be: see above.

I've seen Wints booked using each others birthdates and names, but the physical descriptions don't match, so who can't determine a difference in height of 4 and 5"?

I've seen some use a name combination of three different relatives.

ETA: with technology available today (for a long time actually) why can't a fingerprint scan immediately tell LE who they've got in custody regardless of what the criminal says as long as they've been processed before.

In our county, and I'm sure it's true in all agencies nationwide, if you're arrested and you give an alias name to law enforcement, that alias is now yours.....forever. It will always be cross matched with your true identity though. So, if you say your name is Charles Manson at booking.......you are now Darron Wint aka Charles Manson. Same thing with variations and/or spelling of a name, i.e., Darron, Daron, Darin, etc. those variations will also follow you in law enforcement as an "aka".

It is crazy that we can't instantly get identifying information with technology today.

Is Go Kart racing a big deal on the net? Why would there be a lot of info about local Go Kart races?

The fact that we don't have a lot of info about JW makes him seem more innocent, not less innocent, imo.

Everything is "a big deal on the net". Even those with the most niche hobbies are able to find likeminded hobbyists and create a community. "If it's not on Facebook or the internet it didn't happen."

I'm sorry. But the United States owes The victims a Trillion dollars.

Dw was here as guest via green card ir citizenship.

But due to his previous cases. The government still didn't send him back. So imo. The government allowed him to stay here. So they are complicit as well. Jmo

Everything is "a big deal on the net". Even those with the most niche hobbies are able to find likeminded hobbyists and create a community. "If it's not on Facebook or the internet it didn't happen."

Yep! Even people who have cast fetishes and amputee fetishes have their own little "niche".

It's pretty obscure, nothing would be reported in mainstream media. There are several forums for racers specialized by national, regional, racing class, etc. If you want to delve into this you can search for SCCA Kart Racing (not Cart, that's an Indy class). It will take intensive data mining to locate anything on JW. Possibly his point standing, races won, etc., "nothing meaty."

I'm sorry. But the United States owes The victims a Trillion dollars.

Dw was here as guest via green card ir citizenship.

But due to his previous cases. The government still didn't send him back. So imo. The government allowed him to stay here. So they are complicit as well. Jmo

This country has a lot of "tolerance" for criminals. I could get into all kinds of politics here.......but [emoji87]......

So if you have not found any mention of it then it didnt happen?

I find it kind of funny the way things work concerning JW. When some were saying that his lack of criminal history and lack of bad stories about him showed he was an OKAY guy, others said, NO, it just means we have not found it yet.

But when they cannot find any of his Go Kart info from a decade ago, that means it never happened?

It's pretty obscure, nothing would be reported in mainstream media. There are several forums for racers specialized by national, regional, racing class, etc. If you want to delve into this you can search for SCCA Kart Racing (not Cart, that's an Indy class). It will take intensive data mining to locate anything on JW. Possibly his point standing, races won, etc., "nothing meaty."

I found stuff on him re: kart racing, but none of it matched up with what he self-reported.

For example, he states on his Monster Army page (http://www.monsterarmy.com/members/jordanwallace/) that he raced in the Volta Grand Prix Series Racing Series 2010-Present and won a championship. A review of all the championship results from 2010-2015 provided the information below.

In his divisions (G2) here is how he placed:
2014 Volta Grand Prix Championship Series - didn't compete
2013 Volta Grand Prix Fall Series - 8th
2013 Volta Grand Prix Spring Series - 9th
2013 Volta Grand Prix Championship - 10th
2012 Volta Grand Prix Fall Series Standings - 2nd
2012 Volta Grand Prix Spring Series - 3rd
2012 Volta Grand Prix Championship - 2nd
2011 Volta Grand Prix Championship Standings - 3rd
2011 Volta Grand Prix Fall Series Standings - 3rd
2011 Volta Grand Prix Spring Series Standings - 4th
http://www.voltagp.com/

Investigation Discovery Channel has NEW special starting NOW eastern time on the New York Prison Break... "After the Break" or something like that.. house special... FYI sorry for O/T

I found stuff on him re: kart racing, but none of it matched up with what he self-reported.

For example, he states on his Monster Army page (http://www.monsterarmy.com/members/jordanwallace/) that he raced in the Volta Grand Prix Series Racing Series 2010-Present and won a championship. A review of all the championship results from 2010-2015 provided the information below.

In his divisions (G2) here is how he placed:
2013 Volta Grand Prix Fall Series - 8th
2013 Volta Grand Prix Spring Series - 9th
2013 Volta Grand Prix Championship - 10th
2012 Volta Grand Prix Fall Series Standings - 2nd
2012 Volta Grand Prix Spring Series - 3rd
2012 Volta Grand Prix Championship - 2nd
2011 Volta Grand Prix Championship Standings - 3rd
2011 Volta Grand Prix Fall Series Standings - 3rd
2011 Volta Grand Prix Spring Series Standings - 4th