DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the former charge in DC, Wint told the arresting officer that his name was Steffon Wint. That name doesn't appear in DC court records either. Maybe we're looking in the wrong court for this entry.

Was just looking at MD criminal history. In 2006 there was a civil filing for divorce under the name Steffon Wint. In Feb. 2015 there was a lien recorded against the same person. No DOB indicated however. Also, I believe I saw a charge against DW where he made a false statement or some such. Maybe relating to the false name, but charges actually filed under the DW name? I'll have to look again.

In the former charge in DC, Wint told the arresting officer that his name was Steffon Wint. That name doesn't appear in DC court records either. Maybe we're looking in the wrong court for this entry.

According to this:
[video=cnn;us/2015/06/23/new-details-in-d-c-mansion-killings-brown-dnt-lead.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/23/politics/daron-wint-dc-mansion-murder-cnn-documentary/index.html[/video]

DW was arrested in March and his prints were run by the Metropolitan Police Dept.

I'm talking about purely his statement made on the news when Hanover no longer represented DW. That post-firing press conference was damning for DW irrespective of any other statements made that wouldn't be admissible. Just play the jury DW's own ex-lawyer's press conference saying that DW was there and was a cog in a criminal conspiracy as evidence to convict him of felony murder. I think Hanover had a strategy, but it seems like he doesn't understand felony murder to know his hints also serve as a confession. Ficker was a nutty whackjob, but he at least had the sense not to voluntarily admit that DW had any of the elements necessary to establish felony murder.

Unless I missed something, I think LE has already made it clear they believe more than just Wint were involved. We also know Wint's own DNA and blood found on his shoe places him at the scene.

I do believe it is a strategy. It was Hanover's opinion and he is allowed to express it. It was helpful to DW, not damning because it brings more public pressure on the AUSA because those others are walking free.

Hanover may have been trying to strike a plea deal and was unsuccessful so he told Wint to fire him to buy Wint more time to strike a deal. Now that Hanover has publicly said Wint didn't act alone the public is going to be very concerned and will want to see more arrests very soon.

JMO

No death penalty in DC.
US Attorney is prosecuting the case. IMO If he can make a connection to federal statutes, e.g. gang involvement and resulting murder crime, Wint would be prosecuted as a federal crime. Federal statutes include death penalty.

Curiouser and curiouser. No search results at all right now for Daron - no matter how I filter or not filter. The other's show up, but not our guy. Maybe it's me. Yesterday I noticed that I got different results at different points during the day. Are records updated continually throughout the day?

Anywho. Very odd. No results for Daron Darron D

update: 7:11: Some results now show, but not the record of him receiving stolen goods and using Steffon as an alias. I know it was there a couple of days ago. I wish I'd screenshot so many things because some disappear and some change.

An example of articles changing more than just an 'update': The original article shown here via GoogleCache and hard to read because of colors/contrast (tip: highlight and drag to select the text and it'll show up better against the background.) mentions an arrest including a charge for stolen property.

The same article at a later date omits the word 'stolen' when referring the arrest and has been rewritten. I hate when people do that. Change the article significantly without any reference to deleted material. It always reminds me of 1985 "We've always been at war with Eastasia" (or Oceania, take yer pick)

This is the rewrite: [video=cnn;us/2015/06/23/new-details-in-d-c-mansion-killings-brown-dnt-lead.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/23/politics/daron-wint-dc-mansion-murder-cnn-documentary/index.html

Do you have a link?

I do not find where the contractor was quoted as saying no keypad.

I posted a link to the contractor quote upthread. He did not say "no keypad". He said the doors could not be opened manually, only electronically. He did not remember a keypad, but he did not make a strong statement like, "no keypad". His statement was focused on the fact that you couldn't just hoist the doors up.

I was really surprised to find this, while looking for something else:
Our Facilities Security Officer can answer any specific questions you may have.
Do you think that refers only to sites where they are working or to the headquarters itself?
http://www.zoominfo.com/s/#!search/profile/company?companyId=12751248&targetid=profile

My guess (which is just my opinion) is that they did have security for each job site. There is expensive heavy equipment and lots of liability at a construction site. Our contractors posted security at sites where we were building. But that's different than having a movie-like security staff whose job is to provide high-level personal security to people. It was really focused on the site, liability, and equipment.

I posted a link to the contractor quote upthread. He did not say "no keypad". He said the doors could not be opened manually, only electronically. He did not remember a keypad, but he did not make a strong statement like, "no keypad". His statement was focused on the fact that you couldn't just hoist the doors up.

Thank you. That is what I read as well, but there were statements made, here, that the contractor stated in his interview that there were no touchpads & I couldn't find that.

Marina Marraco.jpeg
Marina Marraco ‏@MarinaMarraco 5h5 hours ago @fox5newsdc
Former attorney says he didn't know "firing" was official until Judge called them up to bench-- despite having had convo with #Wint this am.

Has LE tied that boot print to DW? Has anyone found the charge where DW received stolen property? I haven't been able to find it in DC or MD. I've heard it mentioned, but would like to see it for myself.

Wasn't he arrested as Steffon for receiving stolen goods??

Curiouser and curiouser. No search results at all right now for Daron - no matter how I filter or not filter. The other's show up, but not our guy. Maybe it's me. Yesterday I noticed that I got different results at different points during the day. Are records updated continually throughout the day?

Anywho. Very odd. No results for Daron Darron D
Results are posted for today. Here are today's docket items.
07/02/2015 Event Resulted - Release Status: Event Resulted - Release Status: NO BOND
defendant motion for new counsel addressed, GRANTED by the court; previous counsels re-appointed to this case, praecipe filed; attorney J. Ohm stand-in for attorney A. Ago; defense oral motion to continue preliminary hearing addressed, GRANTED by court; case continued; come up issued.
AUSA - Laura Bach, Emily Miller

COURT REPORTER: Sherry Lindsay

The following event: Preliminary Hearing scheduled for 07/02/2015 at 2:15 pm has been resulted as follows:

Result: Status, Preliminary or Other Hearing Not Held
Judge: REID WINSTON, RHONDA Location: Courtroom 316
DARON D WINT (Defendant (Criminal)); ; NATALIE LAWSON (Attorney) on behalf of DARON D WINT (Defendant (Criminal)); SEAN R. HANOVER (Attorney) on behalf of DARON D WINT (Defendant (Criminal)); STEPHEN J SALWIERAK (Attorney) on behalf of DARON D WINT (Defendant (Criminal)); Judge RHONDA REID WINSTON
07/02/2015 Attorney Appointed/Dismissed Attorney Re-Appointed
Attorney Lawson, Natalie representing Defendant (Criminal) WINT, DARON D as of 07/02/2015
07/02/2015 Attorney Appointed/Dismissed Attorney Re-Appointed
Attorney Ago, Arthur representing Defendant (Criminal) WINT, DARON D as of 07/02/2015
07/02/2015 Attorney Appointed/Dismissed Dismissed
Attorney HANOVER, SEAN R. dismissed/withdrawn for WINT, DARON D on 07/02/2015
07/02/2015 Attorney Appointed/Dismissed Dismissed
Attorney SALWIERAK, STEPHEN J dismissed/withdrawn for WINT, DARON D on 07/02/2015
07/02/2015 Event Scheduled Event Scheduled
Event: Preliminary Hearing
Date: 07/20/2015 Time: 11:00 am
Judge: REID WINSTON, RHONDA Location: Courtroom 316
07/02/2015 Form Generated: Prisoner Return Form Generated: Prisoner Return

Prisoner Return
Sent on: 07/02/2015 14:50:30.87

View attachment 77507
Marina Marraco ‏@MarinaMarraco 5h5 hours ago @fox5newsdc
Former attorney says he didn't know "firing" was official until Judge called them up to bench-- despite having had convo with #Wint this am.

Mmmm.. That's because it's not official until the judge releases him ! typical lawyer speak

I also heard Hanover claiming that DW is not a violent man. Therefore, the speculation that DW is a violent man should be put to rest.

Apparently he is a non-violent man who hates pizza.

It was DCMPD that arrested him. This case does not appear in DC MD or VA.

I saw it a couple of days ago - the arrest was in the Maryland Court Case Search. It was under DW, but when you opened the file, it stated aka Steffon Wint. I can't find it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz