DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phones work faster....

People don't always react the way other people think they might.

We have no confirmed information to know whether Vera's husband attempted to contact any of Vera's perceived bosses and didn't connect, therefore taking it upon himself to investigate. Regardless, basing a belief in convoluted, and unconfirmed,speculation leads to prejudice.

Yes someone here found & linked DC building permit for garage & other work at S home.
IIRC, permit was issued ~spring 2013, and wd/hv/bn good for one yr, only until spring 2014.
If work was not completed by then, at least by ordinance (maybe not in practice) they sh/hv applied for new permit (or renewal?).
In seeing ^ pix w crime scene tape, taken in May, right, I was surprised to see those 2 contractor signs still in driveway.)

Briefly, yes, garage work sh/hv/bn completed before JW started working for Mr S.

(No time ATM to look for my own post about this, w links to permit date, etc. I wanna say my posting was ~ 2 wks after deaths)

The early reports on this mentioned that there had been recent work done. I don't remember the exact phrase used, but when this incident was first reported, it talked about how there was recent contracting activity. Also if you look at Google StreetView from 2014 neither of those contractor signs are in the driveway.

I think NG knew about the content of Amy's call to SS because NG was involved in this crime and not because she was with SS when the call came in.

JMO

Wednesday really bothers me because it's never been made clear who was where and for how long. Supposedly JW, SS and NG were there but it isn't clear if they each took their own car or who rode with who and for that matter how they each got home. Per NG JW left before SS and NG hasn't said AFAIK whether she got a ride with SS, had her own car or what. I'd really like to know everyone who was at the dojo on Wednesday including contractors, AIW employees, etc. NG not having been told of the dojo lessens my suspicions of her, but I think whoever was involved did know about the dojo and knew that SS was preoccupied there before the capturing of the others.

I have been checking the MD Court Cases frequently. There are some very interesting updates posted in the past week. You will have to cast a wide net and dig deep to see the updates. I believe specific case discussion is not permitted here even though this is official LE data.

Interesting yes! So a bunch of DW traffic cases from 2005 are either still or newly Awaiting Circuit Court Disposition.

What does awaiting circuit court disposition mean in Maryland?
In Maryland, traffic violations are heard in the District Court, which does NOT have any jury trials--all of the trials are decided by the judge. For some traffic violations, the defendant is entitled to a jury trial, if he or she wants one. When the person asks for a jury trial (called a "jury demand"), the case must be sent to the Circuit Court where there are juries able to hear the case. When this happens, the case is "forwarded to Circuit Court." The District Court will not know the outcome ("disposition") of the case until it has been resolved in the Circuit Court and the Clerk of the Circuit Court notifies the Clerk of the District Court of the outcome. When this happens, the District Court website will say "Awaiting Circuit Court Disposition." You will need to look up the case information in Circuit Court to find out what happened. The Circuit Court case number will be different than the District Court case number. You can find the Circuit Court case information by searching by the defendant's name and selecting the options for "circuit court only" and the county in which the case is charged.

Also what does this mean: Case Disposition: Jury Trial Prayed (Ficker on this one)
{deleted link}

this one looks familiar: deadly weapon, alc bev
{deleted link}

ETA: to say I copied that info on awaiting court disposition from a legal website - shhhh.

I feel like he probably did both. I'm sure NG conveniently didn't pick up that call either.

I hope LE is pouring over her comments because she is tripping all over herself. She claims she usually worked Tuesdays and Thursdays at the SS home so why did she have a gig somewhere else on Thursday? Why hadn't NG already left for the S home by 10 am when AS texted her?

In this news article, NG claims the first thing she did after listening to SS message asking her to phone Vera's family was to phone Vera. Why wouldn't she phone Vera's husband as requested by SS?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dc-mansion...details-mysterious-timeline/story?id=31694233

I would love to track better the implications of this conversation. Does this mean that JW has had a bunch of traffic violations? That doesn't seem so bad, unless the specific violations led to a suspicion of him driving around stolen cars.

I think NG knew about the content of Amy's call to SS because NG was involved in this crime and not because she was with SS when the call came in.

JMO

I don't think they are mutually exclusive. If she WAS involved, it would be better for her to have an alibi, working at the dojo. JMO

Phones work faster....

But he couldn't reach SS or VF by phone. We don't know if he tried to reach NG but couldn't. I can't remember when NG said she talked to AB - before or after the fire?

Kammie, the traffic court violations are for DW, not JW.

Yes, it works in my opinion. Philip may very well have alerted his parents to the photos taken by JW. Were JW and PS still friends? Philip had moved beyond JW as far as his future racing career. I think Amy and Savvas would have been disturbed by the personal photos of the vehicles because the friends of Amy and Savvas were shocked to see the pictures and I believe they were disturbed by the photos too.

bbm

I'm confused, how do we know friends were shocked to see pictures of the S cars? Where does this info come from? What did I miss?

Wednesday really bothers me because it's never been made clear who was where and for how long. Supposedly JW, SS and NG were there but it isn't clear if they each took their own car or who rode with who and for that matter how they each got home. Per NG JW left before SS and NG hasn't said AFAIK whether she got a ride with SS, had her own car or what. I'd really like to know everyone who was at the dojo on Wednesday including contractors, AIW employees, etc. NG not having been told of the dojo lessens my suspicions of her, but I think whoever was involved did know about the dojo and knew that SS was preoccupied there before the capturing of the others.

Since SS employed a driver, would it not make sense that the driver, rather than SS provided NG's transportation? She claimed in one interview that she went with SS but I don't believe her. She lives in Maryland and the dojo is in Virgina. That's why I think authorities are being so mum. The rest of the ring is going to be rounded up via grand jury indictment.

My suspicions about NG were triggered when she said she spoke to JW on Thursday and he confirmed the money had been delivered. She was just a cleaner and had absolutely no need to know that information.

NG has said that AS phoned SS at 5:30 pm on Wednesday. But the AIW employee places SS still at the dojo at 6:00 PM so apparently SS had no sense of urgency nor need to have JW drive him home. I'm betting JW drove NG home....around 3 PM.

JMO

I hope this isn't too OT, but there was a reported break in and sexual assault 3 blocks from the Savopoulos home: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...neighborhood-near-savopoulos-home-115132.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...d21272-1dc8-11e5-a135-935065bc30d0_story.html

No indication it's related, but this is now another violent crime in a highly patrolled, generally safe neighborhood.

That's really scary! The reporters are going to have to start changing their description of crime in that neighborhood if this keeps up...

"Violent crime is rare in the neighborhood, which is near Vice President Joe Biden's official residence and is heavily patrolled by both local and federal law enforcement."

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...ear-savopoulos-home-115132.html#ixzz3eSypHQuR
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

The police issued a correction on the address and this crime didn't take place anywhere near the Savopoulos home. The joke here in DC has always been something happened "just blocks from the White House" but I guess now we'll be using "just blocks from the vice president's home" as well.

http://mpdc.dc.gov/release/correcti...sexual-assault-offense-2600-block-41st-street

I would love to track better the implications of this conversation. Does this mean that JW has had a bunch of traffic violations? That doesn't seem so bad, unless the specific violations led to a suspicion of him driving around stolen cars.

I don't know much other than I posted about the traffic cases because I thought they were simple enough to have been closed out by now. I don't remember seeing that disposition on them, before now. They showed up clumped together and it caught my eye is all.

The early reports on this mentioned that there had been recent work done. I don't remember the exact phrase used, but when this incident was first reported, it talked about how there was recent contracting activity. Also if you look at Google StreetView from 2014 neither of those contractor signs are in the driveway.

This was probably done by who "of course" didn't finish projects in a timely manner.

Why would SS be "working with" a hired cleaner? Did he work with her when she cleaned his house? I don't believe he did.

JMO

They had a relationship spanning many years.....he was giving her extra business to work at the dojo and I'm sure she appreciated it. We don't know how she "marketed" her cleaning business. It could be "house, car, construction cleanup,". See it all the time. You market as "cleaners" not "maids".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I see what mybelle is saying - that SS may have hoped NG would pick up on how this message contrasted with what SS told him before he left the dojo on Wednesday.

I just thought of something IF Big If, DW did not have SS put the phone on speaker, and If SS was hoping NG would answer right away and pick up the phone maybe she would have asked questions about the seeming discrepancies then he could have answered her without DW knowing what she asked. If DW wasn't close enough to hear her end of the conversation, and she had picked up, that might have worked. I bet that is why SS gave it a try. Like if she said I thought Amy was going out is something wrong he could just say YES and DW would have no idea what she asked. I keep thinking what if???? IMHO.

I have been checking the MD Court Cases frequently. There are some very interesting updates posted in the past week. You will have to cast a wide net and dig deep to see the updates. I believe specific case discussion is not permitted here even though this is official LE data.

Is this the cluephone ringing? I am sorry. I don't get it. Please help me understand. Thanks.

I guess I meant his last S family car post was about a month before the murders. If he was a independent contractor paid by SS and not AIW employee..... Who else would know if SS fired JW before the murders?

I understand. I Was trying to provide what I had in case it helped figure out if he was still working for him. Since JW was crewing for a racer in California that weekend in early May, I'm thinking his job with SS might not have been full time.

Maybe JW was a short-timer if he was announcing big news for his racing career soon. If he was fired by SS, I imagine it would have been very recently. I don't see any reason to believe that, unless JW was lying to LE about working for SS and also working at the dojo on Wednesday/Thursday. Not impossible, of course, but if that was the case and he was called in to deliver the money, it would be so much more suspicious.

So you don't believe SS was even there at the Dojo? And NG is lying by saying he was there ?

If a group of people are getting a new business ready for a grand opening, then imo, they are working together. NG worked with the family for 20 years. She was not an anonymous cleaning service worker. They knew each other pretty well, imo.

But not as close as she portrays, IMO. The latest voicemail released has revealed that NG only found out that SS was building the studio a week before it was scheduled to be opened. She is prone to untruths and exaggerations, IMO. Which seems a common thread in this case.

I just thought of something IF Big If, DW did not have SS put the phone on speaker, and If SS was hoping NG would answer right away and pick up the phone maybe she would have asked questions about the seeming discrepancies then he could have answered her without DW knowing what she asked. If DW wasn't close enough to hear her end of the conversation, and she had picked up, that might have worked. I bet that is why SS gave it a try. Like if she said I thought Amy was going out is something wrong he could just say YES and DW would have no idea what she asked. I keep thinking what if???? IMHO.

BBM: Don't see that happening. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member