DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand. I Was trying to provide what I had in case it helped figure out if he was still working for him. Since JW was crewing for a racer in California that weekend in early May, I'm thinking his job with SS might not have been full time.

Maybe JW was a short-timer if he was announcing big news for his racing career soon. If he was fired by SS, I imagine it would have been very recently. I don't see any reason to believe that, unless JW was lying to LE about working for SS and also working at the dojo on Wednesday/Thursday. Not impossible, of course, but if that was the case and he was called in to deliver the money, it would be so much more suspicious.

Sounds like another change in JW's life was looming just days before the murder:

May 4, 2015 - "Getting ready for morning practice, feeling very blessed to be here crewing for Copeland Motorsports! Stay tuned for a big announcement about my racing future! #livingthedream #racing #racecar #racetrack #mazda #driverlife #california #mazdalagunaseca #scca #sccapro #batterytender #lagunaseca #work #winning #copelandmotorsports at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (photo removed)

"Stay tuned for a big announcement about my racing future." Not an announcement about one race or one event...JW, just 10 days before the murders, is announcing that his whole "future" is about to change.

It's "big."

What could be enabling that change? Was a sponsorship promised and then reneged? Did JW know that soon he'd be coming into a lot of cash?

I don't see this as his usual bravado. Why announce a big change on SM and then have to embarrass yourself when nothing happens.

JW made a very telling claim here...just 10 days before these horrific murders...that his entire "racing future" was about to change on a big way.

Another coincidence? We shall see.

I understand. I Was trying to provide what I had in case it helped figure out if he was still working for him. Since JW was crewing for a racer in California that weekend in early May, I'm thinking his job with SS might not have been full time.

Maybe JW was a short-timer if he was announcing big news for his racing career soon. If he was fired by SS, I imagine it would have been very recently. I don't see any reason to believe that, unless JW was lying to LE about working for SS and also working at the dojo on Wednesday/Thursday. Not impossible, of course, but if that was the case and he was called in to deliver the money, it would be so much more suspicious.

It's hard to get a gauge on whether JW's job working for SS was "full time" or instead sporadic. In one article, it said he drove SS to and from work. In another article, it was said he drove SS and AS to events and performed odd jobs. The latter makes it sound like he was not a day-to-day employee, but someone who SS might call when the need came up every so often.

It's hard to get a gauge on whether JW's job working for SS was "full time" or instead sporadic. In one article, it said he drove SS to and from work. In another article, it was said he drove SS and AS to events and performed odd jobs. The latter makes it sound like he was not a day-to-day employee, but someone who SS might call when the need came up every so often.

Someone (I am sorry that I don't remember who it was) posted JW's SM comments regarding AS's and SS's cars, and IIRC another websleuther noted they were all posted on Tuesdays and Fridays. Maybe he worked as a driver two days per week??

Had a thought last night regarding whether or not there could have been more than one person in the house during the crime. We know someone had to go downstairs to get the pizzas to bring them up to the bedroom. To me this points to the possibility there was more than one monster in the house because I cannot imagine DW would leave all four unattended.

Had a thought last night regarding whether or not there could have been more than one person in the house during the crime. We know someone had to go downstairs to get the pizzas to bring them up to the bedroom. To me this points to the possibility there was more than one monster in the house because I cannot imagine DW would leave all four unattended.

They were duct taped to chairs. PS restrained to the bed. Because of this fact, it could have been DW alone. Though it's been reported that SS was found unrestrained at the time of the fire.

bbm

I'm confused, how do we know friends were shocked to see pictures of the S cars? Where does this info come from? What did I miss?

The assistant, who is an amateur race car driver, often drove Savopoulos. He posted photos on his Instagram account of the interior of Amy Savopoulos' Porsche that was taken from the Woodland Drive house and set on fire.

"A friend of Amy's -- who has been driven in the Porsche -- recognized the inside as hers. He captions the photo “another day on the job, my office today is pretty nice.”

http://www.fox4news.com/story/29129466/savopoulos-assistant

I actually watched a video of Amy's friend speaking about seeing the pics on Instagram. I cannot find the link to the video. Only a statement about the friend recognizing the interior of the Porsche as being Amy's. I can only assume the friend was doing some sleuthing on her own of JW when his name was put out onto the World Wide Web.

JAT - but VF could have worked cleaning at AIW too ? She was NG's employee, so VF was indeed part of NG's crew. However, if VF worked mainly at the house maybe she knew more about the contractor than NG and maybe she heard talk about the dojo before NG. I do believe VF chose to work at the house that Wednesday when the rest of NG's crew was at the dojo.

Regarding burial or cremation: We have one article that states body and another that states remains?

1. "The family is now desperately trying to raise money to repatriate Figueroa's body for her funeral and burial.

Her fellow housekeeper Nelitza Gutierrez has started a ******** for the cause.

It is a heart-wrenching endeavor to give Figueroa a traditional memorial after her she was brutally murdered last week.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tedly-planning-rejoin-year.html#ixzz3eYOplbLY

__________________________________________________________________________________

2. Remains:

Alfaro says he tried to call his wife that afternoon, but the phone went straight to voicemail and Figueroa never came home that night.

The next morning, Alfaro went to the Savapoulos home and said he immediately knew something was wrong.

“I saw the two cars ... the Porsche was on the street … I kept knocking on the door,” said Alfaro.

Alfaro says he hopes D.C. police find the killer. The family is planning a funeral for Figueroa and will send her remains back to El Salvador.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...exclusively-to-abc7-114107.html#ixzz3eYPHR6ld
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

The assistant, who is an amateur race car driver, often drove Savopoulos. He posted photos on his Instagram account of the interior of Amy Savopoulos' Porsche that was taken from the Woodland Drive house and set on fire.

"A friend of Amy's -- who has been driven in the Porsche -- recognized the inside as hers. He captions the photo “another day on the job, my office today is pretty nice.”

http://www.fox4news.com/story/29129466/savopoulos-assistant

I actually watched a video of Amy's friend speaking about seeing the pics on Instagram. I cannot find the link to the video. Only a statement about the friend recognizing the interior of the Porsche as being Amy's. I can only assume the friend was doing some sleuthing on her own of JW when his name was put out onto the World Wide Web.

There is that single sentence that means nothing one way or another. The only thing that says is obvious: someone says they recognize the interior of the car. "A friend of Amy's who has been driven in the Porsche recognized the inside as hers."

I don't see the part where anybody is shocked at the pictures. That's a bold statement that needs to be backed up. Without proper context, it could be the "friend" was shocked at the deaths.

"Friends" of victims come out of the woodwork when there's a tragedy.

The "friend" didn't have to do any sleuthing. We don't know when "friend" saw the photos. It could have been that she saw the pictures at the same time the world did because they had been posted by news sites.

The writer of that article (and I DO consider the source, lol) didn't have to interview anyone, that entire article could have been taken from reading SM and other news articles - same with most articles we've been seeing lately.

Since SS employed a driver, would it not make sense that the driver, rather than SS provided NG's transportation? She claimed in one interview that she went with SS but I don't believe her. She lives in Maryland and the dojo is in Virgina. That's why I think authorities are being so mum. The rest of the ring is going to be rounded up via grand jury indictment.

My suspicions about NG were triggered when she said she spoke to JW on Thursday and he confirmed the money had been delivered. She was just a cleaner and had absolutely no need to know that information.

NG has said that AS phoned SS at 5:30 pm on Wednesday. But the AIW employee places SS still at the dojo at 6:00 PM so apparently SS had no sense of urgency nor need to have JW drive him home. I'm betting JW drove NG home....around 3 PM.

JMO

It would make sense that JW would have driven one or both of them, but what doesn't make sense and why I really want details on it is that NG says that JW left around 3 and after that SS got a call from AS to leave around 5 without it being said whether SS then drove home alone or was with NG. That's why I want everyone accounted for that day.

I think you can give us more details than that. :)

Maryland Judiciary Case Search:

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/inquiry/inquiry-index.jsp
Search for Last name =Wint, First Name =D, > Check Exact Spelling of Last Name,
You can narrow your search for Filing date 11/01/2011 through today's date

Search results will appear. > click on Case Status to sort
>Click on Case number for Case Information.
I suggest using Right Click for Case Information to open in a new tab for reviewing.

They were duct taped to chairs. PS restrained to the bed. Because of this fact, it could have been DW alone. Though it's been reported that SS was found unrestrained at the time of the fire.

It was reported by the cnn program that got several things wrong (that we know of). So I am not sure how believable that is.

I think you can give us more details than that. :)

Interesting yes! So a bunch of DW traffic cases from 2005 are either still or newly Awaiting Circuit Court Disposition.

What does awaiting circuit court disposition mean in Maryland?
In Maryland, traffic violations are heard in the District Court, which does NOT have any jury trials--all of the trials are decided by the judge. For some traffic violations, the defendant is entitled to a jury trial, if he or she wants one. When the person asks for a jury trial (called a "jury demand"), the case must be sent to the Circuit Court where there are juries able to hear the case. When this happens, the case is "forwarded to Circuit Court." The District Court will not know the outcome ("disposition") of the case until it has been resolved in the Circuit Court and the Clerk of the Circuit Court notifies the Clerk of the District Court of the outcome. When this happens, the District Court website will say "Awaiting Circuit Court Disposition." You will need to look up the case information in Circuit Court to find out what happened. The Circuit Court case number will be different than the District Court case number. You can find the Circuit Court case information by searching by the defendant's name and selecting the options for "circuit court only" and the county in which the case is charged.

Also what does this mean: Case Disposition: Jury Trial Prayed (Ficker on this one)
{deleted link}

this one looks familiar: deadly weapon, alc bev
{deleted link}

ETA: to say I copied that info on awaiting court disposition from a legal website - shhhh.

Close but no cigar. :tantrum:

Sounds like another change in JW's life was looming just days before the murder:

May 4, 2015 - "Getting ready for morning practice, feeling very blessed to be here crewing for Copeland Motorsports! Stay tuned for a big announcement about my racing future! #livingthedream #racing #racecar #racetrack #mazda #driverlife #california #mazdalagunaseca #scca #sccapro #batterytender #lagunaseca #work #winning #copelandmotorsports at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (photo removed)

"Stay tuned for a big announcement about my racing future." Not an announcement about one race or one event...JW, just 10 days before the murders, is announcing that his whole "future" is about to change.

It's "big."

What could be enabling that change? Was a sponsorship promised and then reneged? Did JW know that soon he'd be coming into a lot of cash?

I don't see this as his usual bravado. Why announce a big change on SM and then have to embarrass yourself when nothing happens.

JW made a very telling claim here...just 10 days before these horrific murders...that his entire "racing future" was about to change on a big way.

Another coincidence? We shall see.

I don't see making an on-the-record public target of yourself by teasing a big career move that would result from your involvement in a horrific crime?
JW's is big announcement could also have been that SS or someone else was going to sponsor his career! :)
We don't know.

I don't see making an on-the-record public target of yourself by teasing a big career move that would result from your involvement in a horrific crime?
JW's is big announcement could also have been that SS or someone else was going to sponsor his career! :)
We don't know.

Yes. Could be. But it also could be that when he posted this, no crime was anticipated. But it could be that shortly after this, JW found out that SS had changed his mind or that he (JW) had been mistaken. There would be no BIG change for the better in his racing career. He would continue to be just what he was or less, as PS instead was lavished with every opportunity and advantage at 10 years old. That would explain both the impetus for the crime and the heinous torture of a child.

We just don't know.

I do believe that the posting of his employers possessions showed his complete self-absorption and short sightedness. These cars were not his possessions to put on social media.

I also hold the opinion that when DW's lawyer says that DW feels when we learn who was there, what was happening, we will see this somewhat differently...that he is referring to JW being there. And though right now, he is only a witness, and we are free to think him charming or conniving...if it does turn out that he is involved....I WILL find him more evil than DW. Because he knew and interacted with that poor child.And SS paid for his kindness to JW with his life and the horrific drawn out tortures of his wife, child, and housekeeper.

But, for now, we just don't know enough to really know what this 28 year old man is like.

Having heard the voicemail I think I can bring some clarity and may have arrived upon a big breakthrough. I believe the 'Bill' mentioned is Bill Davies who owns the BDC Companies, which that name may sound familiar because BDC was contracted to work on the S's garage:
http://www.nate-thayer.com/owner-do...ized-from-jordan-wallace-in-d-c-murder-probe/
This would explain the familiarity that AS expressed and it would make sense that he'd be working on both as he's a general contractor as she would have seen him at the house when he was working on the garage. If indeed BDC was contracted to do both the S home and the studio that could expand the list of suspects as people working for BDC would be seeing the comings and goings of SS plus have personal familiarity with the S home. From what I can tell BDC isn't that big, so probably the ones who work on the garage also work on the studio and they would also know about the driver and the household cleaning staff and possibly surreptitiously gleaned information from JW, NG, etc. while working on the garage. JW could have bragged about the money side of things and NG could have run her mouth off on the security side of things and other such details.

If there was someone from BDC at the studio that Wednesday, they could have been the coordinator as to when to break in as they could have sent a text to Wint et al signaling that JW, NG and SS were at the dojo and that the home would have been as empty as they could hope for and that these three were going to be away from the home for hours so there would be no surprises. Other than for JW (I think JW knew of the studio before NG did based on the AS phone call), I can't think of anyone else who would have the kind of detailed inside information that someone working for BDC at the dojo on Wednesday who also worked at the home and knew of the domestic staff and family there.

If BDC had the contract for both locations and one or more people working on that contract was working both locations, that could explain a lot. Just think how someone with criminal intent would have viewed the house after they saw the big safe in the garage along with the expensive exotic car plus they know the biggest threat is away from the home for hours because they are working with SS at the dojo so those involved could get everything on a silver platter without the randomness of not knowing who is going to be inside and who is going arrive...

I totally agree with all of this. I hadn't seen your post and I was going to write something along the lines of, "the police have been awfully quiet and after hearing this call, I'm wondering about the dojo contractor." I wonder whose idea it was to get the S cleaning staff involved. It sure would be convenient to get them to the dojo where they would be sure not to interfere with doings at the house.

Are you referring to the person who had a default judgment entered against him for failing to appear?

That's one there's more. Narrow the date range to 11/01/2015 through today. One is in jail.

Yes. Could be. But it also could be that when he posted this, no crime was anticipated. But it could be that shortly after this, JW found out that SS had changed his mind or that he (JW) had been mistaken. There would be no BIG change for the better in his racing career. He would continue to be just what he was or less, as PS instead was lavished with every opportunity and advantage at 10 years old. That would explain both the impetus for the crime and the heinous torture of a child.

We just don't know.

I do believe that the posting of his employers possessions showed his complete self-absorption and short sightedness. These cars were not his possessions to put on social media.

I also hold the opinion that when DW's lawyer says that DW feels when we learn who was there, what was happening, we will see this somewhat differently...that he is referring to JW being there. And though right now, he is only a witness, and we are free to think him charming or conniving...if it does turn out that he is involved....I WILL find him more evil than DW. Because he knew and interacted with that poor child.And SS paid for his kindness to JW with his life and the horrific drawn out tortures of his wife, child, and housekeeper.

But, for now, we just don't know enough to really know what this 28 year old man is like.

I agree on every point.
I see desperation for attention and all of the things the S family had, not charm. The lying pushes it over the top. But...we don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just don't know.

BBM. Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member