DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would DW have gotten the code from SS and when he had JW call 10 minutes before arrival, go out and open the garage door so JW could access the red car?

If the garage door couldn't be manually closed, how would have JW closed it without a coded remote control (that may or may not have a keypad) ? That would be very interesting to know.

Fed the chickens, milked the cows, took out the trash. Ok so I took out the trash and picked up the kitchen this morning. Hoping that naval thing didn't get the court house on lock down, don't think so lately. I need more coffee for my anticipation.

Shoot, best time to talk about someone is when they're not here. ;)

I agree that they were lured back, though I'm not sure that it was on DW's initiative rather than someone else's. I do think DW committed felony murder if not outright murder but I don't think he was the mastermind. It sounds like he'll be admitting to taking part but in something other than would fall under the felony murder rule, like he agreed to burglarize what he thought would be an empty house with others doing all the violence and luring.
IMO DW will never admit anything. We will never hear his voice. He will not testify in court. He will only tell Hanover a bunch of bs that will end up as blind leads. I doubt if he will ever reveal accomplices if there were any.

I see what you are saying, but the article said the police 'think' duct tape was used to subdue the victims. Wouldn't first responders/fire department tell the police or CSI'S?

It might just be the article writers wording or I am too literal cause I am tired. TIA.

Could it have mostly burned?

If the garage door couldn't be manually closed, how would have JW closed it without a coded remote control (that may or may not have a keypad) ? That would be very interesting to know.

As I recall from the BMW search warrant results there wasn't a garage door opener found. There of course can be explanations, but there's some reason LE put an emphasis on this.

Automated garage door openers have a small touch pad to open or close the door. It is mounted inside and to the side of the garage door.

Fed the chickens, milked the cows, took out the trash. Ok so I took out the trash and picked up the kitchen this morning. Hoping that naval thing didn't get the court house on lock down, don't think so lately. I need more coffee for my anticipation.

Shoot, best time to talk about someone is when they're not here. ;)

I took the day off today...

Is it known for sure that there was no keypad mounted outside the garage? I had one that was tucked into the frame around the garage door and was not that easy to see. You could operate it there or with a remote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wint, who was born in Guyana, was also in danger of losing his green card because of prior arrests, CNN has learned.

The Metropolitan Police Department spokeswoman Gwendolyn Crump said it ran Wint's fingerprints in March in the FBI database, which was supposed to automatically flag ICE, but the immigration officials were never notified, officials said.

"If Daron Wint was arrested in March and (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) never received those fingerprints until he's arrested for quadruple homicide, it's an indicator there's a breakdown in system to me," said John Torres, former ICE special agent in charge. "Had ICE been notified they would have looked at Daron Wint's history and undertook a legal review to determine whether or not he was eligible for removal."

http://www.ksbw.com/politics/new-details-emerge-in-dc-mansion-murder-case/33726024

IMO DW will never admit anything. We will never hear his voice. He will not testify in court. He will only tell Hanover a bunch of bs that will end up as blind leads. I doubt if he will ever reveal accomplices if there were any.

Sorry, let me make myself more clear. I agree that DW probably won't testify, but I view someone's legal representative speaking on their behalf as the same thing as them speaking. To me anyway if DW tells his legal representative that X did Y and his legal representative repeats this that is the same to me as DW saying it, especially when the legal representative says they're repeating what DW told them. For DW to have any chance I think he has to name names and it sounds like that is where Hanover is headed, but I think short of a plea deal that DW's goose is cooked as there probably will be enough evidence to tie DW to felony murder though I really want to hear what evidence there is specifically that ties DW to an underlying qualifying felony (I expect there is some, just I want to hear what it is).

Is it known for sure that there was no keypad mounted outside the garage? I had one that was tucked into the frame around the garage door and was not that easy to see. You could operate it there or with a remote.

I don't think we know that for sure at all. It would make perfect sense for there to be a mounted key pad out front. If so, then, as long as JW had a code he could have opened and closed the garage door. That would have let LE know that JW at least closed the garage door. It also could be what prompted JW to have to come up with a reason as to why he entered the garage, hence that he was instructed to put the money in the red car (but, he didn't even know if it was locked or unlocked, so stumbled over that story).

Also, it would tell them if the garage door was never opened or closed at all. That is a possibility, as the only person who has said JW went into the garage (or was instructed to do so) is JW and we know that he was not in a truthful mode in that interview.

Contractor confirmed - no touch pad.

I don't think we know that for sure at all. It would make perfect sense for there to be a mounted key pad out front. If so, then, as long as JW had a code he could have opened and closed the garage door. That would have let LE know that JW at least closed the garage door. It also could be what prompted JW to have to come up with a reason as to why he entered the garage, hence that he was instructed to put the money in the red car (but, he didn't even know if it was locked or unlocked, so stumbled over that story).

Also, it would tell them if the garage door was never opened or closed at all. That is a possibility, as the only person who has said JW went into the garage (or was instructed to do so) is JW and we know that he was not in a truthful mode in that interview.

We know for sure - there is no key pad per contractor.

So, in that case, JW would have HAD to have an automatic opener to close the door. Did LE recover one from him? I kinda doubt DW or the family were concerned about keeping track of the remotes to instruct JW to leave the remote in the garage and run under the door as closes. And why would JW leave it there unless instructed? Details, I know, but they are making less and less sense.

So, in that case, JW would have HAD to have an automatic opener to close the door. Did LE recover one from him? I kinda doubt DW or the family were concerned about keeping track of the remotes to instruct JW to leave the remote in the garage and run under the door as closes. And why would JW leave it there unless instructed? Details, I know, but they are making less and less sense.

I'm not saying that. There may have been a button on the inside to close the door, but he could not have opened garage door without a remote.

I'm not saying that. There may have been a button on the inside to close the door, but he could not have opened garage door without a remote.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that was your point of view! I was extrapolating. For some reason, from the contractor I was gathering that it was all coded entry/exit. (Maybe not as simple as the garage door button I grew up with.) So then (me, extrapolating!) JW could have hit the button (coded or uncoded) and ducked under the closing door. Or he had to have a remote. Or am I missing another scenario?

Is it possible he had a Homelink device installed in his car? It seems highly unlikely SS would have provided the info to JW.

I do not have the device installed in my vehicle. I have two relatives who have the device in their vehicle. They do not use a portable remote. It is installed in their vehicle. You can also turn the home security system on and off, appliances and lights.

Since he was SS driver, did he pick him up everyday in his vehicle? Or, did he leave his vehicle at SS home or AIW. Just wondering what duties he performed for SS.

What did he buy at the stores?

I realize we discussed these details before on one of the MANY earlier threads:)

Praying we will learn new details after the hearing today! My guess is the Prosecutors will release as little as possible.

Even five new details are better than none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member