DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see what you are saying, but the article said the police 'think' duct tape was used to subdue the victims. Wouldn't first responders/fire department tell the police or CSI'S?

It might just be the article writers wording or I am too literal cause I am tired. TIA.
IMO There were likely a lot of people talking to both police and first responders. They certainly would be communicating with each other as well as reporters at the scene and in many discussions after. Many different stories that may be close to accurate and then filtered by MSM. I wouldn't hang up on one word, i.e. "think."

I see what you are saying, but the article said the police 'think' duct tape was used to subdue the victims. Wouldn't first responders/fire department tell the police or CSI'S?

It might just be the article writers wording or I am too literal cause I am tired. TIA.
IMO There were likely a lot of people talking to both police and first responders. They certainly would be communicating with each other as well as reporters at the scene and in many discussions after. Many different stories that may be close to accurate and then filtered by MSM. I wouldn't hang up on one word, i.e. "think."

Would DW have gotten the code from SS and when he had JW call 10 minutes before arrival, go out and open the garage door so JW could access the red car?

Honestly, putting the money in the red car makes zero sense! He could have put it on a shelf or someplace normal in the garage. There is some reason that was requested or is part of JW's story.

What does this mean?...Is the implication by including that in the article that AS wrote it during the kidnapping? I'm not sure why it's mentioned in the article as AS writing on a photograph to her son that she's going to be fine seems like an odd detail to include, unless the writing may have been done recently or for some other reason that I can't think of.

Sensationalistic treacle.

The garage door openers were recovered in SS home per search warrant return

WASHINGTON — A document detailing items recovered during the May 14 search of the Savopoulos home shows investigators recovered hair, fibers, clothing, DNA and other forensic evidence.

Items handwritten on the search warrant return signed by Detective Damion Johnson include latent fingerprints, shoe prints, money, credit cards, bedding, trash bags and tape.

Also seized were all electronic devices in the home, including garage door openers, as well as the pizza box and pizza crust which led police to suspect Daron Wint.

That doesn't mean all the garage door openers were found in the house.

That doesn't mean they found all the garage door openers in the house.

IMO SS was instructed to have JW call 10 minutes out. JW called, the garage was opened. When JW left the killer retrieved the money.

AFIR It is not clear that SS called the contractor. It was reported that, Police documents show a flurry of phone calls among Savvas Savopoulos, a bank, an accountant, the personal assistant, a construction company executive and Savopoulos’s American Iron Works company in the hours before the fire. It is not clear who initiated the calls.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

Facundo
Thanks for that clarification/correction, and I appreciate your giving link too. Apologies, my bad in stating Mr S phoned him.

"Among the dozens of family photographs displayed throughout the house, there was one picture of Amy Savopoulos sitting on a park bench on a sunny day with her young son, according to the official. With the photo was a message from her to son: “I love you Philip. You are a wonderful son,” she wrote. And then she continued: “I am going to be just fine.” "

What does this mean?...Is the implication by including that in the article that AS wrote it during the kidnapping? I'm not sure why it's mentioned in the article as AS writing on a photograph to her son that she's going to be fine seems like an odd detail to include, unless the writing may have been done recently or for some other reason that I can't think of.

One possibility, just speculation:
On prior occasion (PS' birthday?), Mrs S inscribed photo "I love you Philip. You are a wonderful son" and put in frame, gave to PS.
At some point (early on?) in home invasion, Mrs S pulled pix from frame & wrote “I am going to be just fine” to give to PS as a comfort item, while he was held separately from parents?
Wishful thinking on my part? (Once restrained, how could she get pix, write on it, get it to Philip? Doubtful)

ETA:
Or maybe sentimental claptrap - as AmazonianAbroad said.

Sorry if this is a duplicate post. My tablet has gone rogue all by itself.

Honestly, putting the money in the red car makes zero sense! He could have put it on a shelf or someplace normal in the garage. There is some reason that was requested or is part of JW's story.

I agree. I think it's possible that SS used the words 'red car' instead of 'Mosler' precisely because it would have been odd. I'd bet neither SS nor JW referred to *any* vehicle by it's color.

I'm one of those who think the Savopoulos' were trying to signal others in every communication, but in a subtle way to not alert DW.

I think the signals were too subtle in single instances, but afterwards when WE see them together, it's more apparent to some of us.

Just my perspective.

"Among the dozens of family photographs displayed throughout the house, there was one picture of Amy Savopoulos sitting on a park bench on a sunny day with her young son, according to the official. With the photo was a message from her to son: “I love you Philip. You are a wonderful son,” she wrote. And then she continued: “I am going to be just fine.” "

One possibility, just speculation:
On prior occasion (PS' birthday?), Mrs S inscribed photo "I love you Philip. You are a wonderful son" and put in frame, gave to PS.
At some point (early on?) in home invasion, Mrs S pulled pix from frame & wrote “I am going to be just fine” to give to PS as a comfort item, while he was held separately from parents?
Wishful thinking on my part? (Once restrained, how could she get pix, write on it, get it to Philip? Doubtful)

ETA:
Or maybe sentimental claptrap - as AmazonianAbroad said.

Sorry if this is a duplicate post. My tablet has gone rogue all by itself.

You read my mind! I was thinking Philip worried about his Mom and Amy was allowed to write the note and send it with the photo. That would be an unusually compassionate behavior on the part of DW if that's what happened. I, too, believe it was meant for comfort.

The photograph and the note are two separate items, but the article says they were found together.

You read my mind! I was thinking Philip worried about his Mom and Amy was allowed to write the note and send it with the photo. That would be an unusually compassionate behavior on the part of DW if that's what happened. I, too, believe it was meant for comfort.

The photograph and the note are two separate items, but the article says they were found together.

I am not sure if it was compassion or if DW just wanted to calm PS down. If he was freaking and worrying about his mom maybe getting a note saying ' I will be fine' was enough to calm him a bit. IDK

Might not have been DW who was compassionate. Could've been a woman in the gang who maybe was thinking of her own son.

Might not have been DW who was compassionate. Could've been a woman in the gang who maybe was thinking of her own son.

Why is the thinking that the note and photo were two items? My read was that there was an inscription of two sentences.

This is the way I read it. I also read it that it could have been written at any time, not necessarily while the crime was taking place

The problem that I have with there being a crew of helpers there all night is two main things.

One, wouldn't there be other DNA found already? They said they found DW's in several places. Why not anyone else's?

And two, why wouldn't one or two of them fill up a few of the cars with expensive things and go stash them? They'd have all night to do so before anyone would even be looking.

The problem that I have with there being a crew of helpers there all night is two main things.

One, wouldn't there be other DNA found already? They said they found DW's in several places. Why not anyone else's?

And two, why wouldn't one or two of them fill up a few of the cars with expensive things and go stash them? They'd have all night to do so before anyone would even be looking.

LE may have found other DNA (water bottle) but that doesn't mean they found a match in the system. Or they may have but haven't made it known.

Why is the thinking that the note and photo were two items? My read was that there was an inscription of two sentences.

"With the photo was a message from her to son: “I love you Philip. You are a wonderful son,” she wrote. And then she continued: “I am going to be just fine.”"

Not on the photo - with.

Then why didn't DDDW (and his accomplice) run out of the house as soon as he realized there were people inside? One or two women and a kid?? I would think "flight" would be the first response of DDW. Get out. Pick another house tomorrow.
More than a burglary IMO.

I think it's because "someone" recognized someone. They were targeted.....not random. It was someone they knew.......DW or someone else. I don't think AS would have recognized or even knew DW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do we know where in the house the photo and note were found? Was it on a mantel or with Philip? Since the room Philip was found was severely burned almost through the floor, I don't see that photo surviving. Maybe the note was a personal moment in their family and only understood by them. I'm hoping that's the case.

I think it's because "someone" recognized someone. They were targeted.....not random. It was someone they knew.......DW or someone else. I don't think AS would have recognized or even knew DW.

I'm confused by what you are implying. Do you think AS recognized JW breaking in??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member