DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't there a hearing scheduled for today? I wonder what happened, if anything.

Several questions bouncing around in my head and IDK if they are significant in the big picture w this case.
But I think some answers could change some of the logistics, and some of motives, reactions, etc. w various ppl involved. Or not involved.

1. Was JW on AIW payroll (or other S-owned or S-affiliated entity) or on Mr S's personal payroll?
If JW was on corp payroll, & if Mr S h/bn displeased w job perf for any reason - car pix on JW's SM, being late, or what-ev, & Mr S was ready to fire him, seems like Mr S m/hv/bn more inclined to go thru 'the official corp drill' w termination procedures, more so than if JW was Mr S' personal employee, in which case he might have said: 'Sorry, not working out, you get a month's wages.'
Would JW as AIW employee have different reaction that JW as Mr S' personal employee?

2. Was source of funds, $40,000, from AIW a/c or Mr S' personal a/c? Even if AIW & Mr S were both BoA a/c-holders, did Mr S think it wd/be easier to get Person A to make w/drawal from AIW a/c, and easier to get Person B to asst w $ from Mr S' a/c, i.e., cooperation of the person he's asking for help. Did he try phoning someone other than the AIW employee who in fact got $ & provided to JW?
Did Mr S think about BoA's reaction, whether bk officer wd/see currency w/d request as 'Not authorized'?
'I've already signed BoA doc's to give AIW employee/accountant authority to make transactions for AIW, so bank will be more inclined to allow hinky-ish w/d from business a/c, than from my own a/c where nobody else has auth to handle.'

3. How does Mr S' call to a contractor fit in his flurry of calls Thurs. a.m.? Why call a contractor? What could he do re a currency withdrawal for Mr S? Or was it something legit & benign, like - to cancel or reschedule a Thurs meeting Mr S had w contractor or to meet on worksite for inspection. Was the contractor a social friend, more than a business partner?
Did Mr S make a cancel-the-meeting call as a help-me-emergency-plea to contractor? If so, was this Mr S' first emergency-plea calls? Or last? Maybe trying to fire the flare gun, so to speak, many times in multiple directions to enhance chances of someone recognizing the SOS.

Anyone else give these issues a bit of thought? Thx in adv.

IDK if any of this is relevant and doubt if much about ^this^ will be released publicly pre-trial. Just wondering.
could the contractor be the "Bill" in the newly released VM from AS to NG?

In the article, Hanover reveals more about his firm's investigation than the US Atty has revealed. Unfortunately he has only a tenth of the resources of the US Atty at his disposal. Poor dude is running four weeks late and a $40,000 dollars short on this case and he has to rely on Wint for leads to prepare a defense. He has to cringe when he reads stuff like this article.

Several questions bouncing around in my head and IDK if they are significant in the big picture w this case.
But I think some answers could change some of the logistics, and some of motives, reactions, etc. w various ppl involved. Or not involved.

1. Was JW on AIW payroll (or other S-owned or S-affiliated entity) or on Mr S's personal payroll?
If JW was on corp payroll, & if Mr S h/bn displeased w job perf for any reason - car pix on JW's SM, being late, or what-ev, & Mr S was ready to fire him, seems like Mr S m/hv/bn more inclined to go thru 'the official corp drill' w termination procedures, more so than if JW was Mr S' personal employee, in which case he might have said: 'Sorry, not working out, you get a month's wages.'
Would JW as AIW employee have different reaction that JW as Mr S' personal employee?

2. Was source of funds, $40,000, from AIW a/c or Mr S' personal a/c? Even if AIW & Mr S were both BoA a/c-holders, did Mr S think it wd/be easier to get Person A to make w/drawal from AIW a/c, and easier to get Person B to asst w $ from Mr S' a/c, i.e., cooperation of the person he's asking for help. Did he try phoning someone other than the AIW employee who in fact got $ & provided to JW?
Did Mr S think about BoA's reaction, whether bk officer wd/see currency w/d request as 'Not authorized'?
'I've already signed BoA doc's to give AIW employee/accountant authority to make transactions for AIW, so bank will be more inclined to allow hinky-ish w/d from business a/c, than from my own a/c where nobody else has auth to handle.'

3. How does Mr S' call to a contractor fit in his flurry of calls Thurs. a.m.? Why call a contractor? What could he do re a currency withdrawal for Mr S? Or was it something legit & benign, like - to cancel or reschedule a Thurs meeting Mr S had w contractor or to meet on worksite for inspection. Was the contractor a social friend, more than a business partner?
Did Mr S make a cancel-the-meeting call as a help-me-emergency-plea to contractor? If so, was this Mr S' first emergency-plea calls? Or last? Maybe trying to fire the flare gun, so to speak, many times in multiple directions to enhance chances of someone recognizing the SOS.

Anyone else give these issues a bit of thought? Thx in adv.

IDK if any of this is relevant and doubt if much about ^this^ will be released publicly pre-trial. Just wondering.

1. If AIW or other S corp employee, then JW might have still been in first month trial period before health insurance, 401K and other benefits would kick in. I have never heard of a junior employee who has only worked a month getting a month severance.

I don't think we know for a fact that JW was an employee - he may have worked a couple of days a week. From the photos taken of the S cars - they were all taken on Tuesdays and Fridays. We really do not have enough info to know how serious their arrangement was.

2.I think SS had to withdraw from AIW or other Corp accounts as those accounts likely already had the company accountant/treasurer set up as a signer on the account.

3. I've said before that in my experience Accounts Payable would be used to getting an invoice before they issue a check or in this case cash, so perhaps SS asked the Contractor to email the accountant an invoice for $40K. Now it could be that the contractor called to find out why SS wasn't at the Dojo and he may have given him an excuse or something, but if it was about money then that is what I would assume. I did find the contractor who AS said "of course" was running late finishing the project. Seems like a very small business.

[h=1]Sword may have been among weapons used in Savopoulos killings[/h]The assailant or assailants who killed three members of the Savopoulos family and their housekeeper are believed to have used a sword that belonged to the family during the brutal slayings in May, according to two people familiar with the investigation.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...eaa61_story.html?wprss=rss_crime&tid=sm_tw_pl

If the perp(s) used weapons found at the scene, it leads credence to the idea that the murders weren't pre-planned. I think they expected to steal from an empty house, but were working off stale intel. JMO.

[h=1]Sword may have been among weapons used in Savopoulos killings[/h]The assailant or assailants who killed three members of the Savopoulos family and their housekeeper are believed to have used a sword that belonged to the family during the brutal slayings in May, according to two people familiar with the investigation.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...eaa61_story.html?wprss=rss_crime&tid=sm_tw_pl

From the link

Among the dozens of family photographs displayed throughout the house, there was one picture of Amy Savopoulos sitting on a park bench on a sunny day with her young son, according to the official. With the photo was a message from her to son; “I love you Philip. You are a wonderful son,” she wrote. And then she continued: “I am going to be just fine.”

From my earlier post:
"How does Mr S' call to a contractor fit in his flurry of calls Thurs. a.m.? Why call a contractor? What could he do re a currency withdrawal for Mr S? Or was it something legit & benign, like - to cancel or reschedule a Thurs meeting Mr S had w contractor or to meet on worksite for inspection. Was the contractor a social friend, more than a business partner?
Did Mr S make a cancel-the-meeting call as a help-me-emergency-plea to contractor? If so, was this Mr S' first emergency-plea calls? Or last? Maybe trying to fire the flare gun, so to speak, many times in multiple directions to enhance chances of someone recognizing the SOS
."

could the contractor be the "Bill" in the newly released VM from AS to NG?

Yes, mos' def, could be.
Was Mr S' call to him a ruse trying to sound the SOS signal?
Was there another legit reason for the call? Cancelling a meeting? Asking for help in making the currency w/drawal?

From the link

Among the dozens of family photographs displayed throughout the house, there was one picture of Amy Savopoulos sitting on a park bench on a sunny day with her young son, according to the official. With the photo was a message from her to son; “I love you Philip. You are a wonderful son,” she wrote. And then she continued: “I am going to be just fine.”

This is heartbreaking and puzzling. Did she write that note sometime during their ordeal? "I'm going to be just fine."

Why was she reassuring him?

This is such a nightmare.

Yes he owns one of the construction companies whose signs are in the photo of S garage..

Isn't he also the contractor quoted in NT's article?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the perp(s) used weapons found at the scene, it leads credence to the idea that the murders weren't pre-planned. I think they expected to steal from an empty house, but we're working off stale intel. JMO.

Or DW just found extra satisfaction using the victim's prized item against him. It sounds like DW kept knives handy even when not robbing a house. Even though we know how horrifying this crime was, the details drive in so much more harshly how unbearable it was.
Unfathomable.
Death to the perps would be too kind.

Wasn't there a hearing scheduled for today? I wonder what happened, if anything.

Tomorrow at 2 pm. IIRC it is the preliminary hearing, where the prosecutor has to lay out minimal information on the case, so it will be perhaps enlightening information to many questions/discussions/ :slapfight: we have had here. That Washington Post article http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/sword-may-have-been-among-weapons-used-in-savopolous-killings/2015/07/01/56c7d4c8-1ddb-11e5-84d5-eb37ee8eaa61_story.html?wprss=rss_crime&tid=sm_tw_pl did enlighten and answer on TWO questions many had and discussed/ :slapfight: in that is stated

" tape also was stripped across a doggy door that led to the kitchen, keeping the family’s two dogs in the back yard.".....
"There were two safes at the home — one in the garage, the other in the house."

If the perp(s) used weapons found at the scene, it leads credence to the idea that the murders weren't pre-planned. I think they expected to steal from an empty house, but were working off stale intel. JMO.

Yea......they weren't supposed to be there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OMG...a sword...I'm still reading but had to comment:((

BondGirl
Thanks for taking time to respond and offer insightful comments.
My thoughts in red:

1. If AIW or other S corp employee, then JW might have still been in first month trial period before health insurance, 401K and other benefits would kick in. Agreeing.
I have never heard of a junior employee who has only worked a month getting a month severance.
Re severance pay, I was thinking of JW being on Mr S' personal payroll. Also using literary license w possibility of what Mr S might say or do to remove JW from his family's life (I'm azz-uming Mr S was displeased about car pix, etc.).
Agreeing that AIW would not have offered such severance pay, for a short term (entry level?) employee.

I don't think we know for a fact that JW was an employee Agreeing.- he may have worked a couple of days a week. From the photos taken of the S cars - they were all taken on Tuesdays and Fridays. We really do not have enough info to know how serious their arrangement was. I wish we had access to $ fin. records of AIW & Mr S re payments to JW.

2.I think SS had to withdraw from AIW or other Corp accounts as those accounts likely already had the company accountant/treasurer set up as a signer on the account. Agreeing.

3. I've said before that in my experience Accounts Payable would be used to getting an invoice before they issue a check or in this case cash, so perhaps SS asked the Contractor to email the accountant an invoice for $40K. Yes, you did say that before & somehow it did not click w me at the time. Makes sense, explains Mr S' call to a contractor esp if that contractor had done work at S fam home, and esp if contractor & Mr S relationship was more than biz-only.

Now it could be that the contractor called to find out why SS wasn't at the Dojo and he may have given him an excuse or something, but if it was about money then that is what I would assume. I did find the contractor who AS said "of course" was running late finishing the project. Seems like a very small business.

BondGirl
Thanks again.

Isn't he also the contractor quoted in NT's article?

Yes that's him! I just re-read what the contractor said:

In addition, June 5 interviews with contractors who were working on the Savopoulos garage at the time of the murders raised more questions about the accuracy of Wallace’s account of his delivering what the police call “ransom money” immediately before the murders and arson.
The contracting company who was hired by Savopoulos to enlarge the garage say that accessing it required using a coded electronic remote control system. “This I know for sure–you could not manually open or close those garage doors,” said Bill Davies, president of BDC Companies, a Washington, D.C. general contractor hired by Savopoulos to expand the garage from a two to three car bay structure. “You had to use an automatic remote control. It might have had a keypad but I don’t remember seeing one, I never entered from the garage doors, and I never knew an access code number.”

So did JW have garage remote control? Would SS trust him with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member