DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying that. There may have been a button on the inside to close the door, but he could not have opened garage door without a remote.

What a weird and inconvenient system, since there was also no (visible) "people" door. I've never seen one where there wasn't one or the other. What if you walk out of a different door and decide you want to go someplace in your car? You have to have an opener on your person or circle back into one door and come out the door that connects the garage to the house? Not saying it isn't true, but it just seems very weird, even for a family that is security conscious.

One of the remotes could have been under a visor of a car in the driveway, maybe.

Then who recognized who in your opinion? I'm confused.

I'll share my opinion with you. I think someone was recognized, however we do not know all the players at this time. A person or persons unknown to us/me.

There are others that post here that believe DW worked alone, or a strong possibility that DW worked alone. In no way do I believe they are incorrect with their thinking. That theory is just as valid as mine, that DW had partners. We do not know, however there is good debate for both beliefs.

I'm thinking when more facts come out, there will be new players involved.

It doesn't appear to be difficult to program homelink if he ever had access to the remote and garage in the past.
http://mybmwguy.blogspot.com/2009/12/programming-garage-opener-in-your-bmw.html?m=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe! I was just rereading what the contractor said about not ever having entered through the garage doors and how he didn't even know the code used for the remotes. I am wondering if SS would be willing to hand that access to his new assistant, or let his new assistant install something to enable access from his own personal car. It's possible. I think NG was saying that they were actually lax about garage security, often leaving the garage door open, so I guess it could go either way.

I'll share my opinion with you. I think someone was recognized, however we do not know all the players at this time. A person or persons unknown to us/me.

There are others that post here that believe DW worked alone, or a strong possibility that DW worked alone. In no way do I believe they are incorrect with their thinking. That theory is just as valid as mine, that DW had partners. We do not know, however there is good debate for both beliefs.

I agree with you in thinking there was more than 1 person involved. And of course I think it's a possibility that the perp(s) were known to someone in the S family (maybe SS even knew/remembered DW from when DW worked at AIW or maybe one of DW's accomplices worked for the construction company that was doing work at the Dojo or the S family home? just 2 thoughts of how the victims might have recognized the perps)

But even if someone wasn't initially recognized in that maybe none of the victims knew who the perps were when the perps first broke into the house, after the perps had spent any amount of time with the victims, the perps would reasonably believe that they could be positively identified and, therefore, they would have more of a cause to believe they needed to kill the victims who could ID them since they had lots and lots of info they could have shared about the perps based on their extensive time w/ them.

Maybe! For some reason, if SS went to all the trouble with the remote coding system, etc., I am not sure how willing he might be to let someone outside the family install something in their personal car that would enable garage access. But a possibility! Makes as much sense as any of the other scenarios.

It appears from the programming directions JW would have only needed access to the family's garage remote in the past. I am still hoping he is not involved.

He would still have to explain how he gained access.

I'm not saying that. There may have been a button on the inside to close the door, but he could not have opened garage door without a remote.

This picture appears to show an exterior garage door opener. I have one similar. You key in a combination number to open the door. SS exterior garage door opener.png

It seems like for JW to get into the garage he would have needed a garage door opener. (Unless it was already opened.) According to his account, he did close the garage door behind him. Maybe one of those "hit close and run under the door as it closes"? if he didn't take a garage door opener with him?

That's how I do it, lol! Run for your life! We have a wall button inside the garage so that we can close (or open) it that way without the remote. We keep an extra remote in the kitchen drawer and I use it to open the GD from the kitchen (small house), but immediately replace it in the drawer so it doesn't get lost. *ahem. It's been locked inside the garage because I forgot that I took the remote in there with me and used the wall button to close-and-run as is habit. :/ * Lots of garages also have an outside access door in addition to access door into house. Our garage is a standalone.

Fed the chickens, milked the cows, took out the trash. Ok so I took out the trash and picked up the kitchen this morning. Hoping that naval thing didn't get the court house on lock down, don't think so lately. I need more coffee for my anticipation.

Shoot, best time to talk about someone is when they're not here. ;)

LOL, and it was good talkin' 'bout, too :D

Sorry, let me make myself more clear. I agree that DW probably won't testify, but I view someone's legal representative speaking on their behalf as the same thing as them speaking. To me anyway if DW tells his legal representative that X did Y and his legal representative repeats this that is the same to me as DW saying it, especially when the legal representative says they're repeating what DW told them. For DW to have any chance I think he has to name names and it sounds like that is where Hanover is headed, but I think short of a plea deal that DW's goose is cooked as there probably will be enough evidence to tie DW to felony murder though I really want to hear what evidence there is specifically that ties DW to an underlying qualifying felony (I expect there is some, just I want to hear what it is).

bbm

Nicknames exist for a reason, lol. Lawyer aka Mouthpiece. :D

*this dame is an ardent film noir lover*

Is it possible he had a Homelink device installed in his car? It seems highly unlikely SS would have provided the info to JW.

I do not have the device installed in my vehicle. I have two relatives who have the device in their vehicle. They do not use a portable remote. It is installed in their vehicle. You can also turn the home security system on and off, appliances and lights.

Since he was SS driver, did he pick him up everyday in his vehicle? Or, did he leave his vehicle at SS home or AIW. Just wondering what duties he performed for SS.

What did he buy at the stores?

I realize we discussed these details before on one of the MANY earlier threads:)

Praying we will learn new details after the hearing today! My guess is the Prosecutors will release as little as possible.

Even five new details are better than none.

I'm not convinced that JW drove SS daily. Why would SS want a driver based in MD to drive all the way to downtown DC to pick him up and then turn around and drive him to MD? Doesn't make sense. I think Maryland was JW's last address and I assume he lived up that way since he worked at Autobahn. I think he drove SS occasionally and did some errands, but i'm not convinced this was really a 9 to 5 even though that is what JW claimed on social media.

But that could be why JW was instructed to call 10 minutes before arriving. Advance warning time to open the GD for delivery with a few minutes of window to make sure no one's on the street that would see DW out there.

What a weird and inconvenient system, since there was also no (visible) "people" door. I've never seen one where there wasn't one or the other. What if you walk out of a different door and decide you want to go someplace in your car? You have to have an opener on your person or circle back into one door and come out the door that connects the garage to the house? Not saying it isn't true, but it just seems very weird, even for a family that is security conscious.

This may be why the S family left the garage door open a lot.

I agree with you in thinking there was more than 1 person involved.

Given the description of how SS was killed, I think there had to be at least two people inside and upstairs at that the time. I can't fathom that SS unbound would voluntarily let himself get hit in the head from behind and that he probably would have tried to take on a single attacker if they were armed with anything short of a gun and maybe even with a gun. Whoever killed SS didn't do it in a head-to-head confrontation, which I think SS may have tried to fight one or more of the perps when he was hit with the bat and if it wasn't for that, SS could have taken control back of the home or at least bought his family enough time for them to be saved if it wasn't for the sucker hit.

So you're thinking AS or Vera recognized one of DW's partners?

Given the description of how SS was killed, I think there had to be at least two people inside and upstairs at that the time. I can't fathom that SS unbound would voluntarily let himself get hit in the head from behind and that he probably would have tried to take on a single attacker if they were armed with anything short of a gun and maybe even with a gun. Whoever killed SS didn't do it in a head-to-head confrontation, which I think SS may have tried to fight one or more of the perps when he was hit with the bat and if it wasn't for that, SS could have taken control back of the home or at least bought his family enough time for them to be saved if it wasn't for the sucker hit.

And LE believes "more than one" as well. Hard to challenge their belief based on the few facts we have!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1