DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...DW is replacing his attorney again!!!! More delays????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not convinced that JW drove SS daily. Why would SS want a driver based in MD to drive all the way to downtown DC to pick him up and then turn around and drive him to MD? Doesn't make sense. I think Maryland was JW's last address and I assume he lived up that way since he worked at Autobahn. I think he drove SS occasionally and did some errands, but i'm not convinced this was really a 9 to 5 even though that is what JW claimed on social media.

I am with you on this. I am thinking that what SS's friends reported is probably right on—that JW drove SS and AS to some events and performed odd jobs. More along the lines of how you might call for a town car on occasion, or call for a handyman.

I doubt this was a situation where JW reported every day 9-5 and was ready to go by SS's side all day. SS was probably just trying to help a guy out who was down on his luck by giving him some work. It could be that JW wished it was more. He might have wished that he would have been selected to be PS's coach. And he might have wished that SS would have helped finance his racing. And he might have coveted the S's lifestyle and wanted to be as closely associated to it as possible. But in reality, he reached out to SS for help, and SS tried to help by making him a go-fer.

2 out of the 4 were "lured" back and the two that would have surprised would have been VF and PS.

Are we sure AS wasn't at the house when this began? Link please? TIA!

If the garage door couldn't be manually closed, how would have JW closed it without a coded remote control (that may or may not have a keypad) ? That would be very interesting to know.

Yes, I can't see how JW would close the garage door without an opener/code. Most garage doors have safety devices that make it hard to run out without the door popping back up.

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan 3m3 minutes ago
#DaronWint has just gotten rid of his private attorney and gone back to public defender. #dcmansionmurders @wusa9

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan 3m

3 minutes ago
#DaronWint lawyer says he believes his former client was set up... Perhaps by real killers. @wusa9

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan 2m2 minutes agoWashington, DC
His former lawyer says #DoronWint may have been set up by the real #DCMansionMurder killers. @wusa9

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan 42s43 seconds agoWashington, DC
Former lawyer says he had a difference with #DaronWint. Won't say if it was over trial strategy. @wusa9

Contractor confirmed - no touch pad.

I think that this is one of those details about which there is ambiguity, and has taken on a certainty in the remembering and retelling. The contractor, Bill Davies, said there was no *manual* way to open the doors. The thing he confirmed was that you couldn't just grab a handle and pull up the doors -- that they had to be activated electronically.He didn't *remember* a keypad. He didn't say that there wasn't one.

http://www.nate-thayer.com/owner-do...ized-from-jordan-wallace-in-d-c-murder-probe/

In addition, June 5 interviews with contractors who were working on the Savopoulos garage at the time of the murders raised more questions about the accuracy of Wallace’s account of his delivering what the police call “ransom money” immediately before the murders and arson.
The contracting company who was hired by Savopoulos to enlarge the garage say that accessing it required using a coded electronic remote control system. “This I know for sure–you could not manually open or close those garage doors,” said Bill Davies, president of BDC Companies, a Washington, D.C. general contractor hired by Savopoulos to expand the garage from a two to three car bay structure. “You had to use an automatic remote control. It might have had a keypad but I don’t remember seeing one, I never entered from the garage doors, and I never knew an access code number."

Are we sure AS wasn't at the house when this began? Link please? TIA!

It's been reported in lots of links here. There's a good post in the threads with timeline of news reports that you can check for that.

I haven't seen any reports to the contrary. Have you? Eitherway, my point was that I don't think this was a burglary planned for when people weren't home as some have speculated. JMO.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that was your point of view! I was extrapolating. For some reason, from the contractor I was gathering that it was all coded entry/exit. (Maybe not as simple as the garage door button I grew up with.) So then (me, extrapolating!) JW could have hit the button (coded or uncoded) and ducked under the closing door. Or he had to have a remote. Or am I missing another scenario?

JW could have left the garage door open, someone from inside the house opened and shut the garage door or he never entered the garage at all. Any other possibilities we've missed?

I'd bet it's an intercom/door bell. I doubt the contractor would have lied in the interview he gave.

Lie is a strong word. He didn't remember one way or another.

Just got back to my office... Postponed because DWW and his attorney had a "disagreement". He's no longer representing him. What a waste of my time grr

It's been reported in lots of links here. There's a good post in the threads with timeline of news reports that you can check for that.

I haven't seen any reports to the contrary. Have you? Eitherway, my point was that I don't think this was a burglary planned for when people weren't home as some have speculated. JMO.

I have not seen any links here saying she was not home. I've definitely seen speculation. If anyone knows of lots of links, could someone please paste in one of them?

Just got back to my office... Postponed because DWW and his attorney had a "disagreement". He's no longer representing him. What a waste of my time grr

Was DW in the courtroom? Was it packed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members