DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK. LE said the photo was taken in a "red lined bag" two paragraphs later. I just checked some of the other SWs, and they all have JW saying "red bag". My mistake! Thank you for pointing it out. I must have glossed over the difference. Wonder if it's significant. If it really was a red bag, then that can't be the backpack which is black. If the red bag had red lining, it could be the same bag in the photo that the accountant placed the money. If the red bag doesn't have red lining, then that's yet another bag in which the ransom money spent time.
You mean an extra bag handy that was in his car??... red...~ the color of ...blood on your hands???

forgive me. couldn't help myself...

IDK. LE said the photo was taken in a "red lined bag" two paragraphs later. I just checked some of the other SWs, and they all have JW saying "red bag". My mistake! Thank you for pointing it out. I must have glossed over the difference. Wonder if it's significant. If it really was a red bag, then that can't be the backpack which is black. If the red bag had red lining, it could be the same bag in the photo that the accountant placed the money. If the red bag doesn't have red lining, then that's yet another bag in which the ransom money spent time.

The way I interpreted it, and this is from memory, is that the photo showed a bag with red lining, and that is referred to as the "red-lined" bag. When JW told his second version of events (the one in which the money was not in a manilla envelope the whole time), the accountant disgorged the $40K from his pockets, and JW put it in his "red bag".

You mean an extra bag handy that was in his car??... red...~ the color of ...blood on your hands???

forgive me. couldn't help myself...

Oh no no... you are forgetting about the extra manilla envelope...the one that just happened to be sitting in a racer's car, because...well, ya never know when you might need an extra manilla envelope in your car!

I don't see it that way. Self-preservation is strong. He lied, according to LE, but we don't know why he lied. Maybe from feelings of guilt, or maybe because he realized he delivered $40k in cash to a home where four people were brutally murdered hours later and freaked (I would) that it might make him a suspect. Well, that backfired, that made him a target if he wasn't one before. I'm not defending his lying at all, just recognizing that people lie for all kinds of reasons, most of which (to me) don't make sense.

SS might understand why JW lied.

I agree that he might have lied for reasons of self-preservation, maintaining a good image, guilt, fear of suspicion, or as a knee-jerk reaction when being asked questions by an authority figure. There is a difference to me between the lies being indicative of involvement in this case, and the lies being indicative of untrustworthiness.

To be trustworthy, you have to be true. Lies are not the truth. A liar, by definition, is not trustworthy. And especially when lies are told in such a dire situation where truthfulness is critical. JW might have other things going for him, but trustworthiness? Certainly not across the board, and certainly not as it pertains to SS and this case.

Added: Not to beat a dead horse over and over again, but sometimes I feel like any scrutinization of JW (not any one poster in particular) is seen as totally unfair and unwarranted because time has gone by and there have been no additional arrests. But, for me, there are certain things that stink and I can't hypothesize the smell away.

It doesn't appear that they searched the car until days after the SW was signed. I wonder why they waited so long.

We should make a list of things we would love to see/want to know.

- Why wait so long to search the BMW?
- How did they know to ask/or why did LE ask about whether the Mosler was locked or unlocked and same for the garage?
- What other VMs does LE have?
- What were JWs other texts during the crime (whether committed by him or not). He texted a picture of the money, said it was "40g", sent the "dropped off the package" text to SS and the next day to AS "ms amy your house is on fire"
- What video do they have of the house?
- What video do they have of the porsche?
- Have they found any interesting financials in the case?
- What about do they know about other potential POIs other than JW and DW?
- Why was JW fired from Autobahn?
- Was JW questioned after his first interview? If not, was it because he was advised by counsel not to submit to questioning?
- Where is JW now?
- Why was AS writing to her son that she would be just fine?
- Why haven't we heard more about the Dojo? I found one blog about it, that's it.

Has there ever been an instance of a POI participating in conversations on WS under a pseudonym (or more)?

The woman who killed lottery winner Abraham Shakespeare was on WS posting using her real name...

OMG, this was what the therapist said about my friend's fiance who she finally left over the "no milk in the store anywhere" incident I relayed at length some threads ago. But wow, there is nothing normal about it, or the circumstances that gave rise to the behavior, and IMHO that sort of reflexive, purposeless lying doesn't bode well for the rest of matters in life... JMO.

Very true. Sorry I missed your 'no milk in the store incident' but a psychologist friend of mine who works with younger male inmates convicted of adult crimes agrees with you and so do I.

JMO

Can prisoners get online and post?

In my state, no. But after that NY prison break by two guys who seemed to be able to do whatever they wanted, I have no clue what other states might allow.

JMO

Thanks I will check it. Wonder what reason he would give the LE for having Mosler registration in his own auto??? Would love to speculate on it, but seems it is pretty clear. Seems like w his SM braggardizing (new word for urban dict) he simply was claiming the cart before the horse. But was getting all of his documents ready.

To be fair read the SW before you jump to conclusions. It was an Expired 2013 registration. The registration was renewed in 2015.

Can prisoners get online and post?

Evidently they can in Mississippi, but shh...don't tell anyone, okay? While researching another case I came across the wonderful world of stupid people posting selfies on facebook and conversations from prison at 3 and 4 in the morning.

How they're able to connect to the internet, do only smart phones are their own hotspot?

A few posts have been removed. Please remember that we do not sleuth family members, including whether they are or are not in X online directory, etc.

:tyou:

To be fair read the SW before you jump to conclusions. It was an Expired 2013 registration. The registration was renewed in 2015.

Please provide a link to the info about the registration - as far as I know, you are the only one who has found that. TIA.

ETA: A link to the information about the 2015 renewal or other evidence that a renewal happened in 2015. No one has previously found a 2015 registration in any database. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't think there was a problem with league being legit. I don't think we can post twitter here but I found a tweet from one of the students from Sandy Spring Friends School. One of the league participants. He tweeted that the racing league was approved as a school sport. Also, that school is private and also accepts boarding students. High school tuition is over $30,000 and with board is $56,000. Don't know about the other schools. Haven't looked into them yet.

BellaVita
Thanks for finding ^ tweet from Sandy Spring Friends student.
Curious if you have checked school's website and found signs of its official approval.
Personally not convinced of Kart Racing League official status per tweet by student whose understanding of 'official approval' may be quite different from actual 'official approval.'

ETA: Checked, starting here http://www.ssfs.org/athletics/index.aspx then drilling into tabs.*
Found no indication of kart racing or official approval of league in tabs below. May have missed it or could be elsewhere on school website. Anyone - pls dig in for indication of school's approval.
Appears school may have been unaware of its name being used to promote Autobahn business. JM2cts, could be all wrong.

Upper School Athletics............................ none
Middle School Athletics........................... none
Lower School Physical Education ............. none
Athletic Training ................................... none

Just curious...any WS's from DC, know if any person can call county, and find out if a specific person is being held, and what they are charged with? In the county I live in, they give this info. Another poster said the same, about the county he/she lives in. I'm just saying if there's a certain person that was arrested that night (along with DW), is it possible to call and get the info, if you give a specific name? Long shot, but since it is allowed in some places, just wondering about DC. On a different note, it is my opinion that if JW were involved in the crime, I feel that DW would not be so inclined to keep quiet, concerning accomplices. On the other hand, I can see him not talking, if he had help with the crime, from a close friend or family member.
Also interesting:

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29222382/police-examine-large-safe-savopoulos-home

Wint's attorneys are also looking for the names of people that were taken into custody with Wint on the night he was arrested on May 21.

Article is from June 2nd. Is DW not giving up this info?

Please provide a link to the info about the registration - as far as I know, you are the only one who has found that. TIA.

ETA: A link to the information about the 2015 renewal or other evidence that a renewal happened in 2015. No one has previously found a 2015 registration in any database. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went back looking for it and can't find it. The only thing I could locate was that it passed emissions test at official MD VEIP inspection station in Derwood, MD on 01/03/2015 as others have stated here. I will have to qualify my statement as IMO because the only reason to go to VEIP is to receive emissions clearance to register the vehicle at the nearby MVA office in Gaithersburg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ricardo55