DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BellaVita
Thanks for finding ^ tweet from Sandy Spring Friends student.
Curious if you have checked school's website and found signs of its official approval.
Personally not convinced of Kart Racing League official status per tweet by student whose understanding of 'official approval' may be quite different from actual 'official approval.'

ETA: Checked, starting here http://www.ssfs.org/athletics/index.aspx then drilling into tabs.*
Found no indication of kart racing or official approval of league in tabs below. May have missed it or could be elsewhere on school website. Anyone - pls dig in for indication of school's approval.
Appears school may have been unaware of its name being used to promote Autobahn business. JM2cts, could be all wrong.

Upper School Athletics............................ none
Middle School Athletics........................... none
Lower School Physical Education ............. none
Athletic Training ................................... none

Here is the page:

http://www.ssfs.org/news/item/index.aspx?pageaction=ViewSinglePublicArchive&LinkID=1424&ModuleID=84&

The search warrant return for Wint Ford, in attachment A (items to be searched for), item 3, says "Red Bag used to transport US currency" -

I think the whole red bag discussion went off the rails because of the "red lined" description in the original affidavit concerning JW. It sounds like they were looking for a bank money bag - I'm thinking 4x10 inches or so, with a zipper. And red.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/267779255/Return-After-Search-of-Ford

It's possible the "red lined bag" was JW's Herschel backpack, although LE has not made a statement to that affect. All Herschel backpacks have red stripe or red lining. Here is an example:
View attachment 77851

rkf - Drafting off your posts again and veering off on another angle. Yes, as you noted ^ "All Herschel backbacks have red stripe or red lining."

In earlier threads where this topic was so worn and ragged, it was nearly threadbare, someone said ~ could not have been a Herschel backpack or duffel, because it would be too big to transfer hand to hand or to put into a manila envelope (my approx paraphrasing).

For anyone who wants to look at other possibilities involving a smaller red-lined bag which may fit into a manila env., maybe into suit jacket pocket, Herschel has numerous 4" x 8" x 1" 'wallets' with "Signature striped fabric liner." http://shop.herschelsupply.com/collections/wallets/products/avenue-wallet-black
From quick skim of pix, hard to see wallet pix w lining exposed, like on ^ backpack pix.

IDK if this idea of smaller red-lined Herschel wallets, gives any traction in the currency transfer process but thought I'd throw it out there. And, LOL, it is 'out there.'
ETA: As birpu just posted, earlier discussion went off the rails re red-lined bag, says bank bag is more likely.
JM2cts, could be all wrong.
10200-00001-OS_01_5b96eb5f-77ac-41ec-b583-9eeea0e240db_medium.jpeg

I went back looking for it and can't find it. The only thing I could locate was that it passed emissions test at official MD VEIP inspection station in Derwood, MD on 01/03/2015 as others have stated here. I will have to qualify my statement as IMO because the only reason to go to VEIP is to receive emissions clearance to register the vehicle at the nearby MVA office in Gaithersburg.

JW was not working for SS at that time. If the registration was renewed at the time of the emissions test, it seems more odd to have the expired one.

rkf - Drafting off your posts again and veering off on another angle. Yes, as you noted ^ "All Herschel backbacks have red stripe or red lining."

In earlier threads where this topic was so worn and ragged, it was nearly threadbare, someone said ~ could not have been a Herschel backpack or duffel, because it would be too big to transfer hand to hand or to put into a manila envelope (my approx paraphrasing).

For anyone who wants to look at other possibilities involving a smaller red-lined bag which may fit into a manila env., maybe into suit jacket pocket, Herschel has numerous 4" x 8" x 1" 'wallets' with "Signature striped fabric liner." http://shop.herschelsupply.com/collections/wallets/products/avenue-wallet-black
From quick skim of pix, hard to see wallet pix w lining exposed, like on ^ backpack pix.

IDK if this idea of smaller red-lined Herschel wallets, gives any traction in the currency transfer process but thought I'd throw it out there. And, LOL, it is 'out there.' JM2cts, could be all wrong.
10200-00001-OS_01_5b96eb5f-77ac-41ec-b583-9eeea0e240db_medium.jpeg

The SW return describes the Herschel as a backpack.

Link please ...Link for Abraham ... and name please that MSM references as I followed and did not know that !. Very interesting and didn't recall that fact in MSM or being posted at WS the perpetrator was a member here . Was that allowed discussion here . !!!

would love to go back and look!!
I wasn't following the case at the time. I learned of it afterwards. I think her name was something like DeeDee Moore. I'm sure the case is in the WS archives.

Just curious...any WS's from DC, know if any person can call county, and find out if a specific person is being held, and what they are charged with? In the county I live in, they give this info. Another poster said the same, about the county he/she lives in. I'm just saying if there's a certain person that was arrested that night (along with DW), is it possible to call and get the info, if you give a specific name? Long shot, but since it is allowed in some places, just wondering about DC. On a different note, it is my opinion that if JW were involved in the crime, I feel that DW would not be so inclined to keep quiet, concerning accomplices. On the other hand, I can see him not talking, if he had help with the crime, from a close friend or family member.

You are correct that MD court cases reflect that a person was arrested coincidentally on the same date 05/22/2015. It is not clear in which jurisdiction this person was arrested or that this person was arrested along with Darron Wint. Queries made with both DC Detention and PG County Sheriff and found that he is not currently incarcerated.

JW was not working for SS at that time. If the registration was renewed at the time of the emissions test, it seems more odd to have the expired one.
It doesn't seem odd to me. I have several expired registrations in my glove box. They are there because I did not discard them. They are worthless to anyone. The current registration provides information to police that I paid for the current plates on the vehicle and it is legal to be on the public roads. The only useful document to sell the vehicle is the title which most people would never store in the vehicle.

To be fair read the SW before you jump to conclusions. It was an Expired 2013 registration. The registration was renewed in 2015.

Do you have a link for the Mosler registration renewal in 2015? I have been looking everywhere for that. I know SS had the emissions testing done in early January 2015 or late December 2014, but can't find documentation of the registration renewal in Maryland, or anywhere else. TIA!

Just curious...any WS's from DC, know if any person can call county, and find out if a specific person is being held, and what they are charged with? In the county I live in, they give this info. Another poster said the same, about the county he/she lives in. I'm just saying if there's a certain person that was arrested that night (along with DW), is it possible to call and get the info, if you give a specific name? Long shot, but since it is allowed in some places, just wondering about DC. On a different note, it is my opinion that if JW were involved in the crime, I feel that DW would not be so inclined to keep quiet, concerning accomplices. On the other hand, I can see him not talking, if he had help with the crime, from a close friend or family member.

I live in DC, but I have no interest in calling the DC jail to see if they're holding anyone. I just had to pick up a report today for a hit and run and you would think I asked the officer to pull out four of his molars, gold plate them and string them on a chain for me to wear out of the police station. I don't imagine the jail is any more accommodating. I also think any information available is on the DC Courts website. https://www.dccourts.gov/cco/maincase.jsf If it's not there, the person answering the phone isn't likely to know. Even if s/he does, s/he probably won't tell us. JMO

If you do decide to call, I hope I'm completely wrong and they are kind and helpful. I'd love to know!

It doesn't seem odd to me. I have several expired registrations in my glove box. They are there because I did not discard them. They are worthless to anyone. The current registration provides information to police that I paid for the current plates on the vehicle and it is legal to be on the public roads. The only useful document to sell the vehicle is the title which most people would never store in the vehicle.

It is more odd to me because it would be strange that 2 or 3 months later when JW started working for SS, he somehow got the idea to ask for or take an expired registration. Who does that? Of course, if the car really did have a current registration, he could have taken that at the time he dropped the money off in the garage. But was the money even left in the Mosler and not elsewhere in the garage? Or given to someone else? Does the car really have the type of security system that's been speculated about? Have police been able to verify the access/locking/unlocking log? Verify JW's account (the 2nd one)? I noticed in the 2nd account that it was never mentioned in the SW affidavit whether JW locked the car or not. Would DW have bothered to re-lock the Mosler after picking up the money if that's where it was left? I know some of this is probably not very important details but this case keeps me up at night thinking of every little detail.

The SW return describes the Herschel as a backpack.

Uh-oh, forgot about that. Do you think my deleting my less-than-useful post is approp?

I'll have to go sit in the corner w my dunce cap.

To me, since the club isn't under Athletics or Student life, but is mentioned in the Dorm Blog, it looks like this club activity was an after school thing for boarding students. I'd wager a nickel that Mr. Phillips and his son are local residents and that the rest of the participants are international students.

That makes sense and TYVM for pointing it out.

Have you run across ref's or official approvals by any of the other schools?
I don't know what to make of it - whether the league had any relevance to JW's departure from Autobahn.

Your humor made me Lol!!!
I live in DC, but I have no interest in calling the DC jail to see if they're holding anyone. I just had to pick up a report today for a hit and run and you would think I asked the officer to pull out four of his molars, gold plate them and string them on a chain for me to wear out of the police station. I don't imagine the jail is any more accommodating. I also think any information available is on the DC Courts website. https://www.dccourts.gov/cco/maincase.jsf If it's not there, the person answering the phone isn't likely to know. Even if s/he does, s/he probably won't tell us. JMO

If you do decide to call, I hope I'm completely wrong and they are kind and helpful. I'd love to know!

The search warrant return for Wint Ford, in attachment A (items to be searched for), item 3, says "Red Bag used to transport US currency" -

I think the whole red bag discussion went off the rails because of the "red lined" description in the original affidavit concerning JW. It sounds like they were looking for a bank money bag - I'm thinking 4x10 inches or so, with a zipper. And red.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/267779255/Return-After-Search-of-Ford

I thought I had a good handle on the whole 'red bag' situation but if they were really looking for a "currency bag" wouldn't that mean that JW lied even MORE than he said he did because according to his "post-lied" account, the accountant pulled wads of cash out of his pockets, which Jordan placed in his *own* bag. He then took the money from his bag (after taking a picture of it in there) and placed it in a manilla envelope that happened to be in his car.

So, where did this other red bag come from that they are looking for in Wint's vehicle? A red currency bag from another crime? Or does the SW imply that LE thought the story about the manilla envelope was bogus and that JW left it in the mosler in a red bag? Or, or, or...?

That makes sense and TYVM for pointing it out.

Have you run across ref's or official approvals by any of the other schools?
I don't know what to make of it - whether the league had any relevance to JW's departure from Autobahn.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...gueroa-murdered-Daron-Wint-Arrested-17/page29

Post #433 in this thread. Another poster found a tweet from a public school principal about the league. Also, there was coverage of the league on the local DC FOX station. It was not an undercover league in any way, IMO.

It is more odd to me because it would be strange that 2 or 3 months later when JW started working for SS, he somehow got the idea to ask for or take an expired registration. Who does that? Of course, if the car really did have a current registration, he could have taken that at the time he dropped the money off in the garage. But was the money even left in the Mosler and not elsewhere in the garage? Or given to someone else? Does the car really have the type of security system that's been speculated about? Have police been able to verify the access/locking/unlocking log? Verify JW's account (the 2nd one)? I noticed in the 2nd account that it was never mentioned in the SW affidavit whether JW locked the car or not. Would DW have bothered to re-lock the Mosler after picking up the money if that's where it was left? I know some of this is probably not very important details but this case keeps me up at night thinking of every little detail.

ITA that it is weird that JW would just ask for the old expired registration for the Mosler, and that SS would say, "oh, sure, take an official document with my name and address and VIN on it." Weird that he would steal it, too. Weird one way or another.

WHOA. Clearly I have more careful reading to do. THERE MAY BE AN ELECTRONIC LOG OF WHO LOCKED AND UNLOCKED THE MOSLER?

ITA that it is weird that JW would just ask for the old expired registration for the Mosler, and that SS would say, "oh, sure, take an official document with my name and address and VIN on it." Weird that he would steal it, too. Weird one way or another.

WHOA. Clearly I have more careful reading to do. THERE MAY BE AN ELECTRONIC LOG OF WHO LOCKED AND UNLOCKED THE MOSLER?

I have spent several hours of my life researching the kinds of theft prevention systems typically installed on super cars since this horrible bloodbath happened, because the car features in the last few hours of the crime in ways that are totally f-ing BIZARRE.

I have seen that two factor access modes are pretty common.

I haven't seen any logging systems that tie a specific event to a unique key. The onboard electrical system seems to be pretty cool and possibly does event logging of access attempts. That would not require anything sophisticated. I have not found anything that describes the logging.

I've been retired for a couple of years, and may be out of practice at describing technical things in plain English. I hope this is 100% readable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight