DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be helpful if you posted the site you are searching.

If you are searching Maryland Judiciary Case Search, omit the filing date range
You will get about 150 hits.
Then sort your results by clicking on Filing Date.
Then at the top and bottom of the first page you will see there are 6 pages.
click on page 6 and you will see cases in 2015

Darron's last arrest in MD was 2010. for 2015 you need to search Washington DC courts.

Thanks for the DC info. The arrests and case used to show up in MD court case search. Other cases no longer appear on that site.

That could be but IMO LE has the DNA/prints on JW as well as those detained when DW was arrested and his brother has been incarcerated before so it seems he's not involved.
IMO this points to DW acting alone. JMO

A little hard to say, not knowing the facts. I would assume LE has the DNA of those detained in the truck and car but assuming can come back and bite me sometimes. They arrested DW for DNA on the pizza, I'd imagine they would arrest anyone else for a DNA match if they had one. I don't think LE would allow anyone else involved in the murders to roam free.

There maybe other charges against people LE detained but I'm not sure what those charges would be. JMO

I think Jaffee is correct. Lanier is saying they are "still investigating" but "downplays further arrests".
Tying up loose ends concerning DW IMO

It's Jaffe's opinion that "no other arrests. still investigating" means that the chief is downplaying further arrests. I have not been able to find a video or transcript of the entire press conference on July 8th. If anyone has seen it, would you please post a link? TIA.

I find it hard to believe that if LE hasn't had any other suspects since May that they are still tying up loose ends on the one suspect they have in custody. JMO

Hmm. Am I doing something wrong? I just now searched:

Last Name: WINT (Exact Match) | First Name: D | Filing Date Range: 01/01/2015 to 07/10/2015

And nothing comes up for Daron, Darron or Darin. And no arrrests after 03/30/2015

Are you searching at https://www.dccourts.gov/cco/maincase.jsf? Try putting in WINT for last name and just D for first name, then sort by file date. I see his arrest and warrant.

It's Jaffe's opinion that "no other arrests. still investigating" means that the chief is downplaying further arrests. I have not been able to find a video or transcript of the entire press conference on July 8th. If anyone has seen it, would you please post a link? TIA.

I find it hard to believe that if LE hasn't had any other suspects since May that they are still tying up loose ends on the one suspect they have in custody. JMO

After an arrest is made the investigation is still far from complete. jmo

sbm bbm

I've read his exact words several times and have watched & listened to his stmts at cnn link.
Said before- giving his stmts great weight as to FBIgen'l investigation protocol, esp as he left FBI so recently (Ap-2014, IIRC) and I suppose many others here would agree.

Repeating the question in my earlier post: Has he stated he has case-specific info re progress? If he has, I've missed it.

JM2cts, have bungled or forgotten a few points of info re this case, could be all wrong.

He gave his opinion that LE in the Savopoulos case: "by now they have had enough time to do lab examinations, to get records- typically in this case phone records that may put others in proximity to the crime scene. To lift fingerprints and get other DNA from the scene."
In light of no other suspects being named in the Savopoulos case he then asks "Now the question is: does that exist? "

JMO

He also tweeted the Chief downplayed further arrests. Investigation of someone charged with a crime doesn't end with their arrest.
And he's right. Going on nine weeks later...there have been no other arrests and given that time frame it seems unlikely there will be.

IMO it's looking like this horrible event was hatched and carried out solely by Wint.

sbm bbm

I've read his exact words several times and have watched & listened to his stmts at cnn link.
Said before- giving his stmts great weight as to FBIgen'l investigation protocol, esp as he left FBI so recently (Ap-2014, IIRC) and I suppose many others here would agree.

Repeating the question in my earlier post: Has he stated he has case-specific info re progress? If he has, I've missed it.

JM2cts, have bungled or forgotten a few points of info re this case, could be all wrong.

If LE wants to keep details of the case quiet, they would be crazy to share them with Hosko. I think if LE wants to give out information, they'll do it themselves. JMO

Having read a bunch of the transcripts of Hosko on MSM opining about the case, it doesn't appear that he has any more information than we do. He has said a lot of things in addition to the quote about LE having time to collect forensic evidence at the house. A few examples:

* About JW lying to investigators: "If you're lying about something that seems inconsequential, than usually there is a reason for that," Ron Hosko, the former Assistant Director of the FBI explained. http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/dc/2015/06/04/police-search-car-savopolous-assistant/28493037/
* Former FBI Director Ron Hosko says detectives are trying to find if there’s any connection between Wint and Wallace. http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/06/04/investigators-reveal-new-clues-in-dc-mansion-murders/
*"It is incredibly brazen. Shows an element of calm that the person didn't feel rushed." and "Certainly, he was sadistic killer. The son might have been used as the tool to make sure the parents were compliant."
http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1505/21/ebo.01.html
* About SS' VM to NG: "Well it's going to tell me one I need to get that recording analyze to see are there extremeness noises that are spiking up in the background." and "Is that somebody in the background under the rest hollering?" On AS text to NG: "That would indicate that the event has started that the offender or the offenders are in the house with Amy that she's under their control." On DNA on the pizza crust: "That looks like the pivotal piece of evidence." On Savvas calling AB (VF's husband) on Thursday morning: "Well, certainly that Mr. Savopoulos is still alive, the manipulation is ongoing because the plot to deliver the money is still on working progress." On the victims being stabbed: "It seems as though the killer enjoyed going about his work." On the well-groomed man seen driving the Porsche on Thursday: "Is this a coconspirator? Did he call a friend and say, "Come get this car for me?" And if so, who's the friend?"
http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1506/23/csr.02.html

He also tweeted the Chief downplayed further arrests. Investigation of someone charged with a crime doesn't end with their arrest.
And he's right. Going on nine weeks later...there have been no other arrests and given that time frame it seems unlikely there will be.

IMO it's looking like this horrible event was hatched and carried out solely by Wint.

What I'm saying is, in response to his tweet: "On Savopoulos murders, Chief Lanier downplays further arrests." I asked him "What did the chief say specifically regarding further arrests? Did she say if they have anyone else in custody related to the murders?" and his response was "no other arrests. Still investigating."

How does "no other arrests. still investigating" indicate that the chief is downplaying further arrests? I would think downplaying more arrests would mean she said something that indicated they did not expect to make further arrests. NOT that she would say they have not made any more arrests and they are still investigating. It is a stretch to make that inference from a few noncommittal words from Chief Lanier. JMO

Do you have any specific indications, from someone that is knowledgeable about this particular crime, that lack of additional arrests 9 weeks after the murders means there will be no further arrests? Or is it your gut instinct that tells you that? I think I'm seeing the same information as you, but I'm not drawing the same conclusion. I may be missing some key information. TIA.

He gave his opinion that LE in the Savopoulos case: "by now they have had enough time to do lab examinations, to get records- typically in this case phone records that may put others in proximity to the crime scene. To lift fingerprints and get other DNA from the scene."
In light of no other suspects being named in the Savopoulos case he then asks "Now the question is: does that exist? "

JMO

If I can paraphrase, I think al66pine is saying Ron Hosko has FBI experience that makes his opinion an informed opinion on generalities. The question is, does Hosko also have insider information about the Savopoulos/VF case from LE involved in the actual investigation, that would make his opinion even more informed than someone with only his FBI experience. (Sorry if I'm off base, al66pine.)

I think even some of us newer web sleuths know it's been enough time for LE to collect forensic evidence from the crime scenes and obtain phone records. He asks the question "does that exist?" meaning forensic evidence. It would be really helpful if he knew the answer to that question and could/would share it with the rest of us. Since he didn't answer the question he posed, it appears he doesn't know what is going on in the investigation any more than any other retired FBI official. JMO

Yes. Former assistant director of FBI, Hosko. He commented on this case on CNN. FBI agents work home invasions and know how evidence is collected and analyzed

Former Asst Director FBI Ron Hosko
"Certainly by now they have had enough time to do lab examinations, to get records- typically in this case phone records that may put others in proximity to the crime scene. To lift fingerprints and get other DNA from the scene. Now the question is: does that exist?"

If only you would have posted this information before! All would be put to bed! (I am kidding. Have a good night.)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by SeesSeas

Re: "I do know that the accountant said he took out $40k from BofA."
How do you *know* that the accountant said he took out $40k from BofA? Did the accountant tell you this?

OK but how do we know for certain that the accountant is truthful or that the accountant really said this? What LE wrote in their official affidavit doesn't mean it's true. It's just stating what someone said.
I don't know for certain that the accountant actually said he took out $40k from BofA.
What I do know is that it is written in the LE affidavit that the other employee [accountant] stated such.

I think the employees at BofA would be able to corroborate. And they video to boot. So, though the acct is not my personal friend, LE would have had an easy time figuring out that what he was saying was true--and that what JW was saying was untrue (going into the bank-DOH).

If I can paraphrase, I think al66pine is saying Ron Hosko has FBI experience that makes his opinion an informed opinion on generalities. The question is, does Hosko also have insider information about the Savopoulos/VF case from LE involved in the actual investigation, that would make his opinion even more informed than someone with only his FBI experience. (Sorry if I'm off base, al66pine.)

I think even some of us newer web sleuths know it's been enough time for LE to collect forensic evidence from the crime scenes and obtain phone records. He asks the question "does that exist?" meaning forensic evidence. It would be really helpful if he knew the answer to that question and could/would share it with the rest of us. Since he didn't answer the question he posed, it appears he doesn't know what is going on in the investigation any more than any other retired FBI official. JMO

As a retired FBI agent, with experience in evidence collection/analysis and crime investigation....after commenting (May after Wints arrest) previously about possible JW involvement or others being involved.....Hosko on July 2 now believes it's reasonable to ask if evidence in fact exists that anyone else is involved

So yes...an experienced former FBI agent, having the same information, thinks after this amount of time it's looking like there's no evidence of the involvement of others.

What I'm saying is, in response to his tweet: "On Savopoulos murders, Chief Lanier downplays further arrests." I asked him "What did the chief say specifically regarding further arrests? Did she say if they have anyone else in custody related to the murders?" and his response was "no other arrests. Still investigating."

How does "no other arrests. still investigating" indicate that the chief is downplaying further arrests? I would think downplaying more arrests would mean she said something that indicated they did not expect to make further arrests. NOT that she would say they have not made any more arrests and they are still investigating. It is a stretch to make that inference from a few noncommittal words from Chief Lanier. JMO

Do you have any specific indications, from someone that is knowledgeable about this particular crime, that lack of additional arrests 9 weeks after the murders means there will be no further arrests? Or is it your gut instinct that tells you that? I think I'm seeing the same information as you, but I'm not drawing the same conclusion. I may be missing some key information. TIA.

Every post I've made is MOO. The fact that Lanier is "still investigating" and has made "no other arrests" and is "downplaying further arrests" to me confirms what ex FBI Hosko is saying...after this amount of time it's looking like the evidence of others involvement may not exist.

I do realize it's not as intricate or grand if there's no conspiracy involving employees or grand theft auto but sometimes a lone maniac can kick in a door, tie up and threaten a family, demand money and once he gets it kill the witnesses and flee. I do not feel this theory is unreasonable and in fact after this length of time may prove true.
JMO, IMO, MOO

So could JW have gone back to house, parked the BMW a block away. Driven the Porsche to the church parking lot and then ubered/cabbed back to the BMW to arrive around 2 (maybe 2:30)? That way he could get his car, etc.

i still think the Porsche was planned to be stolen but then things went wrong and they had to burn it. Either that, or there was major evidence in it.

To me, the burning Porsche and the role it played re:JW has not been explored enough.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by facundo

Not likely.
May 14 11:30 - 12:00 JW recorded on video at Lowes in Chantilly
May 14 1:24 fire reported to DC Fire Dept.
May 14 1:30 Porsche spotted by W3 driving erratically on New York Ave, NE
May 14 approximately 2:00 JW arrived at the house
May 14 5:30 Porsche fire reported in Hyattsville.
Neither the Bentley nor the Mosler were reported missing and in fact photos confirm that Mosler was still in the garage after the crime.

Not Home Depot. As reported, JW was at Lowes and he was allegedly there a couple of hours before the fire.
11:30 PM JW at Lowes
1:24 PM Fire

Thx! Was not challenging at all! Just wanted to be sure of what you were saying. The best thing JW has going for him is that he actually did head to Chantilly, based on the video and pings. That would unravel if he was not with his phone.

Suggesting here I think another form of verification would be the surveillance cameras in the store. I'm suspecting the store has cameras located upon entrance to the store, some inside the store and almost for sure above each register recording each transaction.

They should be able to match, date/time and print a copy of each receipt of any purchase made at each register. Providing the surveillance system was working properly.

MOO

Except that LE has publicly declared it was DW running from the burning car. No doubt running through the trees to his sister's home.

Sorry, I have not seen a public declaration of that - I'd love to see the link.

As a retired FBI agent, with experience in evidence collection/analysis and crime investigation....after commenting (May after Wints arrest) previously about possible JW involvement or others being involved.....Hosko on July 2 now believes it's reasonable to ask if evidence in fact exists that anyone else is involved

So yes...an experienced former FBI agent, having the same information, thinks after this amount of time it's looking like there's no evidence of the involvement of others.

I don't believe he said that. He asked (rhetorically?) if the evidence exists. He did not say "I don't believe it exists" or "It doesn't exist." It's a trick those talking heads do - they don't actually say anything, but they expect the listener to fill in the blanks with their own opinion, so no matter what, he's "right" (or at least not wrong.) Washington DC is full of these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tkm0284