DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this was an important time gap in this crime. I've heard he ran to his sisters and didn't someone say he was on the front porch of his father, not clear on this.....
Where did the DVR from the security cameras go?
Did LE obtain SW's for his sister and fathers house?
Was the DVR in the burned Porsche?
Were his sister and fathers phones collected or a S/W obtained?
Where was that Porsche in that missing time gap? ....
. sbm

Peliman -
Excellent questions.^
Had not thought before about poss of DVR being in Porsche.

OK, "my client wasn't anywhere near Woodland Drive on the day of the murders. He has five witnesses who can vouch for his whereabouts. My client does not even like pizza. The Domino's delivery man said he left the pizza on the front porch, at 9:45 p.m. on the 13th and then he left. On the other hand W1 states that he actually entered the house at 10:25 on the 14th and delivered $40,000 to the red car in the garage. SS tried to call him on his cell phone at 11: 45 but he didn't respond to the call. Subsequently he was seen by police at the scene of the crime near the time of the fire. He also lied to the police investigating this crime." Now ladies and gentlemen, who are you going to believe?

The prosecution. Oh, was that a rhetorical question?

I think this was an important time gap in this crime. I've heard he ran to his sisters and didn't someone say he was on the front porch of his father, not clear on this.

But

Where was that Porsche in that missing time gap?

Just curious

Very good list of questions
I'd also like to see the SW return on the gf apartment in NYC

I think this was an important time gap in this crime. I've heard he ran to his sisters and didn't someone say he was on the front porch of his father, not clear on this.

But

Where was that Porsche in that missing time gap?

Just curious

bbm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...707c0c-ffa7-11e4-833c-a2de05b6b2a4_story.html

Just one report of many MSM for that person's house being searched Wed night when they knew whose DNA it was.

My opinion: I think the Porsche was with Wint either while he was visiting someone's very nearby apt, in the church parking lot where it was found or possibly hidden amongst the trees and vegetation area between the parking lot and the someone's apt. I think he stole it just as transportation to get to familiar ground. To continue driving it would be like a target; anybody who knew him would know the car wasn't his, and the news had been out for almost a week by then.

in JW car, external drives also refer to thumb drives which could have been for the camera and laptop he had there, too. Just saying that because 1) I doubt that the security recorder was in his car and 2) I *think* the dvr device is larger than a thumb drive. Anybody know for sure? LOL, maybe I'm still picturing the old VCR type for security "tapes"

:hilarious:

I think this was an important time gap in this crime. I've heard he ran to his sisters and didn't someone say he was on the front porch of his father, not clear on this.....
Where was that Porsche in that missing time gap? ....
. sbm

Peliman -
Excellent questions.^
Had not thought before about poss of DVR being in Porsche.

Does the physical DVR even matter? Don't home security systems send data to cloud/security company? I know we researched a great deal on Mosler alarm /lock, but has anyone looked into alarm companies? Even ADT sends video offsite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the physical DVR even matter? Don't home security systems send data to cloud/security company? I know we researched a great deal on Mosler alarm /lock, but has anyone looked into alarm companies? Even ADT sends video offsite.

Hopefully it was sent to a cloud but DVR's require a number of locks and keys (metaphorically speaking) to make them work properly. Not to mention server addressing information can change with resets or power outages, disabling a number of features. I wouldn't hang my hat on that DVR sending to a cloud until they say.

Hopefully it was sent to a cloud but DVR's require a number of locks and keys (metaphorically speaking) to make them work properly. Not to mention server addressing information can change with resets or power outages, disabling a number of features. I wouldn't hang my hat on that DVR sending to a cloud until they say.

If DW forced AS or SS to tell him how to disarm the alarm there might not be much in the cloud....but surely something survived?
Does it store info immediately or back up info at a certain time each day?

IMO there could be video from other homeowners security systems which has been useful to the investigation as well

bbm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...707c0c-ffa7-11e4-833c-a2de05b6b2a4_story.html

Just one report of many MSM for that person's house being searched Wed night when they knew whose DNA it was.

My opinion: I think the Porsche was with Wint either while he was visiting someone's very nearby apt, in the church parking lot where it was found or possibly hidden amongst the trees and vegetation area between the parking lot and the someone's apt. I think he stole it just as transportation to get to familiar ground. To continue driving it would be like a target; anybody who knew him would know the car wasn't his, and the news had been out for almost a week by then.

The Porsche was found the same afternoon the fire was set in the SS home.

in JW car, external drives also refer to thumb drives which could have been for the camera and laptop he had there, too. Just saying that because 1) I doubt that the security recorder was in his car and 2) I *think* the dvr device is larger than a thumb drive. Anybody know for sure? LOL, maybe I'm still picturing the old VCR type for security "tapes"

:hilarious:

Size is about right for the DVR, about the size of an old VCR but recording goes to a hard drive and hopefully a cloud.

If DW forced AS or SS to tell him how to disarm the alarm there might not be much in the cloud....but surely something survived?
Does it store info immediately or back up info at a certain time each day? [/quote]

If working properly, it stores video immediately and sends to a cloud as fast as their upload speed allows. If working properly, it's also possible some cameras were set to turn on when motion was detected. If it was on at all.

IMO there could be video from other homeowners security systems which has been useful to the investigation as well

I question this myself and can only say it's possible but not likely. I suspect other home-owners aim their cameras at their own property, maybe driveways. I donno..

Another question I've been so curious about is "where was the Porsche between 1:30 5:30?" Wint (whoever) took it somewhere.

I was wondering if the Porsche had GPS tracking and that info is out there somewhere or if LE already knows where the car was between those times. Is GPS able to store or save records somewhere or is it only in real time?

The Porsche was found the same afternoon the fire was set in the SS home.

Size is about right for the DVR, about the size of an old VCR but recording goes to a hard drive and hopefully a cloud.

Yes, thank you for the correcting me - !DOH! I misspoke, but I didn't lie. :drumroll:

If working properly, it stores video immediately and sends to a cloud as fast as their upload speed allows. If working properly, it's also possible some cameras were set to turn on when motion was detected. If it was on at all.

I question this myself and can only say it's possible but not likely. I suspect other home-owners aim their cameras at their own property, maybe driveways. I donno..

I think there has to be video of DW driving the Porsche between the S house and the church. I don/t see how LE could know unequivocally it was DW running from the burning Porsche on the video we've all seen. I think they have additional, clearer footage that told them who was driving. JMO

Does it store info immediately or back up info at a certain time each day?

From my experience with modern alarm systems video is always active and uploads to the cloud constantly. I'm assuming alarm was off as NG suggested when DW and Co arrived. They could've given him a DVR but that doesn't mean it actually was the only place video footage went.......or SS could've bought alarm system / nanny cam 10 years ago and never upgraded which would be sad since they clearly could afford it.

I think there has to be video of DW driving the Porsche between the S house and the church. I don/t see how LE could know unequivocally it was DW running from the burning Porsche on the video we've all seen. I think they have additional, clearer footage that told them who was driving. JMO

The Australian Ambassador's mansion is across the street - and it has two large security cameras (of the type that tilt and pan) on the side of the home facing the garage. I would be surprised if these camera's didn't capture who entered and exited the home.

Forgot to post this when I read about it ~ two months ago.

"Silver Spring [MD] woman sentenced to 18 months for issuing fake driver’s licenses"

"A Silver Spring woman was sentenced to prison on Tuesday for 18 months followed by a year of supervised release for conspiracy in connection with issuing fraudulent driver’s licenses and duplicate vehicle titles, according to federal prosecutors."
"From November 2011 to August 2013, an unidentified co-conspirator paid Cure at least $5,500 to issue fraudulent titles and licenses for the co-conspirator and others..."
http://www.somdnews.com/article/20150512/NEWS/150519780&template=southernMaryland. May 12

Tho she may be in the slam now, ^ shows - there are ways of getting bogus duplicate vehicle titles. Could she have been the facilitator for DDW et al in any of his previous arrests re vehicles? IDK know if the office here she worked pre Aug 2103 would have been handy for DDW then or now. Does not really matter. Nature abhors a vacuum so opportunity is widespread.

There were several cameras on the back of the Defense Shopping Center where the video of the man with the white bucket was filmed. Police released only one clip from one camera. They may have several pictures of him at other points in his path.

Got a reminder last night about Wint hanging out for some time after the crime. Thanks

Wint must have thought he pulled off the perfect crime and wouldn't be caught. A witness places Wint at his fathers steps after the crime had occured.

"As police continued their hunt, JB, 31, a neighbor of the suspect's father, said he spotted Wint 'a day' after the slayings sitting outside his father's home.

Mr B, who lives opposite 57-year-old DB in the DC suburb of Lanham, said: 'I saw him just a couple of days ago - possibly just a day after it all happened.

'I was in and out and I saw him just sitting on the steps for an hour or so. He was just being quiet.

'He looked like he was just sitting and thinking. He had on a white-cut off shirt and black pants. He's a big guy and he's very strong.

'To see him sitting there after everything that had happened, it's very scary. I hope I never see him again.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-finding-DNA-pizza-crust.html#ixzz3fkPHrz1I

From another story

"DZ, who lives on the same street as Wint’s parents in Lanham, said she would occasionally see Wint sitting on the porch steps but that it didn’t appear he lived there full time. She said Wint’s father and his wife, Pamela, moved in about a decade ago. Wednesday night, police searched the split-level house."

So there's another SW we haven't seen.

So correct me if I'm wrong please. It was 23-25 miles to wints fathers location and the Porsche supposedly left the SS home around 1:15pm. I don't know how long it would take to get to the fathers home location. I'd suspect the Porsche arrived in Lanham, MD around 1:45 - 2pm Thursday.

I'd further speculate the Porsche contained the loot from the robbery and possibly the security system DVR. Plus the 40k blood money. That gives DW almost 3 1/2 hours to secure the 40k, whatever valuables before the car is burned to destroy whatever evidence exist in the Porsche.

Then wint gets confident and coy, hanging around his Dad's home as if nothing ever happened. Until the heat got to him and he fled for another state.

Sorry for the rambling and run on, speculating here. News story links contain names of others not involved.

So how did wint get to the bus station while fleeing?
Where did DW live if he didn't live at his fathers home?
Were those other locations (if any) searched?
Was he identified on the bus to NY?

I just heard something abut a case on TV. The attorney said the reason the state only tries a suspect for one murder (of a multiple murder) is that if s/he is found innocent, the state can then try the suspect for another one. Do you think that could play into why DW has only been charged with one murder, or do you think LE is waiting to bring additional charges on another suspect/other suspects or DW himself? If they're waiting, what do you think they are they waiting for?

I think they are waiting for DW to spill his guts on the others involved in this crime. We already have a good indication of what is coming from his fired attorney.

Got a reminder last night about Wint hanging out for some time after the crime. Thanks

Wint must have thought he pulled off the perfect crime and wouldn't be caught. A witness places Wint at his fathers steps after the crime had occured.

"As police continued their hunt, JB, 31, a neighbor of the suspect's father, said he spotted Wint 'a day' after the slayings sitting outside his father's home.

Mr B, who lives opposite 57-year-old DB in the DC suburb of Lanham, said: 'I saw him just a couple of days ago - possibly just a day after it all happened.

'I was in and out and I saw him just sitting on the steps for an hour or so. He was just being quiet.

'He looked like he was just sitting and thinking. He had on a white-cut off shirt and black pants. He's a big guy and he's very strong.

'To see him sitting there after everything that had happened, it's very scary. I hope I never see him again.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-finding-DNA-pizza-crust.html#ixzz3fkPHrz1I

From another story

"DZ, who lives on the same street as Wint&#8217;s parents in Lanham, said she would occasionally see Wint sitting on the porch steps but that it didn&#8217;t appear he lived there full time. She said Wint&#8217;s father and his wife, Pamela, moved in about a decade ago. Wednesday night, police searched the split-level house."

So correct me if I'm wrong please. It was 23-25 miles to wints fathers location and the Porsche supposedly left the SS home around 1:15pm. I don't know how long it would take to get to the fathers home location. I'd suspect the Porsche arrived in Lanham, MD around 1:45 - 2pm Thursday.

I'd further speculate the Porsche contained the loot from the robbery and possibly the security system DVR. Plus the 40k blood money. That gives DW almost 3 1/2 hours to secure the 40k, whatever valuables before the car is burned to destroy whatever evidence exist in the Porsche.

Then wint gets confident and coy, hanging around his Dad's home as if nothing ever happened. Until the heat got to him and he fled for another state.

Sorry for the rambling and run on, speculating here. News story links contain names of others not involved.

Great post. IMO he had to take a car to be able to take the dvr. We also know he took the victims cell phones. He also could have taken some small things like watches, rings and other jewelry. It will be interesting to know where these things (if taken) ended up. Did he burn the dvr and phones in the car? Throw them in a river or dumpster?

From another story

"DZ, who lives on the same street as Wint&#8217;s parents in Lanham, said she would occasionally see Wint sitting on the porch steps but that it didn&#8217;t appear he lived there full time. She said Wint&#8217;s father and his wife, Pamela, moved in about a decade ago. Wednesday night, police searched the split-level house."

Depending on the route taken the distance between St. Christopher's Episcopal Church in Lanham, and the address in on Westview Lane, Lanham MD is only five or six miles. There is a Greyhound bus station at the New Carrolton Metro station in Hyattsville, MD. This is within walking distance of Wint's address as shown on the Charging Document. Other than the address on the charging document Wint had no other known fixed address. His most recent published home location was Brooklyn, NY as shown on his facebook page. It is possible that he was living at his girlfriend's house. One witness in Brooklyn mentioned that he saw Wint sometime in the past six months. Another witness spotted him before his capture near Glenwood Road and Rockaway Parkway in Brooklyn, NY. There are no published sitings of Wint on the bus to New York.

Wint's girlfriend was located in a Jamaican restaurant in Canarcie, Brooklyn by pinging her cell phone. Wint's girlfriend's house was searched on 05/21. http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...-Missed-New-York-City-Brooklyn-304688561.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...tims-family-grateful-arrest-article-1.2232197

The address in Lanham, MD was searched and police were seen removing documents and one or more white buckets.
http://wtvr.com/2015/05/21/source-pizza-crust-led-d-c-police-to-name-suspect-in-quadruple-homicide/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1