DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

I think what FACUNDO was trying to say was that the records from the carrier are much more detailed and comprehensive than what JW actually had on his phone during that interview.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The May 18 SW was for cell detailed records and cell site locations from his carrier "AT&T OR ANY OTHER SERVICE PROVIDER..."

I'd love to know what you mean by this post but in your original post you said that the SW was obtained on the 14th and that is obviously not the case. <modsnip>

I'd love to know what you mean by this post but in your original post you said that the SW was obtained on the 14th and that is obviously not the case. Just Sayin'.

<modsnip> I believe my original post said, "You can safely assume police got permission or else got a search warrant to look at JW's phone on the spot on 14 May."

To clarify this statement for you, IMO Police asked for and got permission to examine JW's phone on the spot,
or if JW refused permission to examine his phone, Police got a quick search warrant to search on the spot, which is not uncommon. This would have occurred near the house when they first encountered JW on the 14th of May.

Police got a SW to search JW's car on the 15th.

:stop:

Please stop with the snarky comments now.

Thank you.

I'd love to know what you mean by this post but in your original post you said that the SW was obtained on the 14th and that is obviously not the case. <modsnip>

I want to know if the SW was obtained on the 14th or the 18th. It's a simple question and if it's the 14th, I'd like a link.

It's all over the place. Usually the preliminary hearing occurs to establish that there is probable cause to continue the case. That involves presentation of some of the evidence, physical and sometimes testimony. Sometimes the defendent will try to show there is reason to believe s/he isn't guilty. However, they don't always go that way. I predict that the public defenders will say that they have not had adequate time to prepare, and the judge will have to rule on whether to grant them more time. If denied they'll probably move to dismiss and the hearing will move forward (doubt the judge will dismiss). This process varies from court to court, and I am not an attorney, so I am not 100% positive that's the way it will go, but that's what I have usually seen.

And then if there was a Grand Jury what is expected with that? Would the Grand Jury find evidence that might be used in Preliminary Hearing or is Grand Jury only for indicting additional perps.

And then if there was a Grand Jury what is expected with that? Would the Grand Jury find evidence that might be used in Preliminary Hearing or is Grand Jury only for indicting additional perps.

Usually the defendant gets at least partial discovery of the evidence. The DC Grand Jury is different from most grand juries. They will hear from a witness on Case A, then from a witness or two on Case B, etc. there might be a dozen or more cases going on concurrently. It is possible that grand jury testimony will bump up the charges against Wint.

In any case, we should know a few more particulars after the Monday hearing.

I want to know if the SW was obtained on the 14th or the 18th. It's a simple question and if it's the 14th, I'd like a link.

Please see post #223 which states the condition under which a SW on the 14th might have been obtained. Such a search warrant at the time of the crime would not necessarily be released to the public.

What are the odds DW was involved in some sort of Asian knife / sword classes, competitions as a hobby in Maryland and heard about opening of SS's dojo? Perhaps that was the instigator.

http://www.mmaofbowie.com
http://capitalmma.com/takoma-park/
http://www.stickandknifefighting.com/

IMO DW was more into a cowardly use of his knives rather than the respectful mano a mano practiced in martial arts. His history shows him to be more of a control freak and a bully than someone who would engage in a fair fight.

<modsnip> I believe my original post said, "You can safely assume police got permission or else got a search warrant to look at JW's phone on the spot on 14 May."

To clarify this statement for you, IMO Police asked for and got permission to examine JW's phone on the spot,
or if JW refused permission to examine his phone, Police got a quick search warrant to search on the spot, which is not uncommon. This would have occurred near the house when they first encountered JW on the 14th of May.

Police got a SW to search JW's car on the 15th.

How do you get a quick search warrant on the spot? I'm not sure where the "safely assumes" comes in.

How do you get a quick search warrant on the spot? I'm not sure where the "safely assumes" comes in.

If you are a police officer you go to your squad car and contact your Hq which has a direct link to a judge who decides based on the justification and urgency of the request to grant or deny the SW. The search warrant can be printed out in the officer's squad car or delivered by another police officer. This is often used in traffic cases where drugs are suspected and the driver refuses permission to search his vehicle.

Please see post #223 which states the condition under which a SW on the 14th might have been obtained. Such a search warrant at the time of the crime would not necessarily be released to the public.

Please clarify what you mean by "quick search warrant". Sounds like huge speculation to me. AGAIN, judge signed warrant on the 18th. So where is the warrant that was signed on the 14th. <modsnip>

Please clarify what you mean by "quick search warrant". Sounds like huge speculation to me. AGAIN, judge signed warrant on the 18th. So where is the warrant that was signed on the 14th. Inquiring minds want to know.

Please read post #235.

Even if you delete vmail said they aren't totally deleted on iPhone

Ok. My voicemails disappear on my iphone when I delete them. But maybe there's some archive where the still show? It's really neither here nor there. Regardless it would be easy for LE to determine with records. It would be interesting to know if it were a convo, VM or missed call.

If you are a police officer you go to your squad car and contact your Hq which has a direct link to a judge who decides based on the justification and urgency of the request to grant or deny the SW. The search warrant can be printed out in the officer's squad car or delivered by another police officer. This is often used in traffic cases where drugs are suspected and the driver refuses permission to search his vehicle.

When someone close to me went missing, the police very quickly (within an hour or two I believe) were able to discover where the person's cell phone was last pinged. I don't know if that required a search warrant, but just shows that they can move very fast on getting phone info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guttertroll