DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear ha, but I guess I'm not understanding the debate surrounding the search warrant of JW's phone. Help me here. [emoji8]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have no idea. I think the confusion was because someone thought LE would have to wait until the second SW was issued on May 18th (for cell phone records from AT&T) to know if a particular call was placed/received. Since JW apparently gave them his phone to peruse during an interview, they would have seen it then. Also, the first SW was issued on May 15th for the actual phone for its contents (photos, texts, calls, VMs, address book, etc.) which may have also provided information about that particular call. In a nut shell, LE would have had the information because JW gave them permission to go through his phone during the interview and shortly thereafter, LE received a SW so they could do a more thorough job with or without JW's permission. Removes any questions should information found there be used at trial.

Hope that helps.

Yes, but more like 20 minutes from G'town to Cap Hill (lived in both...)...if you know how to take Rock Creek and the correct short cuts...

I would disagree on 20 minutes. Everything is moving further east and in my opinion traffic has gotten worse in past 15 years. Not sure when you lived here.

There were 2 SWs for JW's phone. 1 for records (signed May 18th) https://www.scribd.com/doc/267576746/Wint-Warrant-2 and 1 for the phone itself (signed and sealed May 15th) https://www.scribd.com/doc/267599824/Wint-Warrant-6

Thank you so much for that info. Didn't know that there was a warrant issued on the 15th. This is the first time I remember anybody mentioning that here. The link you gave didn't work for me, but I found another.

This part was interesting to me:
Evidence of violation of DC Code 22-2103.

That is 2nd degree murder. Wonder why LE didn't reference the code for 1st degree.

I also see that texts vs. phone calls seems to be clearly delineated. That makes me lean more toward the 11:54 call as actually being a call, not a text. Of course, that is relying on the not-too-reliable media.

Yes, 14 miles is a long distance in this area. Many people wouldn't date someone or take a job that far away. Super inconvenient. It can take 45 minutes from Georgetown to Capitol Hill and that's only 7 miles. The demographic of people who live in Lanham don't just don't "happen upon" a residence off Embassy Row. SS didn't live on a busy street like Massachusetts Avenue.
I feel the same way. DW would have been completely out of his comfort zone in Embassy Row. Even brazen criminals aren't stupid enough to randomly target a home in the midst of ambassadors and high level politicians. Unless you are certain that security systems can be circumvented and neutralized, you just aren't going to target a home in this area. DW was just a drone taking his marching orders from someone else.

I would disagree on 20 minutes. Everything is moving further east and in my opinion traffic has gotten worse in past 15 years. Not sure when you lived here.
Seriously--It takes me 15-20 minutes...Rock Creek to the Hill. Of course when traffic is directed that way on Rock Creek...coming back you just go behind the Kennedy Center and get off on Penn. Ave. 15 minutes, try it ;) If you are higher up in NW it's a bit longer...but if you're near Woodley Park/Cleveland Park/CT Ave, just take Rock Creek!

Ok, SS did not live on a busy street like Mass Ave...but he lived on an 'off shoot' of Mass Ave...just 'up the road' ...it's a short cut for those in his neighborhood...but definitely there are videos from embassies *if* cars drove to the home...if not, tricky if there is video...I want to know how Wint got to the house...it would be recorded for certain if driven...if not, questionable...
Across from the VP's residence is the Vatican Embassy (unmarked) ... the entire area is video recorded...DC police must have copious video from the area...

IMO these days, in a city, we are being recorded more often than not
Aaron Hernandez was recorded the whole evening he killed his victim. From the restaurant where he ate dinner to the place they bought gas to picking up the victim and driving around with him.

I would bet that at the very least, part of the crew is cooperating with LE. We know that the women have already admitted to purchasing money orders. That is enough to make me believe that they started talking, when they were taken to the police station...and, probably didn't stop. My guess is that LE probably has a very good handle on what happened, and who the players were. Much of what they're looking for, will be in the phone records, IMO. I would bet that DW did not use a burner phone (before, during, or after). Once they had his name, LE were able to track and find him fast. IMO, probably through his phone and some others' phones, as well. I watch and read a lot of true crime stories, (ID is my fave channel, Lol) and those cell phones, get a lot of criminals caught...they are careless with their phones. Follow the phones and the money! If there are no delays at the hearing, this thread will be blowing up tomorrow, Lol.
It will be interesting to see if any of the five people with him when he was arrested turn out to be witnesses against him. Eventually they will be witnesses or accomplices unless they can strike a deal.

IMO these days, in a city, we are being recorded more often than not
Aaron Hernandez was recorded the whole evening he killed his victim. From the restaurant where he ate dinner to the place they bought gas to picking up the victim and driving around with him.

DC Police Chief Cathy Lanier would agree with you.
"There’s not many place in any area that you go where there’s not videos. We’ve got a lot of video to review.. " http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...36d0aa-fb24-11e4-9ef4-1bb7ce3b3fb7_story.html

image.jpg

Only two things that money can't buy
And that's true love and homegrown tomatoes

This article is two years old so imagine how many more cameras there are today

Investigators retrieved video from the Metropolitan Police Department’s 123 closed-circuit television cameras and the District’s network of red light and Department of Transportation cameras 931 times in fiscal 2012 — an increase of 15 percent over the previous year, according to police department data. Police pulled video 796 times in fiscal 2011 and sought it 722 times in 2010.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ras-become-top-crime-fighting-/#ixzz3gMPKgxhV

I would bet that at the very least, part of the crew is cooperating with LE. We know that the women have already admitted to purchasing money orders. That is enough to make me believe that they started talking, when they were taken to the police station...and, probably didn't stop. My guess is that LE probably has a very good handle on what happened, and who the players were. Much of what they're looking for, will be in the phone records, IMO. I would bet that DW did not use a burner phone (before, during, or after). Once they had his name, LE were able to track and find him fast. IMO, probably through his phone and some others' phones, as well. I watch and read a lot of true crime stories, (ID is my fave channel, Lol) and those cell phones, get a lot of criminals caught...they are careless with their phones. Follow the phones and the money! If there are no delays at the hearing, this thread will be blowing up tomorrow, Lol.

You are correct that DW used his own phone after the crime. Then being double dumb, he left his phone with his GF in New York. That is how police tracked down his GF at a Jamaican restaurant in Canarcie, Brooklyn. On his trip back to DC he must have been using one of the stolen phones because police located him at the Howard Johnson's by pinging a phone.

May 21 Thursday Washington police pinged Wint's girlfriend’s phone and tracked her down Thursday, sources said. She was picked up at a Brooklyn fast food joint and brought to the 69th Precinct stationhouse, where sources described her as cooperative.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/05/21/dc-quadruple-murder/
http://sandrarose.com/2015/05/d-c-m...s-on-expensive-cab-ride-from-brooklyn-to-d-c/

I can barely wait for tomorrows prelim. I really hope the state puts forth some of it's case against DW. I want to know what else they have and if they are still looking at other perps.

I thought it odd at first. Guests who park on that street or in the driveway (assuming there was room)? or delivery people. Honest to gosh, there still exist those houses that have a "delivery doorbell". That's not a reflection of the inhabitants, just the era of the house.

And there is a door in garage to kitchen where the help would take deliveries of things they didn't want brought through front foyer. Makes sense to me.

I can barely wait for tomorrows prelim. I really hope the state puts forth some of it's case against DW. I want to know what else they have and if they are still looking at other perps.

Me too!!!

Me too!!!

Not me, would make more sense to make a delivery through a back door. Most formal old houses have doors that go in through the kitchen or a separate mud room. Maybe things got reconfigured over the years, but I've never heard of an older house set up so that deliveries that had to be made through the garage. JMO.

Not me, would make more sense to make a delivery through a back door. Most formal old houses have doors that go in through the kitchen or a separate mud room. Maybe things got reconfigured over the years, but I've never heard of an older house set up so that deliveries that had to be made through the garage. JMO.

Actually the Savopouolos house has a back entry up the stairs to the right of the garage, it leads to a door in the kitchen.
I don't understand how one can be certain where deliveries will be made. I have several outside entrances and delivery persons come to whichever door they see first from their vehicle, no matter what instructions I specify.

House end 2014 Path to back.jpg

For those of us that are chomping at the bit for tomorrow mornings preliminary hearing:

http://www.legalinfo.com/content/criminal-law/stages-of-a-criminal-case-preliminary-hearing.html

The preliminary hearing is a step in the criminal case process that typically follows directly after the defendant's arraignment. It is often referred to as the evidentiary hearing, and can be understood as a "trial before the trial."

During a preliminary hearing, the judge will decide whether or not there is substantial evidence to hold a trial. Many states do not require a preliminary hearing unless the defendant is charged with a felony. Also, a preliminary hearing will not be held if a plea bargain is settled upon after the arraignment.

In deciding whether or not there is substantial evidence to hold a trial, the prosecutor and the defendant's attorney will attempt to convince the judge that there is either sufficient or insufficient evidence for a trial to be held. Also, in some states and jurisdictions, a jury may be used to determine whether or not the evidence is sufficient or substantial enough to take the case to trial.

The prosecutor, representing the government, is the one attempting to convince the judge or jury that there is sufficient evidence for a trial, while the defendant's attorney will attempt to prove that there is not enough evidence to hold a trial. The prosecutor will present physical evidence and even call witnesses to testify. The defendant's attorney will cross-examine the witnesses and try to convince the judge otherwise. A preliminary hearing often determines what evidence will be admitted in the trial, if one is to take place.

The prosecution will typically present enough evidence in the preliminary hearing to ensure that the will trial takes place. This strategy will prevent the defense from seeing the prosecution's entire case and evidence before the trial.
If the prosecution cannot present sufficient evidence to take the case to trial, then the charges can be dropped. It is important to note that the preliminary hearing does not determine if the defendant is guilty or not guilty. The judge will simply determine if probable cause can be used in the case. Also, he or she must determine whether or not the crime took place in the court's jurisdiction.

Actually, I should probably not get too excited. Way too often, these hearings get waylaid. One or both sides ask for extensions, etc. :mad:

The garage was added and not original. Imo easier to enter through garage than to go up the steps and around the backyard with little lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1