DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just followed the McStaY Case preliminary hearing by tweets last month. I imagine we will follow this one by tweets as well. I doubt the judge will allow news cams inside.

At the McStay Prelim the State put a whole lot of their evidence out there. They discussed their cell logs and their ping maps and they discussed some extortion by the defendant, stealing from the victim's QuickBook account. They discussed the timeline of the murders and what they found in the 4 victims graves. It was quite extensive.

I hope we see a similar layout of evidence tomorrow.

I agree. Having a keypad, makes the most sense, IMO. It's also a safer option, than having remote controls inside vehicles that are left parked outside. If the vehicle is broken into, the criminal has access into the garage, and possibly into the house. And, the S family had a safe in the garage. I know tons of people that have garage keypads, but know zero people that have doorbells mounted on the frame, around the garage door. If I had a large safe and a Mosler sitting in my garage, I wouldn't want that to be an entry point, for strangers. Also, didn't AS instruct the pizza delivery man to leave the pizza on the front porch, as opposed to ringing the bell, and leaving it by the garage?
Not me, would make more sense to make a delivery through a back door. Most formal old houses have doors that go in through the kitchen or a separate mud room. Maybe things got reconfigured over the years, but I've never heard of an older house set up so that deliveries that had to be made through the garage. JMO.

I just followed the McStaY Case preliminary hearing by tweets last month. I imagine we will follow this one by tweets as well. I doubt the judge will allow news cams inside.

At the McStay Prelim the State put a whole lot of their evidence out there. They discussed their cell logs and their ping maps and they discussed some extortion by the defendant, stealing from the victim's QuickBook account. They discussed the timeline of the murders and what they found in the 4 victims graves. It was quite extensive.

I hope we see a similar layout of evidence tomorrow.

Oh my! I had forgotten the preliminary was tomorrow! That is..... if it happens.

we have been speculating so much and only until the preliminary will we know a little bit more.

Thank you for the reminder!

Oh my! I had forgotten the preliminary was tomorrow! That is..... if it happens.

we have been speculating so much and only until the preliminary will we know a little bit more.

Thank you for the reminder!

That's right--IF IT HAPPENS. There is nothing worse than a 3 minute Preliminary Hearing. Someone just stands up and says 'Your Honor, My dog ate my homework and I am asking for a 3 month continuance...' so freaking frustrating....

The garage was added and not original. Imo easier to enter through garage than to go up the steps and around the backyard with little lighting.

I totally agree it's easier to go through the garage, that's part of why I think the fact that we can see what looks like a keypad, and a keypad would make more sense, makes it likely that there is a keypad. It would be inconvenient, if you parked on the street or were just in the yard, not to be able to get in through the garage doors. I've never seen an intercom or doorbell outside a modern garage (not doubting they exist), but I have seen hundreds of keypads. If there is an old-fashioned "delivery entrance" it would predate the garage and would likely be around back. I've never seen a delivery person ring a doorbell on a garage to make a delivery. I think that the contractor just forgot or was misquoted or there was some other explanation. He never mentioned a doorbell, which to my mind would have been noteworthy. JMO.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...t-for-dc-mansion-savopoulos-murders/30403319/

WASHINGTON (AP) - A man accused of killing a wealthy family and their housekeeper inside a Washington mansion is due back in court for a preliminary hearing.
Police say Wint held the family captive for 18 hours inside their home until he received a $40,000 ransom. At that point, police say he beat and stabbed them to death and set the house on fire.

I am REALLY hoping for some more details to be released today at the hearing.

Hearing today's case:

http://www.jordanscholarship.org/about/board-members/rhonda-reid-winston

Rhonda Reid Winston is a judge in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia. She was appointed to the Superior Court bench in 1994 by President William Jefferson Clinton. Judge Winston is also a member of the adjunct faculty at The George Washington University Law School, where she teaches Advanced Trial Advocacy in the LLM program. Judge Winston is a 1976 *advertiser censored* laude graduate of Duke University, where she was an Angier B. Duke Memorial Scholar and a recipient of a National Achievement Scholarship. She received her law degree from Duke University School of Law in 1979, and is an Honorary Life Member of its Board of Visitors. Before her appointment to the bench, Judge Winston spent nine years with the Public Defender Service, and during her tenure there served as a Staff Attorney, Special Litigation Counsel, and Deputy Director.

I don't drink but I'd take a pitcher of margaritas about now.

Does anyone have a link to anyone covering the hearing?

yeah... does anybody have a link?

Might be tough, looking for leaks.

Photography, Video-Recording, and Audio-Recording
Photography, video-recording, and audio-recording are prohibited within the District of Columbia Courts. Prohibited photography, video-recording, and audio-recording includes cellular telephones and other electronic devices, such as personal assistant devices or palm notepads with built-in features enabling the device to take photographs, or make audio- or video- recordings.
All persons entering the courthouse with a camera or recording device will be asked to leave it with the Court Security Officer.
1/1
Jun 27, 2011

http://www.dccourts.gov/internet/globalcontentlocator.jsf

Total people shot in DC last night = 11. Total died = 3. Must be the heat.

I believe it started about an hour or so ago, and since there hasn't been word it's been postponed or delayed, like last time, I assume it's a go? Hopefully we will get lots of new information today. My heart breaks for the girls and for the entire families of all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1