DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My brain just keeps going back to the fact how could SS w all his martial arts training not have done something ...thrashed DW or sent him a judo kick .....texted help or said help in his messages or give any indication something amiss--SS must have seriously believed if he carried out all DW requests he would have saved his family. The entire thing is so unconscionable to me. That is why in my mind I HAVE BELIEVE there was someone else in the house with DW.

I would guess perp already had his family tied up when SS showed up. So SS would be concerned if he did anything, perp would have enough time to kill his child and his wife.

My mind is sort of boggled by the fact that DW commits arson and quadruple murder and decides his immigration status is so pressing that he needs a Saturday appointment? He must be a total moron.

IMO it could have been the motive. DW was obviously concerned that he might face deportation after his recent (March) arrest. He needed cash for a lawyer...

"Wallace allegedly returned to the scene of the crime and said his car was parked inside police tape. The detective said that indicated he was there before the tape went up and came back hours later. "

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/detective-2-d-c-mansion-murder-victims-were-strangled/

He sure was! He performed his job and delivered the money that his SS requested he do. I find it egregious that it's okay to publish crap as long as you put the word "allegedly" somewhere in there.

This is the sentence preceding that quote above:

"Wallace has not been charged and was never told by detectives that he was a suspect, according to court testimony."

I

So what car was he driving that day...if his car was parked near the house before the fire was discovered?

No, it doesn't mean that. All it means he got to the scene before police put up the tape. Do you know when police put up the tape? Could have been hours later, after the fire.

Why are we assuming that the prosecution team won't hold up well in court?

For starters they already haven't held up well in court on whether or not there was forced entry where they have already used what turns out to be a firefighter's boot print as evidence to go to the court to get search warrants. It sounds like they're still going around in circles by apparently saying their basing the home invasion time in part based on a broken window at 6 PM. To have a case you have to stick to a story and so for they're not getting their story straight on multiple things as they've changed the cause of death for two people, can't explain the text (that itself may be explainable, but it's not only that I'm looking at) and they used a firefighter's boot print to obtain search warrants saying that showed signs of forced entry that expressly had been determined not to come from first responders.

http://abcnews.go.com/beta/US/husband-strangled-dc-mansion-slayings-prosecutors/story?id=32571700

Ago also requested that a surveillance video image be shown to the court. The image came from the Bank of America where $40,000 in cash was withdrawn. In the photo, an American Ironworks employee is seen withdrawing the money with Wallace in the background.

The defense pointed out that the money was withdrawn in four stacks of $100 bills, totaling $10,000 for each stack. Wallace sent a photo of the money to his girlfriend, but that photo depicted only two stacks of cash. Owens acknowledged that Wallace is the only person who could say whether all four stacks of cash delivered to the house.

Wallace has not been charged in the case.

That would make it seem like JW's first account of how things happened is closer to the actuality than his second account.

I'm so confused, my head is spinning. During testimony today, didn't they state that at least $30,000 of the $40,000 had been recovered? If that's the case, then they're saying there was just $40,000.
SPECULATION: It almost makes sense why JW would take a photo of $20,000 and answer $40,000 if the accountant gave him $20,000 at AIW before they went to the bank where JW knew the accountant was going to withdraw $40,000 more. Also, almost explains why JW might think he could keep $20,000 if DW/SS was only expecting $40,000. (If he didn't know about DW, then taking the $20,000 doesn't make sense, because he could assume that SS would know at some point that JW received $60,000 or more total and only delivered $40,000.) Makes JWs various stories make more sense, too, if there was more than one money delivery within an hour. Maybe one was made in a manila envelope, the other deposited into the red lined bag. Wish they told us what was shown on the bank video.

ETA: I'm a local and the time it takes depends on the route and if there are any accidents/construction. Even at 9:45, he could hit the tail end of rush hour, but it would probably be faster than if he had left Hyattsville at 9 am. JMO

That would make it seem like JW's first account of how things happened is closer to the actuality than his second account.

He went to the bank with another employee in both accounts.

Except that ficker wasn't dw attorney for all his other cases. He had hired attorneys for some, PDs for some. According to court case details that we've seen here.

Ok... You are right, I remember now an online interview Ficker say he had handled many of DW cases. sorry about the mistake "all"

For starters they already haven't held up well in court on whether or not there was forced entry where they have already used what turns out to be a firefighter's boot print as evidence to go to the court to get search warrants. It sounds like they're still going around in circles by apparently saying their basing the home invasion time in part based on a broken window at 6 PM. To have a case you have to stick to a story and so for they're not getting their story straight on multiple things as they've changed the cause of death for two people, can't explain the text (that itself may be explainable, but it's not only that I'm looking at) and they used a firefighter's boot print to obtain search warrants saying that showed signs of forced entry that expressly had been determined not to come from first responders.

IIRC they stated the print had been ruled out as far as the standard footwear assigned to firemen. Further investigation revealed at least one fireman didn't wear his standard issue boots that day

I'm so confused, my head is spinning. During testimony today, didn't they state that at least $30,000 of the $40,000 had been recovered? If that's the case, then they're saying there was just $40,000.

Nobody ever said there was more than $40,000 other than people speculating here for no apparent reason.

Text was send after money pick up. That already has been explained. Looks like some of their original theories were wrong. It happens in real life (this ain't CSI).

That particular detective might have not known, but it's actually a red herring by the defense. Per prosecution, text to girlfriend went out at 9:57 am, after money were already picked up.

"The prosecution said the text actually came after the bank pick up, at 9:57. It noted that the text said, "my job is insane, don't tell anyone," which they said indicated that Wallace was surprised about what he was being asked to transport."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/detective-2-d-c-mansion-murder-victims-were-strangled/

That's weird because the charging documents said that witness 2 said she received the text at "approximately 9:00 AM." I guess she could have been wrong by an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8