DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, the "affiant believes all four decedents were held captive by Mr. Wint and others until the $40,000.00 forty thousand was delivered to the Savopoulos's residence by W1."
https://www.scribd.com/doc/266278174/Daron-Dylon-Wint-Charging-Documents
So if more money was collected on Thursday morning, LE believes $40,000 was delivered to the S house.

Sorry, I forgot that additional statement that was stated as objective and not "witness states"! Not saying that LE was necessarily right about everything they believed and didn't believe, but they sure did make it clear when something was attributed to someone else's statements. And I have zero feeling about how much money was picked up where, when. But the timing is weird/interesting.

Red herring. It wasn't before, it was after. Text send at 9:57 am.

"The prosecution said the text actually came after the bank pick up, at 9:57. It noted that the text said, "my job is insane, don't tell anyone," which they said indicated that Wallace was surprised about what he was being asked to transport."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/detective-2-d-c-mansion-murder-victims-were-strangled/

And this bolsters my feelings that he's not involved.

This article only mentions $20,000. What about the other $10,000 in money orders in the car Wint was riding in (mentioned earlier in Megan Cloherty's tweet and other places)? Also, it's interesting that JW left his car at the S house earlier in the day. What car did he drive to Chantilly? http://link.brightcove.com/services...kRNkBi1RYglqd0AIIsZiMZoqu&bctid=4363879650001

Also the charging documents for DW state: Detectives interviewed a witness, hereafter referred to as W2, which stated IT received a text from W1 on Thursday, May 14, 2015, at approximately 9:00 AM. W2 opened the text for detectives to view. The text contained dialogue and photos of a red lined bag with what appeared to be two bundles of cash, one of which had visibly displayed, a white money wrap band. https://www.scribd.com/doc/266278174/Daron-Dylon-Wint-Charging-Documents
BBM

So either the charging doc is wrong or the reporter is wrong. I'll see if I can find a different time for that text in other docs.

At least this answers the question of how LE knew to talk to JW right away, if they had not been previously alerted by W2 or the accountant.

I

So what car was he driving that day...if his car was parked near the house before the fire was discovered?

Butbut but, the article doesn't say that he parked there before the fire was discovered. Crime scene tape doesn't go up immediately because of all the activity of fire dept, paramedics, law enforcement.

AND they used the word "alleged" :drumroll:

That's weird because the charging documents said that witness 2 said she received the text at "approximately 9:00 AM." I guess she could have been wrong by an hour.

Well, in their excuse, nobody knows what "approximately" actually is.
In this case they were off by 57 minutes. Of course defense lawyer took it and run with it, and sounds like detective needed more preparation if he didn't know that information.
But text was send after money pick up, at 9:57 am, so it all makes sense now.

Sorry, I forgot that additional statement that was stated as objective and not "witness states"! Not saying that LE was right about everything the believed and didn't believe, but they sure did make it clear when something was attributed to someone else's statements. And I have zero feeling about how much money was picked up where, when. But the timing is weird/interesting.

ITA with everything you just said. :)

IMO it could have been the motive. DW was obviously concerned that he might face deportation after his recent (March) arrest. He needed cash for a lawyer...
IMO if one is concerned about deportation, killing someone to pay for an attorney is a stupid solution.

http://abcnews.go.com/beta/US/husband-strangled-dc-mansion-slayings-prosecutors/story?id=32571700

Ago also requested that a surveillance video image be shown to the court. The image came from the Bank of America where $40,000 in cash was withdrawn. In the photo, an American Ironworks employee is seen withdrawing the money with Wallace in the background.

The defense pointed out that the money was withdrawn in four stacks of $100 bills, totaling $10,000 for each stack. Wallace sent a photo of the money to his girlfriend, but that photo depicted only two stacks of cash. Owens acknowledged that Wallace is the only person who could say whether all four stacks of cash delivered to the house.

Wallace has not been charged in the case.

Of course, since LE has accounted for more than $30K, it's not a stretch for me to say it was all delivered. But your mileage may vary on this. LOL!

Hanover was not the attorney retained on May 16 (two days after murders).
Hanover was hired Saturday June 13 by Wints mother and siblings

Not trying to argue but was it specified today which lawyer was given the $1100 retainer by DW? If not, I think it could have been Hanover since I believe he does advertise as specializing in immigration. If he was already given money, then maybe he came forward to DW's family or if the W family were aware of Hanover having been given a retainer, maybe they approached Hanover.

He drove back to the scene as soon as he heard about the fire. So he must have arrived before police put up the tape.

"Wallace allegedly returned to the scene of the crime and said his car was parked inside police tape. The detective said that indicated he was there before the tape went up and came hours later. "

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/detectiv...ere-strangled/

Sounds like he parked....and showed up again hours later.

If he was there long enough to get his car behind the tape after the fire...how did he leave and come back "hours later."

It could mean the car was parked there before the crime and he showed up hours later.

I don't think we know for sure. But it's an interesting comment.

Well, in their excuse, nobody knows what "approximately" actually is.
In this case they were off by 57 minutes. Of course defense lawyer took it and run with it, and sounds like detective needed more preparation if he didn't know that information.
But text was send after money pick up, at 9:57 am, so it all makes sense now.

It doesn't make sense to me. LE saw the text from JW to W2, so they would have also seen the time. They also would have the actual time in the phone records.

Detectives interviewed a witness, hereafter referred to as W2, which stated IT received a text from W1 on Thursday, May 14, 2015, at approximately 9:00 AM. W2 opened the text for detectives to view. The text contained dialogue and photos of a red lined bag with what appeared to be two bundles of cash, one of which had visibly displayed, a white money wrap band. https://www.scribd.com/doc/266278174/Daron-Dylon-Wint-Charging-Documents
BBM

I don't think anyone would say approximately 9 am when a text was sent at 9:57. Approximately 10 am would make sense.

Of course, since LE has accounted for more than $30K, it's not a stretch for me to say it was all delivered. But your mileage may vary on this. LOL!

I agree with you

This article only mentions $20,000. What about the other $10,000 in money orders in the car Wint was riding in (mentioned earlier in Megan Cloherty's tweet and other places)? Also, it's interesting that JW left his car at the S house earlier in the day. What car did he drive to Chantilly? http://link.brightcove.com/services...kRNkBi1RYglqd0AIIsZiMZoqu&bctid=4363879650001

Also the charging documents for DW state: Detectives interviewed a witness, hereafter referred to as W2, which stated IT received a text from W1 on Thursday, May 14, 2015, at approximately 9:00 AM. W2 opened the text for detectives to view. The text contained dialogue and photos of a red lined bag with what appeared to be two bundles of cash, one of which had visibly displayed, a white money wrap band. https://www.scribd.com/doc/266278174/Daron-Dylon-Wint-Charging-Documents
BBM

So either the charging doc is wrong or the reporter is wrong. I'll see if I can find a different time for that text in other docs.

At least this answers the question of how LE knew to talk to JW right away, if they had not been previously alerted by W2 or the accountant.

I think it's possible that JW got to the scene in his BMW before LE taped it up, but it seems sort of weird that he left the scene and then came back several hours later. I don't think I would be able to tear myself away from a scene like that involving people I knew, even if I wanted to.

I think it's pretty obvious at this point.

You'd think so, but I think it's going to take something definitive to convince others of his innocence, just like it would take something definitive to convince me of his guilt. :)

"Wallace allegedly returned to the scene of the crime and said his car was parked inside police tape. The detective said that indicated he was there before the tape went up and came hours later. "

If he was there long enough to get his car behind the tape after the fire...how did he leave and come back "hours later."

It could mean the car was parked there before the crime and he showed up hours later.

My guess is he drove one of the S family's cars to Chantilly. Maybe we've found the missing Bentley? My head is spinning trying to think of the possibilities. All the other S family cars were also inside the crime scene tape, right?

My guess is he drove one of the S family's cars to Chantilly. Maybe we've found the missing Bentley? My head is spinning trying to think of the possibilities. All the other S family cars were also inside the crime scene tape, right?

He had the Bentley overnight? The last time he could have driven SS was the day before to the Dojo and maybe home. I doubt he'd be allowed to take the Bentley home with him.

The next day he was picking up money. He should have been in his own car because he had no assignment to drive SS anywhere. So why would HIS car be over by SS house before the tape goes up and then he ..."returns hours later?"

How did he leave? Where did he go? Why didn't he ask LE if it was possible to leave in his own car?

"Hours later? "

Except the Porsche. Maybe the witness saw a different Porsche, or got the timing or direction of the Porsche sighting incorrect...

Sounds like more JW time travel with that hour early Iphone.

IMO it could have been the motive. DW was obviously concerned that he might face deportation after his recent (March) arrest. He needed cash for a lawyer...

So possibly a tenth of a motive.... very possibly one part of multiple motives. Perhaps he was sitting on his fathers steps... thinking...."hmmmmm where do I spend all this $$" "did I forget anything in the house??" "who do I owe money too" IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcee