DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He had the Bentley overnight? The last time he could have driven SS was the day before to the Dojo and maybe home. I doubt he'd be allowed to take the Bentley home with him.

The next day he was picking up money. He should have been in his own car because he had no assignment to drive SS anywhere. So why would HIS car be over by SS house before the tape goes up and then he ..."returns hours later?"

How did he leave? Where did he go? Why didn't he ask LE if it was possible to leave in his own car?

"Hours later? "

Maybe one of the perks of the job was that whenever JW was doing an errand for the S family, he could take a car if it was convenient -- if he was going off to work on the dojo, perhaps taking a car would have been part of the deal? But then he'd have to want to head back into DC to get his car before heading back out of DC to go home.

He had the Bentley overnight? The last time he could have driven SS was the day before to the Dojo and maybe home. I doubt he'd be allowed to take the Bentley home with him.

The next day he was picking up money. He should have been in his own car because he had no assignment to drive SS anywhere. So why would HIS car be over by SS house before the tape goes up and then he ..."returns hours later?"

How did he leave? Where did he go? Why didn't he ask LE if it was possible to leave in his own car?

"Hours later? "

It could be something simple like, his car was blocked in after all of the emergency and police vehicles showed up, as the crime grew from just a fire? He might have left with NG or had a friend pick him up...or who knows what else.

In fact, that sounds like a highly probably scenario to me. But again, your mileage may vary.

And my point is that irregardless if he is found guilty of extortion, he WILL be found guilty of murder based on evidence. Do I care if he gets away with extortion because the evidence isn't clear?

NOPE! Not worried about that, at all. Let the jury say not guilty to that. No skin off my nose!

The evidence that he held the family captive and killed them is there. And that is what matters to me.

The evidence was there for OJ too, just the prosecution got themselves tripped up in some areas and wasn't able to explain other evidence well. Prosecuting a case isn't just submitting files to a jury without there being any intervening factors that apply, but things like DA credibility, witness credibility, clean narrative, etc. all enter into it. Any number of people get off from being found guilty of crimes for reasons besides lack of evidence. Up until now whatever my view of parties has been I've always taken what's come out of LE/DA as accurate, but no more. LE/DA was positive and had done an analysis of the boot print to assure the judge the first responders didn't do that and now it turns out that's false, which that undermines their credibility. You can't just compartmentalize credibility as it is all coming from the same source. If LE/DA didn't analyze something relatively simple and straightforward like a boot print correctly then it's going to call into question other evidence they present even if their analysis of that other evidence is correct, the seed of doubt could be established by the defense. I'm not sure any more that JW texted at 9 AM even though that's in other legal filings by LE/DA stating that he did and I'm not the only on here who had taken that as accurate to now call that LE/DA timeline into question that what is those filings may be wrong.

It doesn't make sense to me. LE saw the text from JW to W2, so they would have also seen the time. They also would have the actual time in the phone records.

Detectives interviewed a witness, hereafter referred to as W2, which stated IT received a text from W1 on Thursday, May 14, 2015, at approximately 9:00 AM. W2 opened the text for detectives to view. The text contained dialogue and photos of a red lined bag with what appeared to be two bundles of cash, one of which had visibly displayed, a white money wrap band. https://www.scribd.com/doc/266278174/Daron-Dylon-Wint-Charging-Documents
BBM

I don't think anyone would say approximately 9 am when a text was sent at 9:57. Approximately 10 am would make sense.

Well, they did say it. Unless you think JW invented time travel, he couldn't have possibly send a text before getting the money. And now prosecution says text was send at 9:57 am.
After money were received.

So not only JW memory missing the exact details, JW cell phone also unusual memory as well???

I don't think the phone is missing anything. Sounds like police affidavit was missing the correct time.

There are two conflicting reports on when DW arrived in NY. CNN reports that his GF said he arrived Weds, which would be the 20th. However a New York source reported that he arrived on Sun, which would be the 17th. His receipt for the immigration lawyer is dated May 16, Saturday.

May 20 Wednesday - SandraRose Wint arrives at his girlfriend’s house in Brooklyn, NY By Bus.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/21/us/dc-house-fire-money-motive/

Wint’s girlfriend told police he stayed with her in Brooklyn since Sunday.
http://sandrarose.com/2015/05/d-c-m...s-on-expensive-cab-ride-from-brooklyn-to-d-c/
I was curious about "SandraRose" and who or what that is. It (she) is not MSM, so unless she has some intimate personal knowledge of Wint and/or his girlfriend I don't see her as being a viable source of information regarding this case.

According to further information I found about Sandra Rose, she is an entertainment writer in Atlanta, Georgia. According to Newsweek's 'List of Most Notorius Bloggers' in 2010, they had this to say:

"Sandra Rose blogs on everything from politics to fashion, but riling up the hip-hop world is her bread and butter. For example, Rose recently posted an article titled “How the Mighty Have Fallen: Jermaine Dupri Rebounds,” which chronicled the rapper-producer’s recent career failures and claimed that he was “in denial” regarding his breakup with Janet Jackson. It wasn’t long before gossip blogs began reporting that Dupri had called and threatened the blogger. So far, Dupri has declined media requests for comment, but Rose has already apparently moved on to her next target. Regarding Halle Berry’s September Vogue cover, Rose wrote, “I’ve never met a strikingly beautiful chick who didn’t have subtle or overt mental issues.” Ouch."​

I don't think anything regarding her focus has changed in the last five years.

http://www.newsweek.com/most-notorious-bloggers-71673

http://abcnews.go.com/beta/US/husband-strangled-dc-mansion-slayings-prosecutors/story?id=32571700

Ago also requested that a surveillance video image be shown to the court. The image came from the Bank of America where $40,000 in cash was withdrawn. In the photo, an American Ironworks employee is seen withdrawing the money with Wallace in the background.

The defense pointed out that the money was withdrawn in four stacks of $100 bills, totaling $10,000 for each stack. Wallace sent a photo of the money to his girlfriend, but that photo depicted only two stacks of cash. Owens acknowledged that Wallace is the only person who could say whether all four stacks of cash delivered to the house.

Wallace has not been charged in the case.

To clarify, the video shows $40K withdrawn all at that one time - not $20K or some other amount? That would mean whatever was in the allegedly 9 AM photo would be in addition to the $40K from BoA withdrawn then, if the 9 AM time is actually correct?

I don't think the phone is missing anything. Sounds like police affidavit was missing the correct time.

Especially, again, since the text came AFTER the pic of the money was sent. There is no way to take a photo of money before you actually receive it. LOL!!

I think it's possible that JW got to the scene in his BMW before LE taped it up, but it seems sort of weird that he left the scene and then came back several hours later. I don't think I would be able to tear myself away from a scene like that involving people I knew, even if I wanted to.

Wait! So he's called in Virginia after the fire has already been reported to the fire department. He speeds over to the S house, texting AS and presumably SS on his way. When he arrives, police haven't yet put up crime scene tape? He was parked a block from the house, but still inside the tape? When does LE put up the tape? Wouldn't the tape have been put up before the fire department even left? They were still fighting the fire after they found the bodies. I would have thought they did that immediately, before JW could have gotten there. I guess I'm thinking if JW parked his car at the house after the firefighters arrived, he would have had to park far enough away that his car would not have been enclosed in the tape. It would help if we knew what time JW spoke to LE about his car inside the tape, what time the crime scene was cordoned off and the perimeter of the "crime scene as determined by LE and enclosed with tape.

If JW didn't park his car earlier in the day, help me figure out how the timeline would go.
JW arrives at the fire and parks his car a block from the house. After the fire is out, then LE puts up the crime scene tape, which includes the area outside where fire fighting and LE vehicles had been parked (because JW would not have been able to park inside the original perimeter while the fire fighters were working.) After arriving at the S house, JW stays for an undetermined amount of time and then leaves on foot or in another vehicle. JW comes back later, while LE is still on the scene, and tells them his car is parked within the crime scene tape.

Where did JW go during that time? Why would he rush to the scene of the fire, only to leave before hearing from LE/firefighters/neighbors/MSM what happened? According to another local poster, even friends and neighbors weren't sure of the victim's identities until later (although I find it hard to believe they weren't pretty sure - JMO) We saw NG in the corner of some of the early footage, already at the house while the fire was raging. She also drove over from Virginia after being told about the fire (supposedly by SS' mother), but I don't recall what town. She was cleaning someone else's house, because she had made arrangements earlier in the week to work at the dojo on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday instead of at the S house on Thursday. She can also be seen in later footage at dusk, so she was either there for hours or left and came back. Did JW leave with NG?

IF JW left his car earlier in the day, perhaps when he dropped off the money, did SS tell him to drive one of the other cars to Chantilly? Perhaps JW thought he might be driving SS somewhere later in the day? Was SS expected at the dojo on Thursday when it appears that people were being asked to pitch in because there was still so much work to do?

First, to dig my heels in one more time, the use of the word "allegedly" is a word "used to convey that something is claimed to be the case or have taken place, although there is no proof. In other words, "hey, I'm pulling this speculation out of my HAT and covering my *advertiser censored* because there's a 50/50 chance I'm wrong."

He hears about the fire, goes to the SS home and parks. Talks to LE, explains his actions that day and they take him with them to the station for an interview. Meanwhile, his car is still there and when the tape goes up, it's included in the crime scene area because of who he is.

He gets a ride back to the SS house to hopefully retrieve his car and go anywhere else, and has to tell the LE in place that "that's my car over there, it's inside the tape, but I need it to go home." Whatever. We don't know anything about what may or may not have happened when he left the station and I'm certainly not going to believe everything in that schlocky article. Article mentions only $20k, 13 in money orders, 7 in cash.

Wint's brother: do we know is he tall and thin with "edged hair"? What did JW look like at the time of the murders? His pics look tall and thin, but what about his hair? I'm curious as to who Witness3 is who saw the Porsche being driven by that description. It does sound like what we know of JW, but does it also describe Wint's bro?

"Wint's DNA was found on a pizza crust at the crime scene, but on nothing else in the home, Owens said. He acknowledged that police had not completed DNA analysis for the entire crime scene." Were there other MSM reports about his DNA being found in other places in the house or was that just talked about here?

"The suspect in the murders of four people inside a Washington, D.C., mansion could not have acted alone, according to a detective who was questioned for hours Monday during a court hearing in the case." That goes against what two other reporters stated that there was no evidence of anyone with Wint in the house.

Seriously, just using that phrase "returned to the scene of the crime" is accusatory. Gimmea f*%*(#ng break with what passes for journalism these days.

"Romantic partner" gag me and go back to journalism school. (not you stmarysmead, whoever wrote that piece)

His car. He drove his own car.

It doesn't make sense to me. LE saw the text from JW to W2, so they would have also seen the time. They also would have the actual time in the phone records.

Detectives interviewed a witness, hereafter referred to as W2, which stated IT received a text from W1 on Thursday, May 14, 2015, at approximately 9:00 AM. W2 opened the text for detectives to view. The text contained dialogue and photos of a red lined bag with what appeared to be two bundles of cash, one of which had visibly displayed, a white money wrap band. https://www.scribd.com/doc/266278174/Daron-Dylon-Wint-Charging-Documents
BBM

I don't think anyone would say approximately 9 am when a text was sent at 9:57. Approximately 10 am would make sense.

They do have the actual time, which is 9:57 am (per prosecution). I have no idea why they put into affidavit "approximately 9 am." Maybe for them "approximately 9 am" is good enough. I don't know what else to say on this matter.

Maybe one of the perks of the job was that whenever JW was doing an errand for the S family, he could take a car if it was convenient -- if he was going off to work on the dojo, perhaps taking a car would have been part of the deal? But then he'd have to want to head back into DC to get his car before heading back out of DC to go home.

i just can't see SS letting him keep an expensive car overnight. And it's not really convenient to drive to SS house to get a better car to park outside the Dojo....and then have to drive it back through traffic before you can go home.

Plus, he would have to gave switched cars that day and gotten keys from his boss who was being held hostage.

JW has to be one unlucky guy. Not once has LE said anything to clear up any of these suspicious things that swirl around his actions. Not once. Only here do we hear theories that help him out. LE selectively releases SW concerning HIM and his car, etc. LE decides not to answer questions that also raise suspicions because he is expendable and his innocence will be sprung at trial.

Very, very unlucky.

Or still under intense suspicion and investigation.

I was curious about "SandraRose" and who or what that is. It (she) is not MSM, so unless she has some intimate personal knowledge of Wint and/or his girlfriend I don't see her as being a viable source of information regarding this case.

According to further information I found about Sandra Rose, she is an entertainment writer in Atlanta, Georgia. According to Newsweek's 'List of Most Notorius Bloggers' in 2010, they had this to say:

"Sandra Rose blogs on everything from politics to fashion, but riling up the hip-hop world is her bread and butter. For example, Rose recently posted an article titled “How the Mighty Have Fallen: Jermaine Dupri Rebounds,” which chronicled the rapper-producer’s recent career failures and claimed that he was “in denial” regarding his breakup with Janet Jackson. It wasn’t long before gossip blogs began reporting that Dupri had called and threatened the blogger. So far, Dupri has declined media requests for comment, but Rose has already apparently moved on to her next target. Regarding Halle Berry’s September Vogue cover, Rose wrote, “I’ve never met a strikingly beautiful chick who didn’t have subtle or overt mental issues.” Ouch."​

I don't think anything regarding her focus has changed in the last five years.

http://www.newsweek.com/most-notorious-bloggers-71673

I can say with (sadly) some knowledge of SR, she is nothing more than a gossip blogger. Using her as an MSM source is really hinky!!! If the information that DW was with his girlfriend in NYC came from SR, and only SR, then that piece of information can no longer be called credible. IMO of course.

I guess this is the first case some people have followed

BBM

I agree with you

I'm interested in what will happen next. Maybe those of you who are much more experienced in watching these cases can comment.

Will LE formally or through leaks "clear" JW if indeed they know for a fact that he is innocent. Or will they just stay silent until this gets to trial, leaving JW twisting in the wind till then?

When I posted that I thought after releasing the SW that, if they had found nothing incriminating that surely they would have ended the very intense media speculation, many here said they never do that.

Okay.

So now in addition to all the media hype about JW, we have the defense making "a case" of sorts against him.

Will there still be silence? I mean if they have "moved on" and know JW was not involved?

I am sure by now other posters have answered your question, StMary, but I would like to add mine.

I have kept up with murder cases for over three decades. In every case since crime message boards came into existence I have only seen LE come out one time and specifically by name, rule someone out, and that was five days into the Jessica Ridgeway kidnapping, rape, and murder case when they ruled her parents out.

In all the other cases, even though LE was fully aware that certain individuals were being cast as a suspect on crime message boards or by commenters under articles, LE let them all twist in the wind even when they knew they had nothing to do with the crime. For example; Sierra Lamar's case. Many thought her mom and her mom's boyfriend were involved in Sierra's disappearance/murder. However; behind the scene, unbeknown to any of us they already had a suspect in their cross hairs. Not once though did they come out and save Marlene or Rick from being falsely accused. And there are so many other cases just like hers.

So IMO, LE is never going to come out and say that JW isn't involved. They wouldn't even if he hadn't lied to them. They just aren't in the public relations business. They know what the buzz is on the internet for they do read them but they really don't care what outsiders may think. All they care about is gathering the evidence to prove their cases BARD.

I have wished many times over the years that LE would have come out and outright told the public someone wasn't involved for it would have saved many from the pain of being falsely accused but it just doesn't happen in the real world.

Their sole purpose is to gather evidence, solve cases, arrest the suspect, and unfortunately it isn't being someone's advocate or someone's PR spokesperson.

So JW is on his own just like so many before him have been.

Especially, again, since the text came AFTER the pic of the money was sent. There is no way to take a photo of money before you actually receive it. LOL!!

Of course the text came after. Police put approximately in the affidavit and were off by almost an hour.
Prosecutor knows full well when the text was actually send, and it was at 9:57 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member