DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially, again, since the text came AFTER the pic of the money was sent. There is no way to take a photo of money before you actually receive it. LOL!!

But what if he received some money ($20,000) at AIW in a manila envelope? Took the photo and texted it to W2. Then he and the accountant went to BoA to pick up the $40,000 that the accountant took out of his pockets, in bundles of $10,000 each and placed in JW's red bag. JW is seen at BoA at 9:50 am. He drives straight to the S house where he leaves $40,000 in the Mosler. What time did JW text "package delivered"? I can't find a link. TIA

It seems to me it was at a time that gave him just enough time to get to the Lowe's in Chantilly at 11:30. Where was JW between 12:00 and 1:40 when he called SS' phone, but received no answer?

Wait! So he's called in Virginia after the fire has already been reported to the fire department. He speeds over to the S house, texting AS and presumably SS on his way. When he arrives, police haven't yet put up crime scene tape? He was parked a block from the house, but still inside the tape? When does LE put up the tape? Wouldn't the tape have been put up before the fire department even left? They were still fighting the fire after they found the bodies. I would have thought they did that immediately, before JW could have gotten there. I guess I'm thinking if JW parked his car at the house after the firefighters arrived, he would have had to park far enough away that his car would not have been enclosed in the tape. It would help if we knew what time JW spoke to LE about his car inside the tape, what time the crime scene was cordoned off and the perimeter of the "crime scene as determined by LE and enclosed with tape.

If JW didn't park his car earlier in the day, help me figure out how the timeline would go.
JW arrives at the fire and parks his car a block from the house. After the fire is out, then LE puts up the crime scene tape, which includes the area outside where fire fighting and LE vehicles had been parked (because JW would not have been able to park inside the original perimeter while the fire fighters were working.) After arriving at the S house, JW stays for an undetermined amount of time and then leaves on foot or in another vehicle. JW comes back later, while LE is still on the scene, and tells them his car is parked within the crime scene tape.

Where did JW go during that time? Why would he rush to the scene of the fire, only to leave before hearing from LE/firefighters/neighbors/MSM what happened? According to another local poster, even friends and neighbors weren't sure of the victim's identities until later (although I find it hard to believe they weren't pretty sure - JMO) We saw NG in the corner of some of the early footage, already at the house while the fire was raging. She also drove over from Virginia after being told about the fire (supposedly by SS' mother), but I don't recall what town. She was cleaning someone else's house, because she had made arrangements earlier in the week to work at the dojo on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday instead of at the S house on Thursday. She can also be seen in later footage at dusk, so she was either there for hours or left and came back. Did JW leave with NG?

IF JW left his car earlier in the day, perhaps when he dropped off the money, did SS tell him to drive one of the other cars to Chantilly? Perhaps JW thought he might be driving SS somewhere later in the day? Was SS expected at the dojo on Thursday when it appears that people were being asked to pitch in because there was still so much work to do?

Although I think he arrived there before the tape went up, I do think it's possible that the tape was up, he parked outside of it, but while he was away being questioned at the station, detective called officer security and they moved the tape to include JW's car due to suspicion because of lies and misstatements in the interview.

Of course the text came after. Police put approximately in the affidavit and were off by almost an hour.
Prosecutor knows full well when the text was actually send, and it was at 9:57 am.

Why would LE put 9:57 in a sworn affidavit if they meant 9 am? In fact, it says the text was received at approximately 9 am in all of the released docs/SWs. LE saw the text when W2 showed it to them. I don't think approximately 9 am means 9:57. Either LE wrote down the wrong time or the prosecutor gave the wrong time today. Isn't this the first time we've heard 9:57, from the prosecutor rebutting the defense's questioning of the investigator? I'd really like to hear the exact exchange so we know what was said by whom. Trying to get a handle on when things happened, but need more than a reporter's word to feel comfortable we've got it right.

Although I think he arrived there before the tape went up, I do think it's possible that the tape was up, he parked outside of it, but while he was away being questioned at the station, detective called officer security and they moved the tape to include JW's car due to suspicion because of lies and misstatements in the interview.

Wish we had an arial photo of the crime scene on Thursday!

But what if he received some money ($20,000) at AIW in a manila envelope? Took the photo and texted it to W2. Then he and the accountant went to BoA to pick up the $40,000 that the accountant took out of his pockets, in bundles of $10,000 each and placed in JW's red bag. JW is seen at BoA at 9:50 am. He drives straight to the S house where he leaves $40,000 in the Mosler. What time did JW text "package delivered"? I can't find a link. TIA

It seems to me it was at a time that gave him just enough time to get to the Lowe's in Chantilly at 11:30. Where was JW between 12:00 and 1:40 when he called SS' phone, but received no answer?

In your theory...who or where does he get the additional $20K? Because the AIW employee who actually took the money out of the BofA would have surely told LE "Well, I gave him $20K while we were at AIW then the additional $40K from the bank". Or do you think the AIW employee is involved as well, and lied about this additional $20K? Maybe the AIW employee and JW split the first $20K? Is that your theory?

And of course, your theory doesn't explain why he actually sent the text of the amount, which was $40K. The amount that has been stated was in question. That they have accounted for over $30K.

Something is wacky with the timing in this case. The math doesn't compute. Because if JW was at the bank at 9:50, according to DC folks, there is no possible way he could have gotten to the S house and completed the delivery before his 10:26 text to SS saying the package had been delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The BMW search warrant return listed two backpacks.

And one of them was red lined (the one that had the passport, Mosler registration, computer, etc.), but not necessarily the one mentioned in the SWs.

Well, that was kinda my point, but was trying to be nice, Lol

I guess "apparent" is subjective. The reason is totally apparent to me. There was a tweet from a MSM journalist that said that JW texted a picture of money before he got it from the bank. The charging docs have the text coming in a little before 9 AM, when the money was withdrawn after 9:00. An article linked to above corrected (or had a different) time for the text that would have made it after the money was withdrawn. That's the reason :) If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Yes, they were all inside the crime tape.savo3.jpg
My guess is he drove one of the S family's cars to Chantilly. Maybe we've found the missing Bentley? My head is spinning trying to think of the possibilities. All the other S family cars were also inside the crime scene tape, right?

Something is wacky with the timing in this case. The math doesn't compute. Because if JW was at the bank at 9:50, according to DC folks, there is no possible way he could have gotten to the S house and completed the delivery before his 10:26 text to SS saying the package had been delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, depending on the route, he could have made it to the S house by 10:26. Especially if he didn't leave Hyattsville until 9:50 instead of 9:00 am (when rush hour is still in full swing. It could take half as much time if he left later.) It also depends largely on construction and accidents. I will have to see if I can subsume some of that info. But it will be hard unless we know what route he took from the bank to the S house. In fact, if JW took 66 to Chantilly, I don't think he could have left the S house much later than that. 66 is always a nightmare - always! It probably took him longer to get from S house to Lowe's than BoA to S house - JMO.

Greta on Fox News is going to talk about this in few minutes.

Has the time of the texts been "corrected" or are they still off?

Could the difference in the time be due to someone being in a different time zone? In other words, IF the girlfriend was in the far west section of the panhandle of Florida (just speculation), the time "stamp" on her receiving end of the text would be an hour earlier than that of JW...?

Just speculating, just speculating...

That particular detective might have not known, but it's actually a red herring by the defense. Per prosecution, text to girlfriend went out at 9:57 am, after money were already picked up.

"The prosecution said the text actually came after the bank pick up, at 9:57. It noted that the text said, "my job is insane, don't tell anyone," which they said indicated that Wallace was surprised about what he was being asked to transport."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/detective-2-d-c-mansion-murder-victims-were-strangled/

That particular detective might have felt blindsided by the question, since it was ERRONEOUS. LOL But he needed to be careful since it was coming out of nowhere. So IDK was the correct answer at the time.

I am sure by now other posters have answered your question, StMary, but I would like to add mine.
I have kept up with murder cases for over three decades. In every case since crime message boards came into existence I have only seen LE come out one time and specifically by name, rule someone out, and that was five days into the Jessica Ridgeway kidnapping, rape, and murder case when they ruled her parents out.
In all the other cases, even though LE was fully aware that certain individuals were being cast as a suspect on crime message boards or by commenters under articles, LE let them all twist in the wind even when they knew they had nothing to do with the crime. For example; Sierra Lamar's case. Many thought her mom and her mom's boyfriend were involved in Sierra's disappearance/murder. However; behind the scene, unbeknown to any of us they already had a suspect in their cross hairs. Not once though did they come out and save Marlene or Rick from being falsely accused. And there are so many other cases just like hers.
So IMO, LE is never going to come out and say that JW isn't involved. They wouldn't even if he hadn't lied to them. They just aren't in the public relations business. They know what the buzz is on the internet for they do read them but they really don't care what outsiders may think. All they care about is gathering the evidence to prove their cases BARD.
I have wished many times over the years that LE would have come out and outright told the public someone wasn't involved for it would have saved many from the pain of being falsely accused but it just doesn't happen in the real world.
Their sole purpose is to gather evidence, solve cases, arrest the suspect, and unfortunately it isn't being someone's advocate or someone's PR spokesperson.
So JW is on his own just like so many before him have been.

bbm because I agree!

It is so rare, but it did happen this year in Jessica Chambers' murder. One person (Ali) was getting death threats because of his ethnicity that were being taken seriously by LE and they very publicly and unequivocally cleared him; he had to leave the area. The flip side is that JC's dad has not been cleared publicly. But, the sheriff did write a letter in support of him to the insurance company so he could collect on his daughter's life insurance. I guess private vs public knowledge. Interesting.

The ultimate example of being left to twist in the wind: Richard Jewell.

I apologize to those who have gone through this as well and although there must be so many more, this one sticks with me.

IIRC they stated the print had been ruled out as far as the standard footwear assigned to firemen. Further investigation revealed at least one fireman didn't wear his standard issue boots that day

They said first responders didn't use that entrance: "Could the boot print be from a firefighter who came to the house to battle the blaze? It's unlikely, the document says, because it doesn't match firefighting gear and interviews with firefighters indicated they didn't enter through the side door."
http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/03/us/washington-mansion-fire-slayings-search-warrants/
So we apparently have a boot print that doesn't match standard gear in place where firefighters said they didn't enter.

Owens testified that the witness changed his story several times about how his boss contacted him to ask him to drop money off at the house. He said that at 9 a.m. on May 14, Wallace texted a picture of stacks of cash to a romantic partner, referred to as Witness 2 in court testimony.

The defense then showed footage from Bank of America surveillance cameras that show the money wasn't picked up from the bank until 9:40 a.m.

The prosecution said the text actually came after the bank pick up, at 9:57. It noted that the text said, "my job is insane, don't tell anyone," which they said indicated that Wallace was surprised about what he was being asked to transport.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/detective-2-d-c-mansion-murder-victims-were-strangled/#pq=uk6CKO

Owens testified that the witness changed his story several times about how his boss contacted him to ask him to drop money off at the house. He said that at 9 a.m. on May 14, Wallace texted a picture of stacks of cash to a romantic partner, referred to as Witness 2 in court testimony.

The defense then showed footage from Bank of America surveillance cameras that show the money wasn't picked up from the bank until 9:40 a.m.

The prosecution said the text actually came after the bank pick up, at 9:57. It noted that the text said, "my job is insane, don't tell anyone," which they said indicated that Wallace was surprised about what he was being asked to transport.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/detective-2-d-c-mansion-murder-victims-were-strangled/#pq=uk6CKO

So it sounds to me like the Defense is using the information in the charging documents to create doubt on JW. And the Prosecution corrected the fact that the text was actually 9:57am and didn't happen the way the Defense portrayed it to the Investigator, per the charging docs.

Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member