DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering about that. Every article that I have read lately has said he has already been charged with all four murders. Has the indictment been shown online? tia

I haven't seen the indictment either OBE! But, Greta seemed pretty sure they just charged him with the one to hold Wint while they gathered more evidence. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on video in the home. Apparently the security device recorded the glass breaking...

That photo was taken WEEKS after the crime.

Yes, but it's the same cars that were inside the crime scene tape and taken away by LE. They were later returned and not parked exactly where they were during the crime. I think this is how they were parked during the fire, with the brownish SUV on the street in front of the house. cars.jpg

Imo, he is trying to taint the potential jury pool. All of this is not impressing the presiding Judge who will decide whether this is forwarded on to trial. It isn't hard to figure out this is going to be placing the blame elsewhere.

What he is actually doing though is saying that JW is a part of the money deal but that doesn't help Wint one iota. It doesn't matter if there were five of them with JW being one of them. It doesn't eliminate DW own accountability. In fact if the attorney is going to imply that JW took some of the money then he is also saying that Wint was involved up to his eyeballs in all of this too since most of the blood money was found when he was arrested.

I bet they haven't find one piece of evidence that JW was inside the home when Wint murdered all of them. The attorney can try to blow smoke but the facts are going to eat Wint for lunch.

IMO

The panel on Greta were more than a little shocked that the passenger in the truck had not been arrested. Shook their heads in disbelief!

Imo, he is trying to taint the potential jury pool. All of this is not impressing the presiding Judge who will decide whether this is forwarded on to trial. It isn't hard to figure out this is going to be placing the blame elsewhere.

What he is actually doing though is saying that JW is a part of the money deal but that doesn't help Wint one iota. It doesn't matter if there were five of them with JW being one of them. It doesn't eliminate DW own accountability. In fact if the attorney is going to imply that JW took some of the money then he is also saying that Wint was involved up to his eyeballs in all of this too since most of the blood money was found when he was arrested.

I bet they haven't find one piece of evidence that JW was inside the home when Wint murdered all of them. The attorney can try to blow smoke but the facts are going to eat Wint for lunch.

IMO

ITA that whether JW is involved or not has NO bearing on DW's guilt. However, if JW's DNA was found in the house, unlike DW, it wouldn't indicate JW was involved in the crime. (Of course, if it was found on the pizza, that would be a different story. Even if it was found on the green vest, since JW said he was in the garage that Thursday, if the vest also was in the garage, there could be some legitimate reason that JW's DNA was on the vest.) JW had legitimate reasons for being in the house, and I would assume had been in the house within the week or so before the murders.

Hold up......so JW took a photo of the money and sent it to his girlfriend "45 minutes before" bank surveillance shows him picking it up?????? How is that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, he didn't.

They said first responders didn't use that entrance: "Could the boot print be from a firefighter who came to the house to battle the blaze? It's unlikely, the document says, because it doesn't match firefighting gear and interviews with firefighters indicated they didn't enter through the side door."
http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/03/us/washington-mansion-fire-slayings-search-warrants/
So we apparently have a boot print that doesn't match standard gear in place where firefighters said they didn't enter.

Wonder if there were any female firefighters on the scene. Females might wear a different type of boot and also, the print did look small to me.

I think that is exactly what is happening! I expect Wint will be charged for the other 3 murders. Prosecution is lining up the deck against Wint.

They might want to charge him with one murder at a time. This gives them a chance to try him again if something were to go wrong during a trial. He could be tried 4 times, one for each person.

No, he didn't.

Isn't this the first time that the time JW and the accountant were at the bank has been released publicly? We have been going on the assumption that the affidavit is correct, even trying to figure out if the bank opened early for the transaction. Is it possible the time they were at the bank is incorrect, since it's not given in any docs? Of course, unless they were at the bank at 8:50, the photo still would have been texted before the bank transaction.

 Megan Cloherty ‏@ClohertyWTOP · 3h3 hours ago  Washington, DC

Police timeline #Savopoulos fam, Figueroa held starting at 6p on 5/13 partially based on security system detecting glass broken at 5:56p

Wonder if there were any female firefighters on the scene. Females might wear a different type of boot and also, the print did look small to me.

Did you see this twitter rkf? It indeed could have been a woman firefighter.

Megan Cloherty ‏@ClohertyWTOP · 4h4 hours ago
Detective testifies the boot print found on #Savopoulos' door police initially thought was from suspect was in fact from a DC firefighter

Owens testified that the witness changed his story several times about how his boss contacted him to ask him to drop money off at the house. He said that at 9 a.m. on May 14, Wallace texted a picture of stacks of cash to a romantic partner, referred to as Witness 2 in court testimony.

The defense then showed footage from Bank of America surveillance cameras that show the money wasn't picked up from the bank until 9:40 a.m.

The prosecution said the text actually came after the bank pick up, at 9:57. It noted that the text said, "my job is insane, don't tell anyone," which they said indicated that Wallace was surprised about what he was being asked to transport.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/detective-2-d-c-mansion-murder-victims-were-strangled/#pq=uk6CKO

I thought I saw somewhere that JW sent W2 a number of texts, but the pic of the money is the only one that has been disclosed. That leaves plenty of room for confusing the time of one text with another. Still, seems might sloppy for LE to state in the affidavit that the money pic text was sent at 9 am if it wasn't. Perhaps at that time they didn't have the bank surveillance footage?

Isn't this the first time that the time JW and the accountant were at the bank has been released publicly? We have been going on the assumption that the affidavit is correct, even trying to figure out if the bank opened early for the transaction. Is it possible the time they were at the bank is incorrect, since it's not given in any docs? Of course, unless they were at the bank at 8:50, the photo still would have been texted before the bank transaction.

He is on tape at the bank at 9:45 am. Then the text to girlfriend is send at 9:57 am. Looks like police were off in their affidavit, that's all.

Detective testifies the boot print found on #Savopoulos' door police initially thought was from suspect was in fact from a DC firefighter

I believe it was a man wearing non-standard boots (as posted somewhere on this thread already).

I saw it, but didn't know if there were women fire fighters on the scene.

The way the door and the "broken lock" were described by MSM was never fully satisfying to me. First, because I think a broken door would be pretty obvious, even at first glance when LE checked out the exterior of the house. Also, it was never clear to me if the lock was broken enough that the door could be breached or just upon further examination, after dusting for prints and seeing the boot print, LE noticed the lock had been damaged, though not enough to allow entry. Not sure why it was reported that fire fighters didn't use that door if they did. And also, if they didn't use that door, why would a firefighter try to kick it in? Did s/he try to kick it in and then got called away/decided going through that door wasn't necessary? Maybe before they determined the fire was mostly confined to the three upstairs rooms, fire fighters were checking to see what entry would be easiest? IDK.

He is on tape at the bank at 9:45 am. Then the text to girlfriend is send at 9:57 am. Looks like police were off in their affidavit, that's all.

I'm trying to understand why we should take the 9:57 time as gospel but not the 9 am time that was given by LE in the original affidavit/SWs/AW. I guess I'll have to wait for more documents to come out or for LE to go on MSM and explain the discrepancy.

 Megan Cloherty ‏@ClohertyWTOP · 3h3 hours ago  Washington, DC

Police timeline #Savopoulos fam, Figueroa held starting at 6p on 5/13 partially based on security system detecting glass broken at 5:56p
With this new revelation, we can assume that DW's intentions must have been to hold the family hostage, and not an in/out burglary. He must have had some insight that SS wasn't at home yet, but I'm scratching my head, wondering how he contained the 3 victims so quickly? How did he know what part of the home they were in? I saw an arial view of the home, and it's much larger than the street view implies.

With this new revelation, we can assume that DW's intentions must have been to hold the family hostage, and not and in/out burglary. He must have had some insight
that SS wasn't at home yet, but I'm scratching my head, wondering how he contained the 3 victims so quickly? How did he know what part of the home they were in? I saw an arial view of the home, and it's much larger than the street view implies.

One elderly woman, one child (with a concussion), and one smallish woman wouldn't be hard for a fit male to contain quickly.

I remember grade school kids referred to them as bookbags even though we knew they were backpacks. I never understood that, but there it was. Maybe the person who wrote the SW has kidlets.

Not the backpacking through the woods type of backpack. More this type of backpack: Herschel Supply Co   Herschel Supply Co 22L Nelson Backpack at ASOS.jpg or this type: Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 5.34.38 PM.jpg

I'm trying to understand why we should take the 9:57 time as gospel but not the 9 am time that was given by LE in the original affidavit/SWs/AW. I guess I'll have to wait for more documents to come out or for LE to go on MSM and explain the discrepancy.

9 am was never an exact time, it was approximately 9 am. In addition, it would be impossible to send photos of money before getting such money. But I guess we can keep on trying to come up with convoluted theories instead of believing the exact time prosecution said the text was send at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1