DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that DW could have carried it out alone, except that there are a couple things that make me think it may not be the case in this situation. One is that we aren't allowed to sleuth certain people -- like those who were in the convoy when he was caught -- and so we don't know that no one else was arrested. We just know that no arrests were announced. Second, LE seems convinced -- at least they were at the time the SWs were issued -- that there was more than one person involved. Perhaps it's just because they have the same false belief that a lot of people do that a number of people can't be restrained by just one person, but maybe it's because they know more than we do and there is evidence that points in that direction. For example, we learned today about a third person's DNA on the vest found in the burned car (the first two being DW and SS).

Also, there's this: "The suspect in the murders of four people inside a Washington, D.C., mansion could not have acted alone, according to a detective who was questioned for hours Monday during a court hearing in the case."
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/detective-2-d-c-mansion-murder-victims-were-strangled/

Not the backpacking through the woods type of backpack. More this type of backpack: View attachment 78480 or this type: View attachment 78481

Yep. I'm old and we called them backpacks back then just like todays backpacks (not the framed hiking/backpacking type that I also have), but the schools and the kids referred to them as bookbags :D Of course, as soon as it was discovered it was more cool to call them backpacks like the older kids, no more bookbags.

In fact, I'm SO old, they didn't even have wheels yet. :D

Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 6.21.26 PM.png

image.jpg
Shrimp and grits with greens

Did the pros indicate if he's being charged with the three other murders soon?

Didn't the original SW say it was texted @ APPROXIMATELY 9 am...

It did. It also says W2 stated IT received a text from W1 on Thursday, May 14, 2015, at approximately 9:00 AM.

W2 is who said approx 9am
LE says 9:57am

Didn't the original SW say it was texted @ APPROXIMATELY 9 am...

Yes indeedy. But I think if the text was sent at 9:57, the affidavit would have said "approximately 10 am". It's not even close to 9 am. That's like saying a book costs approximately $9, but it really costs $9.85.

Regarding the Pizza.......
This has been a curiosity to me from the beginning. Today's claim that the pizza was in the trash with a knife echoes Ficker's earlier claim that the pizza was in the trash. It occurred to me that I wasn't focusing on the fact that there were TWO pizzas, and that it is very possible that the one with DW DNA, pepperoni and partially eaten, was in the trash and that the other, the uneaten cheese, was in the house. And that the LE info that pizza was in the house refers to the one remaining pizza, not the one on the trash. We saw footage of LE taking out evidence trash containers and I assumed that was what Ficker, et al were claiming as "trash". But it is possible that the pizza was in a totally separate bin and then confiscated and placed inside LE evidence trash containers.

I don't think we know there was an alarm sent out to the monitoring station when the glass break detector responded. We just know that the security system recorded a glass break. My glass break detector occasionally is triggered by doors slamming and it won't send out a signal to the alarm company unless the alarm system is armed. Mine is rarely armed during the day because there's too much chance one of us will set it off by accident letting the dogs in and out, answering the door when the UPS guy comes, going outside to sit in the garden, etc.

Same here. But I wonder if something were to happen to me during the day, would the alarm company be able to provide LE with info on when I opened/closed my doors/windows even if my alarm wasn't armed.

What's weird to me is that our security company requires the customer make up a hostage code. Obviously, if a perp sets off an alarm, he would force the victim to lie when they call to check. So in addition to the personal code you have, you also have a hostage code. The perp won't know the difference and you just give them the latter and they say "Thanks" but send the police.

This was supposed to be a very sophisticated alarm system from a company in a large metropolis.

Another odd detail.

Unless the perp had inside information, so he knew the alarm code... Not saying that's the case, but would explain why a family member couldn't get away with giving the hostage code.

Just like with JW's stories of how he got the money, we have two stories and they can't both be accurate. LE has previously and repeatedly said the pic of the money was sent at approximately 9 am. That is nowhere near 9:57, which would be approximately 10 am. LE must have really screwed up royally when they saw the text from JW to W2 on both JW's and W2's phones. Then they must not have checked the times on the phones against the phone records when they received them. It might be zany to come up with possible scenarios where JW took a photo of money that didn't match the amount withdrawn from the bank 45 minutes before the bank transaction. Since there were numerous texts to/from JW and W2, we can't be sure that one text contained all the limited information we have - the pic, the response to W2 about the amount of the money and the "don't tell anyone" text could have been sent at different times. In fact, from what I'm reading it appears that the text from JW saying "my job is insane, don't tell anyone,” was sent at 9:57. That doesn't have to be contained within the same text as the photo of the money in the red lined bag. The only text that LE told us was sent at a specific time, after seeing it at least twice before the affidavit was written, is the photo of the money at approximately 9 am.

If we can't believe what LE wrote in the affidavit, why should we believe the prosecutor has the time right? We don't even know how this information was conveyed - in a question, as a statement, as a possibility? We know the investigator said "I don't know." He doesn't know, but the prosecutor does? Is it possible the prosecutor is scrambling when confronted with a photo he can't explain?

I don't know what happened. I know that at least some of what we've been told happened, can't have happened, because if there are two conflicting stories, they can't both be correct. I'm just keeping an open mind and not relying on a second or third hand report to be accurate. For all we know the photo the defense showed is erroneous and we won't know how that happened until either LE explains it or it comes out in court. All JMO.

Where did you learn about the "don't tell anyone" text? Hadn't seen that!

Yes indeedy. But I think if the text was sent at 9:57, the affidavit would have said "approximately 10 am". It's not even close to 9 am. That's like saying a book costs approximately $9, but it really costs $9.85.

BUT why does it matter? The entire purpose of the SW is to get the judge to approve a search. It does not matter if the call is closer to 10 than to 9, for the purposes of the affidavit. So why the big deal?

He is on tape at the bank at 9:45 am. Then the text to girlfriend is send at 9:57 am. Looks like police were off in their affidavit, that's all.

The other thing, IIRC, "approx 9 AM" was what W2 stated. Not sure why they wouldn't have clarified if the phones showed 9:57. But they also didn't clarify what facts were true around JW's statements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably have.....but I wonder if peeps in the traveling circus & the fam member who was part of it, have all been dna swabbed???? Hope so!

I like to assume because I'm an a$$ anyway, so no loss here.

I assume that the member (take that as you like, lol) would have DNA on file after so many criminal arrests over the years.

Regarding the Pizza.......
This has been a curiosity to me from the beginning. Today's claim that the pizza was in the trash with a knife echoes Ficker's earlier claim that the pizza was in the trash. It occurred to me that I wasn't focusing on the fact that there were TWO pizzas, and that it is very possible that the one with DW DNA, pepperoni and partially eaten, was in the trash and that the other, the uneaten cheese, was in the house. And that the LE info that pizza was in the house refers to the one remaining pizza, not the one on the trash. We saw footage of LE taking out evidence trash containers and I assumed that was what Ficker, et al were claiming as "trash". But it is possible that the pizza was in a totally separate bin and then confiscated and placed inside LE evidence trash containers.

I'm not assuming that DW cared to place the pizza boxes in the trash. Especially if he was going to torch the house.

I think it is likely that they meant it was taken 45 minutes before he DELIVERED it. But that is just my take on the situation. How could he take a photo of the money before he got it? LOL!!

Could the time on JW'S phone be haunted? On multiple occasions the face (front) of my smartphone has said 2 different times simultaneously. One hour apart exactly. I am NOT near 2 timezones. My carrier could not be explain it. It would come and go like that off and on. No one ever figured out why. :gaah:

what's weird to me is that our security company requires the customer make up a hostage code. Obviously, if a perp sets off an alarm, he would force the victim to lie when they call to check. So in addition to the personal code you have, you also have a hostage code. The perp won't know the difference and you just give them the latter and they say "thanks" but send the police.

This was supposed to be a very sophisticated alarm system from a company in a large metropolis.

Another odd detail.

yes yes yes yes yes!

For starters they already haven't held up well in court on whether or not there was forced entry where they have already used what turns out to be a firefighter's boot print as evidence to go to the court to get search warrants. It sounds like they're still going around in circles by apparently saying their basing the home invasion time in part based on a broken window at 6 PM. To have a case you have to stick to a story and so for they're not getting their story straight on multiple things as they've changed the cause of death for two people, can't explain the text (that itself may be explainable, but it's not only that I'm looking at) and they used a firefighter's boot print to obtain search warrants saying that showed signs of forced entry that expressly had been determined not to come from first responders.

And that makes a difference in the felony murder charge in what way ?

:notgood: :notgood: Is this post doubting something in particular ?

I like to assume because I'm an a$$ anyway, so no loss here.

I assume that the member (take that as you like, lol) would have DNA on file after so many criminal arrests over the years.

:blushing::thinking:

I'm not assuming that DW cared to place the pizza boxes in the trash. Especially if he was going to torch the house.

I hear what you are saying. However, I am not sure if he thought he was going to torch the house when the pizza was being eaten (or not) that night? Maybe not. And now we have heard from two separate attorneys with no relation to each other that the pizza with DW DNA was outside of the home. I am just looking at the info and trying to make sense of it!

It's possible that JW arrived at the scene before the tape was strung. Firefighters discovered the bodies while still battling the blaze and suspected foul play. They called LE but did not move bodies immediately. Vera was removed first by paramics and driven to GTown Hospital. Police then are examining the scene and declare the house a crime scene. Although people are all moving swiftly, this could have taken 25 minutes or more. Crime scene tape would then be put up but at what perimeter? The house and street? Maybe they need to expand it a little wider as more police get involved. By the time they expand it to a full block, JW could have arrived. I'm not speculating any of this, merely adding a few possibilities. We may not know the answers to these questions until the full trial.

I remember hearing a recording of a firefighter saying from within the house that it was going to be a crime scene. I think that was before they even removed the three adults. I still don't have a sense of the width of the crime scene perimeter, but assumed it wouldn't extend as far away as it was necessary for JW to park while the fire was still being fought. Those trucks take up a lot of room and they usually don't want you driving up anywhere near them! Obviously, if he parked after returning from VA, my assumption was a bad one.

I agree that DW could have carried it out alone, except that there are a couple things that make me think it may not be the case in this situation. One is that we aren't allowed to sleuth certain people -- like those who were in the convoy when he was caught -- and so we don't know that no one else was arrested. We just know that no arrests were announced. Second, LE seems convinced -- at least they were at the time the SWs were issued -- that there was more than one person involved. Perhaps it's just because they have the same false belief that a lot of people do that a number of people can't be restrained by just one person, but maybe it's because they know more than we do and there is evidence that points in that direction. For example, we learned today about a third person's DNA on the vest found in the burned car (the first two being DW and SS).
Yup.... maybe there was too much pizza eaten. & the other perp ate his crust???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1