DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense, I get that part of it. I just don't understand yet how it pertains to JW's timeline. Perhaps no one does yet. Thx.

Well, we know his car got there before the crime scene tape went up but we don't know when the crime scene tape was secured. I can only imagine it was very quickly after LE was called during the fire. No we do not have the timeline on JW's arrival and departure.

AFAIK, CBS is the only news outlet reporting the 9:57 time. Anyone find any others? If you google 'wint wallace 9:57' the only things that come up are 1) Nate Thayer's blog because of a post/comment at 9:57 on June 18, 2) the CBS article, and 3) Websleuths. It would be great to compare accounts across outlets, since maybe the "my job is crazy" or "don't tell anyone" texts were at 9:57. I'd be interested in how specific the answer was worded and by whom. Did the prosecution offer that information in the form of a question? IDK.

No offense, I get that part of it. I just don't understand yet how it pertains to JW's timeline. Perhaps no one does yet. Thx.

It pretty much destroys the theory that JW returned to the house from VA after supposedly learning of the fire from somebody at AIG. His car was already at the SS house when the crime scene tape went up and JW didn't return to retrieve it until hours later.

JMO

My friends parents were victims of a home invasion. They were not killed, thank goodness, but her father was pistol whipped and he is 80 yrs old. GRRRRRRRR

But anyway, the 2 men that followed them home from the market, asked them for the alarm code, and did not let them punch it themselves. And the guy with a gun to the wife's head said " And Do not give me the hostage code or I will shoot you both when the cops arrive." :eek: So they gave him the regular deactivation code out of fear.

I can so see that happening in this case. But how would DDW be so smart about this stuff? Had he been a protege of another gang member. (I'm pretty capable thrown into most circumstances and I wouldn't know about this sh$t.)

Two things. First, he specialized in a sword technique, not a hand to hand art. Second, martial arts tend to be highly structured, rule based sports that are of limited use in a street fight. For proof of this, watch some of the cage fighting tournaments. The traditional martial artists tend to lose very quickly.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

My husband, who was in the military and has had training in hand-to-hand combat says the same thing. Martial arts are great for some things, but not really for self-defense in real life situations.

Well, we know his car got there before the crime scene tape went up but we don't know when the crime scene tape was secured. I can only imagine it was very quickly after LE was called during the fire. No we do not have the timeline on JW's arrival and departure.

But we do have the times of the texts he sent asking SS and then AS if they were OK< and telling them the house was on fire. So we know it was pretty quickly that he found out about the fire and he was heading over to the house right then.

And one of our locals who lives in the neighborhood has posted that he went by while the fire was going and he was able to drive right up close with no problem and he saw them trying to put it out.

ITA it was almost immediately. Even before the tape went up, the blocks would have been inaccessible to motorists almost immediately by LE because of all the fire and rescue vehicles. The response to the scene by LE would have been in just a couple of minutes.

JMO

I can so see that happening in this case. But how would DDW be so smart about this stuff? Had he been a protege of another gang member. (I'm pretty capable thrown into most circumstances and I wouldn't know about this sh$t.)

He has done time. Isn't that where most felons learn this krap? And a couple of his brothers and cousins are hard core ex-cons.

It seems there has to be a way to coordinate information so that it's easier to be accurate.

I understand, when taking a witness statement, the need to actually take their words down. BUT, there needs to be an amendment or something/anything that can be related to each fact.

EX: W2 stated text with picture received at approx. 9:00 with maybe a footnote number. Then, there's another file with the same numbers that contains either corroboration of that fact, or whatever LE has discovered to be true. Then, at some point, all documents are pulled together in a single document for the prosecutor. Something for easy reference. Maybe something like that already exists, does anybody know? But if it exists, would it be given to defense, or would they be expected to do their own investigating?

There is just too much confusion after today. We hoped some things would be cleared up, maybe some things were; I'm more confused than before.

I don't know about in criminal cases, but I've been involved in some civil cases at work and we provided what we were required to provide, but no way were we tying up discovery in a neat little bow with footnotes and arrows and and photos with a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was to be used as evidence against them (to paraphrase Arlo Guthrie)... :) If anything, we avoided producing any such documents unless they were attorney-client privileged. We didn't even write stuff down, especially as it related to our strategy for court. We just talked on the phone about certain matters.

ITA it was almost immediately. Even before the tape went up, the blocks would have been inaccessible to motorists almost immediately by LE because of all the fire and rescue vehicles. The response to the scene by LE would have been in just a couple of minutes.

JMO

They got the car roped off quick enough to seize everything in JW's car that was in the S/W.

I can imagine JW doing a dance in the street trying to get his car, electronics, backpack and an officer denying the request.

They got the car roped off quick enough to seize everything in JW's car that was in the S/W.

I can imagine JW doing a dance in the street trying to get his car, electronics, backpack and an officer denying the request.

So can I and in doing so, he only brought more attention on himself. Stupid, stupid mistake. There's never been any doubt in my mind that he was the one driving the Porsche.

JMO

Huh ? Alarm disarmed in first part

..then armed later ?

Not following logic

Security systems can record a signal in a zone without sending an alert to the monitoring station. That is what happens if the alarm is not armed. For example, if my system is not armed, and one of my exterior doors is opened (e.g., when I go outside to pick up the mail or let the dogs out), the door contact still "notices" that the door has been opened, and my system still records that that there was a signal in that zone. It just does not send a signal to the monitoring station, so that the police don't come every time one of us goes outside.

The same is true of my glass break detector in my sun room. Slamming my kitchen cabinets or the door in the adjacent room can cause the glass break detector to send a signal to my system (even dogs barking can cause that if they're loud enough), but only if it's armed do I get a call from the monitoring company who would in turn call the police if I can't give the code. The police will not be dispatched to the house every time there is a signal sent to the system.

I have an app on my phone that shows me every zone that is activated, whether it's a window being opened when the system is unarmed, or an alarm set off because someone forgot to disarm the system before letting the dogs out in the morning.

ETA: I realized that what I wrote above is a little mis-leading in that the monitoring station has access to all of the signals sent by my system. It is only if it is activated that they take action on those signals. When there are questions about whether my system is working properly, I can call the monitoring center and they will go through their log of system 'events', e.g., the back door opened at 9:02, the window was closed at 10:45, etc.

So can I and in doing so, he only brought more attention on himself. Stupid, stupid mistake. There's never been any doubt in my mind that he was the one driving the Porsche.

JMO

Not enough evidence to lead me to believe JW was driving the Porsche that day. Wint's DNA was found on the vest inside the burning Porsche.

Not enough evidence to lead me to believe JW was driving the Porsche that day. Wint's DNA was found on the vest inside the burning Porsche.

So was Ss's -- and a third person's. Wonder who that third person is.

BUT why does it matter? The entire purpose of the SW is to get the judge to approve a search. It does not matter if the call is closer to 10 than to 9, for the purposes of the affidavit. So why the big deal?

Isn't it important to be as accurate as possible? Why not just say the text occurred sometime on the morning of the 14th if accuracy is not important? SWs are supposed to be based on facts presented in good faith. This seems to be a situation that LE had no reason not to be accurate.

If I was being investigated and my belongings were being searched, I'd sure want that to be based on true info. Whether I was innocent or not.

Unknown DNA could belong to the person in china who put the vest in a package.

They can tell the race of the person via DNA so if it is another African American they would know that.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...31d64c-2cc4-11e5-a5ea-cf74396e59ec_story.html

About cause of death:

Owens also shared new information about the cause of death for two of the victims. Owens said a medical examiner determined that Savvas Savopoulos and Figueroa were strangled and beaten. He said there was evidence that at least one of the four victims was fatally stabbed and that a knife was found in the trash behind the house.

I wonder why COD was brought up for VF and AS since only the murder of SS has been charged so far. Also inaccurate reporting again, IMO. It's been reported previously that SS was strangled, beaten and stabbed. This article does not specify exact COD for him. I believe I've read previously that blunt force trauma was COD but I'm going off memory from reading numerous articles and that could be wrong. It's also been reported quite often that 3 out of the 4 victims received blunt force trauma AND stab wounds. If the reporting from this article is correct, then I would deduce that perhaps VF is the one victim not stabbed.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...-homicide-search-warrants-indicate-11466.html

AS received lacerations to throat and head. It's not been specified if the laceration to the head was caused by knife or beating trauma. It's been reported that PS died of thermal and sharp force injury. If correct, that tells me he was stabbed severely enough that the wounds would have been fatal even if the fire had not been set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz