DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But we do have the times of the texts he sent asking SS and then AS if they were OK< and telling them the house was on fire. So we know it was pretty quickly that he found out about the fire and he was heading over to the house right then.

And one of our locals who lives in the neighborhood has posted that he went by while the fire was going and he was able to drive right up close with no problem and he saw them trying to put it out.

"So we know it was pretty quickly that he found out about the fire and he was heading over to the house right then."
This has not been confirmed. We can assume but we have no facts on when he arrived on scene or who he spoke to and when. We haven't seen him or his BMW in photos.

Isn't it important to be as accurate as possible? Why not just say the text occurred sometime on the morning of the 14th if accuracy is not important? SWs are supposed to be based on facts presented in good faith. This seems to be a situation that LE had no reason not to be accurate.

If I was being investigated and my belongings were being searched, I'd sure want that to be based on true info. Whether I was innocent or not.

To obtain a warrant, law enforcement officers must show that there is probable cause to believe a search is justified. Officers must support this showing with sworn statements (affidavits), and must describe in particularity the place they will search and the items they will seize. https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/search_warrant#Obtaining_a_Search_Warrant

That was her statement so that is what they used in the SW.

a FEW THINGS come to mind here--
Firstly since I have had an alarm for years.... regarding AS entering in a faux code to the alarm to set it off, that wasn't probably anything she could have done under duress since the house was not alarmed. In other words, if you HAVE a house alarmed it will beep when you set it off & then you have to put in the code. Apparently, according to sleuthers the SS didn't usually have the alarm on. So would be no time to put in the code unless it was beeping. Especially if she was held hostage by a gun or knife or something.

Secondly, the reports that a short haired guy driving the porsche erratically -- remember he was up all night torturing people & eating pizza. lot of sweat etc. could have easily had all that braided hair pulled back in a pony -- & the hoodie over. or could have been someone else the LE has not yet tagged. Perhaps they are on someone's tail, but we wouldn't know it.

I think it's pretty obvious DW is the one who drove the Porsche. His DNA was found on the vest. He does wear his braids in a pony, he even did so in court.

Well, we know his car got there before the crime scene tape went up but we don't know when the crime scene tape was secured. I can only imagine it was very quickly after LE was called during the fire. No we do not have the timeline on JW's arrival and departure.

Thanks! Isn't the drive from Chantilly to the house 45-60 mins? So assuming that JW was still in Chantilly when he heard about the fire just as soon as it was discovered (1:15 PM) he wouldn't have been able to make it back to the house until 2 PM at the very earliest.

One question I would have: Did that 11:54 AM call from SS's phone to JW summon him back to DC? Because that would have enabled enough time for JW to drive back and park in the zone before the tape went up.

Some reports say the pings from JW's phone at the time of the text to AS put him in VA (general), but at least one said it still put him in Chantilly (but I was thinking that might have been an assumption by the reporter based on the fact that we know he had been there until at least noon). Maybe he was actually well on his way back at that point.

I'm trying to understand what was supposed to have happened if the kidnapping was initiated at 6 PM and what the purpose of the break-in was. Was the plan all along to spend the night for the bank to open the next day or did the bank plan originate after the kidnapping had already happened? With SS last seen at 6 PM that would have him arriving home at around 6:30 if not later and that he wasn't called home at the direction of the kidnappers nor was VF there that late due to the kidnappers. So far there hasn't been anything about other things taken, like personal property inside the house nor from the home safes, so was there was a change of plans to purely focus on the bank or was that the original plan and if that was a change of plans, that seems pretty quick to having shortly subdued everyone and cooked up a new plan. Regardless of who all was involved in the kidnapping that seems to really speed up all the activity in that shortly after the kidnappers arrived the plan was in place to go from breaking in at 6 PM to having SS sent a text to JW at some indeterminate time and already heard back by 8:30 PM...so by no later than 2 1/2 hours later from the time the window was broken a plan had been put in place with the bank and was in the process of being executed. I'm really not getting why AS would call SS to come home when he's rushing to prepare for the grand opening if that wasn't done under duress and if he hadn't come home shortly after the kidnappers allegedly arrived on scene, what would the kidnappers have done with whatever their plan was?

My husband, who was in the military and has had training in hand-to-hand combat says the same thing. Martial arts are great for some things, but not really for self-defense in real life situations.

Agreeing w ^about MA not necessarily being practical in some RL situations. May also be true of other SD techniques.

When Perp approaches Victim alone in isolated parking lot, punches him & demands wallet, does Vic engage in self defense by physically fighting back?
- Vic w extensive MA training?
- Vic w military hand-to-hand combat training?
- Vic w years of street brawl experience?
- Vic who is national Golden Gloves winner?
- Vic whose hand is on gun w a round chambered, in jacket pocket, ready to shoot thru pocket?
Or do any of ^ Vics hand over the wallet?

Regardless of technique, part of Vic's self defense equation is 'Is it worth fighting about?' Imo, in some real life cases, no. JM2cts, could be all wrong.

Thanks! Isn't the drive from Chantilly to the house 45-60 mins? So assuming that JW was still in Chantilly when he heard about the fire just as soon as it was discovered (1:15 PM) he wouldn't have been able to make it back to the house until 2 PM at the very earliest.

One question I would have: Did that 11:54 AM call from SS's phone to JW summon him back to DC? Because that would have enabled enough time for JW to drive back and park in the zone before the tape went up.

Some reports say the pings from JW's phone at the time of the text to AS put him in VA (general), but at least one said it still put him in Chantilly (but I was thinking that might have been an assumption by the reporter based on the fact that we know he had been there until at least noon). Maybe he was actually well on his way back at that point.

Any locals willing to devote a couple hours to an experiment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreeing w ^about MA not necessarily being practical in some RL situations. May also be true of other SD techniques.

When Perp approaches Victim alone in isolated parking lot, punches him & demands wallet, does Vic engage in self defense by physically fighting back?
- Vic w extensive MA training?
- Vic w military hand-to-hand combat training?
- Vic w years of street brawl experience?
- Vic who is national Golden Gloves winner?
- Vic whose hand is on gun w a round chambered, in jacket pocket, ready to shoot thru pocket?
Or do any of ^ Vics hand over the wallet?

Regardless of technique, part of Vic's self defense equation is 'Is it worth fighting about?' Imo, in some real life cases, no. JM2cts, could be all wrong.

My husband is an ex college football player with military hand-to-hand combat training and he has fairly recently fought back, but only because he thought it could escalate if he didn't decommission the guy and also was bigger and felt confident he could do it. In another situation when there was a domestic violence incident involving one of the cleaning staff in his office building at night, who had a knife and who knows what else, he surprised the guy by shouting in his most commanding voice that she (the victim) needed to get in his office and barricaded them in until LE arrived, so it depends entirely on the situation in his case.

ETA: The second is actually sort of a funnier story than just shouting; he shouted, "YOUNG MAN, ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO BE IN THIS BUILDING? YOU - IN MY OFFICE!" He said the guy seemed so startled by the schoolmarm/nonsensical-given-the-situation question, "are you supposed to be in this building?" that he let the woman go.

After all the time spent with JW don't you think they would have collected his DNA?

I don't know. Would they need a warrant. Would an attorney advise him to comply without a subpoena?

I don't know. Would they need a warrant. Would an attorney advise him to comply without a subpoena?

If they got a warrant for his car and his phone, why wouldn't they get one for his DNA---especially after finding the backpack full of oddities in the car...

If I were him I would give them my DNA willingly---if I knew I had nothing to hide in terms of the crime.

This is interesting. .. so he gets the 11:54 call while at Home Depot. Maybe a few minutes to finish shopping, have to go through checkout, then back to the dojo to drop off whatever. So he probably didn’t get back on the road until 12:15, maybe a bit later. I'm local, and I would be surprised if he could make the drive in under an hour... I think inbound on the 66 is always, always bad (outbound seems to have more of the normal rush hour patterns). If traffic was really bad, it could take him over an hour just to get to the beltway.

So he may have been on the road when he got the call about the fire, and starts trying to call/text SS and AS. He gets to the scene maybe around 1:30-1:45.

This could work.

Moo

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Local, and not far from Chantilly, but during the day I'm in Tysons. I don't think a test drive would help much, though. All it takes on the 66, or the beltway for that matter, is one car pulled over on the shoulder to cause a massive backup that could skew the time dramatically.

What to drive to Lowe's Chantilly to see if I have reception and see how long drive takes? Too bad there isn't a way for folks to paypal or buy a websleuther a coffee in exchange for this type of thing, but not even sure you could pay me to drive way out there! LOL

Local, and not far from Chantilly, but during the day I'm in Tysons. I don't think a test drive would help much, though. All it takes on the 66, or the beltway for that matter, is one car pulled over on the shoulder to cause a massive backup that could skew the time dramatically.

Agreed. I am in the DC area, and was about to respond saying that the only experiment that would happen is how much of a mess 66 can surprise you with! :) In perfect conditions, it would take 40-45 minutes to get from Chantilly to the house, but 66 can be a nightmare in no time at all. Like you said, one car pulled over, a glimpse of a construction vehicle, or an actual incident and you can be delayed rather quickly. The road is such a mess that entire portions of the road are HOV only during certain hours (not during the time frame that JW would have theoretically been driving on it, but portions of inbound 66 are HOV only during morning rush).

I'm trying to understand what was supposed to have happened if the kidnapping was initiated at 6 PM and what the purpose of the break-in was. Was the plan all along to spend the night for the bank to open the next day or did the bank plan originate after the kidnapping had already happened? With SS last seen at 6 PM that would have him arriving home at around 6:30 if not later and that he wasn't called home at the direction of the kidnappers nor was VF there that late due to the kidnappers. So far there hasn't been anything about other things taken, like personal property inside the house nor from the home safes, so was there was a change of plans to purely focus on the bank or was that the original plan and if that was a change of plans, that seems pretty quick to having shortly subdued everyone and cooked up a new plan. Regardless of who all was involved in the kidnapping that seems to really speed up all the activity in that shortly after the kidnappers arrived the plan was in place to go from breaking in at 6 PM to having SS sent a text to JW at some indeterminate time and already heard back by 8:30 PM...so by no later than 2 1/2 hours later from the time the window was broken a plan had been put in place with the bank and was in the process of being executed. I'm really not getting why AS would call SS to come home when he's rushing to prepare for the grand opening if that wasn't done under duress and if he hadn't come home shortly after the kidnappers allegedly arrived on scene, what would the kidnappers have done with whatever their plan was?
I could be wrong here because I'm new to sleuthing & just still teething. But IMO they had to have a plan. They - refers to the ring which I believe existed since these people had all been in the quick money business & were seasoned. But bank doesn't open until morning, so evening to get the calls out to prep the $$, then late in the dark of the night, slither & take valuables. Which leaves morning for the coup de gras Jackpot money drop. It's just planned too well for it to not have been methodically planned out. & I do find it odd that he has a girlfriend in Brooklyn NY so close to the violent neighborhood w all the violent activities. JMO

If they got a warrant for his car and his phone, why wouldn't they get one for his DNA---especially after finding the backpack full of oddities in the car...

If I were him I would give them my DNA willingly---if I knew I had nothing to hide in terms of the crime.

I agree that most likely they have gotten a set of prints and DNA since the return/ and affidavit indicate forensics and wet/dry swabs.
10ff8b8cc679a6481daf587440fd4886.jpg

& this is why it is so difficult not believing JW was complicit in the crime. Because IMO JW is like the KEY to the lock. And there seem to be so many oddities when it comes to JW, actions, alibi, texts, etc etc....It all just doesn't compute without him.

& this is why it is so difficult not believing JW was complicit in the crime. Because IMO JW is like the KEY to the lock. And there seem to be so many oddities when it comes to JW, actions, alibi, texts, etc etc....It all just doesn't compute without him.

I believe he would have been arrested if anything was found to incriminate him. He was put under a microscope in the beginning (before they found the damning evidence from DW).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member