DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if they convince the jury that it was someone else's idea, when the judge explains what is required to find DW guilty of felony murder, the defense will have helped the prosecution make their case. If DW just held the duct tape roll for JW while he tied everyone up and then killed them, DW would still be guilty. Since the evidence seems to indicate that DW had a greater role than holding the roll, how does conceding that DW took part in the crime at all, even as "just the muscle", help DW? The only way I see to avoid a guilty verdict is if the defense could make the case that JW (or someone else) committed the crime instead of DW.

I totally agree. And that is why the detective shrugged and said 'I Don't Know'---when the defense attorney was grilling them about JW's texting timeline. The state is not that concerned about that side issue during Wint's preliminary hearing. JMO

That picture is too close, doesn't show enough to be able to figure. Can you get a picture that is not so close ??-- & where on that picture was the crime tape? That would help a lot.

I don't know for sure how far out the crime tape went, but I am estimating that it would be the area that is outlined by the yellow. What are you trying to figure out so I know how far out to make the map? It is a google map, so you can just enter the house address.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...2!3m1!1s0x89b7b6290cef3cf7:0xa3c13e9501a7e379

AFAIK the chain of events was that LE was looking for where the car had been previously after they found the car on fire and tied it back to the S family:

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/dc/2015/05/14/dc-fire-ems-woodland-drive/27312461/
I think it was at least a day after a fire that it publicly went from being 'suspicious' to publicly being a murder/arson investigation.

I think it was an OBVIOUS murder within minutes. The firefighters went inside and saw people duct taped to their chairs with various stab wounds. :eek:

Regarding the Pizza.......
This has been a curiosity to me from the beginning. Today's claim that the pizza was in the trash with a knife echoes Ficker's earlier claim that the pizza was in the trash. It occurred to me that I wasn't focusing on the fact that there were TWO pizzas, and that it is very possible that the one with DW DNA, pepperoni and partially eaten, was in the trash and that the other, the uneaten cheese, was in the house. And that the LE info that pizza was in the house refers to the one remaining pizza, not the one on the trash. We saw footage of LE taking out evidence trash containers and I assumed that was what Ficker, et al were claiming as "trash". But it is possible that the pizza was in a totally separate bin and then confiscated and placed inside LE evidence trash containers.

I guess I wonder why the pizza box was in the trash at all. Why is DW taking the time to put a pizza box in the garbage? Weird.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hate to point back at my own posts...but did anyone else notice the guy in the foreground of the "burning car" video that we saw a much longer clip of yesterday than had been previously released? Do you think the earlier part was released by accident? Or on purpose?
Good job on the screen grab. He appears in the video as Bruce Leshan is describing evidence, listen for the "s" in"green reflective vest." The dark picture leads one to think it was night time, but it was really 5:30 so the sun was still out, which explains the dark glasses. Who is he? IMO either a fireman or a bystander. He was actually the third ghost to make a cameo appearance. The first was just a streak, here is the second (might be a fireman in the funny hat.) The third is in your post above. Fire Car 1.jpg

I think it started earlier too. All these guessestimations have my timeline skewed up to the nth degree.

Of course 5:56 p.m. could have been when Mr. S arrived at the home and maybe something got slammed then that caused the system to detect glass being broken.

It just makes me sick to think what this family suffered and endured many hours and through the night.

SS was still at dojo at 6pm per AIW employee.

We know for a fact that Wint had help. "He could not have acted alone", say LE reports. This crime "REQUIRED the assistance of more than one person", reads another report. And, police have given us the factual basis for why this theory holds. In one of the released search warrants, it states that (among other things) the police are looking for safes(plural). There's your proof that Wint didn't so this crime all by his lonesome. I have a medium sized Mosler(yes, that's a brand of safe) in my home. It took three men to bring it into the house.

I guess I wonder why the pizza box was in the trash at all. Why is DW taking the time to put a pizza box in the garbage? Weird.

I could see a female accomplice doing that out of habit /nervous energy.

I have a possible scenario in mind... lol

I think DW drove it to the church lot and went home to 'chill.' He was anxious. Then he saw or heard on the news, the cops were looking for the stolen Porsche. So he runs out and torches it, hoping to burn up the evidence. ?

That would be another dumb move on DW's part. Parking a Porsche in a largely empty church parking lot in the middle of a weekday afternoon? Would stick out like a sore thumb, even without lighting it on fire. DW doesn't appear to be a guy who can think on his feet.

Same here. But I wonder if something were to happen to me during the day, would the alarm company be able to provide LE with info on when I opened/closed my doors/windows even if my alarm wasn't armed.

Absolutely.......every sensor opened, ie, doors, windows are all recorded. Example of mine:

Today 2:34 PM - User
Today 2:21 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to No Motion.
Today 2:18 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to Motion.
Today 2:16 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to No Motion.
Today 2:13 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to Motion.
Today 2:02 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to No Motion.
Today 1:57 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to Motion.
Today 1:51 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to No Motion.
Today 1:48 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to Motion.
Today 1:48 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to No Motion.
Today 1:39 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to Motion.
Today 1:12 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to No Motion.
Today 1:09 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to Motion.
Today 1:06 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to No Motion.
Today 1:03 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to Motion.

From the DC code:

§ 22–2101. Murder in the first degree - Purposeful killing; killing while perpetrating certain crimes.

Whoever, being of sound memory and discretion, kills another purposely, either of deliberate and premeditated malice or by means of poison, or in perpetrating or attempting to perpetrate an offense punishable by imprisonment in the penitentiary, or without purpose to do so kills another in perpetrating or in attempting to perpetrate any arson, as defined in § 22‑301 or § 22‑302, first degree sexual abuse, first degree child sexual abuse, first degree cruelty to children, mayhem, robbery, or kidnaping, or in perpetrating or attempting to perpetrate any housebreaking while armed with or using a dangerous weapon, or in perpetrating or attempting to perpetrate a felony involving a controlled substance, is guilty of murder in the first degree. For purposes of imprisonment following revocation of release authorized by § 24‑403.01(b)(7), murder in the first degree is a Class A felony.

BBM

http://dccode.org/simple/sections/22-2101.html

Yes, so he could admit to conspiring to engage in unarmed housebreaking and/or grand theft auto, which would be felonies outside the DC felony murder rule. I'd say that with what we know so far the evidence does point to weapons being acquired on-scene rather than brought there (though we don't know about the knife in the trash as to whether it was brought there or came from there), so there potentially could be a defense there of saying he was there for an unarmed home invasion and stealing cars but it was others who subsequently got armed and did the killing, so even though he'd be admitting a felony it wouldn't be one that falls under felony murder. I don't know that it would be a successful defense, but depending on what the evidence shows it may not be a defense that has no hope of success. The defense already has the prosecution insisting there were others involved, so they're going to have specifically prove he personally committed one or more of the underlying felonies (I think he did, but so far I haven't heard evidence showing that he specifically did rather than a member of the group did one or more of the qualifying felonies).

Good job on the screen grab. He appears in the video as Bruce Leshan is describing evidence, listen for the "s" in"green reflective vest." The dark picture leads one to think it was night time, but it was really 5:30 so the sun was still out, which explains the dark glasses. Who is he? IMO either a fireman or a bystander. He was actually the third ghost to make a cameo appearance. The first was just a streak, here is the second (might be a fireman in the funny hat.) The third is in your post above. View attachment 78511

Thanks, I actually did notice the other streaks but I thought they were looping the tape. Is the "hat" an artifact of stopping the frames? In the first couple screen grabs I tried, I got some funny 'special' effects.

ETA: I agree now, definitely a hat, probably a firefighter.

Absolutely.......every sensor opened, ie, doors, windows are all recorded. Example of mine:

Today 2:34 PM - User
Today 2:21 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to No Motion.
Today 2:18 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to Motion.
Today 2:16 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to No Motion.
Today 2:13 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to Motion.
Today 2:02 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to No Motion.
Today 1:57 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to Motion.
Today 1:51 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to No Motion.
Today 1:48 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to Motion.
Today 1:48 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to No Motion.
Today 1:39 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to Motion.
Today 1:12 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to No Motion.
Today 1:09 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to Motion.
Today 1:06 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to No Motion.
Today 1:03 PM - Motion Detector (Zone 8) set to Motion.

Yep. Mine will do that, too. It records and sends the information (or the information is stored someplace easy for the company to access) and only alarms if it's armed. There is a log of every event, every door opened, everything that happens as it relates to the zones in the alarm system. In the S case, the company would just look at the log to see if anything unusual was logged.

AFAIK the chain of events was that LE was looking for where the car had been previously after they found the car on fire and tied it back to the S family:

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/dc/2015/05/14/dc-fire-ems-woodland-drive/27312461/
I think it was at least a day after a fire that it publicly went from being 'suspicious' to publicly being a murder/arson investigation.

I don't think so. The firefighters radioed that it was going to be a crime scene before they even took the bodies out of the house. Also, someone noticed the Porsche was missing around the time of the fire, so LE was already looking for it when they found the burning car.

I think it was an OBVIOUS murder within minutes. The firefighters went inside and saw people duct taped to their chairs with various stab wounds. :eek:

It was obvious to the first responders instantly, but that's not question. The question is when did LE first publicly put out an APB about the car, which I don't believe LE started looking for information about the car until after it was found rather than the car being publicly reported stolen and then subsequently found burned.

I could see a female accomplice doing that out of habit /nervous energy.

PS........pizza boxes go in the "green" can. Little trivia I learned recently. [emoji487]

We know for a fact that Wint had help. "He could not have acted alone", say LE reports. This crime "REQUIRED the assistance of more than one person", reads another report. And, police have given us the factual basis for why this theory holds. In one of the released search warrants, it states that (among other things) the police are looking for safes(plural). There's your proof that Wint didn't so this crime all by his lonesome. I have a medium sized Mosler(yes, that's a brand of safe) in my home. It took three men to bring it into the house.

Maybe Wint is even dumber than we imagined... he was told to get 'the Mosler' and left with the safe instead of the car. :eek:ddsmiley:

Could the time on JW'S phone be haunted? On multiple occasions the face (front) of my smartphone has said 2 different times simultaneously. One hour apart exactly. I am NOT near 2 timezones. My carrier could not be explain it. It would come and go like that off and on. No one ever figured out why. :gaah:

[emoji317]

This was a preliminary hearing for only Darron Wint. There was nothing to be gained for the prosecutor to confuse the charges against Wint by discussing details of investigations of other persons. The absence of mentioning other persons, JW included, does not clear their names nor does it exclude them from future charges.

ITA with this logic. I'm just confused as to why they kept mentioning JW at all if this is the case, and more curiously, only using old information. With how much they tried to cast doubt on JW, I was mostly wondering if they had other information, why not use it then?

Thanks for your input... my understanding of all these different hearings is quite fuzzy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1