DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA with this logic. I'm just confused as to why they kept mentioning JW at all if this is the case, and more curiously, only using old information. With how much they tried to cast doubt on JW, I was mostly wondering if they had other information, why not use it then?

Thanks for your input... my understanding of all these different hearings is quite fuzzy.

Maybe the defense is posturing for some kind of plea bargain arrangement.

This is interesting. .. so he gets the 11:54 call while at Home Depot. Maybe a few minutes to finish shopping, have to go through checkout, then back to the dojo to drop off whatever. So he probably didn’t get back on the road until 12:15, maybe a bit later. I'm local, and I would be surprised if he could make the drive in under an hour... I think inbound on the 66 is always, always bad (outbound seems to have more of the normal rush hour patterns). If traffic was really bad, it could take him over an hour just to get to the beltway.
So he may have been on the road when he got the call about the fire, and starts trying to call/text SS and AS. He gets to the scene maybe around 1:30-1:45.

This could work.

Moo

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Please forgive me because I am so far behind it's not even funny, but what is odd to me is that if he got the call about the fire, wouldn't he have noticed the missed 11:54 am call/text/whatevs from SS and then call him first, instead of AS?

I know I'll get yelled at, and DW is a violent psychopath, but when I read about DW making those threats against children, I thought of it as posturing meant to scare the adults because nothing is more frightening than one's child being threatened. He may have meant it, but it's not necessary for him to have been really thinking about murdering children to make those kinds of threats in a rage. The people who got orders of protection all later let DW live with them, so it's hard to know how seriously they even took the threats. It's only because of what DW did to PS that I know he has the capacity and will to carry out that kind of violence against a child. Before that, I would have thought it was just more of his psycho-angry raging.

People who threaten that stuff, they are capable of it. There may be a thin thread that prevents it at any given time, but the threat is always real. So, the family let him back in and allowed him to live with them. So many people are dumb and blind and in denial. Means nothing that they allowed him to live with them. If DW made those threats, it's because he thought about murdering children. If I'd been a relative of DW when these threats were made, I'd have turned him in myself and done my best to get him deported.

He had the 1,100 needed to pay his immigration attorney. I bet it was paid in hundreds. And reportedly he paid the cabbie 1000 bucks to go to NYC.

His own brother told LE that DW HAD THE MONEY. I think he is toast.

Plus DW's DNA links him to the money...

People who threaten that stuff, they are capable of it. There may be a thin thread that prevents it at any given time, but the threat is always real. So, the family let him back in and allowed him to live with them. So many people are dumb and blind and in denial. Means nothing that they allowed him to live with them. If DW made those threats, it's because he thought about murdering children. If I'd been a relative of DW when these threats were made, I'd have turned him in myself and done my best to get him deported.

I agree. I cannot even imagine threatening to stab an infant. How does someone even consider it, think about it, let alone brag about it, and promise to do it. You have to be sick and twisted to even think about it. ugh

I'm trying to understand what was supposed to have happened if the kidnapping was initiated at 6 PM and what the purpose of the break-in was. Was the plan all along to spend the night for the bank to open the next day or did the bank plan originate after the kidnapping had already happened? With SS last seen at 6 PM that would have him arriving home at around 6:30 if not later and that he wasn't called home at the direction of the kidnappers nor was VF there that late due to the kidnappers. So far there hasn't been anything about other things taken, like personal property inside the house nor from the home safes, so was there was a change of plans to purely focus on the bank or was that the original plan and if that was a change of plans, that seems pretty quick to having shortly subdued everyone and cooked up a new plan. Regardless of who all was involved in the kidnapping that seems to really speed up all the activity in that shortly after the kidnappers arrived the plan was in place to go from breaking in at 6 PM to having SS sent a text to JW at some indeterminate time and already heard back by 8:30 PM...so by no later than 2 1/2 hours later from the time the window was broken a plan had been put in place with the bank and was in the process of being executed. I'm really not getting why AS would call SS to come home when he's rushing to prepare for the grand opening if that wasn't done under duress and if he hadn't come home shortly after the kidnappers allegedly arrived on scene, what would the kidnappers have done with whatever their plan was?

Some good questions. I have always wondered if Wint and company believed that the money had already been delivered to the house by the time of the 6pm break-in. They may have thought AS was in a position to hand it over. Then simply take the money and run; nobody gets hurt.

Some good questions. I have always wondered if Wint and company believed that the money had already been delivered to the house by the time of the 6pm break-in. They may have thought AS was in a position to hand it over. Then simply take the money and run; nobody gets hurt.

If they thought it had already been delivered, that means it was pre-arranged sometime in advance. That means this would have been a very insider-motivated crime. Who was the insider?? Not a fan of JW, but what's your theory??

Maybe not. But he had MySpace and then was active on Facebook for years. And he was a community college student and did Marine Boot camp. All of the above sound like Computer activities to me. IDK but I think he might have purposely put on the police scanner which criminals often do, after committing a crime. He had just killed four people. He had to be nervous about how much the cops knew. JMO

I don't know. He may have not cared and been googling Immigration attorneys. His thought process doesn't seem rational.

Please forgive me because I am so far behind it's not even funny, but what is odd to me is that if he got the call about the fire, wouldn't he have noticed the missed 11:54 am call/text/whatevs from SS and then call him first, instead of AS?

I don't think we have a list of all incoming and outgoing calls JW made. Do we even know AS was his first call? He may have called or texted his GF about it first. I don't think we know.

Hi everyone... Sorry I couldn't make it to the hearing Monday. I really hope to be at the next one on the 25th if it is open to the public. So much information to catch up on. Let me get to reading!

First, we don't know the 11:54 call was missed. The was never stated by LE or MSM, it was just speculation here. Second, it was stated (don't have the link handy) that when he heard about the fire he tried to call and text both SS and AS. LE released the single text to AS. We do not know what order those calls/texts were done.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

BBM= BINGO :bullseye:

That is the key thing in a warrant because the courts are trying to PROTECT THE CITIZENS from the police. It would be awful if the cops could just seize your car and laptop because they were suspicious of something you said or did. The courts have set it up so the cops cannot go on fishing expeditions. They need SWORN STATEMENTS from citizens that would uphold the need for a warrant to investigate someone more fully. That's why the cops used the witnesses statement and not their own. Because the exact time does not matter in terms of obtaining a warrant.

Thank you so much for clearing up why so much of the doc is "witness stated". It's so easy to think, "Heck, it wouldn't be in the doc if LE didn't believe it to fact." But everything was so carefully worded, I knew there had to be a reason. Just didn't what that reason was.

First, we don't know the 11:54 call was missed. The was never stated by LE or MSM, it was just speculation here. Second, it was stated (don't have the link handy) that when he heard about the fire he tried to call and text both SS and AS. LE released the single text to AS. We do not know what order those calls/texts were done.

Published in the Washington Post: May 14 11:54 a.m. Savopoulos called Wallace at 11:54 a.m on Thursday, May 14, but the call was not answered, records show..
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

Suggested Reading:
May 14 Jordan tries to call SS: The assistant, who did not return messages left on his cellphone Wednesday, tried to call Savvas Savopoulos about 1:40 p.m. but got no answer, the police documents show. Savvas Savopoulos had called the assistant at 11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...23d_story.html
“Hey ms Amy are you ok, if so you need to get home I got a call that your house is on fire,” police records say he wrote.

.... It is possible that DW forced AS to open the safes and he was very frustrated that there was very little cash or valuables inside. And he was raging. SS walks into the nightmare and needs to calm the raging monster down immediately. SS says he can get cash when the bank opens and he immediately begins making the calls to show DW that money was coming. JMO
sbm Agreeing w ^ as a possibility, as crimes that happen are not necessarily the crimes planned. This street runs in two directions: sometimes elaborate, well-planned crimes w crucial timing can turn into failures, and occasionally almost spontaneous offenses performed on the fly can be very rewarding. JM2cts.

I agree with your observations.

Also, the fact that the defense is going after JW makes it clear to me that JW is NOT under arrest secretly somewhere. JMO

Do you mind explaining why that makes it clear? If he were arrested or being held would they be prohibited from questioning the detective about any facts surrounding JW in the docs? I am not even slightly doubting you. I just can't surmise how where JW is would affect what the defense does.

Could that really be possible?

LOL, yes. I ordered 100 blank muslin tote bags for a project and it looked like whoever packed them had dropped some of them on dirty dusty floor AND stepped on two of them leaving a big ole tready footprint :(. There'd be DNA from seamstress (what's the masculine or gender-neutral word for that other than stinky sewer), the person who who packed them for storage and/or shipping. Man, what a pain for LE trying to rule out DNA or fingerprints from anything these days!

Do you mind explaining why that makes it clear? If he were arrested or being held would they be prohibited from questioning the detective about any facts surrounding JW in the docs? I am not even slightly doubting you. I just can't surmise how where JW is would affect what the defense does.

I am just surmising that IF JW was under house arrest, the defense would have been told under 'discovery.'

And if the defense knew that, they would be shouting it from the rooftops, as opposed to what they did---which was to try and create suspicion and doubt.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member