DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are not confused. It has been posted previously but every time someone wants to debate it, I repost it to clear up the facts.
Your second point is correct also, it's a clarification MSM (not Nate Thayer) that the call was not returned.

The 1:40 call was not returned, but it doesn't say that the 11:54 call from SS to JW wasn't answered. I thought that was the one all debate was about.

The 3rd DNA source on the vest is from an unknown person. IMO LE had probable cause to get a SW for DNA and prints on not only JW but also the peeps in the convoy. IMO that rules them out.

Where did you see "unknown? I thought they just said "a third person" without qualifiers. If they said unknown, that is a whole different story.

Regarding the following posted earlier:

[I]"Suggested Reading:
May 14 Jordan tries to call SS: The assistant, who did not return messages left on his cellphone Wednesday, tried to call Savvas Savopoulos about 1:40 p.m. but got no answer, the police documents show. Savvas Savopoulos had called the assistant at 11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire."[/I]

this might be more clear if the author of the article said the last incoming call answered by SS or the last outgoing call made by SS, instead of switching the outgoing and incoming

[video]http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/2015/07/20/daron-wint-due-back-in-court-for-dc-mansion-savopoulos-murders/30403319/ [/video]

So, who is this running past the camera at 1:20 in the video footage of the burning car?

Screenshot

If that's supposed to be the *actual burning Porsche in the actual church parking lot* I would think that would have been early :bombshell: and been blasted all over the news for people to recognize and call a tipline!

*said in the voice of beloved Huell Howser*

If that's real, it's obviously NOT Jordan Wallace or DW, soooo great find Skigirl!

Respectfully, that is not what I am reading in that article.

"The assistant, who did not return messages left on his cellphone Wednesday, tried to call Savvas Savopoulos about 1:40 p.m. but got no answer, the police documents show. Savvas Savopoulos had called the assistant at 11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire."

According to this, JW didn't return calls left on that Wednesday when reporters were trying to reach him - this has been the source of a lot of confusion about whether JW answered calls from SS on Thursday, May 14th. When JW tried to call SS at 1:40, he couldn't reach him. SS called JW at 11:54, the last call made from SS' phone (and apparently he didn't answer any calls after that, either), but it doesn't say whether JW answered the 11:54 call.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html
I see the point you are making. Guess I was being too logical to consider that the source of both statements came from police records that (1.) he received a call from SS at 11:54 and (2.) he tried to reach SS at 1:40. Some may assume there were other calls between SS and JW that were not accounted for.

I see the point you are making. Guess I was being too logical to consider that the source of both statements came from police records that (1.) he received a call from SS at 11:54 and (2.) he tried to reach SS at 1:40. Some may assume there were other calls between SS and JW that were not accounted for.

It's not a well-written sentence and has inspired hours of debate on this thread!

There could be a perfectly legitimate reason for JW's DNA to be on the vest. Maybe he wore it to work at one of the car driving seminars he worked at and left it at the S house when he came to work. Or moved it when he was in the garage looking for something... It doesn't have to be true - just plausible enough to create reasonable doubt. If his DNA was on the pizza crust, then he'd be in jail.
View attachment 78524

Made me wonder if the green vests may have been taken from Autobahn. Would be interesting to track the manufacturer. Perhaps Autobahn had several boxes of these and JW or his GF took them?

Something else I have been wondering about relates to the home security system at the Savopoulos home. Thank you to all who posted about your own experiences with these systems, and for sharing information about all the various ways they operate. I believe someone mentioned they can receive notifications on their phone about various goings-on with their system. I wonder if SS had that type of set up? If maybe he got some type of notification on his phone that something triggered at his home security system? Not that this is necessarily relevant to the crime, but maybe his state of mind while en route home would have been amped up a bit? I don't think we've learned if he drove himself, or was driven home.

Have believed this crime to be insider-motivated for some time. Who was the insider? NG claims that there was some discussion of a $40,000 cash delivery to be made prior to the opening of the dojo. This was when she was helping SS get the place in Chantilly ready for the impending grand opening. Who else was there that may have been privy to this discussion????

She never claimed that.

Something else I have been wondering about relates to the home security system at the Savopoulos home. Thank you to all who posted about your own experiences with these systems, and for sharing information about all the various ways they operate. I believe someone mentioned they can receive notifications on their phone about various goings-on with their system. I wonder if SS had that type of set up? If maybe he got some type of notification on his phone that something triggered at is home security system? Not that this is necessarily relevant to the crime, but maybe his state of mind while en route home would have been amped up a bit? I don't think we've learned if he drove himself, or was driven home.

SS drove himself we think. It was reported that JW left the dojo at 3pm on that Wednesday.

Made me wonder if the green vests may have been taken from Autobahn. Would be interesting to track the manufacturer. Perhaps Autobahn had several boxes of these and JW or his GF took them?

But why would JW want to take something that could be traced back to him so easily, to a future crime scene?

And how does his girlfriend even get mentioned or implicated here? Seems kind of unfair to accuse her. She has not been fired, has not lied, did not touch the ransom money and came forward immediately about the texted pic.

The 1:40 call was not returned, but it doesn't say that the 11:54 call from SS to JW wasn't answered. I thought that was the one all debate was about.
"11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire."
If SS had no incoming calls after 11:54, then no one (including JW) made any calls to SS after 11:54.

"11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire."
If SS had no incoming calls after 11:54, then no one (including JW) made any calls to SS after 11:54.

I believe it may be worded rather awkwardly since we know he was deceased so the 1:40 call from JW, of course was not answered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LE knows DW had contact before and after the crime with someone who we can't discuss here, even handing off the loot, but that person hasn't been arrested, as far as we know. Do you think LE has investigated that other person and found him to be uninvolved in the crime, despite being caught with $20,000 of the ransom money?

At the end of the report linked below, McGinty says "Now the lead detective did testify that police have not offered Jordan Wallace any sort of a deal to avoid prosecution.” Assuming the defense asked the question, why would DW's attorneys want to know that? If JW is not involved in the case, why would LE offer him a deal and what would JW have to say that could implicate DW?

As much as I like to make assumptions, I don't think we can assume we know what LE knows. Since they stated again yesterday that they don't believe DW acted alone, they must have information that points to that conclusion that we don't have. If they have someone in mind, they haven't named that person as a suspect. If they think someone is involved who they haven't investigated yet, they haven't told us that either. The only way we know DW was involved in the crime is because of DNA. That's virtually worthless for fingering someone who had reason to be at the crime scenes. It would take a lot longer to build a case without forensic evidence.

There are plenty of cases where LE suspects someone, but doesn't arrest them until months or years after the crime. The Lyons sisters case just made an arrest after 40 years! I hope we don't have to wait that long for justice in this case.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...31d64c-2cc4-11e5-a5ea-cf74396e59ec_story.html

Ooh, depending on how the question was asked, if could totally be a red herring thrown in to further confuse and potentially put things in people's minds? People = jury pool. Lawyers know exactly how to word things to imply things without having to prove them as fact.

Q: "So, Det. Owens. Has the FelicityLemon been offered any sort of a deal to avoid prosecution?" Of course the answer would have to be:

A: "No."

A more obvious answer would be who is FelicityLemon? But it was a fun example.

But, if the Detective isn't allowed to elaborate or rebut with the legitimate statement of "FelicityLemon has been ruled out as a suspect in this case. Why would he be offered a deal for anything?", all some people might take away from that exchange is that JW is involved in some way that is so heinous and irrefutable that there is no deal that could be offered, or perhaps believe the DT's question implies that JW has confessed to some involvement and no deal is necessary.

I haven't been offered a deal to avoid prosecution, either.

Deals aren't offered to people who are uninvolved in criminal actions.

Not saying JW is uninvolved or involved up to his eyeballs, just saying that the DT (as is the PT) is usually pretty savvy at manipulation.

If the green vests came from a box in SS's garage, why wouldn't SS be the first source to consider owning them legally rather than someone stealing them and placing them in his garage?

I interpret this sentence differently. To me, it means the last incoming call SS answered and the last outgoing call he made. But it is not saying the lasting incoming call he/his phone received.

We don't know the circumstances surrounding the car. The car was torched hours after the fire rather than the fire being something aligned with the start of the fire and fleeing the scene. Where the car was in those hours after the fire is one the mysteries of the case. The original plan may have been to steal the car to sell it, which I do for the circumstances surrounding the car strange that it was taken but not torched immediately. I do hope there are answers as to why that happened.

ASSUMPTIONS are FUN! :partyguy:

LOL, what if DW sold the car to someone, (the buyer knew it was stolen) then the guy saw the murders on the news so quickly, the Watch for this Porsche and was furious.

Furious enough to drive the car to a location near DW and set it on fire - retaliation to help point LE to DW and it did.

It says it was the "last incoming or outgoing calls made or answered," not "made or received." JW (or anyone else) could have called him, but SS did not answer. We know that to be the case. JW called him at 1:40 after he had died.

[video]http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/2015/07/20/daron-wint-due-back-in-court-for-dc-mansion-savopoulos-murders/30403319/ [/video]

So, who is this running past the camera at 1:20 in the video footage of the burning car?

Screenshot

What if that's an officer (sunglasses) and he just responded to the fire?

Oh, no! :hilarious:

Yeah, I watched it again and I'm pretty sure it's a PO ***ETA or firefighter as others said so long before me.
__________________________________________________ ___________________
ETA: aaaand once more I see I'm late to the party with my brilliant observations, lol! This is what happens when I start yapping and still 14 pages behind in reading these. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeganGarner