DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggested Reading:
May 14 Jordan tries to call SS: The assistant, who did not return messages left on his cellphone Wednesday, tried to call Savvas Savopoulos about 1:40 p.m. but got no answer, the police documents show. Savvas Savopoulos had called the assistant at 11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...23d_story.html
“Hey ms Amy are you ok, if so you need to get home I got a call that your house is on fire,” police records say he wrote.
This one I do remember, but there were pages of debate here as to whether he didn't return messages left by SS or by the reporter writing the article. I missed the clearer article you posted above. Thanks for setting me straight!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Theoretically DW could admit to conspiring to a crime that isn't one of the ones that covered under the DC felony murder statute (what felonies qualify varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, which I believe the requirement for DC is that they're 'dangerous' felonies). I think for instance DW could say that he signed up for something like car theft but it became something he didn't sign up for and he didn't kill anyone, so he can't be found guilty of felony murder. They could be going for a combination Ficker/Hanover in challenging the evidence while saying he was just a pawn to something lesser while JW or whoever was the mastermind directing others. I think DW's best hope would be a plea bargain and it could be that what's really going on is they're angling for that.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: it's felony murder .. That is what imho so ridiculous with defense type options being floated here for opinions ...

I am just surmising that IF JW was under house arrest, the defense would have been told under 'discovery.'

And if the defense knew that, they would be shouting it from the rooftops, as opposed to what they did---which was to try and create suspicion and doubt.

JMO

Got it. Would that be a strategic reason on the prosecution's part to hold off on arresting other individuals who might be accessories? So as not to give the defense ammunition in a hearing like this? I'm not really asking about this case in particular.

Got it. Would that be a strategic reason on the prosecution's part to hold off on arresting other individuals who might be accessories? So as not to give the defense ammunition in a hearing like this? I'm not really asking about this case in particular.

Good question. But I think the real reason they have not made any more arrests is that they have not found anyone else's DNA in the crime scene yet.

JW is in a good position because his can be explained away. But I highly doubt he went inside the house that night anyway.

Published in the Washington Post: May 14 11:54 a.m. Savopoulos called Wallace at 11:54 a.m on Thursday, May 14, but the call was not answered, records show..
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

I'm very confused. What I saw at the same link is what I remembered seeing previously:

The assistant, who did not return messages left on his cellphone Wednesday, tried to call Savvas Savopoulos about 1:40 p.m. but got no answer, the police documents show. Savvas Savopoulos had called the assistant at 11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire.

The article was posted on May 20th -- a Wednesday -- I believe that's the call the assistant didn't return.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Suggested Reading:
May 14 Jordan tries to call SS: The assistant, who did not return messages left on his cellphone Wednesday, tried to call Savvas Savopoulos about 1:40 p.m. but got no answer, the police documents show. Savvas Savopoulos had called the assistant at 11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire.

“Hey ms Amy are you ok, if so you need to get home I got a call that your house is on fire,” police records say he wrote.

Thank you so much for this. I keep forgetting things that have been discussed and reviewed earlier. But, now I am wondering the following-it says he tried to call SS and got no answer. Then it says called AS and left the "Ms. Amy" voicemail. I would think he would have left a voicemail for SS too? Something like" Hey S, omg, I heard your house is on fire. Is there anything I can do for you? Is everyone ok? Where are you? Is PS still sick? So sorry I missed your 11:54 call"...IDK?? As others have said so often, so much is confusing, and we have so little verified factual information.

But anyway, thanks again to all who are here participating. I really love this website and have learned so very much while following the Jodi Arias case. I recognize some of the posters here who were active on the Arias case (OBE, LinasK, TexMex, Katydid to name a few) and am so happy to have their input again.

If they thought it had already been delivered, that means it was pre-arranged sometime in advance. That means this would have been a very insider-motivated crime. Who was the insider?? Not a fan of JW, but what's your theory??

Have believed this crime to be insider-motivated for some time. Who was the insider? NG claims that there was some discussion of a $40,000 cash delivery to be made prior to the opening of the dojo. This was when she was helping SS get the place in Chantilly ready for the impending grand opening. Who else was there that may have been privy to this discussion????

Suggested Reading:

I think there's a huge misunderstanding. I think the calls that were not returned were the day the article was published -- not the day of the crimes.

Trust me......they have JW's DNA. If it were his......they would have arrested him. JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There could be a perfectly legitimate reason for JW's DNA to be on the vest. Maybe he wore it to work at one of the car driving seminars he worked at and left it at the S house when he came to work. Or moved it when he was in the garage looking for something... It doesn't have to be true - just plausible enough to create reasonable doubt. If his DNA was on the pizza crust, then he'd be in jail.
10174777_10155182908065066_4735211865756389444_n.jpg

Have believed this crime to be insider-motivated for some time. Who was the insider? NG claims that there was some discussion of a $40,000 cash delivery to be made prior to the opening of the dojo. This was when she was helping SS get the place in Chantilly ready for the impending grand opening. Who else was there that may have been privy to this discussion????

Well, there was the "trusted AIW employee" who was with SS at the dojo at the time SS received the call from AS.

Some good questions. I have always wondered if Wint and company believed that the money had already been delivered to the house by the time of the 6pm break-in. They may have thought AS was in a position to hand it over. Then simply take the money and run; nobody gets hurt.

How would they know about the money?

I don't know. He may have not cared and been googling Immigration attorneys. His thought process doesn't seem rational.

Plus, I think he was really confident he wasn't going to get caught until he heard he was a suspect on the 21st!

Thank you. I missed that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure that the article meant that JW did not return calls placed to him by the press. The article does not say he did not return SS's call. It says that the 11:54 call is the last call that SS placed or answered. The 1:40 call may have been placed by JW when he was trying to reach SS after getting a call saying the S house was on fire.

I'm very confused. What I saw at the same link is what I remembered seeing previously:
The article was posted on May 20th -- a Wednesday -- I believe that's the call the assistant didn't return.
Am I looking in the wrong place?

You are not confused. It has been posted previously but every time someone wants to debate it, I repost it to clear up the facts.
Your second point is correct also, it's a clarification MSM (not Nate Thayer) that the call was not returned.

The 3rd DNA source on the vest is from an unknown person. IMO LE had probable cause to get a SW for DNA and prints on not only JW but also the peeps in the convoy. IMO that rules them out.

Published in the Washington Post: May 14 11:54 a.m. Savopoulos called Wallace at 11:54 a.m on Thursday, May 14, but the call was not answered, records show..
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

Respectfully, that is not what I am reading in that article.

"The assistant, who did not return messages left on his cellphone Wednesday, tried to call Savvas Savopoulos about 1:40 p.m. but got no answer, the police documents show. Savvas Savopoulos had called the assistant at 11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire."

According to this, JW didn't return calls left on that Wednesday when reporters were trying to reach him - this has been the source of a lot of confusion about whether JW answered calls from SS on Thursday, May 14th. When JW tried to call SS at 1:40, he couldn't reach him. SS called JW at 11:54, the last call made from SS' phone (and apparently he didn't answer any calls after that, either), but it doesn't say whether JW answered the 11:54 call.

You are not confused. It has been posted previously but every time someone wants to debate it, I repost it to clear up the facts.
Your second point is correct also, it's a clarification MSM (not Nate Thayer) that the call was not returned.

I'm not sure we're on the same page. What I'm saying is that the article says that JW did not return the call placed to him by MSM. It does not say he didn't return a call from SS.

The 3rd DNA source on the vest is from an unknown person. IMO LE had probable cause to get a SW for DNA and prints on not only JW but also the peeps in the convoy. IMO that rules them out.

As many have pointed out regarding what LE did or did not know about the 9:00 or 9:57 call, LE does not seem to be divulging any more than is absolutely necessary. Instead of saying, "the text was not at 9" Owen said, "I don't know" so by that line of logic, they could say it's from an "unknown" person since, maybe it's still "under investigation".

I think there's a huge misunderstanding. I think the calls that were not returned were the day the article was published -- not the day of the crimes.

Yes, because the day of all the calls (May 14th) was a Thursday. The Wednesday in the article refers to the day the reporter was trying to reach JW, almost a week after the murders.

Thank you so much for this. I keep forgetting things that have been discussed and reviewed earlier. But, now I am wondering the following-it says he tried to call SS and got no answer. Then it says called AS and left the "Ms. Amy" voicemail. I would think he would have left a voicemail for SS too? Something like" Hey S, omg, I heard your house is on fire. Is there anything I can do for you? Is everyone ok? Where are you? Is PS still sick? So sorry I missed your 11:54 call"...IDK?? As others have said so often, so much is confusing, and we have so little verified factual information.

But anyway, thanks again to all who are here participating. I really love this website and have learned so very much while following the Jodi Arias case. I recognize some of the posters here who were active on the Arias case (OBE, LinasK, TexMex, Katydid to name a few) and am so happy to have their input again.
Remember that an AIW employee had called JW to notify him of the fire. We have no record of the call but I imagine there was certain urgency to it and AIW had been unsuccessful in reaching SS. They could have told JW he's not answering the phone. Now JW attempts to call SS. No answer (OH *****! click) so he tries to call Amy. He was urgently trying to reach someone, anyone from the household. It wasn't a cordial call to chat, it was JW's attempt to help in an emergency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1