DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the green vests came from a box in SS's garage, why wouldn't SS be the first source to consider owning them legally rather than someone stealing them and placing them in his garage?

Didn't NG say she'd never seen these vests? Could they have come from lawn crew? Or must we assume SS owned them.

ASSUMPTIONS are FUN! :partyguy:

LOL, what if DW sold the car to someone, (the buyer knew it was stolen) then the guy saw the murders on the news so quickly, the Watch for this Porsche and was furious.

Furious enough to drive the car to a location near DW and set it on fire - retaliation to help point LE to DW and it did.

You are cracking me up. However, however.... that is a very possible scenario. Perhaps all the cars were sold, problem is perps just hit a glitch getting the mosler out of the garage.

She never claimed that.

The original reports made it seem as though NG knew ahead of time about a scheduled drop off and that JW called her to confirm that he delivered it. (HIGHLY UNLIKELY!!!!) If anything, it seems more likely that NG and JW connected at the crime scene or on the phone after to compare notes on the events leading up to the fire, and he told her that he had made a scheduled drop off.
In fact, another report said she followed up later to say she had no idea of any money drop off. (That's not to say that there wasn't some sort of plan to take out cash for the dojo that some people might have been privy to!)

I interpret this sentence differently. To me, it means the last incoming call SS answered and the last outgoing call he made. But it is not saying the lasting incoming call he/his phone received.
IMO police got this information from looking at his phone. Answered and received calls are all in the same log.

Didn't NG say she'd never seen these vests? Could they have come from lawn crew? Or must we assume SS owned them.

I take everything NG says with a grain of salt. I think the vests were left there with the other construction/contractor stuff. DW came across them and used one thinking he'd fit in better if he was seen. Or, he knew they were there because he or someone he knew did work for the contractor at the house. Coincidence...maybe.

I'm always leery of people knocking at my door. We get utility guys that legitimately need to get in the backyard for the power poles when we have block outages on occasion. Sometimes they're wearing uniforms, sometimes only a uniform shirt, but they always have an ID which, of course, I never think to look at closely. BUT, people do relax when they see a uniform or what passes for one. I think he knew enough that an unfamiliar guy with dreadlocks might look out of place there, depending on how he was dressed. Pop on a vest or id badge, add a clipboard, voila.

ETA: glad you understood I meant NG not BG whoever that is :)

NG did say she had never seen them. I doubt they came from the lawn crew. I have seen people doing mowing or other work on the highway, and they do generally wear vests, but I've never seen a regular lawn crew in vests. It also would be sort of weird if they stored their vests in the S garage.

FWIW, there are lawn people/landscapers in one of the google map street view photos from a last may (eerie) and no vests are visible: https://www.google.com/maps/@38.926...2jc4SnRw!2e0!5s20140501T000000!7i13312!8i6656

Somewhere, (I'll look for it later) police said that the green vest in the burning porsche were of the same type and color as a box found in the SS garage. It's possible NG had never seen the vests.

link:
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...-to-d-c-after-visiting-girlfriend-114233.html

D.C. mansion murder suspect Daron Wint hires cab from N.Y. to D.C. after visiting girlfriend

By Brianne Carter, ABC 7 News
May 25, 2015

Court documents also alleged Wint may not have been working alone, stating that a green construction vest was found inside the family's burned porsche.
Several other green vests were found in the Savopoulos garage.
================================================================================

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/others-helped-daron-wint-murder-savopoulos-family-cops-n363451

Wint allegedly fled the crime scene in Amy Savopolous' blue Porsche, which was found torched in Maryland later that day. Video surveillance captured a man, believed to be Wint, carrying a bucket. Inside the charred remains of the car, investigators found a neon green construction vest similar to others found in the Savopolous' garage, the affidavit says.

============================================================================

https://cbsbaltimore.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/darron-wint-charging-docs.pdf

e area near the car showed a black male, wearing a dark colored hoodie, blue jeans, and canying a bucket. Inside the bumed out remains of the vehicle was a neon green construction vest. it should be noted that several neon iime green construction vests were recovered from the Savopoulos's garage.

IMO police got this information from looking at his phone. Answered and received calls are all in the same log.

IMO they had everyone's phone records very quickly. Especially since the victim's phones were stolen after the killings

I was looking back at articles for something and found this video, posted May 18th. It only caught my eye because of what I've caught from the conversation about there being another person now being seen in the video. But what strikes me is that the dude standing in the foreground of the dumpster has white sneaks (DW?) and the guy walking with the bucket and the hoodie, his shoes don't look white. They look dark. (Sorry if I am late to the party and this is exactly what's been discussed.)

Here is the link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3086952/Savopoulos-family-DC-known-attackers-murder-arson.html

attachment:
Screen Shot 2015-07-21 at 7.33.11 PM.png

I know that LE is saying that the person walking away from the burning Porsche (carrying a white bucket) is DW. I am not convinced. The person in the video seems more slender in the torso than DW. DW has fairly muscular arms and torso...the image in the video could almost be a woman IMO.

Following another DC case and the suspect was on video going up the stairs in the utility stairwell. We all had differing views on M or F and nationality, but we all agreed that the person was short and squatty.

Turns out SHE was 6' tall and looked to be barely over 100lbs soaking wet. Nickname Beanpole or something. Father in LE. Pleaded guilty.

There's no way no how that gal looked taller than 5'5 or less than 150lbs.

"11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire."
If SS had no incoming calls after 11:54, then no one (including JW) made any calls to SS after 11:54.

SS didn't answer any incoming calls after 11:54 and he didn't place outgoing calls after 11:54.

Terrible sentence!

Boy is this some general info:

"Police documents, obtained by The Washington Post, show that the assistant had been helping Savopoulos, who was rushing to complete a martial arts studio in Chantilly, Va. It was unclear whether the assistant made contact with anyone inside the house when he delivered the money. Police documents show that he was at a hardware store near the Chantilly studio in western Fairfax County from 11:30 a.m. to noon May 14 and was still in Virginia when 911 calls came later that afternoon about the fire 30 miles away in the District."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/police-investigating-package-filled-with-cash-dropped-off-at-door-of-slain-family/2015/05/20/a100af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

I feel like we're still stuck with this same info. Look forward to getting more info and putting all the puzzle pieces in place. (And for clarity, none of these are ideas of WS, just LE and MSM.)

We can't rely on anything NG said to MSM. It's too bad, but I think she has done a real disservice to the S family, VF and LE with all the water-muddying she's done with her conflicting stories.

I'd bet there's a good chance Bill or another contractor left them there with other construction debris when he finished his last job at the house. JMO

Some good questions. I have always wondered if Wint and company believed that the money had already been delivered to the house by the time of the 6pm break-in. They may have thought AS was in a position to hand it over. Then simply take the money and run; nobody gets hurt.

You just made me think of this:

DW broke in around 3:00 in my mind.
AS is trying to appease DW, get him out of there.
AS remembers her husband may have a large amount of cash in readiness for the opening
She calls SS and tells him exactly what's going on and to come home and bring the money OR DW actually speaks to SS and tells him including not to call police, etc.
SS doesn't have the cash yet, he was going to get it Thursday, but comes home anyway in hopes of doing what he can to save his family that includes Vera of course
He races home and everything else continues as much as we know or can surmise

Regarding the phone call SS received while at the studio, we only have NG's account, but in any case, there's no way she would know if it was AS or DW if the call came to SS cell.

This is the first time I've seen the still from the video. Someone is behind the dumpster? And I think there are at least one or two others behind the second dumpster. Why hasn't this been discussed before? I'm confused. Please forgive me if I missed something. Trying to understand. I thought only one perp was seen (camera) leaving the torched Porsche the day of the horrific murders.

Why wouldn't the CEO of a CONSTRUCTION Co. have a box of neon workman vests? I bet he used them on many projects.

American Iron Works
www.americanironworks.com/
AIW Inc.'s specialty is extremely complex, large-scale construction. We pride ourselves on our ability to work as a team to develop constructible systems. AIW Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guttertroll