DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The call to JW when he was at Lowes is such a significant one because it was the last call made from SS's phone before the fire. (What on earth was it for?) But I miss calls from my boss and even my little boy sometimes for various reasons, and it's not because I don't care about them, so I'm not sure that alone proves that JW didn't care for SS or was super sloppy. If JW is 110% not involved (I'm not so sure about that, but the more we know, the less we know) then not answering a call could be completely innocent if he were checking out, etc. Though a little weird that he didn't check his messages until he got the call re the fire. I am glued to my phone and I am 46. I forgot it today and thought I was going to die. I would think a 28 would be even moreso glued to his device. IDK.

Yes I do concur. I do the missed call thing ALL the time, but then humbly speaking, mY LIFE is really not that important & I am my own boss. & to ADD seriously my phone is haunted & turns volume & vibrator onn/off on its own. However, keep in mind this would probably apply to most people. JW may not be "most people" he may be in a category all his own. But.... IF I HAD JUST DELIVERED A 40G CASH Drop, (GEEEEZEE) If I HAD BEEN HIRED AS Someone's Assistant, & If I had been paid good $$ to have a job as this persons ASSISTANT & this DOJO was having a GRAND OPENING..., (are you KIDDING me??)) I would have been glued to that CELL PHONE. Waiting for confirmation... Waiting for my BOSS to call me. Had I missed the call I would have been checking every 2 minutes for a call..... But that is me.....I cannot imagine in my small minded mind ANYONE not answering a CALL after a 40g cash drop into an Automobiles Seat. My HANDS MY BODY MY SELF would have been SHIVERING & Shakin' like a leaf!

Ok... calm down breathe.... just breathe.. thank you. sorry just out of control today, sorry to any one I may have offended with my off hand snarky remarks. Forgive me Facundo et all. checking into counseling now ... be back later

Yes I do concur. I do the missed call thing ALL the time, but then humbly speaking, mY LIFE is really not that important & I am my own boss. & to ADD seriously my phone is haunted & turns volume & vibrator onn/off on its own. However, keep in mind this would probably apply to most people. JW may not be "most people" he may be in a category all his own. But.... IF I HAD JUST DELIVERED A 40G CASH Drop, (GEEEEZEE) If I HAD BEEN HIRED AS Someone's Assistant, & If I had been paid good $$ to have a job as this persons ASSISTANT & this DOJO was having a GRAND OPENING..., (are you KIDDING me??)) I would have been glued to that CELL PHONE. Waiting for confirmation... Waiting for my BOSS to call me. Had I missed the call I would have been checking every 2 minutes for a call..... But that is me.....I cannot imagine in my small minded mind ANYONE not answering a CALL after a 40g cash drop into an Automobiles Seat. My HANDS MY BODY MY SELF would have been SHIVERING & Shakin' like a leaf!

So glad to hear my phone isn't the only one that is haunted! :ghost:

Unfortunately, I think JW thought this was business as usual with the Mr. Savopoulos. We do know he was excited to be delivering 40K because he texted a pic to W2 and W2's response was "Jesus, how much is it?" JW did answer correctly by texting $40,000. He had only worked for Savvas about six weeks give or take. I don't think he snapped that the family was being held against their will for ransom that he personally delivered. I think his shivering and shakin' like a leaf came when LE questioned him and he became a witness in a mass murder and arson crime case.

Kind of a creepy article written by a maid (supposedly):

I spent 2 years cleaning houses. What I saw makes me never want to be rich.

Let me tell you something you already know: Your housekeeper spies on you.

We work alone. We get bored. What do you expect?

I worked for a company cleaning houses for two years. It was flexible. It paid well enough. I didn't think of it as a career, or identify with it; it was just what I did to get myself through college as a single mom.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...saw-makes-me-never-want-to-be-rich/ar-AAd2THK

So glad to hear my phone isn't the only one that is haunted! :ghost:

Unfortunately, I think JW thought this was business as usual with the Mr. Savopoulos. We do know he was excited to be delivering 40K because he texted a pic to W2 and W2's response was "Jesus, how much is it?" JW did answer correctly by texting $40,000. He had only worked for Savvas about six weeks give or take. I don't think he snapped that the family was being held against their will for ransom that he personally delivered. I think his shivering and shakin' like a leaf came when LE questioned him and he became a witness in a mass murder and arson crime case.

The other thing that is possible is that (if JW is not at all involved) DW might have instructed SS to give a cover story as to why he might be out of commission that day and said something like "I'm gonna be busy doing stuff today, so don't worry about staying in touch." There seemed to be a lot of cover stories instructed by DW.

The call to JW when he was at Lowes is such a significant one because it was the last call made from SS's phone before the fire. (What on earth was it for?) But I miss calls from my boss and even my little boy sometimes for various reasons, and it's not because I don't care about them, so I'm not sure that alone proves that JW didn't care for SS or was super sloppy. If JW is 110% not involved (I'm not so sure about that, but the more we know, the less we know) then not answering a call could be completely innocent if he were checking out, etc. Though a little weird that he didn't check his messages until he got the call re the fire. I am glued to my phone and I am 46. I forgot it today and thought I was going to die. I would think a 28 would be even moreso glued to his device. IDK.

Yeah. The 11:54 call is problematic for JW, IMO. I don't think it's ever been stated if the call was a text, missed call or voicemail. Woodland Drive to Chantilly is about 40 minutes this time of night according to MapQuest. So maybe it takes longer during the morning? Would make it to Lowes by 11:30 or a little sooner. In Lowes shopping for 30-40 minutes. Phone call comes in at tail-end of shopping expedition. My husband is always in these Home Depot/Lowes stores for his job. I have to say that his phone DOES work in these places. Mine not as much, but then I have a crappy phone and a poor service provider. JW had an iPhone. If he had a provider with poor coverage area, that would defeat the purpose of that phone, IMO. So, it IS kind of doubtful to me that he didn't get the call. Of course, he could have inadvertently left the phone in the car, but I'd expect him to check it for missed call/text/VM. He didn't try to call SS until 1:40 when he found out about the fire. If the police saw that call on JW's phone the day of the murders instead of learning about it thru phone records, then I might be off the middle of the fence. It is not believable to me that IF the phone call showed on JW's phone, he would not return the call unless he knew it was DW. I do have to say that in the past, I have received VM's that were left weeks before I finally received them. It's been many years since that happened and was very rare. I've googled about the 11:54 call and it seems that info first hit the media on May 20/21. Which was before the SW for his phone records was requested. So I'm thinking that the call was visibly displayed on JW's phone.

I read the JW cell phone warrant. It says that the warrant was signed by the judge on 5/18 and that it was executed on 5/28. Does that mean that the police didn't see those official records until that day? That's how I interpret the warrant but not a lawyer so am not sure. If it really took until the 28th, that tells me the police saw that phone call from SS at 11:54 when they scrolled through JW's phone. SS phone records were also executed on the 28th. If the police were able to see that phone call, then there is no reason JW wouldn't have seen it and responded to it. IMO. Hope I'm making sense.

I wrote all that not thinking of everything I should have. It could have been text or VM with a simple message and there was no need for JW to call back. If it was a missed call, that is VERY BAD, IMO.

.... gosh I could have sworn that I have heard reference to that community being gated. With all those cars? whew!

CNP

It would be easy to think S home was in gated community -
because early on MSM referred over & over to the private security co. which patrols the neighborhood.

But other ppl here have said not gated.

That is not a fact! Sorry. It's just one possibility that some posters had mentioned for why it might take the amount of time it did to travel the distance at that time, along with that he might have stopped to get a new manila envelope. I have not heard or read anything about his actions between the bank and the house besides what is in the doc.

LOl, ookay. I heard it was a bikini wax, but ... :drumroll:

Thx. I only know what someone posted from google re timing with heavy traffic. In that case, I wish there was less traffic and he could have raced there freely and arrived within an hour!

What I found is that the drive is only 7-9 miles between Hyattsville BOAs and Woodland, BUT depending on the route taken and traffic conditions at 9AM drive time varies between 28 minutes and 55 minutes. On any given Thursday, a certain route could take as little as 26 minutes or as much as 50 minutes.

So, while that can speak to very bad traffic, it still seems to me there could have been a detour at some point. Seems like it did take a little too long to get to the S house unless there was a bad accident that day which caused more delays than usual.

Oohhh exactly 3.5 miles (11 minutes) from Canarsie ~Brooklyn NY (DW girlfriends community flat) to Flatbush~ Brooklyn NY (gang bust by NYPD that just happened) - according to mapquest

Really all I care about at this point is what TexMex is preparing for dinner.... gosh I could have sworn that I have heard reference to that community being gated. With all those cars? whew!

These are old historic DC neighborhoods - not new gated communities in the suburbs.

What I found is that the drive is only 7-9 miles between Hyattsville BOAs and Woodland, BUT depending on the route taken and traffic conditions at 9AM drive time varies between 28 minutes and 55 minutes. On any given Thursday, a certain route could take as little as 26 minutes or as much as 50 minutes.

So, while that can speak to very bad traffic, it still seems to me there could have been a detour at some point. Seems like it did take a little too long to get to the S house unless there was a bad accident that day which caused more delays than usual.

Never 28 minutes. You'd have to live here to know.

Yeah. The 11:54 call is problematic for JW, IMO. I don't think it's ever been stated if the call was a text, missed call or voicemail. Woodland Drive to Chantilly is about 40 minutes this time of night according to MapQuest. So maybe it takes longer during the morning? Would make it to Lowes by 11:30 or a little sooner. In Lowes shopping for 30-40 minutes. Phone call comes in at tail-end of shopping expedition. My husband is always in these Home Depot/Lowes stores for his job. I have to say that his phone DOES work in these places. Mine not as much, but then I have a crappy phone and a poor service provider. JW had an iPhone. If he had a provider with poor coverage area, that would defeat the purpose of that phone, IMO. So, it IS kind of doubtful to me that he didn't get the call. Of course, he could have inadvertently left the phone in the car, but I'd expect him to check it for missed call/text/VM. He didn't try to call SS until 1:40 when he found out about the fire. If the police saw that call on JW's phone the day of the murders instead of learning about it thru phone records, then I might be off the middle of the fence. It is not believable to me that IF the phone call showed on JW's phone, he would not return the call unless he knew it was DW. I do have to say that in the past, I have received VM's that were left weeks before I finally received them. It's been many years since that happened and was very rare. I've googled about the 11:54 call and it seems that info first hit the media on May 20/21. Which was before the SW for his phone records was requested. So I'm thinking that the call was visibly displayed on JW's phone.

I read the JW cell phone warrant. It says that the warrant was signed by the judge on 5/18 and that it was executed on 5/28. Does that mean that the police didn't see those official records until that day? That's how I interpret the warrant but not a lawyer so am not sure. If it really took until the 28th, that tells me the police saw that phone call from SS at 11:54 when they scrolled through JW's phone. SS phone records were also executed on the 28th. If the police were able to see that phone call, then there is no reason JW wouldn't have seen it and responded to it. IMO. Hope I'm making sense.

I wrote all that not thinking of everything I should have. It could have been text or VM with a simple message and there was no need for JW to call back. If it was a missed call, that is VERY BAD, IMO.

It does look bad to me as well. Try using Waze app for travel time. Chantilly is way the heck out there and 66 is the worst day, night, workdays and weekends.

I've noticed several posts, the past few days, referencing the 11:54 call, as a missed call. Correct me, if I'm wrong, but I didn't think that info. has been released. Do we know, without a doubt that was a missed call? If so, can someone provide a link, please?

If reported correctly, it was an unanswered call. I think it is pretty likely that JW's phone (the actual device) displayed a missed call from SS, for what it's worth.

If JW was partners with DW, why would he not answer that call?

From BellaVita's post:
".... I don't think it's ever been stated if the call was a text, missed call or voicemail..."

IDK if LE ever stated - text, missed call, or voicemail. Anyone? Thx in adv.

Yes, katydid23, good question.

OTOH, if 11:54 call was a text or voicemail, there may have been no reason or need to answer. IDK.

Because it was prearranged that he would get a call when DW was leaving the house. He wouldn't be expected to answer...DW would t want to chat after he set the fire.

I've noticed several posts, the past few days, referencing the 11:54 call, as a missed call. Correct me, if I'm wrong, but I didn't think that info. has been released. Do we know, without a doubt that was a missed call? If so, can someone provide a link, please?

Thank you for pointing that out. As far as I know, the only thing that has been said about the call was that, "...records show Savopoulos called his assistant at 11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire." I am not aware of news outlet or primary document that says that the call was not answered.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/suspect-slaying-wealthy-family-hunted-new-york

From BellaVita's post:
".... I don't think it's ever been stated if the call was a text, missed call or voicemail..."

IDK if LE ever stated - text, missed call, or voicemail. Anyone? Thx in adv.

Yes, katydid23, good question.

OTOH, if 11:54 call was a text or voicemail, there may have been no reason or need to answer. IDK.

This is all reminding me that we don't know about many of JW's incoming or outgoing calls -- we only know that SS called JW at 11:54 and that was the last call he (SS) placed or answered.

If reported correctly, it was an unanswered call. I think it is pretty likely that JW's phone (the actual device) displayed a missed call from SS, for what it's worth.

Sorry, did I miss a link to this upthread someplace? Perhaps my last couple posts are erroneous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz