DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe the garage was open at that point? (But it seems weird he would only mention the two in the garage and the Porsche vs all of the cars. He probably meant the driveway.)

I was reading early articles and many stated that the Porsche was seen BEING DRIVEN AWAY FROM THE HOUSE AT 10:30 AM and then found torched later. I feel like that info has evolved into more general statements like that it went missing Thurs AM. But, if true, that would mean someone took the Porsche long before the fire. Does the Porsche being driven away at 10:30 conflict with (or align with) any facts that have come up? I have been assuming that DW used it as his getaway car after the fire, but there are no facts supporting that other than that he was seen in the video later with the bucket.
Hmm??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a link to where you read "the Porsche was seen BEING DRIVEN AWAY FROM THE HOUSE AT 10:30 AM" ?

Or maybe the garage was open at that point? (But it seems weird he would only mention the two in the garage and the Porsche vs all of the cars. He probably meant the driveway.)

I was reading early articles and many stated that the Porsche was seen BEING DRIVEN AWAY FROM THE HOUSE AT 10:30 AM and then found torched later. I feel like that info has evolved into more general statements like that it went missing Thurs AM. But, if true, that would mean someone took the Porsche long before the fire. Does the Porsche being driven away at 10:30 conflict with (or align with) any facts that have come up? I have been assuming that DW used it as his getaway car after the fire, but there are no facts supporting that other than that he was seen in the video later with the bucket.
Hmm??

No 10:30 was the last witness recorded confirmation that Porsche was parked on the street. This doesn't mean that it left the home at that time.

Doesn't it seem odd that they would have a wireless remote control garage door opener pad on the outside of the garage? It seems it should be inside the garage... Who would have had remotes - Amy, Savvas, the daughters, Philip? Maybe just Amy and Savvas. Did they just leave their remotes in their respective vehicles on the visor? Probably not since they only had a 2 car garage and they were not the vehicles driven the most.

The pad on the outside is a device with a digital keypad. You key in a code and press Enter to open the garage door. Yes there are usually pads located inside to open the garage door.

I am the same way as you, with my garage doors. Even when I am home, they are mostly shut...I'm one of those people who also keep my doors locked, even if I'm home, during the day. The reason I think he confused his words, is because when he showed up to the house, it was in the time frame of the commission of the crime. I'm certain that DW would've made sure those doors were shut. He even taped the doggie door shut, so I would bet that he made sure the garage doors were shut, especially during daylight hours...IMO, of course.

Same here. Lock all doors, dead bolt them too, and mostly garage doors are down. We get the occasional vacuum cleaner salesperson or somebody selling something, church groups, etc. Plus, so many people just wandering or walking along the highway. Err on the side of caution in these days of evilness.

I agree, DW probably had those garage doors down. Need to look at those blueprints again.

Darn! I wish they would release more video... Did JW hang around to make the sure the garage door went down after leaving the $40,000?

The fact that he didn't mention the two cars in the driveway, leads me to believe that he meant to say driveway, instead of garage. The lady that cleans my house speaks English as a second language, with Spanish being her primary language. She sometimes gets her words confused, similar to this.
Alvero arrived at the house before Wallace. There being no windows in the garage door, then the garage door must have been left open for JW's delivery of the money to the car in the garage. In the SW there is no mention of the garage door being open or closed. The statement that JW lied about was whether the door to the vehicle was locked or unlocked.

Every time there is a new account something is missing from the account. Alvero mentions two cars in the garage and the Porsche in the street, but no mention of the two cars in the driveway.

I wonder if there's enough of the seat showing in that picture of the money in the red bag JW texted to his girlfriend? Can't find the link to that photo, but maybe if there is, we could perhaps determine which car he may have been in? Or at least, rule out certain cars?? IDK.

The pad on the outside is a device with a digital keypad. You key in a code and press Enter to open the garage door. Yes there are usually pads located inside to open the garage door.

Unless you have a link to prove that it's a digital keypad. We'll agree to disagree. The contractor doesn't remember a keypad and from the photo, i think it's an intercom to the house to let friends and folks in for deliveries.

I wonder if there's enough of the seat showing in that picture of the money in the red bag JW texted to his girlfriend? Can't find the link to that photo, but maybe if there is, we could perhaps determine which car he may have been in? Or at least, rule out certain cars?? IDK.

It was sent when he was supposedly on his way so it would show JW's car.

The fact that he didn't mention the two cars in the driveway, leads me to believe that he meant to say driveway, instead of garage. The lady that cleans my house speaks English as a second language, with Spanish being her primary language. She sometimes gets her words confused, similar to this.
I considered the possible language problem. If he were Brazilian and speaking Portuguese, garage and driveway are both called garagem, easy to confuse. However, Alvero is Savadoran, and speaks Spanish. The Spanish word for garage is garaje and driveway is entrada de auto.

It was sent when he was supposedly on his way so it would show JW's car.

I know in the doc JW stated that had a manila envelope in his car, but other than that has there been any confirmation that it was actually his car. It would make sense, I just can't remember seeing anything with LE stating that. It could be just the car he was driving that AM.

Anyways, I "think" we can rule out the Porsche if VF's husband saw it parked on the street when he was at the house (I think he was there around 9:45ish. Unless JW had already made it to the house and was in the garage making his delivery. Which would, of course, conflict with his timeline of calling SS at 10:10 and the text he sent at 10:26.)

Same here. Lock all doors, dead bolt them too, and mostly garage doors are down. We get the occasional vacuum cleaner salesperson or somebody selling something, church groups, etc. Plus, so many people just wandering or walking along the highway. Err on the side of caution in these days of evilness.

I agree, DW probably had those garage doors down. Need to look at those blueprints again.

Darn! I wish they would release more video... Did JW hang around to make the sure the garage door went down after leaving the $40,000?

He stated that he closed the garage door, so he must have at least assumed it went down (I'm thinking it probably wouldn't take too many seconds for it to close.

I considered the possible language problem. If he were Brazilian and speaking Portuguese, garage and driveway are both called garagem, easy to confuse. However, Alvero is Savadoran, and speaks Spanish. The Spanish word for garage is garaje and driveway is entrada de auto.

Gee, English is my first language, I've been speaking it for over 50 years and I misspeak on occasion*. I definitely could see myself saying garage when I meant driveway or apron (of the garage).

However, if he said garage and he meant garage, why not mention the cars parked in front of the garage?

*snorting because I do it more than occasionally.*

Do you have a link to where you read "the Porsche was seen BEING DRIVEN AWAY FROM THE HOUSE AT 10:30 AM" ?

Yeah there were multiple articles--I was up at 3 AM for some reason so did some light reading. Here is one link I just quickly googled, from Good Morning America:

"The family’s blue 2008 Porsche 911 was reportedly seen being driven away from the house at around 10:30 a.m. on the day of the arson. Police found the car at 5 p.m. after it had been set on fire in the parking lot of St. Christopher’s Episcopal Church in Lanham, Maryland.Footage of one of the suspects was captured by a surveillance camera at the church. Police are asking anyone with more information to contact them."

link: https://gma.yahoo.com/video/investigators-believe-victims-washington-dc-184134861.html

Yeah there were multiple articles--I was up at 3 AM for some reason so did some light reading. Here is one link I just quickly googled, from Good Morning America:

"The family’s blue 2008 Porsche 911 was reportedly seen being driven away from the house at around 10:30 a.m. on the day of the arson. Police found the car at 5 p.m. after it had been set on fire in the parking lot of St. Christopher’s Episcopal Church in Lanham, Maryland.Footage of one of the suspects was captured by a surveillance camera at the church. Police are asking anyone with more information to contact them."

link: https://gma.yahoo.com/video/investigators-believe-victims-washington-dc-184134861.html

Then maybe that was the suspicious activity that made a neighbor stop his car about that time!

About the suspicious activity, I was thinking it was Mr. F was seen knocking, walking around knocking on other doors, on the phone?
Thanks for the info kammiemc, I didn't recall the report of the Porsche being driven at that time. More confusion added now. :) (for me)

ETA: not only do I misspeak, I mistype changed G to F :/ I'm sorry to Mr. Figueroa
(not Gigueroa)

Alvero arrived at the house before Wallace. There being no windows in the garage door, then the garage door must have been left open for JW's delivery of the money to the car in the garage. In the SW there is no mention of the garage door being open or closed. The statement that JW lied about was whether the door to the vehicle was locked or unlocked.

Every time there is a new account something is missing from the account. Alvero mentions two cars in the garage and the Porsche in the street, but no mention of the two cars in the driveway.

Well, I wondered if there was a window in the garage where it looks onto the back of the property. I didn't mean the actual doors. You are correct about all the different accounts. Media is terrible and if I find some info, I try to find 10 more sources that say the same thing. I don't know exactly what time Alfaro was at the house. At one point, many here somehow calculated it was very close in time to when JW was there. I don't know HOW close though.

Then maybe that was the suspicious activity that made a neighbor stop his car about that time!

If it's accurate, it would be someone leaving in the Porsche immediately after the money drop according to JW's timeline. So, it could be someone taking the money somewhere, or JW leaving in the Porsche instead of his own car. Or, it could be inaccurate!

Gee, English is my first language, I've been speaking it for over 50 years and I misspeak on occasion*. I definitely could see myself saying garage when I meant driveway or apron (of the garage).

However, if he said garage and he meant garage, why not mention the cars parked in front of the garage?

*snorting because I do it more than occasionally.*

Don't have a link but seem to recall he said in one interview that he looked in a window. Maybe the garage had a window on the back side of the house?

Hmm??

I have what you're looking for!!!!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...luent-suburbs-D-C-suspected-arson-attack.html

Police refused to identify the victims as they launched an appeal to find the person who drove the family's Porsche out of the property at 10.30am.

Also:
They issued a public appeal for any witnesses who saw a blue 2008 Porsche 911, license plate DK2418, leave the scene on Thursday at 10.30am.

However, the same article says firefighters responded at 3PM which is false. Chief Lanier is referenced in the article as holding a news conference so maybe there are additional sources for this info.

I am the same way as you, with my garage doors. Even when I am home, they are mostly shut...I'm one of those people who also keep my doors locked, even if I'm home, during the day. The reason I think he confused his words, is because when he showed up to the house, it was in the time frame of the commission of the crime. I'm certain that DW would've made sure those doors were shut. He even taped the doggie door shut, so I would bet that he made sure the garage doors were shut, especially during daylight hours...IMO, of course.

I agree. The only place I see garage mentioned is in the daily mail (a UK paper). Most other accounts he says he saw two cars and Porsche on the street

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...micide-speaks-exclusively-to-abc7-114107.html

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mansion-ho...lls-strange-phone-call-fire/story?id=31182090

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz