DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a girlfriend who has a remote control entry for her garage and also has a keypad on the outside. Her teenage daughter uses it when someone else drops her off at home. I only have remote controls for our garage. Both of our garages are not far from the front door. We rarely go out the front door, usually only to get the mail.

It doesn't require a contractor to install a remote control garage opener, one screw in the wall to hang it and ten minutes to program it, bingo. Even a millionaire could do it and wouldn't have to tell the world that it was there, not even his infamous contractor.

They had remotes. It was in the court filings. That isn't even an issue, is it?

He wouldn't have been watching the news with his NY GF when he found out he was a suspect. He learned that when he was still in MD (maybe sitting on his dad's porch) and then took off for NY. I am still flabbergasted that he was just chilling, thinking LE would never suspect him...

Not surprised. When people commit any crime, even if it is just going over the speed limit, it is because they think they won't be caught. It is like going fishing in a way. If you didn't think you could catch something, you wouldn't bother. Same type of thinking, only in reverse.

You're correct...I don't think it has been determined. At one point, I thought he may have driven home in the white Range Rover, because of the photo that shows the white RR parked parallel in the driveway, behind the tan Range Rover and red Audi. It is blocking both of those vehicles in the driveway. The photo shows crime scene tape, around the outside of the white RR. Since seeing that pic,I have seen other photos with the cars in different positions...also, with crime tape. I guess I should go back and look for the photos, and see if they have dates, or are posted with articles that are dated. I'm not sure why LE moved the cars around in the driveway. One possible explanation might be that they towed them away from the scene, and brought them back, at a later date.

I found this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-cell-phone-call-inside-saying-wife-out.html

'I was knocking and knocking and ringing the bell, and I just had a feeling somebody was inside,' Alfaro tearfully told ABC affiliate WJLA-TV.

'I saw the two cars in the garage, the Porsche was on the street,' he explained.

I also listened to the video to confirm that's what he said. Too bad the interviewer is so inept, IMO. I know we've read/heard the interview before, but after hearing/reading again, I think it's interesting about "saw the 2 cars in the garage". Does the garage have windows? Or was the door to the garage open? Does that mean there were 5 cars total plus the Porsche?

Not surprised. When people commit any crime, even if it is just going over the speed limit, it is because they think they won't be caught. It is like going fishing in a way. If you didn't think you could catch something, you wouldn't bother. Same type of thinking, only in reverse.

That's why it's called fishing and not catching.

Just pondering about JW and how his prints might have been all over the Mosler. Of course, Mr. Savopoulos probably kept it spotless, waxed and detailed. Maybe JW got to do that. Car enthusiasts don't particularly like having their vehicles smudged by people touching. Look, but don't touch.

Heaven forbid don't ever place anything on the vehicle, such as a 12 pack of beer. Friend of my hubby's did that to my car. He got the nickname "Scratchy" that very same day and my husband still calls him "Scratchy" to this day.

Waiting for Monday... I hope the "new lawyer" doesn't delay the proceedings. We need to get the Justice ball rolling for the Savopoulos family and for Vera Figueroa and her family.

I found this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-cell-phone-call-inside-saying-wife-out.html

'I was knocking and knocking and ringing the bell, and I just had a feeling somebody was inside,' Alfaro tearfully told ABC affiliate WJLA-TV.

'I saw the two cars in the garage, the Porsche was on the street,' he explained.

I also listened to the video to confirm that's what he said. Too bad the interviewer is so inept, IMO. I know we've read/heard the interview before, but after hearing/reading again, I think it's interesting about "saw the 2 cars in the garage". Does the garage have windows? Or was the door to the garage open? Does that mean there were 5 cars total plus the Porsche?

Oh! That is very interesting!

He called her phone, banged on the front door, then went to a back window

And when he went round to a back window, Savvas Savopoulos called him: 'He said "I'm so sorry I meant to call you, Vera asked me to call you, she had to stay with my wife because she was feeling bad and she has to go to the hospital and asked Vera to go with her, I will call you when she is back."

'So I felt bad, so I went home and kept calling and calling. But nothing.'

Hours later homicide detectives were called to the property and it emerged Figueroa had been brutally murdered.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...all-inside-saying-wife-out.html#ixzz3g3ez5GOu

Guess he didn't see anything out of the ordinary since everyone was being held on the second floor. Must have been a very creepy feeling that someone was "watching" you from inside the home. Or perhaps even someone outside the home (especially with all the unusual activity in the neighborhood that morning)?

I wonder if he knew JW and by how much time did he miss seeing JW make a delivery? If all vehicles were accounted for - all five - he might have been wondering how Miss Amy got the hospital and why Mr. Savopoulos wasn't at the hospital. I bet he was wondering why no one called him at his job, especially Vera, to let him know of Amy's medical condition where land lines would have been available...

A true horror story!

IIRC SS had six vehicles

Land Rover

Bentley

Audi

Mosler

Range Rover

Porsche

IIRC SS had six vehicles

Land Rover

Bentley

Audi

Mosler

Range Rover

Porsche

There has been a lot of discussion about where the Bentley was. I've seen it stated here-not sure it's fact-that the LR, RR and Audi were parked in the driveway. If that's true, then that would tell us that all 6 cars were at the residence based on the statement of VF's husband.

I found this:

I wonder if he could have meant the Audi and Range Rover in the drive way?

They had remotes. It was in the court filings. That isn't even an issue, is it?

What?? The discussion was about the remote control garage door opener pad mounted to the side of the left garage door. This device is a wireless remote control. The issue was that you believe that this device is a door bell or an intercom.

I wonder if he could have meant the Audi and Range Rover in the drive way?

Or maybe the garage was open at that point? (But it seems weird he would only mention the two in the garage and the Porsche vs all of the cars. He probably meant the driveway.)

I was reading early articles and many stated that the Porsche was seen BEING DRIVEN AWAY FROM THE HOUSE AT 10:30 AM and then found torched later. I feel like that info has evolved into more general statements like that it went missing Thurs AM. But, if true, that would mean someone took the Porsche long before the fire. Does the Porsche being driven away at 10:30 conflict with (or align with) any facts that have come up? I have been assuming that DW used it as his getaway car after the fire, but there are no facts supporting that other than that he was seen in the video later with the bucket.
Hmm??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What?? The discussion was about the remote control garage door opener pad mounted to the side of the left garage door. This device is a wireless remote control. The issue was that you believe that this device is a door bell or an intercom.

Doesn't it seem odd that they would have a wireless remote control garage door opener pad on the outside of the garage? It seems it should be inside the garage... Who would have had remotes - Amy, Savvas, the daughters, Philip? Maybe just Amy and Savvas. Did they just leave their remotes in their respective vehicles on the visor? Probably not since they only had a 2 car garage and they were not the vehicles driven the most.

Great catch! The garage doors do not have windows. Unfortunately, I think he confused his words. I think he meant to say driveway, instead of garage. I don't know this as fact, but I don't believe garage doors were open. They have 6 cars, from what we know. From what I've read and pics I've seen, I think the Porsche was out front (before DW took it), the white Range Rover and red Audi were in the driveway (white RR to the left, red Audi to the right), and the tan Land Rover was parked on the side of the street...the street by the garage. I have always wondered if the Bentley is in the garage, in left bay. We know that the Mosler is in the garage, in the right bay. If I had to make an educated guess, I would say that Mr. S was probably driving the white RR. It would be a good vehicle to transport any items or supplies needed, for finishing dojo. My guess is also that they kept the tan LR parked in the street, out of the way; therefore, not having to constantly move vehicles, in order to get others out of the driveway.
I found this:

Or maybe the garage was open at that point? (But it seems weird he would only mention the two in the garage and the Porsche vs all of the cars. He probably meant the driveway.)

I was reading early articles and many stated that the Porsche was seen BEING DRIVEN AWAY FROM THE HOUSE AT 10:30 AM and then found torched later. I feel like that info has evolved into more general statements like that it went missing Thurs AM. But, if true, that would mean someone took the Porsche long before the fire. Does the Porsche being driven away at 10:30 conflict with (or align with) any facts that have come up? I have been assuming that DW used it as his getaway car after the fire, but there are no facts supporting that other than that he was seen in the video later with the bucket.
Hmm??

Maybe the open garage was the way the goods were being taken from the home? Than again, seems that would be caught on camera, if indeed the camera caught JW delivering the money?

Great catch! The garage doors do not have windows. Unfortunately, I think he confused his words. I think he meant to say driveway, instead of garage. I don't know this as fact, but I don't believe garage doors were open. They have 6 cars, from what we know. From what I've read and pics I've seen, I think the Porsche was out front (before DW took it), the white Range Rover and red Audi were in the driveway (white RR to the left, red Audi to the right), and the tan Land Rover was parked on the side of the street...the street by the garage. I have always wondered if the Bentley is in the garage, in left bay. We know that the Mosler is in the garage, in the right bay. If I had to make an educated guess, I would say that Mr. S was probably driving the white RR. It would be a good vehicle to transport any items or supplies needed, for finishing dojo. My guess is also that they kept the tan LR parked in the street, out of the way; therefore, not having to constantly move vehicles, in order to get others out of the driveway.

Possible, but maybe he did mean garage. If our garage doors are up, we are home. If our garage doors are down we are not home (maybe :wink:). If we don't want to be disturbed we leave our garage doors down and they are definitely down at night.

I notice the Savopoulos' garage doors are black. If one of the doors were open at night and there were no lights on at all - how easy would it be to exit and enter the house without neighbors noticing or being caught on camera? I guess there is a street light near.

Maybe the open garage was the way the good were being taken from the home? Than again, seems that would be caught on camera, if indeed the camera caught JW delivering the money?

Could be. I am so curious as to whether there is any video.

Doesn't it seem odd that they would have a wireless remote control garage door opener pad on the outside of the garage? It seems it should be inside the garage... Who would have had remotes - Amy, Savvas, the daughters, Philip? Maybe just Amy and Savvas. Did they just leave their remotes in their respective vehicles on the visor? Probably not since they only had a 2 car garage and they were not the vehicles driven the most.

Doesn't seem odd to me -- we had one outside. I think it would be weirder not to be able to either manually or electronically open it from the outside if no pedestrian door.

I found this:

Alvero arrived at the house before Wallace. There being no windows in the garage door, then the garage door must have been left open for JW's delivery of the money to the car in the garage. In the SW there is no mention of the garage door being open or closed. The statement that JW lied about was whether the door to the vehicle was locked or unlocked.

Every time there is a new account something is missing from the account. Alvero mentions two cars in the garage and the Porsche in the street, but no mention of the two cars in the driveway.

I am the same way as you, with my garage doors. Even when I am home, they are mostly shut...I'm one of those people who also keep my doors locked, even if I'm home, during the day. The reason I think he confused his words, is because when he showed up to the house, it was in the time frame of the commission of the crime. I'm certain that DW would've made sure those doors were shut. He even taped the doggie door shut, so I would bet that he made sure the garage doors were shut, especially during daylight hours...IMO, of course.
Possible, but maybe he did mean garage. If our garage doors are up, we are home. If our garage doors are down we are not home (maybe :wink:). If we don't want to be disturbed we leave our garage doors down and they are definitely down at night.

I notice the Savopoulos' garage doors are black. If one of the doors were open at night and there were no lights on at all - how easy would it be to exit and enter the house without neighbors noticing or being caught on camera? I guess there is a street light near.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1