DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is more:

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/dc/2015/05/21/nw-dc-quadruple-homicide/27752071/

10:30 a.m. : The Savopoulos family Porsche is last seen at the home, it is found later in the day in Prince George's County.

I think that Daily Mail did sloppy reporting. Upon investigating other links, it does seem that the Porsche was last NOTICED at 10:30 and that would have been JW's sighting, IMO. I don't think it was leaving at that time. Just "noticed".

But you're not crazy. You DID read that!

I considered the possible language problem. If he were Brazilian and speaking Portuguese, garage and driveway are both called garagem, easy to confuse. However, Alvero is Savadoran, and speaks Spanish. The Spanish word for garage is garaje and driveway is entrada de auto.

IMO the more common words are "acceso" for driveway and "cochera" for garage

I agree. The only place I see garage mentioned is in the daily mail (a UK paper). Most other accounts he says he saw two cars and Porsche on the street

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...micide-speaks-exclusively-to-abc7-114107.html

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mansion-ho...lls-strange-phone-call-fire/story?id=31182090

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...micide-speaks-exclusively-to-abc7-114107.html

Again, bad reporting. If you listen to the video at the link, he clearly says "garage".

I have what you're looking for!!!!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...luent-suburbs-D-C-suspected-arson-attack.html

Police refused to identify the victims as they launched an appeal to find the person who drove the family's Porsche out of the property at 10.30am.

Also:
They issued a public appeal for any witnesses who saw a blue 2008 Porsche 911, license plate DK2418, leave the scene on Thursday at 10.30am.

However, the same article says firefighters responded at 3PM which is false. Chief Lanier is referenced in the article as holding a news conference so maybe there are additional sources for this info.

I know, it's pretty confusing. And there were multiple reports saying that the chief said the Porsche had gone missing in the AM. Honestly, it's hard to trust anything as accurate until we hear it from the horses' mouths. But it was reported enough that it leaves open the possibility that DW or Co took a little ride at 10:30.

Hello to all- I was on vaca w/ my family in Europe and have just been following along and trying to keep up. Just wondering what you all think we can expect from Monday's hearing? Is this simply when DW is read the charges against him and he pleas guilty or not guilty?
Thanks in advance for any further insight.
I remember feeling rather disappointed when Matthew (Hanna Graham case) pleaded not guilty and it was over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I wondered if there was a window in the garage where it looks onto the back of the property. I didn't mean the actual doors. You are correct about all the different accounts. Media is terrible and if I find some info, I try to find 10 more sources that say the same thing. I don't know exactly what time Alfaro was at the house. At one point, many here somehow calculated it was very close in time to when JW was there. I don't know HOW close though.

This is, of course, just a guess, but the text from AS's phone to NG making sure she wasn't coming in was at 9:56 AM. I was kind of thinking that DW got freaked from VF's husband hanging around and wanted to make sure no one else showed up. So, maybe that was around the time that VF's husband was leaving the house. JW said he called (I can't recall if LE verified this or it was written as "stated"--obviously they can easily verify it with phone records) that he called SS at 10:10, when he was 10 mins away from the house. So a reasonable guess would be that the two men missed each other by 15-20 mins. So sad, because had they both been there at the same time, they would have put two and two together (JW delivered wads of cash to a car while VF never came home and it seemed like people were in the house. It seems like that info might have pushed VF's husband to take action.) :(

And the sadder thing is that, according to people who know the traffic, and the fact that we know JW had the money (per the text pic) at around 9 AM, it seems like if he got the show on the road he would have ended up at the house in a closer timeframe to VF's husband. But he stopped for Starbucks or a manila envelope or whatever might delay someone.

This is, of course, just a guess, but the text from AS's phone to NG making sure she wasn't coming in was at 9:56 AM. I was kind of thinking that DW got freaked from VF's husband hanging around and wanted to make sure no one else showed up. So, maybe that was around the time that VF's husband was leaving the house. JW said he called (I can't recall if LE verified this or it was written as "stated"--obviously they can easily verify it with phone records) that he called SS at 10:10, when he was 10 mins away from the house. So a reasonable guess would be that the two men missed each other by 15-20 mins. So sad, because had they both been there at the same time, they would have put two and two together (JW delivered wads of cash to a car while VF never came home and it seemed like people were in the house. It seems like that info might have pushed VF's husband to take action.) :(

And the sadder thing is that, according to people who know the traffic, and the fact that we know JW had the money (per the text pic) at around 9 AM, it seems like if he got the show on the road he would have ended up at the house in a closer timeframe to VF's husband. But he stopped for Starbucks or a manila envelope or whatever might delay someone.

The bank opened at 9am. There wouldn't have been a way for JW to arrive when VF's husband was there. DC traffic is horrible!

Few things.
1-Keep in mind just because JW texted the cash drop had happened --doesn't in any way mean that was when it happened, he could have texted that 1/2 hour later or who knows. If he was in on it, something more strategic. If he is not reputable even his text timing wouldn't really mean any thing exact. He obviously didn't care much for SS.... or he would have answered his call - so his sloppiness in being the assistant is typical behavior for people who have a chip on their shoulder for something.~ or something more sinister like being involved in this mess

2- I think JW conflicting statements were made to confuse LE just like DW not answering any Q's. These guys know the ropes.

3- Re Alfaro I have listened to that tape over & over, I believe it is only speculation what he meant, since the reporter did an absolutely TERRIBLE job interviewing..& his English & thoughts at that point, he was pretty rattled. Feel so sorry for him.

4- I thought this was a gated community????? Gated communities always have important security measures in place, such as cameras for cars coming & going. Some that have guards, keep track of who comes & goes. My guess there is some type of record for who came in & out late at night. Wish we knew more about this community & also would be interesting to know if there is a way to walk past the guard or if no Bueno.... did DW enter w a working cleanup group to get in to community

5-My bets on 2 + in house.. 1 to hold hostages in check & one person to take the valuables out during the night. That would also account for the ****odd shaped person in the video by the church who has an odd shaped head, I cannot see the hoodie to save my life. no disrespect intended, just the body & head kind of look a little off... could be my eyes. (when I see a rock I see a coconut too so who knows)

6-there is a theory I have in my mind. IF DW & JW had this planned together, which time will tell.... there is a possible theory I run in my head... that if JW skimmed the pot, & DW spots it...the people were killed. just a theory.

Totally off current subject, but if JW took so long to deliver the cash....could he have been renting a warehouse using cash that afternoon?? wonder if any warehouses in the area were opened that day purchased w cash???

I hadn't heard or read that he stopped for starbucks.

Few things.
1-Keep in mind just because JW texted the cash drop had happened --doesn't in any way mean that was when it happened, he could have texted that 1/2 hour later or who knows. If he was in on it, something more strategic. If he is not reputable even his text timing wouldn't really mean any thing exact. He obviously didn't care much for SS.... or he would have answered his call - so his sloppiness in being the assistant is typical behavior for people who have a chip on their shoulder for something.

2- I think JW conflicting statements were made to confuse LE just like DW not answering any Q's. These guys know the ropes.

3- Re Alfaro I have listened to that tape over & over, I believe it is only speculation what he meant, since the reporter did an absolutely TERRIBLE job interviewing..& his English & thoughts at that point, he was pretty rattled. Feel so sorry for him.

4- This was a gated community. Gated communities always have important security measures in place, such as cameras for cars coming & going. Some that have guards, keep track of who comes & goes. My guess there is some type of record for who came in & out late at night. Wish we knew more about this community & also would be interesting to know if there is a way to walk past the guard or if no Bueno.... did DW enter w a working cleanup group to get in to community

5-My bets on 2 + in house.. 1 to hold hostages in check & one person to take the valuables out during the night. That would also account for the ape like person in the video by the church who has an odd shaped head, I cannot see the hoodie to save my life.

6-there is a theory I have in my mind. IF DW & JW had this planned together, which time will tell.... there is a possible theory I run in my head... that if JW skimmed the pot, & DW spots it...the people were killed. just a theory.

1. JW was inside a Lowes building supplies store, a big box store with metal roof. Those stores are notorious for not being able to receive or send cell phone signals. There has been no information that would indicate that JW did not care for SS.
4. 3201 Woodland Drive is not a gated community. Anyone can pass through the community.
5. I don't understand your reference to an ape-like person.

1. JW was inside a Lowes building supplies store, a big box store with metal roof. Those stores are notorious for not being able to receive or send cell phone signals. There has been no information that would indicate that JW did not care for SS.
4. 3201 Woodland Drive is not a gated community. Anyone can pass through the community.
I respectfully understand what you are saying, but I have never once been in a Loews without reception. Not buying that at all.... Loews has too many contractors that need to make important calls before their purchase to have no reception. NOOOO way... not IMO anyway.
For some reason I thought gated community. re #5 just the head & shoulders are bent weird. & head flat... similar to what I saw in a museum once. Cant see a hoodie... must be the hoodie is all I can figure. No disrespect intended.
I see I'm striking zero here.

Really all I care about at this point is what TexMex is preparing for dinner.... gosh I could have sworn that I have heard reference to that community being gated. With all those cars? whew!

Few things.
1-Keep in mind just because JW texted the cash drop had happened --doesn't in any way mean that was when it happened, he could have texted that 1/2 hour later or who knows. If he was in on it, something more strategic. If he is not reputable even his text timing wouldn't really mean any thing exact. He obviously didn't care much for SS.... or he would have answered his call - so his sloppiness in being the assistant is typical behavior for people who have a chip on their shoulder for something.~ or something more sinister like being involved in this mess

4- I thought this was a gated community????? Gated communities always have important security measures in place, such as cameras for cars coming & going. Some that have guards, keep track of who comes & goes. My guess there is some type of record for who came in & out late at night. Wish we knew more about this community & also would be interesting to know if there is a way to walk past the guard or if no Bueno.... did DW enter w a working cleanup group to get in to community

5-My bets on 2 + in house.. 1 to hold hostages in check & one person to take the valuables out during the night. That would also account for the ****odd shaped person in the video by the church who has an odd shaped head, I cannot see the hoodie to save my life. no disrespect intended, just the body & head kind of look a little off... could be my eyes. (when I see a rock I see a coconut too so who knows)

Yes. Agree with all of that. (Although, dunno if it is a gated community. If so, the gate sadly didn't do it's job in this case.)

I respectfully understand what you are saying, but I have never once been in a Loews without reception. Not buying that at all.... Loews has too many contractors that need to make important calls before their purchase to have no reception. NOOOO way... not IMO anyway.
For some reason I thought gated community. re #5 just the head & shoulders are bent weird. & head flat... similar to what I saw in a museum once. Cant see a hoodie... must be the hoodie is all I can figure. No disrespect intended.
I see I'm striking zero here.

Oh, I didn't see the ape comment! (I can't agree with that.)

I hadn't heard or read that he stopped for starbucks.

That is not a fact! Sorry. It's just one possibility that some posters had mentioned for why it might take the amount of time it did to travel the distance at that time, along with that he might have stopped to get a new manila envelope. I have not heard or read anything about his actions between the bank and the house besides what is in the doc.

The bank opened at 9am. There wouldn't have been a way for JW to arrive when VF's husband was there. DC traffic is horrible!

Thx. I only know what someone posted from google re timing with heavy traffic. In that case, I wish there was less traffic and he could have raced there freely and arrived within an hour!

Few things.

The call to JW when he was at Lowes is such a significant one because it was the last call made from SS's phone before the fire. (What on earth was it for?) But I miss calls from my boss and even my little boy sometimes for various reasons, and it's not because I don't care about them, so I'm not sure that alone proves that JW didn't care for SS or was super sloppy. If JW is 110% not involved (I'm not so sure about that, but the more we know, the less we know) then not answering a call could be completely innocent if he were checking out, etc. Though a little weird that he didn't check his messages until he got the call re the fire. I am glued to my phone and I am 46. I forgot it today and thought I was going to die. I would think a 28 would be even moreso glued to his device. IDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1