DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If JW was partners with DW, why would he not answer that call?

First, I just want to say I am very much on the fence about JW involvement. I just don't know. There's not enough info for me to lean in a certain direction. I do think his involvement would be harder to prove than DW's. As to your question: it could have been a pre-arranged signal. I would also ask, in the case that it may have been a text or VM, why would SS be calling JW (of course under the direction of DW) 1 1/2 hours after the money drop? What more was DW hoping to gain at that point? If he was still trying to extort more money, and text/VM was left, then it would have been a call that needed to be returned by JW ASAP and that would have been made clear in the message, IMO. What would be the purpose of a message from SS that didn't require a response by JW? If he was still alive and trying to save his family, he would have left a message saying to respond back as soon as possible, IMO.

What was happening or being decided in those 90 minutes between the money drop and the 11:54 call? What was happening in the more than one hour after that before the fire was reported? I read in news reports that a lawn crew was there that morning. It was not stated what time they were there. Possibly DW had to wait for them to leave before setting the fire. I also wonder why all the different methods of violence. SS was beaten, stabbed AND strangled. I wonder if more than DW was at the home whether they all agreed to inflict their own form of violence so that they'd all be equally culpable of the murders. A pact of sorts. Just things that run thru my mind.

It does look bad to me as well. Try using Waze app for travel time. Chantilly is way the heck out there and 66 is the worst day, night, workdays and weekends.

I used Google Maps this morning. I also found out that GM bought Waze, so I guess this is integrated into GM? Based on real-time traffic at 9AM, it would take 31 minutes to reach Woodland from the Hyattsville BOA. That is a driving rate of 14mph. Glad I don't live there! Going on the Beltway in mid-afternoon was bad enough during a recent road trip.

I also wonder what lividity, rigor mortis and core body temp will be able to tell us about time of death for AS and SS. Lividity begins to happen at 30 minutes and rigor begins at 2 hours. If accurate, timely info was observed, that might help in determining the timeline of events inside the house.

I used Google Maps this morning. I also found out that GM bought Waze, so I guess this is integrated into GM? Based on real-time traffic at 9AM, it would take 31 minutes to reach Woodland from the Hyattsville BOA. That is a driving rate of 14mph. Glad I don't live there! Going on the Beltway in mid-afternoon was bad enough during a recent road trip.

I have just a passing familiarity with the streets and highways in and around that are, but here are some tweets from the DC Police (since they are official LE tweets, I think they are allowed) that morning that pertain to traffic. Maybe some sleuthers can tell if this might have slowed down JW's travels:

14 MayDC Police Department @DCPoliceDept
Traffic Advisory Update/Accident @ 1600 New York Ave NE/Street closure 1 right lane W/B on New York Ave. Reduce speed & expect delays.
Details 10 : 29

Traffic Advisory Update/Accident @ 1600 New York Ave NE/Street closure W/B on New York Ave. Traffic is being diverted onto Montana Ave NE
Details 10 : 13

It doesn't appear to me from looking at the map that 1600 New York Ave would be between Chantilly VA and Woodland Dr. Those are the only two tweets from DC Police about traffic/accidents between 9:00 AM and 10:30 AM on 5/14.

I have just a passing familiarity with the streets and highways in and around that are, but here are some tweets from the DC Police (since they are official LE tweets, I think they are allowed) that morning that pertain to traffic. Maybe some sleuthers can tell if this might have slowed down JW's travels:

Traffic Advisory Update/Accident @ 1600 New York Ave NE/Street closure 1 right lane W/B on New York Ave. Reduce speed & expect delays.
Details 10 : 29

Traffic Advisory Update/Accident @ 1600 New York Ave NE/Street closure W/B on New York Ave. Traffic is being diverted onto Montana Ave NE
Details 10 : 13

It doesn't appear to me from looking at the map that 1600 New York Ave would be between Chantilly VA and Woodland Dr. Those are the only two tweets from DC Police about traffic/accidents between 9:00 AM and 10:30 AM on 5/14.

ROUTE.jpg

I researched this and don't see anything that would affect JW's drive. NY is south of the route he would have taken. I don't see any problems with that. Plus the tweets were after 10AM? Should not have affected JW's drive at all, IMO.

Yeah traffic is really awful here. You can't go by what these sites predict.

I also wonder what lividity, rigor mortis and core body temp will be able to tell us about time of death for AS and SS. Lividity begins to happen at 30 minutes and rigor begins at 2 hours. If accurate, timely info was observed, that might help in determining the timeline of events inside the house.

What is lividity?

Because it was only a signal to let him know they were leaving the house.

We don't know that JW didn't answer the 11:54 call as far as I know. MOO.

Most people would take Rt 1.

Google Maps shows that from either BOA Hyattsville branch, the routes taken are 500, 410 or Michigan. No suggestion to take Route 1 which is also NY Ave, I believe? From looking at the map, Route 1/NY Ave would be a VERY long way around, IMO.

Do we know what time the preliminary hearing will start on the 20th?

Sorry, did I miss a link to this upthread someplace? Perhaps my last couple posts are erroneous.

I didn't link it because the article been linked so many times and many people have a bad response to NT. So, why I said, if reported accurately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope there is an actual prelim hearing on the 20th & DW doesn't try & turn it into another circus by announcing a change in attorneys AGAIN in an effort to keep delaying the inevitable. I think he believes he can get out of this like in the past. Sorry, DW this is murder & your not getting out of this one!!!

First, I just want to say I am very much on the fence about JW involvement. I just don't know. There's not enough info for me to lean in a certain direction. I do think his involvement would be harder to prove than DW's. As to your question: it could have been a pre-arranged signal. I would also ask, in the case that it may have been a text or VM, why would SS be calling JW (of course under the direction of DW) 1 1/2 hours after the money drop? What more was DW hoping to gain at that point? If he was still trying to extort more money, and text/VM was left, then it would have been a call that needed to be returned by JW ASAP and that would have been made clear in the message, IMO. What would be the purpose of a message from SS that didn't require a response by JW? If he was still alive and trying to save his family, he would have left a message saying to respond back as soon as possible, IMO.

What was happening or being decided in those 90 minutes between the money drop and the 11:54 call? What was happening in the more than one hour after that before the fire was reported? I read in news reports that a lawn crew was there that morning. It was not stated what time they were there. Possibly DW had to wait for them to leave before setting the fire. I also wonder why all the different methods of violence. SS was beaten, stabbed AND strangled. I wonder if more than DW was at the home whether they all agreed to inflict their own form of violence so that they'd all be equally culpable of the murders. A pact of sorts. Just things that run thru my mind.

Really good points about the 11:54 call. I am leaning more to one side of the fence, but am increasingly wary about jumping to conclusions either way. (Mostly based on another case that is a mind-blower.) We just don't know even some of the basic facts yet, let alone the details.

You're welcome. There are so many parts and pieces to this puzzle, it's easy to get confused with some of the details. If something is repeated often enough, it can begin to seem like fact. From there, it starts to grow legs. The next thing you know, we're all (myself included), speculating about a detail that we don't know to be true.
Thank you for pointing that out. As far as I know, the only thing that has been said about the call was that, "...records show Savopoulos called his assistant at 11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire." I am not aware of news outlet or primary document that says that the call was not answered.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/suspect-slaying-wealthy-family-hunted-new-york

Really good points about the 11:54 call. I am leaning more to one side of the fence, but am increasingly wary about jumping to conclusions either way. (Mostly based on another case that is a mind-blower.) We just don't know even some of the basic facts yet, let alone the details.

What is the other case? I'd like to look it up. Thanks.

I didn't link it because the article been linked so many times and many people have a bad response to NT. So, why I said, if reported accurately.

Oh thanks. Since there is no other source, I'm sort of thinking NT made the same mistake many others have on that point. I think he's making the same assumptions that a lot of us have made.

Thanks for bringing that up anyway. I re-read the article and it does say unequivocally that the call went unanswered. NT writes that the Washington Post is the news outlet that obtained the cell records. Daily Mail also reports WP as a source of info for the records. Has the SW return been unsealed and I missed it or did WP have a source that disclosed that info off the record?

What is lividity?

2 hrs. behind, sorry if repeating. With (Google + Wiki + {unknown term} + Enter) we can learn a lot.

Short Answer
Lividity = settling of blood in lower part of body after death, a sign that can help pathologist doing autopsy determine several things, including ~time of death (TOD or ToD) & whether body was moved after death, & more.

Medium Answer
"Livor mortis [or] ... lividity ... is one of the signs of death. Livor mortis is a settling of the blood in the lower (dependent) portion of the body, causing a purplish red discoloration of the skin. When the heart stops functioning and is no longer agitating the blood, heavy red blood cells sink through the serum by action of gravity. Livor mortis starts twenty minutes to three hours after death and is congealed in the capillaries in four to five hours. Maximum lividity occurs within 6–12 hours. The blood pools into the interstitial tissues of the body. The intensity of the color depends upon the amount of reduced hemoglobin in the blood. The discoloration does not occur in the areas of the body that are in contact with the ground or another object, in which capillaries are compressed. As the vessel walls become permeable due to decomposition, blood leaks through them and stains the tissue. This is the reason for fixation of hypostasis." bbm
"Coroners can use the presence or absence of livor mortis as a means of determining an approximate time of death. The presence of livor mortis is also an indication of when it would be futile to begin CPR, or when it would be ineffective to continue if it is in progress. It can also be used by forensic investigators to determine whether or not a body has been moved - for instance, if the body is found lying face down but the pooling is present on the deceased's back, investigators can conclude that the body was originally positioned face up." bbm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livor_mortis

Long Answer
References listed at end of link.

Bell rings; Class dismissed. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics