DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any car come in that color? ;)

I think it's called " power green metallic"
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372916

Oh! That's different. My dad drove one of these for years. Only one in that color for hundreds, if not thousands of miles around. :floorlaugh: Couldn't miss it... I can see JW liking this color and the attention it would attract.

chevyluv.jpg :floorlaugh: Factory color too!

image.jpg
Beautiful day on The Island

IMO Ago has a lot of work to do defending DW.

Wint is a good case for bringing back the DP. I'm very curious what the bat and duct tape evidence processing will reveal.

I don't know why LE doesn't think the bat could have been used in the strangulation too, or Wint's boot or shoe or whatever he had on. Disgusting !

Police have not named him as a suspect. So Owens would not be telling a lie under oath. However, he conceded that over a hundred pieces of evidence have not been processed yet. That leaves the door open.

Yes, agreeing ^. LE saying 'Mr X is not a suspect in the ABC crime' is not the same as saying 'we have cleared Mr X of involvement in the ABC crime.'

Even if LE says 'we've cleared him,' if 6 mo, 1 yr, or 5 yr from now, more evd against Mr X is developed - technology advances, witness or co-conspirator comes forward, etc - that earlier LE stmt does not preclude prosecuting Mr X. That's why LE rarely makes such stmts (although there are exceptions). Think about successful prosecutions of some cold cases. LE's prior stmts like that prob'ly/certainly not admissible at trial, but pre-trial, defense atty's can fuss about it in media.

Over decades of reading many (1000+) true crime books, I've developed expectations of years-long time frame for crimes, investigations, arrests, PC hearings, pre-trial procedures, trials, sentencing, etc. As science & technology evolves, there are more tools for investigating & prosecuting. Imo, the DNA match that put DDW in LE's spotlight is an anomaly, in that it happened so fast. Likely that other arrests, if any, may be far down the road. Or not, IDK.

JM2cts, could be all wrong.

View attachment 78664
Beautiful day on The Island

IMO Ago has a lot of work to do defending DW.

OOooh my! That is a beautiful scene! Wish I was there. I'm a little green with envy. :discuss: Seen any sharks lately?

I do not envy Ago. God bless'em! Somebody's got to do it. #DirtyJobs

Yes, agreeing ^. LE saying 'Mr X is not a suspect in the ABC crime' is not the same as saying 'we have cleared Mr X of involvement in the ABC crime.'

Even if LE says 'we've cleared him,' if 6 mo, 1 yr, or 5 yr from now, more evd against Mr X is developed - technology advances, witness or co-conspirator comes forward, etc - that earlier LE stmt does not preclude prosecuting Mr X. That's why LE rarely makes such stmts (although there are exceptions). Think about successful prosecutions of some cold cases. LE's prior stmts like that prob'ly/certainly not admissible at trial, but pre-trial, defense atty's can fuss about it in media.

Over decades of reading many (1000+) true crime books, I've developed expectations of years-long time frame for crimes, investigations, arrests, PC hearings, pre-trial procedures, trials, sentencing, etc. As science & technology evolves, there are more tools for investigating & prosecuting. Imo, the DNA match that put DDW in LE's spotlight is an anomaly, in that it happened so fast. Likely that other arrests, if any, may be far down the road. Or not, IDK.

My expectations too - loooong investigation, long time for arrest. So I was floored :spinner: when they released the video of the suspect and Wint was :busted: soon after. :shocked2:

I was quite impressed with the detectives and their work.

So, whose your favorite true crime author: :read:

I didn't see one on the search that rkf provided, but definitely a color that stands out. Hmmm... neon green car... neon green construction vest.
Okay! Found one. Yep. Neon wrap they call it.
http://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1091365

From Bootsctr link, a BMW dealer post:
"BMW Abu Dhabi dealership has an exciting i8 in display. i8 gets a Green wrap. enjoy guys" bbm

Not sure, but I believe this car is not BMW factory color for yr of car shown, not a re-paint job, but a wrap, like below. My point - wondering if JW's BMW is same color. IIRC, some ppl here saved some of JW's SM or used the WayBack. Any pix of his car on SM, showing color, to match w crime scene pix?

Wraps on vehicles
"....large vinyl sheets as "decals". The vinyl sheets can later be removed with relative ease, drastically reducing the costs associated with changing.... Using what is known as a "conformable vinyl wrapping" material, a high-quality print or protective clear wrap can be molded to almost any and every part of a vehicle....vinyl vehicle wraps have also been used as an alternative to painting...personal passenger vehicles. This application of vinyl film as a substitute for painting first took place in 1993 in Germany, when vinyl manufacturer KPMF was asked to produce a film that could be used on a large-scale basis in place of painting..."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrap_advertising

LOTS of catching up to do! Too much wine last night! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope it was a good year! :toastred:

New lawyer show to come out this fall. I'll give it a go since it does star Rob Lowe :heartbeat:

The Grinder
Fred Savage stars as Lowe’s brother in Fox’s original series

“Fake it til you make it” is Rob Lowe’s mantra as Dean Sanderson, Jr. in Fox’s new original series “The Grinder.” Lowe stars as a hotshot television lawyer who returns to his hometown and joins his family’s law firm.

http://www.thewrap.com/rob-lowe-fox-the-grinder-in-new-promo-exclusive-video/

Okay. Zipping it up for now so folks won't have so much of my carp to wade through...

I believe the lawn crew was there that Thursday morning. I cannot believe the two dogs weren't barking at the boogeyman all night long in their home which they were duct-taped out of by the boogeyman himself (especially if they were used to staying inside at night). For what it's worth my baby had a run-in with a skunk and even a bath with hydrogen peroxide and water did not abate the smell and she spent a couple of nights outside. You would have thought she was being beaten she cried and whimpered like a baby puppy, but let me tell you she BARKED a lot too. I could tell it was her fake "come look for the boogeyman" bark. Just find it hard to believe the Savopoulos' dogs didn't raise cane the entire night and next morning. Poor babies!

I'm surprised, too. In my experience, Chesapeake Bay retrievers are HUGE barkers.

From Bootsctr link, a BMW dealer post:
"BMW Abu Dhabi dealership has an exciting i8 in display. i8 gets a Green wrap. enjoy guys" bbm

Not sure, but I believe this car is not BMW factory color, not a re-paint job, but a wrap, like below.
My point - wondering if JW's BMW is same color. IIRC, some ppl here saved some of JW's SM or used the WayBack. Any BMW pix there, showing color, to match w crime scene pix?

Wraps on vehicles
"....large vinyl sheets as "decals". The vinyl sheets can later be removed with relative ease, drastically reducing the costs associated with changing.... Using what is known as a "conformable vinyl wrapping" material, a high-quality print or protective clear wrap can be molded to almost any and every part of a vehicle....vinyl vehicle wraps have also been used as an alternative to painting...personal passenger vehicles. This application of vinyl film as a substitute for painting first took place in 1993 in Germany, when vinyl manufacturer KPMF was asked to produce a film that could be used on a large-scale basis in place of painting..."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrap_advertising

I trust you! So, this wrap stuff works like shrink wrap paper I guess?

I don't know if you saw the pics that rkf posted on about page 31 or 32 of what is thought to be JW's beamer. I brought one picture forward.

ETA: I see you are wanting previous pictures to compare to crime scene. Sorry! Y'all's ears are gonna fall off if I don't shut up.

I'm surprised, too. In my experience, Chesapeake Bay retrievers are HUGE barkers.

You know, I thought I read the neighbors mentioning the dogs being loose and barking, but I can't find it in any of the articles I have saved. They are sporting/hunting dogs and most dogs do bark when there is action in the neighborhood or a knock at the door or treeing a squirrel.

Dang SkiGirl! You are good. I hadn't seen the video! :highfive: I think it is the same car.

Dang SkiGirl! You are good. I hadn't seen the video! :highfive: I think it is the same car.

I know it's in jest, but seeing him waiving fake guns around and shooting them in the air from on top of the car is :nuts:.

You know, I thought I read the neighbors mentioning the dogs being loose and barking, but I can't find it in any of the articles I have saved. They are sporting/hunting dogs and most dogs do bark when there is action in the neighborhood or a knock at the door or treeing a squirrel.

The chessie owned by my roommate, bless his heart, would stand at the window and bark his fool head off at every living creature that happened to wander by. He also bit the fedex delivery man for having the gaul to come onto our front porch :(. He was sweet, but insanely protective with a strong prey drive. I don't know if they are all that way, but my golden retriever, also a hunting breed, has an incredible bark and likes to use it.

View attachment 78628 hope this works.. ok, this is tough! The second man is above the access shoot from the building. You can see the light reflecting off his shaved head. It is definitely a man, his profile even adjusted with the movement of the camera. (I was hesitant because I didn't realize the dumpster were so tall, but then realized they are the commercial type and much bigger than I originally thought.

Yes yes yes I agree ... per my other posts that is where I see the man, too. If you check the 20/20 video you can see the man is not by the shoes/trash. The video is easier to see that there isn't a man before the dumpster.

It also looks to me like the man with the bucket is looking toward the man by the dumpster and will "see" him in a step or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1