DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the Mosler registration be needed for the inspections or repairs of the other cars? To me, having this in his possession still does not have a logical explanation. And I do not buy the idea that he was given it to keep as a momento for scrap booking.

image.jpg

Good morning WS, another day closer to justice for SS, AS, PS, VF and their loved ones

<modsnip> I am at the point where I don't think it's worth the backlash to discuss his potential involvement anymore, so I don't.

I am so sorry to read this. I hope you will reconsider and continue to give your opinions and viewpoints, that many of us found valuable and insightful.On a website like this, why should any posters be "silenced" as long as their posts are within the "rules" of the site itself?

What has happened to the old spirit of free debate? There's no shame in having an alternative opinion. Aren't we here to test our hypotheses and don't we welcome intelligent rebuttal?

This would be one boring place if everyone is forced to think in lockstep or conform with the most popular opinion. In fact, it would just a a group of nodding heads. &#65533;&#65533;

If JW is innocent of involvement, there's no shame in the fact that we sleuthed a known liar that misled police and is linked by some very curious coincidences. God forbid that LE has such closed minds. It's allowed here to sleuth him. LE cherry-picked his SW's to be released. And he has a very empty past history and curiously affluent lifestyle considering his job history. He was fired for unknown reasons. Sponsors, opportunities that he himself said were on the horizon...just go away. Maybe he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. But that has not be proven to MY satisfaction. It's great if others feel differently. But you and I are entitled to think and express our opinions freeLy within the site rules, aren't we?

I will have no regrets looking hard at JW and continuing to add my viewpoints to the discussion. My opinion is that THIS is why Websleuths exists...to sleuth from VARIOUS viewpoints. Not to be forced to accept the most popular point of view.

Please don't feel you can't express yourself!

Good thing Mod snipped the gore. Most MSM reporters are aware but deem it not right for publication.

I haven't seen one msm report that. Not one. The only incident of that was from an irresponsible, unsupported comment.

What has been reported is that he was mutilated. He is the only one that was described as mutilated when reporters started getting info.

If "that" had happened, wouldn't the child have bled to death? I can't see it happening at the end, because the job was to kill, set fire to destroy evidence, and get out of there. "That" would have caused unnecessary delay.

And if done earlier, wouldn't poor PS have bled out?

It's been widely reported that PS died of thermal AND sharp instrument related injuries. Meaning that either injury would have led to death given enough time.

I am so sorry to read this. I hope you will reconsider and continue to give your opinions and viewpoints, that many of us found valuable and insightful.On a website like this, why should any posters be "silenced" as long as their posts are within the "rules" of the site itself?

What has happened to the old spirit of free debate? There's no shame in having an alternative opinion. Aren't we here to test our hypotheses and don't we welcome intelligent rebuttal?

This would be one boring place if everyone is forced to think in lockstep or conform with the most popular opinion. In fact, it would just a a group of nodding heads. &#65533;&#65533;

If JW is innocent of involvement, there's no shame in the fact that we sleuthed a known liar that misled police and is linked by some very curious coincidences. God forbid that LE has such closed minds. It's allowed here to sleuth him. LE cherry-picked his SW's to be released. And he has a very empty past history and curiously affluent lifestyle considering his job history. He was fired for unknown reasons. Sponsors, opportunities that he himself said were on the horizon...just go away. Maybe he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. But that has not be proven to MY satisfaction. It's great if others feel differently. But you and I are entitled to think and express our opinions freeLy within the site rules, aren't we?

I will have no regrets looking hard at JW and continuing to add my viewpoints to the discussion. My opinion is that THIS is why Websleuths exists...to sleuth from VARIOUS viewpoints. Not to be forced to accept the most popular point of view.

Please don't feel you can't express yourself!

I totally agree with everything you've said! I love a healthy debate and I'm not for policing others and I hope you will continue to express your POV. It can go quickly from interesting to unpleasant when it starts to get snarky or the blanket statement rebuttals start coming. It seems unique to this thread from what I can tell. It's all good. Still want to follow this case through!

<modsnip>I am at the point where I don't think it's worth the backlash to discuss his potential involvement anymore, so I don't.
I also beleive JW is innocent but the only other person available to discuss is DW and he's in jail with a mound of evidence to convict him. Other more likely suspects are not yet charged so JW gets the benefit of close examination. I am keeping an open mind about JW but it was his own doings that brought attention to him. He wanted attention and now he is getting it.

I'd like to see the whole exchange verbatim in a transcript. So, did he not present himself immediately to LE? If it was me and I thought the scene was too tumultuous, I'd call police or present myself at the station right away to tell what I knew.

I agree. And the same goes for the paraphrase about JW "not being a suspect." I want to know the context, etc.

It will be a great help when we actually have the transcripts. It is just human nature to accept a reporter's words that support our ore-existing point of view and, in the same article, reject what does not.

But it should all receive the same skepticism. IMO.

Isn't this "case" only the murder of SS? JW might not be a "suspect" in this particular case but last I checked there are three more cases to try. Plus the reports of two different methods of murder. I don't think JW has been completely ruled out for other related crimes just because he's not specifically named a suspect in This singular case.

I totally agree with everything you've said! I love a healthy debate and I'm not for policing others and I hope you will continue to express your POV. It can go quickly from interesting to unpleasant when it starts to get snarky or the blanket statement rebuttals start coming. It seems unique to this thread from what I can tell. It's all good. Still want to follow this case through!

Please stay and keep adding your insights! I am and have been...someone who is a great fan of your sleuthing ability.

I enjoy WS...because I was on the Debate team in college. At its best, WS reminds me of an online extension of that experience. By debate rules, you could not just endlessly repeat a position. The best posts here, IMO, are the ones that offer REAL counterpoints and intellectual or evidentiary contradictions...point by point.

Even when it's MY POV that is being dissected unfavorably, I enjoy those kinds of responses. Emotional stuff, and definitive proclamations...I just skip on and over.

You are a great poster! I will look forward to your continued input!

In the spirit of free debate and alternative opinions it's also possible that JW was caught up in a horrible event, has been investigated and found not to be a suspect per the lead investigator. I see that it's not a popular opinion but it deserves respect as well. The man is not charged, under arrest or apparently under suspicion any longer by LE.
The U.S. atty in her questioning brought out JW had freely cooperated and his movements around the time of the brutal murders had been verified by LE

Of course that could change today, tomorrow or next month. It is only my opinion that it is unlikely to. It is my opinion only that the defense (like they appeared to do in the prelim) is going to attempt to take the focus off DW and point fingers at JW. It's just my opinion from watching trials for fifteen years here that it's not going to work.

Isn't this "case" only the murder of SS? JW might not be a "suspect" in this particular case but last I checked there are three more cases to try. Plus the reports of two different methods of murder. I don't think JW has been completely ruled out for other related crimes just because he's not specifically named a suspect in This singular case.

It really doesn't matter. If you are in on any of it, you are in on all of it.

IMO if JW movements the day of the killings have been verified then it's unlikely that he's involved in the other three deaths. The entire crime from time of break in to pizza to the fire was testified about in the prelim.
It's just my opinion.

Most posters here who are not fans of JW on a personal level separate and apart from this crime ever happening, are still not CONVINCED he was involved in this crime. May even be totally on the fence like I am. People who are on the fence have their reasons which have been discussed extensively. The more (or even the less) that is made public gives rise to more questions. Hardly anyone is definite about believing he is definitely involved, IMO. Most are definite about not being sure. This is my impression of the state of thoughts generally and not intended to speak for anyone else. Just my impression.

FWIW, I don't see JW as a suspect, but as a witness and unwitting player. I'm very interested in knowing the events JW was a witness to and the activities that made him an unwitting player. I sure as heck want to know more about his actions the day before and the day of the crime, but that's because it will help us piece together what happened in that house on the dreadful, dreadful day, not because I'm looking to blame JW.

JMO at the moment, with what we know now.

I agree. It's impossible to know for certain either way at this point. We can "believe" things, but we don't know what's going on behind the scenes for our beliefs to be factual. That's why we're trying to discover more! And even if JW is not even slightly involved it will be fascinating to know his actions around the events and in response to what was happening.

In the spirit of free debate and alternative opinions it's also possible that JW was caught up in a horrible event, has been investigated and found not to be a suspect per the lead investigator. I see that it's not a popular opinion but it deserves respect as well. The man is not charged, under arrest or apparently under suspicion any longer by LE.
The U.S. atty in her questioning brought out JW had freely cooperated and his movements around the time of the brutal murders had been verified by LE

Of course that could change today, tomorrow or next month. It is only my opinion that it is unlikely to. It is my opinion only that the defense (like they appeared to do in the prelim) is going to attempt to take the focus off DW and point fingers at JW. It's just my opinion from watching trials for fifteen years here that it's not going to work.

Good points.

I cannot, however, imagine a defense scenario that can get DW out of that house and out of this crime and insert JW ALONE...that is not utterly fantastic. And I can't imagine that a respected attorney, the head of the Department, is going to be a mouthpiece for such nonsense. Yes, we saw Baez in action...but George was at home, in the house, etc.

So if JW is on video cameras, with witnesses, etc during the entire duration of the crime...that is no credible defense for DW.

Unless, they already know there are gaps and holes in JW's timeline, wherein they can insert suspicion....as Baez did with George Anthony.

That's what I'm curios about. Why not try to blame some unknown Facebook friend who can't account for his time? Why pick JW? Unless they know...there's a point of "entry" to cast credible suspicion.

This will be high profile. How ridiculous does the Head of this Department want to look as this case is covered even internationally?

Let's compare this with your quite excellent culinary expertise, TexMex. Could the producer of some cooking show convince you to go on national TV and assert that traditional egg salad can be made without boiling eggs? You have your reputation with friends, family, and here on WS to protect!

That's why I'm suspicious that there is an opening in JW's account that gives DW's attorney just the opportunity he needs to cast his net and accuse JW and cast DW in a more sympathetic light.

"When we know who was there...etc" as the previous lawyer once said.

Has it been established that he ever left the crime scene? Before he discovered his car was blocked he may have been talking to other bystanders at the fire scene.

I don't think it's been established. There was a single source. Given how poor the reporting has been in this case, I'd like to see a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1